Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA '12: Heisman 0 Threshold Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA '12: Heisman 0 Threshold Sliders

Set 1
    Settings - House Rules (Game Difficulty & Penalties)

Gameplay Options
    Skill Heisman
    Injuries On
    Fatigue On
    Quarter Length 7 min
    Play Clock On
    Coaching Tips Off
    Game Speed Normal
    Player Min Speed Threshold 0
    Home Field Advantage Effects On
    Ice the Kicker On
    Game Rules
    Offsides 85
    False Start 85
    Holding 85
    Facemask 60
    Offensive Pass Interference 100
    Defensive Pass Interference 100
    KR/PR Interference 100
    Clipping 60
    Intentional Grounding 100
    Roughing the Passer 100
    Roughing the Kicker 100
    Custom AI
    USER
    QB Accuracy 35
    Pass Blocking 50
    WR Catching 65
    RB Ability 45
    Run Blocking 55
    Pass Coverage 50
    Pass Rush 35
    Interceptions 35
    Rush Defense 35
    Tackling 45
    FG Power 50
    FG Accuracy 20
    Punt Power 50
    Punt Accuracy 50
    Kickoff Power 45
    CPU
    QB Accuracy 35
    Pass Blocking 50
    WR Catching 65
    RB Ability 45
    Run Blocking 55
    Pass Coverage 50
    Pass Rush 35
    Interceptions 35
    Rush Defense 35
    Tackling 45
    FG Power 50
    FG Accuracy 20
    Punt Power 50
    Punt Accuracy 50
    Kickoff Power 45

Set 2
    Settings - House Rules (Game Difficulty & Penalties)

Gameplay Options
    Skill Heisman
    Injuries On
    Fatigue On
    Quarter Length 8 min
    Play Clock On
    Coaching Tips Off
    Game Speed Fast
    Player Min Speed Threshold 0
    Home Field Advantage Effects On
    Ice the Kicker On
    Game Rules
    Offsides 85
    False Start 85
    Holding 57
    Facemask 57
    Offensive Pass Interference 100
    Defensive Pass Interference 100
    KR/PR Interference 100
    Clipping 57
    Intentional Grounding 100
    Roughing the Passer 100
    Roughing the Kicker 100
    Custom AI
    USER
    QB Accuracy 15
    Pass Blocking 15
    WR Catching 35
    RB Ability 10
    Run Blocking 15
    Pass Coverage 15
    Pass Rush 5
    Interceptions 35
    Rush Defense 15
    Tackling 10
    FG Power 50
    FG Accuracy 20
    Punt Power 50
    Punt Accuracy 50
    Kickoff Power 45
    CPU
    QB Accuracy 15
    Pass Blocking 15
    WR Catching 35
    RB Ability 10
    Run Blocking 15
    Pass Coverage 15
    Pass Rush 5
    Interceptions 35
    Rush Defense 15
    Tackling 10
    FG Power 50
    FG Accuracy 50
    Punt Power 50
    Punt Accuracy 50
    Kickoff Power 45
    Last edited by JerzeyReign; 08-25-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Freshman
    What are you seeing that's making you want to tweak the sliders? I've played a few games with default heisman and been fairly impressed with how well it has played. My limited number of games, however, is a small sample, so I'm curious what you've seen. Thanks.

Honestly, I haven't seen much yet. I've put it down to 0 threshold on default and it played fairly well. I haven't really hit my stride because I want to ensure I have a strong grasp on the gameplay settings before I start 'tweaking like crazy'. Probably will hit it hard this weekend. With no wife present it should be fairly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    Honestly, I haven't seen much yet. I've put it down to 0 threshold on default and it played fairly well. I haven't really hit my stride because I want to ensure I have a strong grasp on the gameplay settings before I start 'tweaking like crazy'. Probably will hit it hard this weekend. With no wife present it should be fairly easy.
    What's the logic behind 0 threshold? It's one slider ive never really got to grips with. I mean I know precisely what it does I just never know how to modify it.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshire2012 View Post
    What's the logic behind 0 threshold? It's one slider ive never really got to grips with. I mean I know precisely what it does I just never know how to modify it.
    0 means if you were to go into a game or practice with 99 speed running backs and wide receivers and a secondary full of 60 speed guys, the running backs and wide receivers would pretty much run circles around the secondary. With the threshold at 0, the speed rating for players truly comes into factor in the game as that's the only thing that differentiates one player from another with a 0 threshold when it comes to how fast or slow they are. If you have the threshold at 100, all the players play like they're the same speed rating. So a 60 speed cornerback would have no problem at all keeping up with a 99 speed wide receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatcha View Post
    What are you seeing that's making you want to tweak the sliders? I've played a few games with default heisman and been fairly impressed with how well it has played. My limited number of games, however, is a small sample, so I'm curious what you've seen. Thanks.
    I fully agree with this. I've only played 3 Play Now games, but I'm really pleased with the default Heisman this year so far.

I agree. Thats why I want to see how much a 0 threshold effects the gameplay. So far not to differently as the AI matches up a lot better than last year. I won't even lie to you guys, my base hasn't swayed from default yet. My tweaking is for when we all get used to the new game and start seeing different things jump out. With me being in the military and my week full, the weekend looks to be the best time to dive completely into it barring any setbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    0 means if you were to go into a game or practice with 99 speed running backs and wide receivers and a secondary full of 60 speed guys, the running backs and wide receivers would pretty much run circles around the secondary. With the threshold at 0, the speed rating for players truly comes into factor in the game as that's the only thing that differentiates one player from another with a 0 threshold when it comes to how fast or slow they are. If you have the threshold at 100, all the players play like they're the same speed rating. So a 60 speed cornerback would have no problem at all keeping up with a 99 speed wide receiver.
    Yeah I understand what it does, I've just ever understood how people decide to edit it. So i know that setting it to zero does what you've described, but is that too big a gap between fast and slow players? Is 50 too little? The devs must know what real life is on the slider.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshire2012 View Post
    Yeah I understand what it does, I've just ever understood how people decide to edit it. So i know that setting it to zero does what you've described, but is that too big a gap between fast and slow players? Is 50 too little? The devs must know what real life is on the slider.
    I'll find some of the research others have put in. I personally just used the 'at 100' everyone plays at the same speed so 'at 0' they must play at their ratings. I have an example below of a 0 threshold play. #6 of Miami is a 94spd 93acc back. I think the quickest player on WF is a 90spd high 80s acceleration corner. If you look closely you can tell the exact moment I started to 'sprint'.

http://youtu.be/3iPhCFEV7_U

I've only played 2 games on default Heisman and it's been a while since I played '11, but so far it seems relatively easy.

I just smashed Boise State 38-0 with Georgia and I beat Clemson last night 32-15. But that's a small sample size.

Put up over 200 yards rushing with an 'average-rated' RB (Vincent Smith of UM) last night, busting two long TD runs during the game. Had a bunch of smaller 2-3 yard runs also of course with some 8-10 yarders thrown in also. I saved the highlights, but haven't uploaded them yet, but the speed seemed adequate as they showed him outrunning guys he should outrun and increasing the gap once he hit the open field.

Heisman really plays nicely this year out of the box. You get penalized for dumb throws bigtime, running isn't automatic but you can bust big ones even without star RBs, you better play smart on D as the CPU will abuse you but there isn't the robo-QB syndrome by any means so far, the CPU will hit you up deep if you neglect it, CPU can run the ball, CPU QB will run on you if nothing is open.........Heisman is a challenge, but it isn't cheap like some past versions. It really seems like they put some dedicated work into playcalling and how the CPU plays, although the CPU will make mistakes and be too aggressive at times so if you can recognize the coverage there are big plays to be had..........very nice.

@Austin -- I wish I could 'like' that post Facebook style They removed the famous force fields on Heisman making sliders difficult to tweak right now because it plays so 'right' right now. I'm really at a lost right now which is a good thing. The only thing I've changed is the 0 player threshold and I could call this the best 'out of the box' playing sports game this gen. Yes... it can be mentioned with MLB The Show in this category.

Just played SDSU (CPU) @ UNLV (Me) and lost 24-17. Score didn't reflect how dominant the SDSU offense was in this one as Tillman ran all over me. He had 191 total yards (149 on the ground). His speed made me keep an eye on him the whole time and it felt rewarding having to treat their star like a... star!

Hopefully, a patch doesn't mess things up but once everyone starts getting a little better and things are noticed please bring them up. I'll lab for you if you don't have the time.

Ray

Played one half with the above 'base' and for the first time I've actually been blown out playing as a cupcake versus a powerhouse. I (FAU) went down to Gainesville to take on Florida. Demps has been damn near impossible to contain and the whole Gator team is just too fast to keep track of. At the half its 34-10... my offense has been horrid and I've gotten a couple of lucky plays to even put points on the board.

Will start posting full stats this weekend.

Good to hear others are experiencing the same.

It is still very early in regards to time spent playing the game so far, but for the past several versions I was already tweaking sliders and unhappy with the default gameplay. That urge and feeling of it being a necessity hasn't hit me yet, as I'm not 'feeling' or seeing trends that used to piss me off to no end in past versions.

FWIW, I did some specific speed threshold testing for '11 (using edited test players running "sprints," i.e., streak routes as a base for comparison) and there was very little difference between setting the threshold at 0 and at default 50. If you took a player with 40 speed lined up against a player with 95 speed, and ran them for 50 yards, the 95 guy would get 5-7 extra yards of separation with threshold at 0 compared to 50. And, that's measured only after running deep for 50 yards (the extra separation being less than that after, say, 20 yards). As you might expect, the extra separation from setting the threshold at 0 was even smaller when comparing guys with a 95 speed to 85 speed. Anyway just thought I'd pass along the info. Ultimately I concluded that it was okay to leave it 50 because that's the default level that you can't change for user vs. user games anyway.

Finally made some tweaks. A video is currently processing that I will put up so you guys can see the set in action. The game was WSU (Me) at Washington. Only will upload the first half (sorry, I do a lot of half games during testing).

Gameplay Footage (Music Is NOT Safe For Work Or Children; Jay-Z Big Pimpin'):

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 07-16-2011 at 04:34 PM.

More Gameplay. Illinois (CPU) @ Michigan (Me). Great game. Trying to find out how to narrate the videos so I can explain the sliders better.

Why does the "threshold" even exist in this game???

Why Can't a 95 speed guy best faster than a 90 speed guy on any difficulty setting ALWAYS???

One thing im noticing right away from your videos is that the screen pass is realistically effective whereas on default the cpu would always either pick it off or tackle for a loss. Ill give your sliders a shot from the vids they look good