Page 71 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2120

Thread: Random College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    They do, but, as I expected, they're higher on the list than 5-7. Surprised that two-FCS-wins are above CCG losers.

Also, Ohio State has a top-5 APR? Holy shit, that's awesome.
    Oh yeah, they are indeed higher than the 5-7 teams. But yeah, they fall middle of the list, trailing behind the one and two-FCS-win teams, so they still get somewhat punished as expected. After this past weekend though, they have no choice but to beat FSU now. With 70 eligible teams already, they're sitting home if they lose and drop to 6-7.

And yeah, I was caught by surprise there. I figured Ohio State had a great APR, but I wasn't expecting top-5.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    trailing behind the one-FCS-win teams
    I'm not even sure why that's mentioned in the list. As far as I know, a single victory over an FCS team is counted just like an FBS win. But maybe that's just because so many teams do it that we're automatically into #1 on the list.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm not even sure why that's mentioned in the list. As far as I know, a single victory over an FCS team is counted just like an FBS win. But maybe that's just because so many teams do it that we're automatically into #1 on the list.
    Probably they just consider it that way. Granted, there are also still a fair number of teams that don't play FCS schools in a given year, so going 6-6, they'd be given priority over those who went 6-6 with a win over a FCS team, thus probably the need to still list it as #1 on the list.

Too bad they'll have to wait 2 or 3 years before they can use that
    I just mean he is promoting the game while promoting himself for Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    I just mean he is promoting the game while promoting himself for Heisman
    Right. Which would be very good promotion for the game ... if they could actually use that. They might be able to word-of-mouth it, but that's about it.

Now if he decided to mention it during his Heisman acceptance speech ... without any improper suggestion from EA Sports that he do so ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Don't feel sorry for Chizik. For the next three years, he'll get $208k a month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Off-season will be fun, lots of open jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Don't feel sorry for Chizik. For the next three years, he'll get $208k a month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    there was a stipulation that he'll get that as long as he actively searches for a job. i think there's also a clause that says his new salary will be deducted out of his buyout.

I bet Saban's disappointed. Chizik was setting him up for life at Alabama. At least one guaranteed SEC win each year, a guaranteed win over your rivals (always great to have on that resume), Saban was all set at Alabama. The only year Chizik could even beat Saban, it took Cam Newton, a 24 point second half comeback and escaping from Bryant-Denny with a one point win.

ACC Championship Game tickets selling for (much) less than a fast food burrito

The ACC had a pretty bad weekend. Florida State was worked over by Florida, Clemson couldn't beat a South Carolina team without its starting quarterback, and Georgia Tech was blasted by Georgia.

Interest in this weekend's ACC Championship Game isn't exactly at an all-time high. Considering you can use a $5 bill to buy a ticket and still get $1 back in change, we're going to say Charlotte isn't abuzz about Florida State vs. Georgia Tech this week.

Tickets on StubHub.com were going for as little as $4 on Monday morning:

There it is, championship football for less than two gallons of gas.

A tour of Bank of America Stadium, when no game is being played, much less one that will determine a trip to a BCS bowl, costs $5 for adults. So, if you were thinking of taking that tour of the empty stadium, you can save yourself a buck and just buy a ticket to see Florida State and Georgia Tech play on Saturday night.

Or with that $4 you could go see about one-third of a movie. Or come close to buying a carnitas burrito at a fast food establishment. Denny's offers $4 all-you-can-eat pancakes, if you'd rather chow down on some flapjacks than watch two teams play for a championship in a major college football conference.

Florida State fans from Jacksonville could face a choice: Buy three tickets to the ACC Championship Game, or buy one ticket to see the Arena Football League's Jacksonville Sharks instead. The cheapest ticket for the Sharks is $12. Heck, the ACC is going to need to sell three tickets just to pay for the referee's whistle, which runs about $9 if you're in the market for one of your own.

As the Atlanta Journal-Constitution pointed out, SEC Championship Game tickets are going for a wee bit more. The cheapest tickets for the Georgia-Alabama game as of Monday morning on StubHub.com were $299, and those were for nosebleed seats in the end zone. Only six tickets total were going for less than $350, and many sellers were asking for $5,000 for lower sideline seats. And beware of the authenticity of those tickets. The SEC warned about counterfeit tickets being sold on the secondary market. We doubt that'll happen with the ACC game.

So, it's probably safe to say that good seats will be available for the ACC title game. We would love to see the scalpers in Charlotte trying to sell their inventory this week. They can sell one ticket to the ACC Championship Game and almost have enough money to buy a venti cappuccino at Starbucks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...17--ncaaf.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    That's hilarious. Fuck you ACC.

Funny as hell!

Looking at Stubhub at this very minute, The ACC Championship Game has 7,153 tickets left with the lowest price now $5 for upper deck tickets. The MAC Championship Game, meanwhile, has only 198 tickets left with the lowest price being $10 for upper deck tickets.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Yet a shitty WVU team against a shitty Kansas team has tickets for $21 still.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    if only USC had taken the ncaa to court......major football sanctions would have never come. *sigh*

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/judge-s...43--ncaaf.html
    enlight of this recent ruling, strong rumors are coming from USC's BOT that they have unanimously agreed to sue the ncaa.....

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Looking at Stubhub at this very minute, The ACC Championship Game has 7,153 tickets left with the lowest price now $5 for upper deck tickets. The MAC Championship Game, meanwhile, has only 198 tickets left with the lowest price being $10 for upper deck tickets.
    So out of curiosity, I decided to look up other ticket prices for comparison to how pathetic the ACC CCG prices are. These are all the cheapest, bare minimum prices you can get a ticket for.

ACC CCG Upper Deck - $4.00
    MAC CCG Upper Deck - $10.00
    Fort Wayne Komets (hockey team) Upper Deck - $12.00
    Toledo Walleye (hockey team) Upper Deck - $15.00-$24.00
    Big Ten CCG Upper Deck - $20.00-$25.00
    C-USA CCG Endzone - $35.00
    Army-Navy Game Upper Deck - $59.00
    Pac-12 CCG Upper Deck - $65.00
    SEC CCG Upper Endzone - $245.00

SBC CCG General Admission - $17

Brazos Valley Bowl Game http://www.brazosvalleybowl.com/ 18 and under free, $5 for all others!

My friend's son(Harris) just picked the Gators for football.