• "Welcome Back" from NCAA Football Executive Producer Roy Harvey

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog from NCAA Football Executive Producer Roy Harvey. Continue on to read the full blog and then share your thoughts with the community.

While gameplay improvements will be announced soon - Roy mentions a 'big push' defensively this year - his blog features two new game screenshots and that users will be able to utilize custom entrance music in NCAA Football 12 via the Stadium Sounds feature.

Another season is upon us and the countdown begins. Over the next 90 days you’ll be hearing about everything we’ve put into NCAA Football 12 and we hope you’ll like what you’re going to see. It represents months of deep development and the next serious step in innovation that we initiated last year with NCAA Football 11.

I have no major announcements today, but I can say that our focus and fundamental strategy hasn’t changed. It’s still all about the three key elements I described in my blog last year “A New Game Plan”; Core Experience, Authenticity, and Innovation.

The community feedback we’ve received on ’11 through emails, forums, and surveys has been encouraging and I’m happy to report that we’ve incorporated many of these requests into the newest edition.

Starting with the core, we continue to acknowledge and agree that gameplay is what matters most. The engine we share with our brothers on Madden is getting some big upgrades and improvements that we will customize and tune for the right collegiate feel. You can also expect another big push on the defensive side of the ball this year. Other than that, there’s not much more I can say just yet. But please be patient, there are definitely “under the hood” details ahead in the coming weeks.

With regard to authentic presentation, we are making a big push in this area as well because it’s a huge part of what college football means -- the passion, pageantry, and tradition is like no other sport in the world (FIFA comes close…). You may have caught a few of the rough iPhone screenshots released so far, but the better looking stuff is coming in the next few days. Here are a few minor details I can share now for my Michigan brethren. At least in the virtual world I can put them in the Rose Bowl this year.

New Big House stadium lights are also in and ready to go…

Another minor item to start planning for – you’ll be able to fully customize entrance music this year, so get your tracks ready…

Finally, with regards to online, the response to NCAA Football 11’s online dynasty mode has been outstanding, so expect some interesting news here in as we get closer to launch.

In closing, on behalf of the team I’d like to thank all the fans who’ve written in with suggestions and comments. While we can’t possibly get to the thousands of ideas that have come in, we do take your feedback very seriously when designing the game and work to get as much in as time and resources will allow. From big ideas to the little things like dreads, bowl patches, band placement, uniform details, and mascot changes – everything contributes to realism and authenticity – and they all came from you. So please keep the cards and letters coming…

Keep the faith, real news is up ahead!

Roy
    NCAA Football 12
    Executive Producer

PS -- You can still email me at NCAAFootballFeedback@ea.com. As mentioned previously, given the incredible amount of email I get daily, I don’t always have time to reply, but I do promise I’ll read everything you send. Please keep it civil and spam free ;-)
    Comments 41 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Cue up that Enter Sandman Virginia Tech fans!!!!!
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Cue up that Enter Sandman Virginia Tech fans!!!!!
      Was just thinking that....

ram29jackson -
      ...enter Hokieman....
      Kwizzy -
      Tunnel Walk is gonna be sick with Sirius blasting!
      gschwendt -
      While Arkansas State doesn't have any official run out music (usually some in each year's new entrance video), I imagine this will sound epic while players are gathering in the tunnel, particularly the first 30 seconds.
      Flav -
      Michigan, Yee hee!!
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      Tunnel Walk is gonna be sick with Sirius blasting!
      steelerfan -
      Oh this is exciting!! Sounds like we have a great week ahead of us. I can't wait for more news!!
      Jayrah -
      (salute)!!!!!!!
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      I'm READY for some football. SO GLAD i'm getting 12 early this year, I almost wanna cry right now lol.
      champ195797 -
      Can some one find that old Goldberg intro for me cause when you here that you know I'm coming to shut something down
      morsdraconis -
      Cool. This would be my opening song for my team to run out to the field on:

or maybe this one starting at around 20 secs into it:

souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by champ195797 View Post
      Can some one find that old Goldberg intro for me cause when you here that you know I'm coming to shut something down
      souljahbill -
      These are the songs I'm thinking of using for my Teambuilder intro

I'll either use

HHH's theme: The Game

Nelly: Heart of a Champion

Fugees: Ready or Not

Nas: Hate Me Now (Instrumental)

Kanye West: All of the Lights (Instrumental)
      champ195797 -
      Thanks souljahbill
      gschwendt -
      Warchant.com has a clip of Chief Osceola and Renegade on their site:
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      Eminem : Ft. Nate Dogg (RIP) Till I Collapse will be my choice of music.

EDIT : That trailer is dope, I knew they'd get that in.
      JeffHCross -
      While I don't agree with Roy's team of choice, the franchise is in good hands with him at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      http://floridastate.rivals.com/conte...61&CID=1213381
      Better post that in Powerhouse. Otherwise Prime'll never see it.
      champ195797 -
      If that's in there's no way they can leave this out

ram29jackson -
      that of course is very cool. You know I have an Indian team fetish !

but I bet this falls under the not politically correct crap .

the only indian related thing in teambuilder is the seminole round logo. Any other team with an indian mascot just has the letter, nothing that looks indianesque so to speak.

although they do bother to put indian team names in the audio. All i'm saying is an indian charging on a horse might get passed up ?...ya' know, I like Florida State College of Fred BILETNIKOFF)
      but i always avoided using them online the last two years 09,10 because they seemed to be the favorite of cheesers