Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Season, 2012

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    8 would work, 9 is a no go cause walking dead starts at 10 sharp
    There's this technology ... it's called a DVR ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

nah i cancel cable in january until the next football season so i have barebones HD package right now

and we like to watch this one live to avoid spoilers from friends

Lol 8 will work no problem

To everyone that is not FSU / Snoop ... Lettttttttttttttttttttttttt'sssssssssss gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bowl season is the worst. I'm not very impatient the rest of the year, but with the offseason looming I do get pretty bad.

I'm ready to see this defensive line and the Randy Moss clone....also looking forward to the QB battle between Connor Wood (83 ovr) and that #1 QB (85 ovr) from last year that's redshirting.

I'll start playing my game after I get some CoD in. I'll start around 7:30pm

USC is playing now. trying to get it in before the Steeler game. Stanford really ruined my BCS bowl game chances.

USC takes out its frustrations of missing a BCS game by stomping Baylor 64-6.

24 - 21 FSU defeats PSU

It feels very good to finally win a Powerhouse Title, after having to rebuild auburn last year and almost get to the mountain top it has been a long time coming.

FSU fell into a hole early punting on their first possession and PSU caught a miracle tipped pass for a TD but lost their starting QB for 2 quarters on the play. It would be a game of attrition and both starting QBs missed time and PSUs starting RB also took some big hits throughout the game until he was finally KOd in the 3rd quarter.

The teams would continue to struggle back and forth with PSU missing a 40 yard FG in the 2nd quarter. FSU finally evened the game after a great pass to super star freshman TE Robinson which set up a 22 yard counter TD run for RB Chris Thompson who would go untouched to the wide side.

PSU then drove the length of the field and with 30 seconds left called an option to the right, FSUs DE got his hands on the QB and forced an errant pitch and senior SS Jajuan Harley recovered the ball with 25 seconds left.

FSU decided to try one pass play out of a run formation to try to catch PSU off guard...EJ dropped back and everyone was covered, faded right and then finally took off to the 50 yard line. FSU went deep on he next play to big time WR Willie Haulstead who hauled it in at the 4 yard line and almost scored at the pylon. FSU chipped in the FG to take a 10-7 lead to half.

The third quarter again saw the teams take turns being ineffective as injuries took their toll. FSU would finally break the ice in the 2nd half on a 15 yard TD option keeper by EJ Manuel.

It would take PSU only 2:35 to answer back and close the gap to 3 again on a TD run on 4th and goal.

Knowing the heat was on FSU went to their TE again and he delivered moving FSU into PSU territory. FSU would then pound the rock in the redzone and score what they hoped would be the game clinching TD at 24-14.

Once again PSU scored in under 3 minutes giving the Ball back to FSU 2:44 to play.

Facing a 3rd and 17 with 1 minute to go fsu finally went to the 5 wide which they had meant to do earlier in the game but were concerned with the excellent coverage PSU was playing. The FS walked up to the line and lost leverage as Christian Green raced past him at caught the post in front of Khairi Fortt to seal the victory.

Senior(rs) QB EJ Manuel would not falter in the title game like his predecessor Christian Ponder and made up for his horrible effort earlier in the season vs miami by playing a calm and controlled game. 12/20 283 0 TDs and 1 INT. The blame for his only pick was taken by the offensive coordinator.

Defensive player of the game Senior(RS) Dravannti Johnson 11 tackles, all solo with 2 TFLs. The transfer from texas made his presence felt on the field all season and surely has improved his draft stock.

Penn St player of the game Sophomore(rs) QB Paul Jones 18/24 232 2TDs 0 INTs

Play of the game PSU TE M Wedderburn catching a tipped pass and taking it to the house for the games first TD, i almost threw my controller lol.

Last edited by fsuprime; 11-14-2010 at 09:50 PM.

we are only waiting on escobar (who is playing now) IrondragonU and RCsinger....lets send those texts out oneback

Is PSU in this dynasty becoming OSU in real life. Making the big game and not showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Is PSU in this dynasty becoming OSU in real life. Making the big game and not showing up?
    Hey now.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Hey now.
    See this is a good post. I get 2 burns in during one post.

See this is a good post. I get 2 burns in during one post.
    Yeah, well, when PSU gets to the big game again ... you might have a place to talk.

But hey, at least you've scored 14 points in Columbus now. A new record!

Ouch.

Ahhh touche. However we did throw a TD pass in the game... first one since 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yeah, well, when PSU gets to the big game again ... you might have a place to talk.

But hey, at least you've scored 14 points in Columbus now. A new record!

Actually Jeff, if you are going to talk about Saturday's games shouldn't it be over on the Week 11 boards. I thought you were trying to get some traffic over there.

Actually Jeff, if you are going to talk about Saturday's games shouldn't it be over on the Week 11 boards. I thought you were trying to get some traffic over there.
    I posted there plenty of times Saturday. All my smack talk for PSU was reserved for Snoop over texts.

pretty harsh words from lowly USC...the two fumbles really hurt snoop, one would have led to at least a FG but ended up giving me an extra FG instead.
    They were not even bighit stick hits, just lower rated RBs i think....brandon beachum being knocked out for the year really stung psu

I gotta get my rips in now. I ended my season on a win, that's more than PSU.