Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Conference Musical Chairs

• Facebook
  • Display
    Listening to an interview on local ESPN radio with a dude who is with AOL Fanhouse, he said that the Pac 10 would take Baylor over Colorado right now. Plus there is more of a rumbling that Conference USA would snatch up the four remaining Big XII, which would give them BCS Conference status. Man this is fun to follow.

Recruit
    I sure hope they take Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
    I sure hope they take Baylor.
    I think Texas would be forcing the Pac 10's hand in taking Baylor over Colorado.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think Texas would be forcing the Pac 10's hand in taking Baylor over Colorado.
    That's the talk... Does the Pac 10 need Texas more or does Texas need the Pac 10 more. If it's the first one, then Texas can probably force their hand.

Rivals reporting Nebraska will annouce move to Big 10 Friday & that missouri is being given the cold shoulder by the Big 10 because they have slipped down their priority list. Hilarious! I would die laughing if M I Z Z O U gets left out in the cold!

If Nebraska is leaving, Texas is all but out the door. With a conference that is already so disproportionally strong, Nebraska leaving would be an open invitation for Texas to abandon ship.

The Pac 10 is the most attractive opportunity (because of the package deal potential), but I wouldn't quite count the SEC out yet either. I don't think they'll rollover and let the Pac 10 steal the whole state. I'm sure they'll have something up their sleeve.

THIS will be INTERESTING

If the Big 10 only invites Nebraska to go to 12 (I'd like to keep it to 12) then there is a chance Texas stays with the Big 12. The Big 12 TV deal sucks in comparison to most conferences now but I thought Texas wanted to start their own TV channel. Texas is football crazy and it would make the richest athletic department in the US even richer. I don't know if the PAC 10 would allow something like that. Losing Nebraska would hurt but I don't see a huge benefit in joining the PAC 10. If Nebraska goes, Oklahoma should be shifted to the North division to balance it out and they should invite a team like TCU to fill the 12th spot.

I read that an invite has already been sent to Colorado over Baylor to the Pac-10 and the invites to the other schools are to follow. Should Nebraska go... I don't know. This whole thing is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by UGA14 View Post
    I read that an invite has already been sent to Colorado over Baylor to the Pac-10 and the invites to the other schools are to follow. Should Nebraska go... I don't know. This whole thing is weird.
    Right here:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5270048

Despite I'm not a huge fan of conference expansion, Nebraska to the Big Twelevten is a good move.

Sounds like Colorado moving to Pac-10 is a done deal and will be announced later today. Where does this leave Baylor?

Also some talk that A&M and the SEC want each other. Does this break up the Texas brotherhood (UT, A&M, Baylor, Tech)?

It's going to be an interesting 48 hours.

Recruit
    I am just sick, I mean sick. College Football landscape is changing and Baylor is going to be left out of a Super Conference.

Rumors are, Baylor and Tech were invited to the meeting between UT and A&M, but I also saw something saying they were not.

If/when the Big 12 dies, what conference takes their place (if any) as a guaranteed BCS conference? My guess is the Mountain West. KU, KSU, ISU, Baylor had better get on the phone to the MWC commish pronto if they haven't already. Or they could try the Big East (mentioned for KU as a possibility) or maybe help build up CUSA. Those are the only options IMO.

Recruit
    I agree, that's it. Rumors are, MWC doesn't even want Baylor. They would rather take Kansas, Kansas St and Missouri.

Really? Wow. Maybe CUSA for Baylor then. I'm surprised they wouldn't want more in-roads to Texas. That seems to be what is driving the A&M/SEC talk.

What gets me is that people have this perception that Baylor is some pathetic DI program. In all reality, they are really good in almost all sports or have had recent success in all sports - except football and since they've struggled there, they get a bad rap.

Recruit
    You are exactly right, Baylor is a good athletic school and all their programs are pretty good, except the big money maker, football. They have some great facilities as well. They recently just got one of the nicer practice facilities for football, which also includes an indoor practice facility. Basketball just got a new practice facility as well. Their athletic program is one of the better ones in the Big 12… but they get their bad rap off of being a horrible football program.

I guess one positive outlook, Baylor will have some of the best facilities of any non-BCS school.

Well Colorado is indeed gone to the Pac-10.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Really? Wow. Maybe CUSA for Baylor then. I'm surprised they wouldn't want more in-roads to Texas. That seems to be what is driving the A&M/SEC talk.

What gets me is that people have this perception that Baylor is some pathetic DI program. In all reality, they are really good in almost all sports or have had recent success in all sports - except football and since they've struggled there, they get a bad rap.
    Kansas, a school with a bb tradition second to none, is getting kicked to the curb without so much as a second thought.

Nothing matters except football. That's just the way it is.

* Nothing matters except money. And the fact is football programs bring in WAY more than any other college sport ever will.