• GameZone: NCAA Football 14 replaces Big East with American Athletic Conference

GameZone has confirmed that the Big East name and logo will no longer be utilized in NCAA Football 14 and replaced with the American Athletic Conference. While this is not a surprise, the relatively late name announcement had some wondering how it would be handled in-game.

EA's Brad Hilderbrand confirmed to me that the Big East name has been replaced with American, "their preferred shorthand name rather than AAC." Since the conference has yet to finalize their logo, EA is using the NCAA pennant as a placeholder; it will be updated once the official American conference logo is decided.

NCAA Football 14 will also be up-to-date with the latest conference realignments. Get ready because there's quite a few changes. Pitt and Syracuse will be moved to the ACC, while UCF, Houston, SMU, and Memphis are added to the American. Again, the American conference will be changed in next year's version as Rutgers and Louisville are set to leave the conference while it adds East Carolina, Tulane and Tulsa in 2014.

Meanwhile, FAU, FIU, MTSU La Tech, North Texas, and UTSA are now in Conference USA. Replacing those teams in the Sun Belt will be South Alabaman, Georgia State, and Texas State. Utah State and San Jose opted to join the Mountain West. Idaho New Mexico State and Old Dominion are now Independents. Lastly, the WAC has been removed entirely as that conference no longer plays football.

Click here to read the entire article from GameZone.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 40 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Sweet! I was hoping that they would have enough time to get the switch made in-game. And excellent! With all those changes already made in game, I'll have only a handful of further changes to make to get everything accurate to the 2020 season in my coaching career dynasty when I fire up '14.
      CLW -
      Did they fix the "issue" regarding being force to have at least 1 Indy; etc...?

I'm sure most of us will want to continue on with custom conferences but it became a pain to try to make all of the moving parts work due to the limitations of the Indy as well as minimum teams in a conference etc...
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Did they fix the "issue" regarding being force to have at least 1 Indy; etc...?

I'm sure most of us will want to continue on with custom conferences but it became a pain to try to make all of the moving parts work due to the limitations of the Indy as well as minimum teams in a conference etc...
      I would imagine. Which is fine. We get three new schools this year, the WAC is FINALLY dead and gone, that will definitely help matters. As for me, I keep Notre Dame an Indy anyways, so I have no problems there.
      dhook27 -
      if they can do this you can bet they will have the playoff after a year in a dynasty
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
      if they can do this you can bet they will have the playoff after a year in a dynasty
      Uh, yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
      countryboy -
      So did I read that right? After the first year is completed, Louisville will be moved to the ACC automatically in the game without me having to move them?

Sweet!
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
      So did I read that right? After the first year is completed, Louisville will be moved to the ACC automatically in the game without me having to move them?

Sweet!
      No, they were just saying, there will still be more moves to be made in NCAA '15 with the bunch of changes still to take place in real life in 2014, but you'll have to manually move them yourself like you do right now. They won't be moved by EA until NCAA '15.
      countryboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      No, they were just saying, there will still be more moves to be made in NCAA '15 with the bunch of changes still to take place in real life in 2014, but you'll have to manually move them yourself like you do right now. They won't be moved by EA until NCAA '15.
      Oh ok....lol...

It's Monday and I had a hectic day at work. I'm just glad I could find my way home tonight...LOL

Thanks for the clarification.
      Jayrah -
      Again, nobody knows how this is going to work still. There's no way playoffs make it into 14 because there's no way to properly implement it in game without knowledge of how it will occur IRL. Also, they'll have to totally reprogram the code for it, so there's no way to implement both systems in one game.
      dhook27 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Again, nobody knows how this is going to work still. There's no way playoffs make it into 14 because there's no way to properly implement it in game without knowledge of how it will occur IRL. Also, they'll have to totally reprogram the code for it, so there's no way to implement both systems in one game.
      way to rain on my parade LOl
      SmoothPancakes -
      Oh ok....lol...

It's Monday and I had a hectic day at work. I'm just glad I could find my way home tonight...LOL

Thanks for the clarification.
      Lol, I know that feeling VERY well. Always happy to help! Any other questions, feel free to ask and someone will help you out and answer them for you.
      SmoothPancakes -
      way to rain on my parade LOl
      Maybe, but he's just being honest. The only way it would ever show up this year would be if the NCAA team went rogue and made up their own system. Until then, we're not going to see a playoff until NCAA '15 at the absolute earliest. The NCAA themselves still have no clue on how the hell they gonna pull off a playoff. Depending on when exactly the NCAA gets all this crap figured out, honestly, it very well could even be NCAA '16 before we'd see a playoff in the game, if the NCAA takes until late spring/early summer of next year to finalize the details of the playoff system.
      dhook27 -
      Maybe, but he's just being honest. The only way it would ever show up this year would be if the NCAA team went rogue and made up their own system. Until then, we're not going to see a playoff until NCAA '15 at the absolute earliest. The NCAA themselves still have no clue on how the hell they gonna pull off a playoff. Depending on when exactly the NCAA gets all this crap figured out, honestly, it very well could even be NCAA '16 before we'd see a playoff in the game, if the NCAA takes until late spring/early summer of next year to finalize the details of the playoff system.
      sadly the NCAA series might not be around in 16 because of all this crap with the lawsuits
      countryboy -
      Lol, I know that feeling VERY well. Always happy to help! Any other questions, feel free to ask and someone will help you out and answer them for you.
      Will do....thanks again.

Very friendly forum and community. Good to see a place where differing opinions are met with objectivity and respect and are discussed maturely.
      SmoothPancakes -
      sadly the NCAA series might not be around in 16 because of all this crap with the lawsuits
      All we can do is wait and find out unfortunately.

Will do....thanks again.

Very friendly forum and community. Good to see a place where differing opinions are met with objectivity and respect and are discussed maturely.
      Yep, part of the reason I love this place. Many of us will always disagree with things in the game, just look at the discussion regarding stuff like facemasks and socks. But, we can still keep it respectful and mature.
      countryboy -
      All we can do is wait and find out unfortunately.

Yep, part of the reason I love this place. Many of us will always disagree with things in the game, just look at the discussion regarding stuff like facemasks and socks. But, we can still keep it respectful and mature.
      Yeah...its nice to be allowed to discuss opinions.
      dhook27 -
      Not to mention they close every thread with constructive criticism
      souljahbill -
      Don't we have a gentleman's understanding here not to discuss other forums and their policies?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Don't we have a gentleman's understanding here not to discuss other forums and their policies?
      Do we? I honestly can't remember.
      GatorBait06NC -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      They do know how the NCAA playoffs will work, top 4 BCS teams get in. Semi Finals will rotate between the Cotton, Orange, Sugar, and one other, cant remember and the finals is the BCS championship game.

It would be a complete bummer to not have a playoff option in NCAA's dynasty mode. What's the point of playing past 1 year? They can have custom conferences, but not a 4 team playoff.

What is really needed is the ability to remove and rename conferences. And ability to edit conference schedules, you need to be able to AT LEAST edit the home and away in conference scheduling so there is no glitches where you constantly play a team on the road 4 years in a row.

I saw in presentation they had kickoff nuetral games, hopefully those exist in future years of dynasty. I would be nice if you could edit every team's schedule. It would not be that complicated.

THE MAIN THING, is better poll logic. Also include realistic national championship games. I hate in year 5 of dynasty a Marshall vs SMU national title game. That is just ridiculous.