• Join The Gaming Tailgate ESPN.com Tournament Challenge

March Madness is here! Show your basketball prowess - or supreme guessing ability - in The Gaming Tailgate Tournament Challenge on ESPN.com. Make your picks beginning 6 PM ET Sunday, March 13.

There is no entry fee and all entrants are welcome, so feel free to get your friends into the group as well. The winner will receive a prize which will be announced at a later date. Continue on for full group details.

Group Name: The Gaming Tailgate
    Password: tailgate2011
    Comments 80 Comments
      morsdraconis -
      Yeah. Utah State and Louisville totally screwed me...
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Why was Pitt even down there for the rebound? They should have all lined up at half court.
      Just playing Devil's Advocate, but say that they all lined up at half court, the guy missed the shot, and then somehow Butler hits a ridiculous 3-pointer to win the game. Then everybody says "why weren't they there to contest the rebound?"
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Just playing Devil's Advocate, but say that they all lined up at half court, the guy missed the shot, and then somehow Butler hits a ridiculous 3-pointer to win the game. Then everybody says "why weren't they there to contest the rebound?"
      I think I'd roll the dice on that and go percentages to be honest. I see your point, but at some point you have to play the numbers game. Pitt just didn't do that at all. With 1.4 seconds left the guy wasn't getting past half court before they needed to shot the ball anyways.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      I think I'd roll the dice on that and go percentages to be honest. I see your point, but at some point you have to play the numbers game. Pitt just didn't do that at all. With 1.4 seconds left the guy wasn't getting past half court before they needed to shot the ball anyways.
      On the flipside, what if the player misses the shot and the ball bounces right to a Pitt player for the put back... ? I don't like the half court idea but I definitely say "anything that doesn't fall into your lap, let it go".
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      On the flipside, what if the player misses the shot and the ball bounces right to a Pitt player for the put back... ? I don't like the half court idea but I definitely say "anything that doesn't fall into your lap, let it go".
      After they tied it, I guess I could see them getting an easy put back there if it was missed but l would be very worried about getting called for a foul there. Even an over the back call would kill ya in that situation. Play for OT and hope your players respond.
      NatureBoy -
      I'm out! I had Ohio St winning it all.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
      I'm out! I had Ohio St winning it all.
      I've lost my entire final four :/
      SmoothPancakes -
      I still have Kansas, winning it all.
      JBHuskers -
      As Chuck would say...my bracket this year was flat out TURRRRRIBLE
      JeffHCross -
      The one single user that got 15 of the Sweet 16 teams -- zero correct teams going into the Final Four.

Also, right now the Tournament Challenge overall leader has all four Final Four teams remaining, and has picked VCU to win the national championship.
      SmoothPancakes -
      The one single user that got 15 of the Sweet 16 teams -- zero correct teams going into the Final Four.

Also, right now the Tournament Challenge overall leader has all four Final Four teams remaining, and has picked VCU to win the national championship.
      There's a whole 2 people total who have all four Final Four teams correct in the Tournament Challenge. Here were the numbers going into today's games:

Potential Final Four fields and number of brackets picking each scenario:

Butler, Connecticut, Kansas, North Carolina: 645
      Butler, Connecticut, Kansas, Kentucky: 414
      Butler, Connecticut, VCU, North Carolina: 6
      Butler, Connecticut, VCU, Kentucky: 2
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      There's a whole 2 people total who have all four Final Four teams correct in the Tournament Challenge.
      Yep. But the second bracket must've really sucked it up in the first few rounds, because I can't even find them in the Top 100.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Yep. But the second bracket must've really sucked it up in the first few rounds, because I can't even find them in the Top 100.
      And thanks to ESPN's By the Numbers, it has been found, ranking 6,343th.

Their Butler to the Final Four pick was the ONLY correct pick they had in the Southeast Region. They went upset hardcore. Had every #1 seed losing in the 2nd round, had 1st round upsets by Wofford, UCSB, Akron, and St. Peter's, had Tennessee, Michigan State, and Illinois going to the Elite Eight, etc.
      Bige18 -
      I hope Uconn win
      JeffHCross -
      If Butler wins, there are two guys that have the same score that both picked Butler, so it'll come down to the Tiebreaker. Personally, I think this entry should be automatically eliminated since he put a higher value in the losing score than the winning score
      cdj -
      Congrats to: elijah17benoit (Please PM me ASAP.)

He finished with 1000 points, good enough to finish in the top 96.1%!
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Congrats to: elijah17benoit (Please PM me ASAP.)

He finished with 1000 points, good enough to finish in the top 96.1%!
      Congrats elijah, well done. I'm pretty sure I fell into the 3.9% that remained. hahaha
      CLW -
      Congrats!
      texacotea -
      If Butler wins, there are two guys that have the same score that both picked Butler, so it'll come down to the Tiebreaker. Personally, I think this entry should be automatically eliminated since he put a higher value in the losing score than the winning score :D
      its easy to do. I did this in one of my brackets
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
      its easy to do. I did this in one of my brackets
      I'm sure it is. Still had to laugh at it, especially since that guy was one of the Top 3 going into the final.