Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Video Highlights New Dives and Bull Rush Animations

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    It's not 2 wrongs in my opinion. It's an intermediate way of addressing the issue. Again, the guys who have played 100 hrs or so of time each on the game thought the DL was overpowered, and never once saw the animation.
    Not seeing it and it not happening are two different things. When I'm passing I'm looking downfield. If I get sacked I get sacked. If I don't I throw the ball. Unless I go to the replay or see it on an auto-replay I'm unlikely to see it even if it was happening. These guys didn't even know the animation existed and didn't try to keep an eye out for it.

That said, the fact they didn't see it is a good thing but it is still a concern for me. There were too many tackles for loss last year and it is one reason the spread offence struggled more than a traditional offence. The fact they highlight another area likely to result in more tackles for loss is a scary thing.

When the community guys go soon I'd like them to watch the tackle for loss statistic and I really want to see them play with Oregon and against Oregon (cpu) to see how the spread works. I'd love to see Jeff take OSU into the Big House against Michigan and report back as to how often Denard scrambles out of a pro-set as well. One of the biggest concerns for people last year was how the mobile QB is in NCAA 12. They rarely scrambled last year and weren't effective running the spread-option. This HAS to be improved for NCAA 12.

The time difference between running over raggady ann and pushing a blocker into the quarterback is different, no explaination should need to be given here. I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that it happens, you found two examples in two games against a bad offensive line against two good defenses. If it only happens when there is a big mismatach (and even then not often) I am fine with that. However, if it only happens 50 times over an entire NCAA season when counting all teams maybe we should look at implementing the bull rush animation that happens more often as I described earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by brza37 View Post
    Do you think there is still enough time to get an animation like this into the game?
    Not this late, no. If they don't already have it (I haven't asked, so I have no idea), there's no time to put in something like that. Animations aren't simple additions -- they require a lot of code checks and testing to ensure they work and trigger correctly.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Sort of a "play now" question I suppose but what is the button press needed to trigger a Bull Rush attempt if you are using a DL?
    Most likely, I would imagine it will be Right Stick Down. That's the "Power Rush" move in the current game, and it's similar to a Bull Rush, so I'd imagine that will be the trigger. Now, whether this animation triggers or something else does, I can't say for sure. It may be that this one only triggers under select circumstances. No idea yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    If this animation happens (like in the video of the offensive lineman trying to pull the defender down as well but failing) and it's not called holding, I would be very pissed off.
    I want to say I did see a "oh ----, I better grab him" kind of animation, but I can't remember if I did or I'm just imagining it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It's just funny to see people completely go ape shit over this.
    FWIW, I'm one of those
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    This made me

Well played.
    :: tip of the hat :: Thank you, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
    people got the wrong notion about this happening a lot because it was shown a couple times in video showcasing the animations.
    Bingo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    If I get sacked I get sacked. Unless I go to the replay or see it on an auto-replay I'm unlikely to see it even if it was happening. These guys didn't even know the animation existed and didn't try to keep an eye out for it.
    Yeah, but I did keep an eye out for everything. Outside of one User/User game that was played under "No watching replays!!!" rules (), I was checking replays any time I saw something that didn't make sense. And I was playing exclusively with defensive linemen and don't recall triggering this once. Trust me, if anyone saw this animation at the event, people would have been talking about it. The nature of the Community events has us often calling each other's attention to something we see. If this move had been seen, someone would have called attention to it. Steeler and I are playing with lineman 95%+ of the time, so if anybody would have noticed it, it would have been me or him.

When the community guys go soon I'd like them to watch the tackle for loss statistic and I really want to see them play with Oregon and against Oregon (cpu) to see how the spread works.
    There is one guy that played a lot with Oregon -- unfortunately he doesn't come around here to give his impressions.

I'd love to see Jeff take OSU into the Big House against Michigan and report back as to how often Denard scrambles out of a pro-set as well.
    I probably won't report on exactly that, but I am planning to run a lot of CPU vs CPU simulations on default AA and see about things like the pass rush, QB runs, spread running, etc.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    The time difference between running over raggady ann and pushing a blocker into the quarterback is different, no explaination should need to be given here. I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that it happens, you found two examples in two games against a bad offensive line against two good defenses. If it only happens when there is a big mismatach (and even then not often) I am fine with that. However, if it only happens 50 times over an entire NCAA season when counting all teams maybe we should look at implementing the bull rush animation that happens more often as I described earlier.

Sometimes Oneback, I wish you were slower with your replys so I wouldnt have to make post that say quote what you say and say nothing but "This" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keontez View Post
    Sometimes Oneback, I wish you were slower with your replys so I wouldnt have to make post that say quote what you say and say nothing but "This" lol
    I'll give you the next one.

Thanks Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    In the OSU WSU video. The WSU defensive line (not strong by any means last season) pushes the blocker back into the qb 4 or 5 times, and it is no slower. If you're talking about a collapsing pocket, then you're right, there's a slight time difference. But that's not what we're debating. We're debating the animation vs what we more often see in a power bull rush, which is a blocker that gets out-leveraged and driven into the lap of the qb. There is no difference in time. Neither of these will happen much against a good offensive line because you'll either have to get a free rusher or coverage has to be so good that the d-line can collapse the pocket. Maybe that's an issue, but the animation itself is no different imo in the time it would take to "bull rush" the o-lineman with leverage and drive him to the qb.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.
    My problem with this is that there's a big difference between a free rusher, and a guy who's still engaged. Yes, he may be dominating your guy and applying pressure, but if your blocker is still engaged, there are a lot of things you can do to try to buy yourself some extra time. You can side step and use his momentum against him, you can step up in the pocket (depending what angle he's coming at), or you can take a deeper drop and try to find someone to dump it to. As long as there's a body on him, you still have a chance to make a play with the QB. The problem with a free rusher is that scrambling out of the pocket is your only real option, and if you don't have a scrambling QB, you're dead. I know people are going to say, "Well then, you should have a check down receiver." Yes, obviously that's the first thing I'm going to try to do, but you might need to give him a chance to get off a jam or get out of his break. This is when you need to buy yourself that extra 1/2 second or so by making the right move in the pocket. Again, this isn't really possible when you have a free rusher coming right at you. This dynamic happens in real life and I feel it should happen in the game.

I'm very eager to hear the reports back from the community day coming up. I hope that proper bull rushes have been put into the game but just weren't showcased by EA in the trailer. If, however, my fears that Successful Bull Rush = Flattened Blocker are present, I hope they have the time to tune the frequency properly so that these things happen very rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokes404 View Post
    My problem with this is that there's a big difference between a free rusher, and a guy who's still engaged. Yes, he may be dominating your guy and applying pressure, but if your blocker is still engaged, there are a lot of things you can do to try to buy yourself some extra time. You can side step and use his momentum against him, you can step up in the pocket (depending what angle he's coming at), or you can take a deeper drop and try to find someone to dump it to. As long as there's a body on him, you still have a chance to make a play with the QB. The problem with a free rusher is that scrambling out of the pocket is your only real option, and if you don't have a scrambling QB, you're dead. I know people are going to say, "Well then, you should have a check down receiver." Yes, obviously that's the first thing I'm going to try to do, but you might need to give him a chance to get off a jam or get out of his break. This is when you need to buy yourself that extra 1/2 second or so by making the right move in the pocket. Again, this isn't really possible when you have a free rusher coming right at you. This dynamic happens in real life and I feel it should happen in the game.

I'm very eager to hear the reports back from the community day coming up. I hope that proper bull rushes have been put into the game but just weren't showcased by EA in the trailer. If, however, my fears that Successful Bull Rush = Flattened Blocker are present, I hope they have the time to tune the frequency properly so that these things happen very rarely.
    I can agree wholeheartedly with that.

line play in this game is still very incomplete