Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 11 Demo Available Now! Share Your Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    my 3 games so far have been 10-7 loss, 10-7 win in OT, 13-10 win in OT. clock always stops on 1st downs, and people are probably running no-huddle I suppose.

Just started playing as OSU against Miami. JB and gschwendt, you guys were right about locomotion. The running game feels different. Presentation is amazing. The animations are cleaner. The new playbook menu will take some getting used to, but overall, I am impressed.

the camera for squib kick needs some work. it couldn't keep up with the ball at all, then afterwards, the camera was in the ground. all I could see was grass.

Well I'm off to class, hopefully the demo will be up when I get out.

Recruit
    I played three games before I went to work. So I’ll give a quick break down on what I saw.

Locomotion seems to really add to the game.
    The game is very fluid.
    The speed seems to be fine during gameplay, exceptt on kickoffs, the speed seems to be faster to me. Kind of weird.
    I like the camera angle, some have complained about it.
    We can change difficulty, but that’s about it. No sliders, no game speed slider.
    Controller figuration – You can turn on auto pass and auto speed burst. I didn’t mess with those options though. So I’m not really sure what auto pass does.
    QB sneak is done like Madden last year. QB falls forward and you pick which side.
    Man alignment still doesn’t seem to work on defense.
    ESPN integration is pretty cool.
    I like the intro’s… I was getting some of the same cutscenes during pregame though. Maybe there will be more in retail version.
    Commentary is really no different.
    I was able to get some pretty good pressure with my front 4.
    I tried to pitch the ball on an option twice while getting hit and it resulted in a turnover.
    RB's seem to be able to get "skinny" and get through the hole.

If I can think of more, I’ll post them. I made some notes on my phone to post while at work.

Yeah, the playbook menus were slowing me down quite a bit; have to get used to how they are now.

Sounds promising although the "high" scores (for 2 min qtrs) concern me.

Watching Anton play the demo... he ran a Pistol HB Dive (at my request) and I'm happy to report that it looks like they fixed the animation on the handoff (thanks to my feedback ).

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah there are no drastic changes. A few added things here and there, and the subtraction of Corso.

The subtraction of Corso can only be a good thing. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The scores you guys are posting are very high for 2 minute quarters. Is the game clock stopping between plays on the demo?
    My 22-10 score had my team (OU) with a 70+ yard TD run and I also scored in the final seconds to run up the score on Texas.

apparently I'm being used to invite to play the demo for the pro combat unlock. I've gotten about 10 messages already. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Sounds promising although the "high" scores (for 2 min qtrs) concern me.
    Depends what level people were playing on and if turnovers occurred.

When guys are open, they are open and pretty easy to hit in the passing game. When they are covered, the CPU seems to do a pretty good job of staying with a guy and cutting off the passing lane, i.e. being between the receiver and the ball.

Plus, I was being a punk and going for 2pt conversions in order to check out more offensive plays.

I like how they tweaked the speed rating. For instance, Pryor only has 82 speed, but still plays fast. BTW, Does anyone else have a craving for a Reese's, or is it just me?

EDIT: Pryor has 91 speed. Not sure what I was looking at.
    Last edited by HWill; 06-14-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Ha, the sponsored ad caught my eye too.

Don't recall anybody explicitly mentioning it, but when the CPU went no-huddle, you have access to your defensive playbook for the set you were in at the time, so you have all the blitzes, coverages, etc. to pick from in that set as compared to being stuck with your previous play call and audibles in previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Depends what level people were playing on and if turnovers occurred.

When guys are open, they are open and pretty easy to hit in the passing game. When they are covered, the CPU seems to do a pretty good job of staying with a guy and cutting off the passing lane, i.e. being between the receiver and the ball.

Plus, I was being a punk and going for 2pt conversions in order to check out more offensive plays.
    Sounds good. At other sites I was also seeing reported 28-0 and the like for scores. It was giving me concerns/night mares of Wide Open Gameplay 2.0.

of course, Reese's has the perfect balance of chocolate...... and peanut butter.

one of the bigger issue I've having is that sometimes my runner will get stuck on my blockers if I get too close and it's hard to get off of them. just going to take some time to get used to it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    The subtraction of Corso can only be a good thing. Just sayin'
    I agree. I found it funny that it took a couple hours of gameplay at Community Day to realize he wasn't in the commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I agree. I found it funny that it took a couple hours of gameplay at Community Day to realize he wasn't in the commentary.
    Lol perhaps we have all learned to block out his now "painful" lines which have been the same since lord knows when. It would be interesting to know when the last time he actually did "work" in the EA studio to add to their commentary library. It has to have been years ago.

Opening quarter of Ohio State vs. Miami: