Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 - Game Update #2 Details

• Facebook
  • Display
    Glad to hear WR blocking will be tweaked on option plays

Quote Originally Posted by th3 last tiger View Post
    Glad to hear WR blocking will be tweaked on option plays
    I'm not, I keep blowing up peoples options

Unfortunately, the process of testing and certification is out of the dev team's hands. Hopefully Sony and Microsoft get to it sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
    I have played a ton of games and my best wr that I have had in my dynasty was 94 and never did the animation trigger.
    In NCAA 10 and NCAA 11, certain catching animations were reserved only for players with a high Spectacular Catch rating (95+).

I imagine it's the same this year, though I haven't had time to test it.

Meaning, unless you have a player with high SPC, you'll NEVER see some of those animations.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Unfortunately, the process of testing and certification is out of the dev team's hands. Hopefully Sony and Microsoft get to it sooner than later.
    True, but testing BEFORE the game is launched is most certainly in the dev team's hands and they fumbled it. Big-time.

I'm confident NCAA 12 will be the greatest one ever once it's patched and tuned, but this is getting to be unacceptable. If that timeline holds, then I think the launch of NCAA 12 was even worse than NCAA 10 and NCAA 11 -- and that's some shameful company to be in.

That's immensely disappointing. It's kind of expected since they had a ton of bugs and freezing issues to fix, but to see virtually no game play enhancements or improvements makes it considerably underwhelming for me. Oh well, at least I wont have to worry about the stupid play book glitch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    That's immensely disappointing. It's kind of expected since they had a ton of bugs and freezing issues to fix, but to see virtually no game play enhancements or improvements makes it considerably underwhelming for me. Oh well, at least I wont have to worry about the stupid play book glitch anymore.
    As mentioned, I imagine the majority of that is fixed via sliders. Obviously that won't address trajectory or similar issues, but with trajectory being in the game the same way as it is for so long, the possibility of changing that mid-year is very remote since it would impact gameplay significantly.

Yeah, make sure to vote on it for the wishlist tourney

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    As mentioned, I imagine the majority of that is fixed via sliders. Obviously that won't address trajectory or similar issues, but with trajectory being in the game the same way as it is for so long, the possibility of changing that mid-year is very remote since it would impact gameplay significantly.
    I wasn't expecting the trajectory to be lowered. I'm fully prepared to deal with that issue until they build a new engine. It's existed in every NCAA game this generation, it just hasn't be noticeable because the defense was dumb. Now that the defense is a little bit smarter, it's much more noticeable. Of course they could always make the defense dumb again, but I don't want that.

I'm more or less referring to a few plays in 425 where the safety runs 30 yards back, the fact there is virtually no pressure from the DE and too much from the DTs, how the defenders immediately react once the ball is thrown, how the WR makes no attempt to catch the ball on some plays and it hits him right in the head, etc.. I was expecting SOME stuff like that to be fixed. Maybe next patch.

Any word on custom playbook formation order?

Well, DEs & DTs can very likely be adjusted via Live Tuners. I imagine the defenders reacting quickly POSSIBLY can though who knows if they have plans to adjust that thus neutering the defense. WRs possibly could be addressed via Live Tuner but just depends on what is triggering the issue.

So, is the 'custom playbook fix' supposed to address ALL the issues with custom playbooks including blank formation audibles, files that corrupt and freeze the game etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    So, is the 'custom playbook fix' supposed to address ALL the issues with custom playbooks including blank formation audibles, files that corrupt and freeze the game etc.?
    At this point we don't know anything more than what is listed in the blog. If you guys want to put together a list of top issues that you don't see listed then we can put it together and ask the devs for further clarification. As well, we can see if we can find some information about what gameplay adjustments are likely to be made.

WRs possibly could be addressed via Live Tuner but just depends on what is triggering the issue.
    I don't know. It ALWAYS happens on drags and crossing patterns, though. I've never, ever experienced it on any other route, and it's routine enough on those two types of routes that I rarely throw them anymore. I would like it corrected, though. I've had numerous 3rd and short conversions failed because of the issue.

Not a lot of gameplay improvements really. My biggest issues with the game are not addressed although I didn't expect them to be (bringing back the r-stick juke, more personality in the cpu RBs, having the cpu throw the ball more to their better WRs, more player momentum/weight, more arc on passes).

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Not a lot of gameplay improvements really. My biggest issues with the game are not addressed although I didn't expect them to be (bringing back the r-stick juke, more personality in the cpu RBs, having the cpu throw the ball more to their better WRs, more player momentum/weight, more arc on passes).
    The Tendency fix might help some with RBs as I think Tendency helps certain backs in becoming more likely to execute certain moves.

If you guys want to put together a list of top issues that you don't see listed then we can put it together and ask the devs for further clarification.
    I'd like clarification on two things:

1) Will formations be sorted alphabetically post-patch (i.e., will I find Ace Y-Trips below Ace Bunch Base)?

2) Will blank formation audibles be fixed? I have some formations with play that definitely qualify as Quick Pass, but the formation audible for Quick Pass does nothing.

" Warning Graphic Whore Alert "

No mention of fixing some of the graphical annoyances. Like the End Zone text in RTG. Heck even the graphics on the field of the college teams. Not to mention the splotchy grass effect during actual gameplay.

Paging George Toma to the graphics department at Tiburon. Guru of Grass to the graphics department at Tiburon.

I'm sorry if my opinion is infractable or overboard but to take a control away (while your manual says its still in when its not) pisses me off. So now a patch is coming in 30 days or less and EA wants us to jump for joy? Here's an idea, get your shit together before you ship a product and then make minimal fixes later if necessary. I'm not going to hop around with a big grin with an inferior product in my console. Sorry, but that's crazy and you should expect more

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The Tendency fix might help some with RBs as I think Tendency helps certain backs in becoming more likely to execute certain moves.
    That would be nice but the tools aren't really there anymore. I tried juicing the RBA to 100 and the r-stick juke looks the same. The juke needs to be stronger but how quick/effective it is should be tied more to the RB ratings. The speed of the animation should be slow for big guys and fast for little guys.

As for the arc on the passes I'm really doubting that can be addressed in a patch. However, how often defensive players can swat the ball could easily be tuned. I wish the dev team would have kept the knockdown slider in the game. That would have fixed that issue instantly for offline users. In NCAA 09 and prior versions the knockdown slider was a great tool to adjust DB play. The higher you turned it up the easier it was for a DB to make a play on the ball. It acted as an invisible halo around the player. Max out the knockdown slider and the DB/LB would knock down and make great plays on any ball within 3 yards of them. Drop it to 0 and the defender almost turned invisible as the balls would get right by them. It would be nice if they brought that slider back. I'm sure they could adjust this area through a tuner or patch if they wanted to.