Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's Slider Work and Stats Thread (NCAA 12)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I checked, I have CPU coverage at 75. I'm always open to ideas, Dr. Death.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I checked, I have CPU coverage at 75. I'm always open to ideas, Dr. Death.

Here's some Heisman Sliders that I would be interested in seeing how you do w/ them as well as anyone else. A guy on OS posted some and these are those but w/ some tweaks. The first tweak is the Speed Threshold or whatever it's called, he had it at 40, I changed that to 0. He had HUM Pass Blocking at 35 and HUM WR Catching at 30, I moved both up by 5, to 40 and 35.

I played two games, the first I was at and using his original sliders but w/ the speed threshold at 0. That was a fun game. Challenging, as can be expected playing at . They won 42-35 and their RB had 24 carries for 176 yards and 2 TD's, but that yardage was aided by one pretty long run. Even w/ out that he averaged around 4.8 per carry. As you know, I throw a lot, and my QB was 38 of 57 for 489, 5 TD's and 1 INT. But I had 7 dropped passes and this w/ Catch set to conservative, hence the reason I moved it up 5 points for the next game. I was also sacked 8 times which seemed a bit high. 4 in the first 10 plays, and 4 in the final quarter.

Second game I was at home against and I won 28-20, but trailed 18-20 w/ just over 1:40 to play. I kicked a FG to go up 21-20, then stopped them on downs and had a short, 16 yard drive for the final TD. In this game my QB was 42 of 56 for 366, w/ 3 TD's and 2 INT's... one of those was pure crap though. Ball hit my receiver right in the hands, popped out, and a LBer scooped it up just before it hit the ground. I have the full stats for this game, and they are as follows:

.................... -

TotYds- ..........218.............338
    RunYds- .....32 - 74 - 2........N/A
    Pass- ....20/14/144/0/1....56/42/366/3/2
    3rd%- ...........2/13..............4/13
    4th%- ...........0/2................1/1
    RZ%- .......4/2/1 75%........3/2/1 100%
    TO- ..............2.....................3
    SacksBy- .......5.....................4
    TOP-.........12:36................27:24

Here are the sliders:

Heisman - 10 Minute Quarters - Speed Threshold 0 - Slow

HUM - CPU
    10......10 - QB Acc
    40......30 - Pass Block
    35......35 - WR Catch
    40......40 - RB Ability
    40......40 - Run Block
    20......20 - Pass Cov
    25......25 - Pass Rush
    30......30 - INT
    15......20 - Rush D
    25......25 - Tackle
    45......45 - FG Power
    40......40 - FG ACC
    45......45 - Punt Power
    40......40 - Punt ACC
    45......45 - KO Power

All in all, these were the best two games I've had. Very fun, both challenging, both came down to the wire. So you might try them out. Be forewarned, there are many times the first tackler for you won't make the tackle. It keeps you on your toes because you really have to be ready for the CPU to break tackles. But overall, these are the most fun I've had and best games I've had so far.

This is my starting point as of right now. I still have a lot of work to do before I figure it out. Sliders are totally personal and are really based on your skill level. I like to have a good mix of fun and challenge.

Setting: ALL AMERICAN
    Length: 9 minute quarters
    Game speed: SLOW
    Threshold: 50 (I usually have it at 30)
    *** I do not use game planning on either side of the ball

Custom AI Custom AI

USER USER slider
    QB Accuracy 40 (moving to 35)
    Pass Blocking 45
    WR Catching 50
    RB Ability 45
    Run Blocking 40
    Pass Coverage 45
    Pass Rush 85
    Interceptions 40
    Rush Defense 30
    Tackling 50
    FG Power 45
    FG Accuracy 45
    Punt Power 50
    Punt Accuracy 45
    Kickoff Power 50

CPU CPU slider
    QB Accuracy 50
    Pass Blocking 45
    WR Catching 50
    RB Ability 55
    Run Blocking 65
    Pass Coverage 65
    Pass Rush 50
    Interceptions 40
    Rush Defense 70
    Tackling 50
    FG Power 45
    FG Accuracy 45
    Punt Power 50
    Punt Accuracy 60
    Kickoff Power 50
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-09-2012 at 02:41 AM.

I'm probably a game or two away from having something to post. While they will be far from final, I do have a pretty good base right now.

I'll try to knock a couple games out when I get home and, if things still look like they're headed in the right direction, I'll post what I have late tonight.

I'm probably a game or two away from having something to post. While they will be far from final, I do have a pretty good base right now.

I'll try to knock a couple games out when I get home and, if things still look like they're headed in the right direction, I'll post what I have late tonight.

Hey man sorry I missed you last night. If you still want/need me as a "beta tester" I'll be on again tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Hey man sorry I missed you last night. If you still want/need me as a "beta tester" I'll be on again tonight.
    No worries. Shoot me a text if you can talk this evening and I'll give you what I have so far.

As someone who has always avoided Heisman mode because I felt it "cheated", I would strongly recommend giving it a shot right now. With the game in it's current state without a patch, Heisman mode has really impressed me. Especially when it comes to CPU offensive ability. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    As someone who has always avoided Heisman mode because I felt it "cheated", I would strongly recommend giving it a shot right now. With the game in it's current state without a patch, Heisman mode has really impressed me. Especially when it comes to CPU offensive ability. Just my 2 cents.
    I feel the same. Getting ready to play my first dynasty game w/ the sliders I have posted above, and will likely play 3-4 games w/ those to get a feel for them in dynasty mode. But right now, Heisman seems to be the best competition w/ out that feeling of being cheated on.

For brevity's sake, here are the scores of my last 3 games:

KSU 7 @ Iowa (me) 26
    UTSA (me) 23 @ Texas 48
    NIU 7 @ Michigan (me) 38

It's been a decent mix thus far. I still want to get, at least, one more game in before posting what I have so far.

I just wrapped up my last game for tonight. I won, as Alabama, at Oklahoma, 31-9.

This result, while not utterly ridiculous, was lopsided enough that I am sure I don't want to post anything yet. I'm going to play another game tomorrow evening between top teams. If that game is similar to this one, I'll need to make massive changes (yes, perhaps Heisman).

That said, I'll give an update after I play my next game.

Matt, the biggest problem I have found with sliders is that each game plays so different. Add in the fact that weather has a huge impact. Plus, practise mode sliders and game sldiers are totally different. The main issue I am having is with cpu rushing. I can get the cpu rb's a 5ypc avg but all runs to the outside + options kill their stats. Have you found a way to fix cpu running to the outside???

I am working on some changes to the Heisman sliders, gotta see if I can rent the game here in a bit. If so, then I'll make the adjustments and get some games in.

I have rushed extremely well on All-American.

I made the jump to Heisman tonight. I've got snoop and CLW playing with the sliders I have to get some more testing done. Eric is going to get them from me too.

Steeler, if you want to send me your sliders, I can give them a test. I'm gonna try out Dr Death's sliders either tonight or tomorrow afternoon, and I'll help you out and test your sliders, help you get them refined, if you want. I used your sliders exclusively last year, so while I'm gonna give Dr D's a try, I still am looking forward to what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Steeler, if you want to send me your sliders, I can give them a test. I'm gonna try out Dr Death's sliders either tonight or tomorrow afternoon, and I'll help you out and test your sliders, help you get them refined, if you want. I used your sliders exclusively last year, so while I'm gonna give Dr D's a try, I still am looking forward to what you come up with.
    I can't do it right now, my daughter is playing GTA, lol. I well send them to you tomorrow or sometime over the weekend though.

I would post them, but I just don't want everyone/anyone thinking they're my finished/close-to-finished product. I have a lot of work to do yet.

Thanks for offering to help.

I can't do it right now, my daughter is playing GTA, lol. I well send them to you tomorrow or sometime over the weekend though.

I would post them, but I just don't want everyone/anyone thinking they're my finished/close-to-finished product. I have a lot of work to do yet.

Thanks for offering to help.

It's perfectly fine man! I wasn't expecting you to post them for that exact reason. I was expecting just a PM. But always glad to help out, especially after how great your sliders were last year, they were the only set I used the entire time I played '12.

Anytime is fine, no rush. I think I'm just gonna end up watching a movie and go to sleep tonight, so it'd be tomorrow afternoon at the earliest before I'd even be getting online to play '13, so take as long as you need. I'm not gonna be starting my dynasty for a bit yet, between getting sliders sorted out and deciding if I want to wait for the two dynasty issues (Proximity to Home and Playing Time) to be patched or take my licks with this two issues for now and hope EA gets them patched early on in my dynasty, so at most I'm just gonna be playing Play Now games and start up some throwaway dynasties just to screw around and get used to the scouting stuff, so plenty of opportunities for me to test out and help with sliders.

Game 1 from last night using the set you gave me other than Speed which I left at Normal instead of Slow (I think I'd like slow better)

Generally, (CPU) outplayed (me) for large portions of the game. I made a WILD comeback late including stripping the Texas HB late when they should have taken a knee to end the game. Of course I score to take the lead with less than 30 seconds remaining. However, Texas calmly and cooly picked apart my secondary and kicked the game winning field goal with 3 seconds left.

Thanks, CLW.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Game 1 from last night using the set you gave me other than Speed which I left at Normal instead of Slow (I think I'd like slow better)

Generally, (CPU) outplayed (me) for large portions of the game. I made a WILD comeback late including stripping the Texas HB late when they should have taken a knee to end the game. Of course I score to take the lead with less than 30 seconds remaining. However, Texas calmly and cooly picked apart my secondary and kicked the game winning field goal with 3 seconds left.
    Your running stats are yuck!