Thread: EA SPORTS Gamernet Challenge Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

EA SPORTS Gamernet Challenge Thread

Figured I'd put together a thread here where members of The Gaming Tailgate can advertise their uploaded EA SPORTS Gamernet Challenges so that we can try and be the first to replicate the amazing feats of our fellow golfers.

For those who are unsure how to create EA SPORTS Gamernet Challenges, the first step is to play a shot or a hole in a particularly spectacular fashion. Once that shot or hole is completed, press "R2" on PlayStation 3--I'm not sure of the button for Xbox 360, it might be "RT"--to bring up a prompt to save either your last stroke or your last entire hole. Choose the appropriate option and then finish out your round as normal.

When you get back to the main menu, go to "Online" and then "EA SPORTS Gamernet". From there, you can look at your "Local Highlights"; selecting the highlight you just saved will give you a number of options regarding creating a highlight to upload to the EA SPORTS Media site or creating an "Online Challenge". When you create an "Online Challenge" you will be able to specify certain "winning conditions" based on how you played for that highlight. You can also edit the title of the challenge and description of the challenge before posting it for all to see and try.

Once you've posted an "Online Challenge" through "EA SPORTS Gamernet", come back to this thread and post the information in the following format; I will list out the information for my first created challenge as the example:

Console: PlayStation 3
    Challenge Category: Free Play
    Online ID: Paakaa10
    Challenge Title: Long Birdie Putt Masters
    Description: To complete this challenge, you need to sink a 53-foot birdie putt on Hole #10 at Augusta National Golf Course (The Masters). The shot is on "Pro" Difficulty with "Very Fast" Green Speed and "Very Hard" Green Hardness. Pin Location is for Round 3.
    Link to Video Clip Highlight: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/72452604

Now feel free to create and share your own EA SPORTS Gamernet Challenges and take on the shared challenges here!

That is ONE NICE PUTT!

Couple more challenges to share with you all after another long night of playing the game...

Challenge Title: TPC San Antonio Eagle
    Description: To pass this challenge you must chip in a 44-yard shot from the fairway into the cup on Hole #17 at TPC San Antonio. The difficulty is "Pro," the Green Speed is "Average," and the Green Hardness is "Hard." The ball must land in the proper bounce zone before going into the hole to count.
    Link to Video Clip Highlight: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/72566007

Challenge Title: TPC SG Hole in 1
    Description: To pass this challenge you must score a Hole in One on Hole #3 at TPC Sawgrass. The difficulty is "Pro," the Green Speed is "Fast," and the Green Hardness is "Hard." The only requirement is to sink the shot.
    Link to Video Clip Highlight: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/72567048

Challenge Category: Single Shot
    Online ID: cdj
    Challenge Title: Hole in One
    Description: To complete this challenge, you need to make a hole in one on Hole #17 Atlanta Athletic Club. The shot is on "Pro" Difficulty with "Average" Green Speed and "Hard" Green Hardness. Pin Location is for Round 1.
    Link to Video Clip Highlight: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/72982672

Nice shot Chris! Gotta love those hole-in-ones using a driver/wood (can't tell exactly which from the video).

So I set one of these up last night. I was actually able to do it right after the shot and set the title and stipulations, etc. But I don't see the video on my EA page. Do I have to actually upload the video separately to show it off? Also can you see the Gamernet Challenges not being on a PS3? I don't remember all the details but posted what I remember below as I'm not near my PS3.

Online ID: psuexv
    Challenge Title: Greenbriar 14
    Last edited by psuexv; 04-06-2011 at 11:12 AM.

You also have to upload the highlight if you want the video on the web. I think it's Post Highlight or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    You also have to upload the highlight if you want the video on the web. I think it's Post Highlight or something like that.
    Paakaa covered the instructions on how to upload a highlight in the first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Paakaa covered the instructions on how to upload a highlight in the first post in this thread.
    If you upload straight to Gamernet mid-round, does it automatically save a copy to your HD?

Online ID: JBHuskers
    Challenge Title: Swish
    Description: Swished this 2nd shot on Hole 4 of Augusta Par 3
    Link to Video Clip Highlight: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/73123704

Online ID: cdj
    Challenge Title: End Amen Corner In Style
    Description: Hole out for Eagle at the end of Amen Corner (Hole 13). This was on Tour Pro, and I strayed away from my caddie's suggestion and went for the pin. This was on Play The Pros, and it got me within one of Rory McIlroy at the time.
    Link to Video Clip Highlight: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/73417722

(SHIT .... the pin moved in the GamerNet Clip )