Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 (Defense)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Although it seems an outside run is more likely to bust wide open on press plays because your cbs get blocked better, being closer to the wr.

Today's play is up if someone wants to post it here... I can only get to it on my phone while at work. It's a new 3-3-5 formation & play that looks pretty nice. Never really used the 3-3-5 before so I'll defer to gschwendt on this one.

3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3- The 3-3-5 Okie formation is new to NCAA Football 12. This formation allows teams that base out of the 3-3-5 defense to get into a more rational “3-4 Normal” look. A widely used scheme from this look is the NCAA Blitz 3 which is a three deep, three under fire zone scheme.

I love that they're adding new formations to the 3-3-5! This formation looks like it would be great against 3WR sets as one SS is already deep and the other is up on the line. Would love to be able to browse the rest of the formation to see what else it has. Personally though I would rarely (if ever) run this play as I hate 3-under zone defenses.

Interesting, I'm with you G as I never really run a 3 under defense. Just doesn't work for me I guess.

I like that there is a "new" formation in the 3-3-5 as well. Very cool.

so far both offensively and defensively the plays they are rolling out are showing a lot of versatility. I am happy to see a concept like this that gives one formation a little more flavor in the way it lines up and attacks the offense. This is not an every down play, but gives a little bit of a different look to the offense. I would imagine there will be at least another play from the 'okie' look, probably a man concept, so that it can't be completely diagnosed from just the way the D lines up.

Never really ran the 3-3-5 but that formation looks solid and depending on the plays in it could have me itching to try something different.

wonder if i show blitz how will the blitz angles will be, but i like the diversity in plays.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Personally though I would rarely (if ever) run this play as I hate 3-under zone defenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Interesting, I'm with you G as I never really run a 3 under defense. Just doesn't work for me I guess.
    As you two probably both know from playing me so many times, I love under defenses. So I'd certainly be willing to add it to the repertoire. At the very least, having a Cover 3 shell gives me some versatility over the Cover 2 looks.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

The 3-3-5 Okie formation is new to NCAA Football 12.
    hopefully this new formation gets a ton of other plays with it, that arent gonna be shown in the release of the 25 new plays.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    that arent gonna be shown in the release of the 25 new plays.
    JDewiel said on PastaPadre that there are more than 25 plays, they're just advertising these specific 25.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 03-22-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    JDewiel said on PastaPadre that there are more than 25 plays, they're just only advertising these 25.
    well thats some good news!

Quarters Normal Dbl Loop 3 - With the ever increasing popularity of spread style offenses in NCAA Football, we made the decision to add the Quarters Normal formation to the game. The Quarters normal formation features three down linemen, one linebacker, and seven defensive backs. DBL Loop 3 is an overload fire zone concept that’s used to bring pressure to the weak side of the offense.

wooo a Quarters normal. Hopefully, it can at least slow down the spread passing attacks some.

this must mean there's another quarters defensive alignment if they gave it the "normal" designation. right?

this must mean there's another quarters defensive alignment if they gave it the "normal" designation. right?
    I'm sure they kept the 3-deep Quarters that is in NCAA11.

I like this. Not a bad thing, be interesting to see how this play looks in action. With so much pressure on the interior I hope guys can bat a few balls down.

I'm sure they kept the 3-deep Quarters that is in NCAA11.
    ya, i'm sure of it too. why would they take it out? i meant like if they added the dollar formation thats been in madden the past couple of years or something like that

Yeah, NCAA has had 3-deep for a while, while Madden's had both Quarters Normal and Quarters 3-Deep depending on your playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

Quarters Normal Dbl Loop 3 - With the ever increasing popularity of spread style offenses in NCAA Football, we made the decision to add the Quarters Normal formation to the game. The Quarters normal formation features three down linemen, one linebacker, and seven defensive backs. DBL Loop 3 is an overload fire zone concept that’s used to bring pressure to the weak side of the offense.

I like this! Well done EA! Now let's just hope that ZONE D is fixed for 12 or all of this is for not...