• RGIII is the NCAA Football 13 Cover Athlete

Late Sunday evening, the flagship radio station for the Baylor Bears (1660 AM ESPN Central Texas) tweeted out a report that former Baylor quarterback and 2011 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III will be on the cover of NCAA Football 13 and it was officially announced & confirmed Monday morning on The Dan Patrick Show.

Beginning March 13, fans can visit the NCAA Football Facebook page to vote for one of former eight Heisman Trophy winners to join Griffin on the cover. This appears to confirm some role for former Heisman Trophy winners in the game.

The candidates include former University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen, former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie, former The Ohio State University running back Eddie George, former The University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard, former Oklahoma State University running back Barry Sanders, former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker, former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward and former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware. NCAA Football 13 will be available July 10, 2012.

Do you like the selection? Share your opinions with the community in the comments below.
    Comments 39 Comments
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      So, am I insane for thinking that RGIII in the long run will be better than Luck is?
      I think so.

Also I guess for the cover I'd rather see maybe a Barry Sanders or someone different then another QB to grace the cover.
      Boucher -
      Soooooo what are the chances we can edit our players to look like RG3 with all those armbands that are primary and SECONDARY team colours
      JerzeyReign -
      Good choice -- he deserves all the college accolades.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      I think so.

Also I guess for the cover I'd rather see maybe a Barry Sanders or someone different then another QB to grace the cover.
      Not trying to make this a RGIII vs Luck in the NFL debate but I don't think Luck will live up to the expectations. I'm a Colts fan btw.

BUT ... I would like to see Barry Sanders or even Desmond Howard again on the cover.
      ram29jackson -
      figure it out guys..at this point, last years Heisman winner should always be assumed the cover guy.its no surprise and no mystery there.

and again, who cares if all this means is a stupid Heisman ceremony animation that lasts a few seconds? I dont.

the greatest fluff they added last year was the game track in the middle of a game but that can be unnoticed by pushing -X- too quickly.

you know I play the game and like the game.

but lets see if they can start learning how to patch it without screwing up an entire years work.

a secondary retired college player on a cover is meaningless internet fodder.

wasnt Desond the only guy from the past who got a cover before? if so, is there a chance it will mean something else from that years game ?
      jaymo76 -
      Being a HUGE fan of CFL football, I really hope RGIII shares the cover with six time CFL MVP, NCAA miracle worker, and all around good guy, Doug Flutie
      baseballplyrmvp -
      i voted marcus allen. partly because my name is marcus, partly because my second favorite team is USC, partly because i was a raiders fan growing up as a little kid (like from 3-6 years old), and partly because i met him when i was 5.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      i voted marcus allen. partly because my name is marcus, partly because my second favorite team is USC, partly because i was a raiders fan growing up as a little kid (like from 3-6 years old), and partly because i met him when i was 5.

..any other parts you forget to mention?
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      even Desmond Howard again on the cover.
      Hell no. Anybody but Desmond. Michigan bias aside, I don't like the idea of a repeat cover if we can avoid it. But yes, the Michigan bias makes a "No" into a "Hell no"

Obviously, bias first, I would love to see Eddie grace the cover. Short of that, Flutie or Sanders would be almost as awesome.

EDIT: Might as well say it here too ... as this is a Facebook vote, and it will presumably be using an "App", I won't be participating. There are plenty of other ways to do this vote besides the Facebook apps.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      ..any other parts you forget to mention?
      no....that's pretty much everything. lol
      bdoughty -
      Did not see it mentioned but part of the PR for this years game was listed at worthplaying.com

NCAA Football 13 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new collision system. Make an impact by leading your team to the National Championship.
      Coachdenz -
      You know NCAA 12 had most ofEverything I wanted in a game and it's been the least that I have played. I guess the flash is allGone for me and this series.... GoodLuck all with NCAA 13 and I hope it works out of the box.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Did not see it mentioned but part of the PR for this years game was listed at worthplaying.com

NCAA Football 13 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new collision system. Make an impact by leading your team to the National Championship.
      That is also on the official website, but I believe that except for swapping 12 for 13 it is exactly the same as last year. It seems that they have been very careful to not let info leak early this year via product listings or PR sheets.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      That is also on the official website, but I believe that except for swapping 12 for 13 it is exactly the same as last year.
      It actually removed some stuff, but otherwise ...
      NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday like never before as players go from high school superstar to top college player to head coach in the Road to Glory and Dynasty modes. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new collision system, players make an impact by leading their team to the National Championship in NCAA Football 12.
      It's too early for description leaks though. That doesn't happen until Gamestop gets involved
      cdj -
      From Monday's on-campus event at Baylor:

ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Hell no. Anybody but Desmond. Michigan bias aside, I don't like the idea of a repeat cover if we can avoid it. But yes, the Michigan bias makes a "No" into a "Hell no"

Obviously, bias first, I would love to see Eddie grace the cover. Short of that, Flutie or Sanders would be almost as awesome.

EDIT: Might as well say it here too ... as this is a Facebook vote, and it will presumably be using an "App", I won't be participating. There are plenty of other ways to do this vote besides the Facebook apps.
      Archie G won 2, he should be on a video game cover
      ram29jackson -
      you hear that Madden, you need to put the drop kick in the game...DO IT !!!!!!
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      Archie G won 2, he should be on a video game cover
      I'm guessing Archie declined. Otherwise leaving him off the list makes no sense. At first I thought it was limited to more "modern" players, but Marcus Allen was only 4 years behind Archie.
      cdj -
      From Uni-Watch:

Robert Griffin III was announced as the cover boy for NCAA Football 13 yesterday, so they did a photo shoot of him in his Baylor gear. The thing is, Baylor is a Nike school, but Griffin signed a deal with Adidas after graduating, which made for a weird mishmash of logo creep at the photo shoot (from David Westfall)