Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 (Offense)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I would guess that the LT blocks the RE, C blocks the RDT, RT blocks the LDT and TE blocks the LE.
    Perhaps but that still leaves 2 GAPING holes that a user controlled MLB could run right through and tackle the RB in the backfield. Perhaps run blocking has improved but if it stays the same this play would not be effective against a HUM opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Perhaps but that still leaves 2 GAPING holes that a user controlled MLB could run right through and tackle the RB in the backfield. Perhaps run blocking has improved but if it stays the same this play would not be effective against a HUM opponent.
    If the MLB is already in the gap, yeah, you better audible out. If he's at his usual depth, I'd guess he could only go through clean over the LG at which point he'd be trailing the play already. If he shot through over the RG, he'd probably get hung up with the pulling LG. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Just realized what the game is missing in the SG game that makes it impossible to run correctly: Seal Blocks and one on one Chipping (Chips exist on dbl teams)!
    You forgot cut blocks too. Teams with slower offensive linemen would probably use cuts on this play for the backside pressure, if they couldn't get there with a chip or seal.

Seal blocks do exist, they're just rare (or seem to be). I've found one HB Toss play that had a wonderful seal on the corner, but I've only found it in one playbook.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    You forgot cut blocks too. Teams with slower offensive linemen would probably use cuts on this play for the backside pressure, if they couldn't get there with a chip or seal.

Seal blocks do exist, they're just rare (or seem to be). I've found one HB Toss play that had a wonderful seal on the corner, but I've only found it in one playbook.
    Oh excellent points! Cut blocks exist too but not at the line. More randomly out in space.

I-Form Twins UK Fade Smash – I-Form Twins UK Fade Smash is a unique way that Kentucky likes to run the smash concept. In the traditional smash concept the slot receiver runs a corner route. The Wildcats like to use a fade route which gets the slot receiver near the same deep area of the field as if he were running a corner route.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

I-Form Twins UK Fade Smash – I-Form Twins UK Fade Smash is a unique way that Kentucky likes to run the smash concept. In the traditional smash concept the slot receiver runs a corner route. The Wildcats like to use a fade route which gets the slot receiver near the same deep area of the field as if he were running a corner route.
    I would rather the x reciever run stick nod on that route than hitch

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

Very nice! I'd look to hit B or A.

Interesting play. I don't recall many Fade routes in the game this year.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Interesting play. I don't recall many Fade routes in the game this year.
    I don't recall any, but I really didn't delve into all the playbooks this year like years past (partly because of no playbook tool to help sort through the madness).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I don't recall any, but I really didn't delve into all the playbooks this year like years past (partly because of no playbook tool to help sort through the madness).
    Yeah me either. If the fade can be thrown correctly (adding a touch lob to the qb repertoire), this will be a nice play, otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose. I'm sure you'll agree on that one

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Yeah me either. If the fade can be thrown correctly (adding a touch lob to the qb repertoire), this will be a nice play, otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose. I'm sure you'll agree on that one
    Yeah you guys may be right there may not be ANY fade routes in 11. Of course, I don't think I would use look for one as I find the streak/fade to be nearly impossible to hit. The only times I ever hit a receiver on the streak is when the defense blitzes way too many and the streak receiver just happens to be the guy wide open or if my guy beats the BNR coverage with no safety help up top.

Yeah you guys may be right there may not be ANY fade routes in 11. Of course, I don't think I would use look for one as I find the streak/fade to be nearly impossible to hit. The only times I ever hit a receiver on the streak is when the defense blitzes way too many and the streak receiver just happens to be the guy wide open or if my guy beats the BNR coverage with no safety help up top.
    This is why a change in the way the pass is thrown (from an animation standpoint) would be good. Big wr's don't make enough of an impact in this part of the game. Or at least the way they should make an impact. They do, but it's more cheap catches in all parts of the field because of the game than because of their size in the fade/streak game.

There are some designed fades in NCAA 11, but it's hard to differentiate between them and Go's in the play art. More problematic is that they're thrown (and attempted to be caught) just like a streak, so it doesn't make much realistic difference.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    There are some designed fades in NCAA 11, but it's hard to differentiate between them and Go's in the play art. More problematic is that they're thrown (and attempted to be caught) just like a streak, so it doesn't make much realistic difference.
    South Carolina has a goal line fade play out of Ace Slot Formation:

nm
    Last edited by HWill; 04-10-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Ace Big Twins Weak Flood – A three tiered flood concept, Ace Big Twins Weak Flood can be used to attack a variety of defensive coverages. The post route is the first read in the progression and if open the ball should be thrown there. The deep out route by the slot receiver combined with the shallow cross route of the tight end creates a hi/lo vertical stretch on the defense.
    Last edited by cdj; 04-11-2011 at 12:21 PM.

That's a nice looking play. If the blocking holds up it could really cause some issues for the defense.

This play definitely has a nice mixture of what I like in routes.

This play looks really good, love the mix as JB mentioned.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Personally, that play actually looks a little TOO cluttered to one side. Obviously, it'll depend on the timing of the routes, but it looks like if the B receiver decides to run the curl route instead of the out route, it'd be a mess in that area of the field with three defenders very close together at about the same time.