Thread: 247 Sports: Everything We Know About EA SPORTS College Football

• Facebook
  • Display

247 Sports: Everything We Know About EA SPORTS College Football

Utilizing open records requests and sources close to EA SPORTS, 247sports.com's Brandon Marcello has been able to uncover the latest news surrounding EA SPORTS College Football. Some highlights:

In line with previous reports, game development has ramped up in the final calendar year of a three-year development process which is still aiming for a July 2023 release. As of July 2022, developers were entering the final push in gathering art assets for all 130 FBS programs. Currently, on-air talent from ESPN (no names given or hinted) are recording commentary for the title.

Industry leaders expect EA SPORTS to finalize a partnership with an NIL group deal this summer. As mentioned in the article, this could include OneTeam's partnership with OpenDorse.

To no one's surprise, the game is being built on the Madden NFL engine but with tweaks and changes to fit the college game, similar to the formula for the NCAA Football franchise. The focus for year one is game design, atmosphere, and unique traditions for each program while playbooks will be more robust and team-specific.

Finally, in terms of game features, Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory will appear in the title, while other modes (including Ultimate Team) could be added in later updates.

To view Marcello's entire article on 247sports, click here.

Hey all! It’s been MANY years since I posted. Much has changed the last decade. I really appreciate you guys keeping this site alive. I hope to start commenting and posting on here more, especially as the new game approaches. But I appreciate you guys and I’m tuned in to what’s in-store!

Welcome back, beartide!

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Welcome back, beartide!
    It’s a pleasure to be back! A decade later, married, and 32! Really hope this site can revive and the group can get back together to celebrate and share all that is college football. I’ll have to find some time to share some of my favorite memories of the series, too, if you guys are still going to be working on some podcasts. I can’t stress enough how awesome it is that this site exists. I remember it’s utopia days!

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    It’s a pleasure to be back! A decade later, married, and 32! Really hope this site can revive and the group can get back together to celebrate and share all that is college football. I’ll have to find some time to share some of my favorite memories of the series, too, if you guys are still going to be working on some podcasts. I can’t stress enough how awesome it is that this site exists. I remember it’s utopia days!
    I'm really interested in hearing everyone's stories in the last ten years. I'm guessing many are just like yours - and congrats on getting married! It seems each week a few more people return here, in the YouTube comments, etc. It's been really great to see.

Well it’s been a long time since I was here. I think my last post was August 2020. I’m getting excited for College Football. Can’t believe it’s been 10 years. I’m hoping as we get closer to the date the old gang will start to show up again. I know the glory days are over and won’t be back but I loved this place back in the 2010-2014 era and look forward to seeing some old friends.