Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Pre-order Bonuses

• Facebook
  • Display
    I hope they will be available for purchase as many times the pre-order bonuses for games never show up for the general populace to buy. (Granted, I would like them to be free or attached to the demo like last year, but if not the option should exist for all to attain.)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Wow. Really?
    yes, really,..thats not such a stretch with free dvds and free baseball caps type offers.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    yes, really,..thats not such a stretch with free dvds and free baseball caps type offers.
    Reserve your copy of NCAA Football 12 and receive Nike Pro Combat uniforms for TCU, Ohio State, Boise State, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech as exclusive GameStop premium uniforms.
    I don't see "jersey" anywhere in that statement. Instead, I see "uniforms". Did you think they were giving pants, helmets, socks, shoes, and gloves away too?

Also, I figured the use of the word "and", between "Pittsburgh" and "Virginia Tech", instead of "or" suggests you get them ALL. That's a lot of free gear for reserving a $60 game so - yeah - I thought it was a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I don't see "jersey" anywhere in that statement. Instead, I see "uniforms". Did you think they were giving pants, helmets, socks, shoes, and gloves away too?

Also, I figured the use of the word "and", between "Pittsburgh" and "Virginia Tech", instead of "or" suggests you get them ALL. That's a lot of free gear for reserving a $60 game so - yeah - I thought it was a stretch.

honestly, I thought it ment choice of one of the 4 till I read further. Just the jersey- I dont need the pants ...how about a mini helmet though ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    honestly, I thought it ment choice of one of the 4 till I read further. Just the jersey- I dont need the pants ...how about a mini helmet though ?
    Hey, the pants can be nice to have! I got hooked up with a full Navy uniform (jersey and pants) from one of my bosses at work last November, to go along with my full size, actual Navy game helmet that I got two or so years ago. It is badass to look at. And if I did my research correctly, I want to believe the full uniform I have right now is from the 2008 Army-Navy game.

Here's a pic of the uni I got:

Plus when you think about it, how often do you find actual game pants for sale somewhere? If you know the right people, know where to look, or if the university holds auctions (Navy will auction off game worn jerseys every now and then for charity and other stuff), you can easily track down a jersey. Pants are a bit harder to obtain, so it makes getting them that much sweeter.

And while I'm thinking of, that jersey may be getting a brother soon. The same guy that my boss got the above jersey and pants from, emailed him a couple weeks ago with a picture of another Navy jersey that he currently has, this one from this past season's Army-Navy game, with the unit patches they wore on the jerseys still sewn onto it. I don't think there were any pants with this new jersey, but the unit patches alone being on it, I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 04-20-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Hey, the pants can be nice to have! I got hooked up with a full Navy uniform (jersey and pants) from one of my bosses at work last November, to go along with my full size, actual Navy game helmet that I got two or so years ago. It is badass to look at.

Here's a pic of the uni I got:

that is pretty interesting.

Those Navy uniforms are cool. I wanted to use navy in the video game just to use those uniforms because they are quite unique . But avoided it because of the weaker player ratings and never could utilize that playbook...it will be a minor hobby of mine to play a game online with every single team at least once next year. See all the stadiums, the various uniforms and simply,... just because.

Well, i'll pre-order the game, (even though i'll have it early), then take it right back lol.

Nope awaits pre-order special from Amazon for $10-$25 off and some other DLC perk.

That bonus sucks. Don't care about it. I just want the game, not uniforms that should be in the game.

Here is Amazon's pre-order bonus:

Pre-order NCAA Football 12 and get the NCAA Football 12 Starter Guide, which is your handbook for the most essential offensive and defensive plays. Discover how and when to use a run play or explore the short, intermediate, and deep passing routes on offense. Understand how different types of plays work, be able to read coverages, and take advantage of everything that NCAA Football 12 has to offer. The guide will be emailed to you on the day your product ships. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

Guess I'll be getting it from GameStop.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Guess I'll be getting it from GameStop.
    Same. Only way I'd go with Amazon with that craptastic preorder offer is if/when it ends up with a $20 or $25 credit.

Amazon usually throws in anywhere from $10-$25 credit closer to release. I'll just wait for one of those deals and jump on it. To me the extra $10-$25 is worth more than some alternate unis. Moreover, I would suspect if I really wanted the extra uniforms I will be able to purchase them as DLC. If all of the extra uniforms are more than $5 I would LMAO and say forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    [*]Enhanced Tackling Engine - Your college gameday experience rises to a whole new level with an all-new momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact.[/LIST][/I]

What I really hope this means is my A+ strength and tackling DT does not get thrown off by a pocket QB even though he came straight on. I would really like to Nich Fairley some QB's though.

Also does the different coach size mean custom coaches? Coaches have been pretty generic this generation havent they?
    Last edited by oweb26; 04-20-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Granted uniforms shouldn't be DLC, they're definitely nothing to get all worked up about...they are....uniforms.

Since I am of the opinion that the entire Pro Combat marketing campaign is silly this doesn't effect me in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
    Since I am of the opinion that the entire Pro Combat marketing campaign is silly this doesn't effect me in the least.
    I share your exact level of excitement.

Uniwatch's Paul Lukas perfectly articulated my thoughts on this subject prior to last season:

the whole Pro Combat program is so silly, trying to critique it via conventional standards seems pointless. Making a big fuss over it would just further legitimize it. I prefer to think that Nike’s approach here (i.e., corporate lifestyle branding masquerading as team branding, and merchandising masquerading as school spirit) pretty much speaks for itself

What would you guys consider to be a good pre-order bonus?

Ability to have a bigger roster, not sure how that woudl work but it would be awesome non the less.