• Mark Ingram Announced as NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete

As expected, former Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram of Alabama has been named winner of the public vote to be the cover athlete of NCAA Football 12. The result was confirmed by EA SPORTS Senior Director of Athlete Relations Sandy Sandoval and also officially announced on ESPN First Take this morning.

Ingram leaves Alabama as the program's only Heisman Trophy winner and helped the Crimson Tide win the 2010 BCS National Championship. Ingram joins Shaun Alexander (NCAA Football 2001) as former Alabama players who have graced the game's cover.

Ingram won the Facebook voting promotion over Auburn DL Nick Fairley, Washington QB Jake Locker, and Oklahoma RB DeMarco Murray.

Here is a behind the scenes look of Ingram at his NCAA Football 12 photo shoot:

Latest images (click here for more)
    Comments 28 Comments
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      no surprise here.
      JBHuskers -
      Nope...had the best pedigree.
      psusnoop -
      Just as long as it wasn't Fairley.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Just as long as it wasn't Fairley.
      psusnoop -
      :rolleyes:
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      If I had time I'd go photoshop that quick.
      Solidice -
      they have a Senior Direct of Athlete Relations. what a title

as for Mark, I expected that, so no real surprise.

also, apparently in a video that was show on First Take, coaches are back on the sidelines.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
      they have a Senior Direct of Athlete Relations. what a title
      Of anyone that works at EA SPORTS, he's the guy to be the most jealous of... he has fairly close relationships with athletes, gets to meet all of them (regardless of cover or not), etc. Never met him but heard good stories about him.
      souljahbill -
      Don't bother with a vote next year if Andrew Luck has the type of year he's expected to have. He's already the Heisman favorite and if he handles his business, will crush everyone in another vote.
      psusnoop -
      Maybe I shouldn't have posted my roll eyes so quick, on iPhone I don't see some pictures or links at times, and I'm thinking you have more then the Fairley little icon.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Maybe I shouldn't have posted my roll eyes so quick, on iPhone I don't see some pictures or links at times, and I'm thinking you have more then the Fairley little icon.
      No... that's all that's there, because "I Want 90"
      psusnoop -
      Lol ok, I think he has tremendous amounts of talent but his character is what I question. I just remember about two cheap shots to opposing players after the play and while in a pile.
      souljahbill -
      I just watched the unveiling on First Take and the guy interviewing Ingram was BRUTAL. Some decent questions mixed in with some stupid junk like "Are you going to wear cufflinks?" and "The over/under on the number of buttons on your jacket is 5." He also asked Ingram if he liked his rating in NCAA 11 and unfortunately, Ingram took the bait and said he liked being a 98.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I just watched the unveiling on First Take and the guy interviewing Ingram was BRUTAL. Some decent questions mixed in with some stupid junk like "Are you going to wear cufflinks?" and "The over/under on the number of buttons on your jacket is 5."
      Yeah... I absolutely hate the entire First Take show. From Skip Bayless to stupid questions that no one really cares about. It's like a Regis & Kelly show for sports, only worse.
      psusnoop -
      Spot on G. That is my thoughts on that program exactly.
      gschwendt -
      onikuno -
      My Attack Ads have failed....here's my response.

xMrHitStickx904 -
      I personally like First Take, but that's just me. I'm ready to see the newest trailer for today actually.
      gschwendt -
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      btw does Auburn have blue pants alternates?