• Vote for the NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete

Voting has gone live on the EA SPORTS NCAA Football Facebook page for fans to vote for the NCAA Football 12 cover athlete. The candidates are Auburn's Nick Fairley, Alabama's Mark Ingram, Washington's Jake Locker, and Oklahoma's DeMarco Murray.

Fans can vote for their favorite candidate once a day starting at 9:00 am PST each day for the duration of the campaign (ending April 4th). At the end of the campaign the athlete with the most votes will be on the cover of NCAA Football 12. The winning cover athlete will be announced on April 19th.

Who will you be voting for? After voting, come back and share your thoughts with The Gaming Tailgate community.

Comments 58 Comments
      MCdonnieG -
      Well...I cast my vote for Mark Ingram. Though I'm not a fan of Fairley's sportsmanship....he's without a doubt a dominate force.....part of me wants to see the big guy make it on the cover...
      JBHuskers -
      I voted Ingram...has the best pedigree of the four with a Heisman Trophy.
      Boucher -
      VOTED Ingram'

We thinking the ESPN announcement is for the voting?
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Boucher View Post
      VOTED Ingram'

We thinking the ESPN announcement is for the voting?
      Pretty sure. Locker was on Mike & Mike this morning and they discussed it, guessing First Take will have some of the other candidates.
      Kwizzy -
      I voted for Murray. Like I said in the other thread, that's simply based on my own personal unreasonable feelings towards SEC teams & Washington at the moment. I think in reality Ingram will and SHOULD be on the cover but I just can't bring myself to vote for him because he played for Nick Saban in the SEC.

Again, I acknowledge that it's an unreasonable & ridiculous opinion but there it is.
      NatureBoy -
      Being a South Carolina fan, there's no way I can vote for a Bama or Auburn player. Murray has no shot IMO. My vote is for Jake Locker.
      bvito4686 -
      Being a Michigan fan, I don't really care.

I guess Ingram, he is from Michigan...?
      CLW -
      Fairley - I just want a defensive player on the cover.
      Boucher -
      I wish we could have gotten a screen shot today.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Fairley - I just want a defensive player on the cover.
      That's why I wish Peterson was a choice.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      That's why I wish Peterson was a choice.
      Von Miller would have been a good choice.

I have no clue how Locker got into this vote.
      CLW -
      I'd be surprised if Ingram or Murray doesn't win this vote. This stuff turns on which school has the largest/most organized fan bases. I get the impression that Auburn is the "red headed step child" in Alabama (much like Louisville is in KY as an example).

My gut tells me Alabama has a larger/more organized fan base than Oklahoma.
      JBHuskers -
      Should punish Murray for leaking the story by not voting for him...plus he played for Oklahoma.
      Coachdenz -
      Ingram, I would like a Defensive player just not Fairley.
      Jayrah -
      Ingram is the most logical choice. It's possible that a guy like Patrick Peterson has already been picked as one of the cover athletes, and these are for the 2nd cover, whichever it may be. Apparently the pre release cover is just purely a hint at defense being a key component in this years dev cycle.

My question is... Why isn't Patrick Peterson the defensive part of this group, assuming he's not already a cover athlete pick. Fairley has the rep of a dirty player, and you wouldn't think that EA would even want him as a choice for their cover athlete. I am shocked.
      Coachdenz -
      My question is... Why isn't Patrick Peterson the defensive part of this group, assuming he's not already a cover athlete pick. Fairley has the rep of a dirty player, and you wouldn't think that EA would even want him as a choice for their cover athlete. I am shocked.
      good question
      jaymo76 -
      Locker... just because of LAST YEAR. He played some amazing ball last season. Let's hope this past season was a one off...
      JeffHCross -
      I abstain, courteously (10 points to anyone who gets that reference) because the NCAA Football App wants to view my personal information ... and I don't roll like that.

( Yes, occasionally I'm as paranoid about Social Media as steelerfan )
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Ingram is the most logical choice. It's possible that a guy like Patrick Peterson has already been picked as one of the cover athletes, and these are for the 2nd cover, whichever it may be. Apparently the pre release cover is just purely a hint at defense being a key component in this years dev cycle.
      The winner will be the cover athlete. It's only these four candidates. No shenanigans.
      gschwendt -
      Show off who you want to the rest of the forum. Edit your profile and at the bottom, you'll see an option to select who you want. That will add a tag to your quick-profile to the left of your posts. Let us know any feedback but it's just a little something I whipped up.