Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Demo - Share Your Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Played 1.5 games on Heisman, if you don't read coverages, you will struggle. Coverage is much better, learn to throw ball away this year. Oregon had a nice read option run on the QB keep for like 40+ yards. Zones play better. PA seems to work better, only toyed with it for a couple plays. Wish I didn't have to leave for work.

FSU running game was pretty nice against Bama. Both from shotgun and under center. Texas wasn't as good against Oregon, Oregon was blowing up UT's blocks.

Did not get to toy with too much on D, but definitely seems better position and assignment.
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 06-28-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Typo on phone

Running from the gun seems to be better. Not only with Oregon, but I had some success with Texas too. Of course running with Oregon QB (Thomas) is better than Texas QB (Gilbert).

Zone defense makes if tough. You have to read it. I threw 2 pics.

LMJ from Oregon (RB) can cut on a dime and not loose speed. I gotta play more with this.

Gotta get to the field house and lift my athletes (Corners) for their morning workout. I'll be back on later.

Just played it on someone's Xbox. I love it
    I lost 10-3 against Florida State on AA. FSU called a Fake Punt in the 2nd Quarter and converted a big 4th down. I got a huge kick return to start the game. They pulled off a huge TD run to start the 3rd. I did get a huge pass off that help me get a FG. I never felt so good taking a L. I might play it later.

Some more thoughts:
    Saw defenders pick up players entering their zones......had to wait for receivers to clear between zones or get behind the LBs.......as long as your OL gave you time. The rush seemed fair, rather than the LT glitch against CPU in past NCAA.

Playing on Heisman, mind you.

Last year, could pass all day on Heisman. In '12, defenders are carrying their zones. Combo routes and flood plays, knowing them and using them, has already proved useful. In '11, I actually got lazy and stopped worrying about reading Cov1, 2, or 3 as passing was so easy that you didn't need to worry about it. In '12, that didn't work this morning.....need to start checking again.

On defense, didn't get to play enough as I mentioned earlier, but noticed my DBs didn't seem as dumb and the CPU threw to some spots that closed up and weren't automatic completions like in '11 on Heisman. However, put your guys in bad situations and CPU WILL attack them, as I left a CB in single outside coverage and the CPU gambled on the long ball anyway even though coverage was solid..........got a TD on it, as my CB misread the ball in the air....ran up the WR's back more or less, then veered off of him and lost track of the ball in the air.

On one particular PA play that I called for the heck of it (hadn't set it up or anything) to see how PA worked, the defense wasn't fooled and ALL of the receivers were covered. In '11, I usually hot-routed the TE to stay in and block as that was the only way IMO to get the edge sealed consistently for the roll-out. Didn't do it this time but was able to actually run the roll-out instead of get insta-smashed in '11. However, all the receivers were covered well and I had to throw the ball out of bounds.

I am reading reports that inverted veer may have been implemented:

Can anyone confirm?

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, option run and screens are shit. Automatic 5-10 yard loss every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post

Can anyone confirm?
    oh GOD i hope so... that would be nice addition to my playbook...

"E"

Some rapid-fire thoughts:

Hardest hits I've seen in next-gen football. Loving that.

Refined momentum feels great.

Love the replay angles. You can really see the holes open up. Very cool.

Pass coverage is much tighter ... maybe too tight?

Zombie referee scares me.

I miss the old PA Boot Slide play in Bama's Ace Big Wing. I hope it's still in the game so I can select it in custom playbooks. Was always my favorite 3rd-and-short play ...

Can anyone confirm?
    I personally havn't seen it yet in any of the demo playbooks.

Smooth, haven't tried those yet. Tonight.

Unconquered, is the PA play you talking about where the TE comes underneath to the backside flat? Great play. Haven't looked for it, but would be disappointed/surprised if it was gone.

Still seeing a lot of issues with the option, screens, and defensive/offensive line interaction. Gameplay wise, really not that excited. I may end up web simming games more than I actually play them in my coaching carousel OD.

Did they remove open-field celebrations? I pressed B inside the 20, and I was in the clear by about 15 yards, and I got nothin' ...

I don't care if they flag me for it, but I'd at least like the OPTION to showboat if I want.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Unconquered, is the PA play you talking about where the TE comes underneath to the backside flat? Great play. Haven't looked for it, but would be disappointed/surprised if it was gone.
    Sounds like it. It was in North Carolina's playbook, too. And there was a linked HB Slant 18 play to go with it. Hope it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    maybe too tight?
    i prefer that over what weve had... would be nice for people to have to work for something in this game for once ont he offensive side of the ball

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    Did they remove open-field celebrations? I pressed B inside the 20, and I was in the clear by about 15 yards, and I got nothin' ...

I don't care if they flag me for it, but I'd at least like the OPTION to showboat if I want.
    Last I knew it was in the game when I played it at the May Community Event; still waiting for the PS3 demo though so I can't say anything specifically with regards to what is online today.

As a playbook junkie, I'm happy to report I'm seeing A LOT more new plays than I was expecting, especially in Oregon's playbook.

Some early footage of the NCAA Football 12 demo on 360 for those of us PS3 owners who are forced to wait because of Sony's stupid PSN Store upload timing:

Passes still need more arc ... too many rocketballs. NCAA 06 really had the right touch on passes.

Can anyone confirm?
    I sure as heck hope so. Taylor Martinez destroyyyyed Kansas State on that read. Unfortunately Texas got wise and their DT destroyed us instead.

Freshman
    Special teams

Special teams for the human is great, returned a kick off and punt back for a TD. Special teams for the CPU however is terrible. Their blocking isn't good and the cpu runs directly up the middle into the crowd.

Blitzing

Blitzing is an automatic sack. I sacked Thomas 7 times. Linebackers come through the line with ease running 3.8 speed. I was like DAMN. RB don't pick up the blitz and I seen multiple occassion where 2 offensive linemen just stand there clueless letting people run right past them

QB AI

They only move when they sense pressure. Thomas only scrambled once, but for some reason that idiot stopped running when he had WIDE OPEN FIELD in front of him. He just stood and got hit from behind.

CPU Running game

Oregon couldn't run for crap against me. I stuffed all their running attempts for 5 and 6 yard losts. Shotgun running is horrible. Read option is horrible. Screen plays is horrible, half the time the QB threw the ball 3 yards behind the RB into the ground.

Slants and verticals

I completed all of them. Maybe Oregon secondary is just bad.

Tackling

Didn't seem hard to me at all. Sound effects on tackling is too weak.

Ball release

Seems too fast coming out of QBs hands no matter if they are stationary or moving and throwing. Same thing with trajectory. Way too easy to complete passes down the field running around with the QB.

Game tracks

Nice

Intro

Texas intro is weak and boring. That is something you definitely will be skipping.

Everything for the human seems good. The CPU on All American however have issues with running logic, blocking logic and play calling.

I seen them call some dumb plays when they were down big. And even more dumb plays when something obviously wasn't working for them.

No huddle exploit ! Instant cheese !

This year if you call the no huddle, you can get offsides called majority of the time because the defensive line takes too long getting off the ground and back on to their side of the ball.

Seen offsides called 6 times just from running the no huddle.