• E3 2015 Coverage - June 16-18

The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) takes place this week from Los Angeles and will feature reveals, coverage, and interviews surrounding all of the latest and upcoming video game titles.

Among some of the top sports gaming headlines we expect to emerge from E3 2015:
    • The anticipated confirmation (and details) of Joe Montana Football 16. After months of speculation and rumors, E3 should finally shine a light on this much-discussed, but little-known title. Is it a console, mobile, or VR title? Does it even have a publisher?
    • The return of NBA Live. Seemingly hid in the marketing shadows the last two years, it is expected that NBA Live 16 will be shown on-stage in a serious fashion during EA's press conference Monday afternoon with gameplay information disclosed. (Competitor NBA 2K16 is not expected to be at the show.)
    • Feature news on NHL 16 & Madden 16. Both have fall release dates so complete feature sets may not be revealed this week, but fans will still likely be clamoring to learn if NHL offers a more complete feature set at launch and what the improved WR/DB & passing interactions mean for Madden.
    • The return of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. A once-proud franchise looks to return from the ash bed of history. Early screenshots were not impressive, but perhaps gameplay and feature set information can change the attitude surrounding this title.

Other major titles with significant coverage at E3 include: Uncharted 4, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Star Wars Battlefront, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5: Guardians, LEGO Dimensions, Assassin's Creed Sydicate, as well as surprise reveals expected to occur.

The Gaming Tailgate has all the links you need to keep up with E3 2015. Continue on to see a schedule and links to E3 coverage from around the web that will be updated throughout the event.

E3 2015 - Schedule

Sunday, June 14

Bethesda - 6:30 PM PDT (Twitch)

Monday, June 15

Microsoft - 9:30 AM PDT (Twitch, stream from your Xbox console, or watch on cable television)
    Electronic Arts - 1 PM PDT (Twitch)
    Ubisoft - 3 PM PDT (Twitch)
    Sony - 6 PM PDT (Twitch, YouTube, PlayStation stream)

Tuesday, June 16

Nintendo - 9 AM PDT
    Square Enix - 10 AM PDT (Twitch, YouTube)
    PC Gaming Show - 5 PM PDT (Twitch)

Coverage Outlets:

YouTube:

This article was originally published in forum thread: E3 2015 - Schedule & Discussion Thread started by JBHuskers View original post
    Comments 238 Comments
      cdj -
      Supposedly Bethesda accidentally went live on their Twitch stream during rehearsal today and the audio stated that Dishonored II will be announced tomorrow night.
      Rudy -
      That's funny. I need good madden info.
      cdj -
      In a letter to OS, Madden In Game Creative Director Rex Dickson says that "the Madden 16 gameplay deep dive blogs will be posted online after the press conference (on Monday)."
      jaymo76 -
      Dragon Age would seal the deal on me getting EA Access.
      cdj -
      Here are the games confirmed to be at EA's E3 booth:

Spoiler: show
      At the E3 Expo (Booth #1601), EA will give show-goers hands-on with the titles below, as well as a few surprises:

FIFA 16 – FIFA 16 innovates across the entire pitch to deliver a balanced, authentic, and exciting football experience that lets you play your way, and compete at a higher level. And with all new ways to play!

EA SPORTS™ FIFA – Featuring stunning new console quality gameplay that fully harnesses the power of the latest mobile devices - this is truly the next generation FIFA for mobile.

Madden NFL 16 – Be the Playmaker in Madden NFL 16 with new gameplay mechanics that allow you to dominate the passing game.

Madden NFL Mobile –This is Madden NFL like you’ve never seen on mobile and the season never ends! Build your ultimate Madden NFL team, dominate your friends in intense head-to-head shootouts and play Live Events all off-season long.

Minions Paradise™ –Developed in partnership with Illumination Entertainment, when a lovable yet bungling Minion named Phil accidentally sinks the cruise ship carrying his vacationing Minion buddies, he decides to turn a deserted tropical island into the perfect Minions Paradise!

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst – Experience the rise of Faith and join her fight for freedom, with fluid movement and combat in first person that will raise the bar for the action/adventure genre.

NBA LIVE 16 – This year is all about you, with features that empower self-expression on and off the court.

Need for Speed – Discover a nocturnal world of urban car culture built around real world automotive icons and Five Ways to Play in this thrilling reboot.

NHL® 16 – Built with more input from our fans than ever before, NHL 16 steps onto the ice to deliver new features across the most played single player and team modes, including a reimagined EA SPORTS Hockey League. Combined with new gameplay balance and innovation at every position and an unrivaled game day authenticity, NHL 16 puts you into the heart of a team, where you play together and win together.

EA SPORTS Rory Mcllroy PGA TOUR® – With stunning authentic and fantasy experiences, EA SPORTS Rory Mcllroy PGA TOUR truly delivers Golf Without Limits. Play what you want, how you want, where you want.

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ – From epic 40 player multiplayer battles to Missions packed with intensity and depth, Star Wars Battlefront will immerse you in your Star Wars™ battle fantasies.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – The largest story-driven expansion to date, Knights of the Fallen Empire, marks a renewed focus on cinematic storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion will deliver on the hallmarks of what makes a great BioWare™ game: new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story that players will be able to shape based on the choices they make.

Some speculation that one of their 'surprises' (either on-stage or in-booth) might be Visceral's Star Wars game.

I saw a tweet several weeks ago stating there was a rumor EA Access expanding to PS4 would be announced at E3, but I have not seen or heard anything since that would lead me to believe that as happening or even a strong rumor.
      Rudy -
      I would definitely get EA Access for one month to play Madden. Hopefully it comes to ps4.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      In a letter to OS, Madden In Game Creative Director Rex Dickson says that "the Madden 16 gameplay deep dive blogs will be posted online after the press conference (on Monday)."
      No Letter to TGT? [CENSORED] them!
      JeffHCross -
      As a PS3 owner, is there really any reason for me to give a damn about E3?
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Without NCAA Football, is there any reason for anyone to give a damn?
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Not really. There are some games coming out for the previous consoles, but I'm not sure if they are legacy games or how lacking they are in features.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Without NCAA Football, is there any reason for anyone to give a damn?
      Waiting until day two or three to see which outlets would give NCAA (and devs like Ben) some facetime was always part of the E3 'fun.' Hopefully those days are back sooner than later.

The Bethesda event is at 8:30 PM CT tonight and we will be hosting (simulcasting it) on our TGT Twitch channel, located here: http://www.twitch.tv/gamingtailgate
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Not really. There are some games coming out for the previous consoles, but I'm not sure if they are legacy games or how lacking they are in features.

Waiting until day two or three to see which outlets would give NCAA (and devs like Ben) some facetime was always part of the E3 'fun.' Hopefully those days are back sooner than later.

The Bethesda event is at 8:30 PM CT tonight and we will be hosting (simulcasting it) on our TGT Twitch channel, located here: http://www.twitch.tv/gamingtailgate

To chime in on this, E3 really has lost its lusture and in a lot of ways purpose (for sports gaming). Nothing BIG is ever announced and the vast majority of the games features are already known. A number of companies no longer participate and half the games are not playable on the floor and/or fully featured demos and most you cannot record gameplay.
      CLW -
      E3 where CLW is right and IOU is wrong.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Yeah, I normally watch all of the Monday pressers on my laptop, getting all the big stuff for Xbox, Playstation, plus games from Ubisoft and EA. This year, I'm not really finding much to get interested about. There's just not much on the horizon that I really care about.

The only games I really care about right now are Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, Halo 5: Guardians, Rainbow Six: Siege and Star Wars Battlefront.

Depending on what the details and videos released show in the coming months, maybe Assassin's Creed Syndicate and COD: Black Ops III and maybe Just Cause 3.

I may end up skipping EA's presser as really the only game I'd really truly be watching it for would be any videos on Star Wars Battlefront.

I might watch Microsoft's just to see what the future plans on Xbox One are, if they go into any detail on future features or additions to Xbox One, and for any new videos or details on Halo 5: Guardians. Same with Sony's presser, just to see what future additions or features are possibly mentioned.

Ubisoft, I may watch since they'd have details and video on both AC Syndicate and Rainbow Six: Siege, so there's at least two games worth watching it for.

If anything, I'll just watch the Microsoft and Sony pressers and wait for the individual game videos to come out from EA's and Ubisoft's press conferences to get the details on Star Wars Battlefront, Rainbow Six and AC Syndicate.
      CLW -
      CLW -
      Doom FPS
      CLW -
      Doom trailer looked good but it was either CGI or running on some mega PC and I somehow survived without
      CLW -
      The create feature on Doom looks pretty DEEP/GOOD
      cdj -
      Bethesa begins by showing Doom; a level on Mars. The game also features multiplayer and Doom Snapmap, the ability for users to create and share challenges and customized maps. The Doom segment ends with another look at single-player, this time by playing on a map from Hell. Doom arrives Spring 2016 on PS4, XB1, and PC.
      CLW -
      Battlecry looked decent as well
      cdj -
      Bethesda.net is the heart of Bethesda games, news, and online features.

Next up BattleCry studios with .... BattleCry.

Worldwide sign-up now available for beta at battlecrythegame.com. Before 6.18 is priority sign-up and an in-game perk. Game launches 2015.