• RGIII is the NCAA Football 13 Cover Athlete

Late Sunday evening, the flagship radio station for the Baylor Bears (1660 AM ESPN Central Texas) tweeted out a report that former Baylor quarterback and 2011 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III will be on the cover of NCAA Football 13 and it was officially announced & confirmed Monday morning on The Dan Patrick Show.

Beginning March 13, fans can visit the NCAA Football Facebook page to vote for one of former eight Heisman Trophy winners to join Griffin on the cover. This appears to confirm some role for former Heisman Trophy winners in the game.

The candidates include former University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen, former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie, former The Ohio State University running back Eddie George, former The University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard, former Oklahoma State University running back Barry Sanders, former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker, former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward and former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware. NCAA Football 13 will be available July 10, 2012.

Do you like the selection? Share your opinions with the community in the comments below.
    Comments 39 Comments
      jaymo76 -
      Great selection and more speculation of a Heisman Ceremony making it's triumphant return...???...
      SmoothPancakes -
      I'll believe it when an official announcement is made. As was stated, last year they had the four guys all go through photo shoots and then the public vote on the cover winner. Just because RGIII had a photo shoot, does not mean he is officially the cover guy. It may just be EA getting things set up for a repeat of last year and having another public vote.
      morsdraconis -

It was total bullshit that he won the Heisman anyway and now it's total bullshit that he's on the cover instead of Andrew Luck (you know, the #1 overall selection in the draft).
      steelerfan -
      Isn't it possible that the photoshoot was because he won the Heisman (ie Sanders, Plunkett, George etc.)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      texacotea -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

It was total bullshit that he won the Heisman anyway and now it's total bullshit that he's on the cover instead of Andrew Luck (you know, the #1 overall selection in the draft).
      Dont know if serious here
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Isn't it possible that the photoshoot was because he won the Heisman (ie Sanders, Plunkett, George etc.)?

It could have been that too. You're right. Everything to me is looking and shouting that the flagship station of Baylor football heard about a RGIII photo shoot with EA, immediately assumed it was for the NCAA 13 cover, and ran with it, claiming it as fact. As I already said, until EA officially announces RGIII as the cover guy themselves, I don't believe it at all and is nothing but pure rumor to me.
      cdj -
      On Twitter, from Sandy Sandoval:

- Rise and shine. Big things happening at Baylor Univ this morning. More to come. It's in the Game!
      cdj -
      From EA NCAA Football:

NCAA Football fans, tune into The Dan Patrick Show today at 10:05 am ET to find out who the NCAA Football 13 cover athlete is going to be! You can catch the show on Fox Sports Radio, Direct TV channel 101, or on DanPatrick.com!

Today's guests on the Dan Patrick Show: Seth Davis, Robert Griffin III, and Nancy O'Dell
      steelerfan -
      Per the Dan Patrick Show, RG3 and 8 former Heisman winners will be on the cover of NCAA 13.

SmoothPancakes -
      There we go, now I can accept as fact that RGIII will be on the cover.
      JBHuskers -
      In regards to Luck. RGIII is MUCH more marketable.
      cdj -
      The story updated with full details from The Dan Patrick Show and an early cover mock-up from EA SPORTS.
      NatureBoy -
      I like the choice of RG III. He was the most exciting player in college football last season IMO. I wish I could vote for George Rogers to share the cover with him.

gschwendt -
      Here's a better image of the cover from Facebook:

psusnoop -
      Go with this pic and then you have RGIII, I like it atleast.

cdj -
      More on the Heisman vote:

The candidates include former University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen, former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie, former The Ohio State University running back Eddie George, former The University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard, former Oklahoma State University running back Barry Sanders, former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker, former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward and former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware.
      NatureBoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      More on the Heisman vote:

The candidates include former University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen, former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie, former The Ohio State University running back Eddie George, former The University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard, former Oklahoma State University running back Barry Sanders, former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker, former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward and former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware.
      Out of those choices, I will vote for Flutie. It would be nice to see two QBs who have similar playing styles on the cover.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      In regards to Luck. RGIII is MUCH more marketable.
      Yes the masses like them some Cheddar QBs over just pure talent. RGIII was a solid college QB and he may/may not pan out in the NFL but any SANE person knows Luck was FAR better as a QB than RGIII. Disappointed Luck didn't make the cover but I'm usually dissappointed with the cover choice.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      So, am I insane for thinking that RGIII in the long run will be better than Luck is?
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      So, am I insane for thinking that RGIII in the long run will be better than Luck is?
      Yes