Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: NCAA Conference Musical Chairs

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Problem is they probably won't be able to play til 2016 right? There isn't any way to get them in for next season at this point right?
    No, there would be no way to add new teams for next season, at least not without the teams/Big 12 shelling MAJOR money (tens upon tens of millions) in conference exit fees. So yeah, probably 2016 would be the earliest the Big 12 could get anyone added, expand to 12 and have a CCG. However, they will need to get the ball rolling soon if they want to be able to add teams in 2016 without shelling out for exit fees.

Seeing rumors/reports that Idaho will be announcing a return to FCS tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Seeing rumors/reports that Idaho will be announcing a return to FCS tomorrow.
    NO!!!!!! Everybody's favourite NCAA FBALL 14 team is leaving? But I love the Kibbie Dome!

Some speculation UMass may go the same route.

If I heard correctly, Idaho will announce their decision today. (I loved using Idaho & the Kibbie Dome in NCAA as well, jaymo. Sad day here as well.)

RIP Kibbie Dome

You guys realize that before we can have the Kibbie Done taken away from us we'd have to have an NCAA Football game to have it removed from, right?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    You guys realize that before we can have the Kibbie Done taken away from us we'd have to have an NCAA Football game to have it removed from, right?

The dude abides.

The Big 12 Conference announced Tuesday that it has authorized commissioner Bob Bowlsby to begin exploring expansion candidates.

The Big 12 board of directors met in Irving and deliberated on the merits of expansion, hearing presentations from two paid consultants on the issue.

Bowlsby is expected to begin contacting schools to gauge their interest in the Big 12 in the coming days.

"It's a forward step, a positive step," said Oklahoma president and board chair David Boren, who has been the most outspoken proponent for Big 12 expansion. "Not yet a decision ... but it shows momentum on the board to consider [expansion] as a possibility."

Boren said expansion by both two and four schools will be on the table moving forward.

Bowlsby told ESPN that it's "conceivable" the conference would be ready to vote on specific expansion candidates before the board's regularly scheduled meeting in October.

Via ESPN

Give us BYU, UCF, Memphis, Cincinnati and Houston. Rid ourselves of Baylor. This is the punishment they deserve. Puts us at 14, gets us more coverage in every direction. Now pay me half of whatever those consultants were to get.

Ffs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Give us BYU, UCF, Memphis, Cincinnati and Houston. Rid ourselves of Baylor. This is the punishment they deserve. Puts us at 14, gets us more coverage in every direction. Now pay me half of whatever those consultants were to get.
    Definitely BYU and maybe Cincy but the others... Really?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Definitely BYU and maybe Cincy but the others... Really?
    The announcement of the ACC Network plays a big part in this. I do not see teams wanting to leave the ACC right now. It is less of wanting these specific teams and more about needing 14 teams and this is the best of the bunch with the positive of spreading out in the right places. Houston was in the SWC and they had more competitive teams than Baylor back then and did so without the murders and rapes (this is my swap team, only mentioned because I would get rid of Baylor which will not happen). UCF was horrible last year but they are the biggest college in terms of enrollment in Florida, plus the whole having a school in Florida recruiting grounds. Memphis is the same thing. Right there in SEC country. Not to mention these teams are positives for the Basketball conference.

The days of close knit conferences are gone and the power conference is here to stay. The SEC wanted to be in Texas, hence the offer to the Aggies. Same with Missouri, as it puts them near Big 10 country. Dare I even mention Rutgers in the Big Ten. Not exactly a powerhouse but they wanted to move East and also keep Pedo St happy.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-20-2016 at 02:09 AM.

USC & UCLA to the Big Ten....could be announced as soon as today.