• Vote for the NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete

Voting has gone live on the EA SPORTS NCAA Football Facebook page for fans to vote for the NCAA Football 12 cover athlete. The candidates are Auburn's Nick Fairley, Alabama's Mark Ingram, Washington's Jake Locker, and Oklahoma's DeMarco Murray.

Fans can vote for their favorite candidate once a day starting at 9:00 am PST each day for the duration of the campaign (ending April 4th). At the end of the campaign the athlete with the most votes will be on the cover of NCAA Football 12. The winning cover athlete will be announced on April 19th.

Who will you be voting for? After voting, come back and share your thoughts with The Gaming Tailgate community.

Comments 58 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Show off who you want to the rest of the forum. Edit your profile and at the bottom, you'll see an option to select who you want. That will add a tag to your quick-profile to the left of your posts. Let us know any feedback but it's just a little something I whipped up.
      That's a sweet add G!
      cdj -
      Show off who you want to the rest of the forum. Edit your profile and at the bottom, you'll see an option to select who you want. That will add a tag to your quick-profile to the left of your posts. Let us know any feedback but it's just a little something I whipped up.
      Awesome add! Thanks, G.
      Wisey105 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      I abstain, courteously (10 points to anyone who gets that reference) because the NCAA Football App wants to view my personal information ... and I don't roll like that.

( Yes, occasionally I'm as paranoid about Social Media as steelerfan )
      I want to say that is from 1776...
      As for me, I don't now which way I will be going with my vote. Maybe I should just vote for the player that will look best on the Dev Team t-shirt that's made at the end of the project.
      Coachdenz -
      nice little feature!
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wisey105 View Post
      As for me, I don't now which way I will be going with my vote. Maybe I should just vote for the player that will look best on the Dev Team t-shirt that's made at the end of the project.
      FSU vs. Alabama is 1-2
      FSU vs. Auburn is 4-13-1
      FSU vs. Oklahoma is 1-5
      FSU has never played Washington.

I think Locker gets your vote by default.
      cdj -
      I voted but never shared my two cents...

DeMarco Murray - Great player and an all-time great for one of the top programs in college football.

Nick Fairley - Great player who stepped up on the biggest stage, the BCS National Championship Game

Jake Locker - Embodies college football, stayed all four years and led his team from a winless season to a bowl victory his senior season. I think he loses some luster given some poor showings his senior season as well as backlash from ESPN 'experts' still proclaiming him a top notch QB despite those horrible outings.

Mark Ingram - Had an average senior season, but helped lead the Tide to the 2010 title and was very humble in winning the Heisman that season. I think his attitude and spirit place him as a great ambassador for college football. Given his accomplishments on and off the field, he gets my vote but I like all four of these guys.
      CLW -
      Nice!
      I OU a Beatn -
      I voted Jake Locker, but I'm not a fan of any of the choices - he's just the lesser of the 4 evils, in my opinion. Fairley played for Auburn and is possibly one of the dirtiest players I've ever witnessed. Mark Ingram played for Bama - enough said. Demarco Murray played for OU - enough said.
      CLW -
      Well juding from the early totals here it isn't even going to be close.
      whitepony99 -
      I voted for Locker always been a QB fan
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by whitepony99 View Post
      I voted for Locker always been a QB fan
      Well according to ESPN, this is the year of the QB
      whitepony99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Well according to ESPN, this is the year of the QB
      Although I think they are a bit off on that statement.
      Jayrah -
      I abstain, courteously (10 points to anyone who gets that reference)
      Yep 1776. That's hilarious
      Jayrah -
      You're the coolest!
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Locker... just because of LAST YEAR. He played some amazing ball last season. Let's hope this past season was a one off...
      A Husky will never be on the cover of my Xbox football game as long as my vote counts! I couldn't stand to look at any of their mugs for a whole season, every time I pick up a game that I love. Booooooooo
      steelerfan -
      ( Yes, occasionally I'm as paranoid about Social Media as steelerfan )
      There is a vast difference between paranoia and just flat thinking Social Media is dumb.
      cdj -
      From our newest member, onikuno:

Pretty funny stuff! I hope he has more on the way.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wisey105 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Yep 1776. That's hilarious
      You guys both rock.

(The last one is the best)
      onikuno -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      From our newest member, onikuno:

Pretty funny stuff! I hope he has more on the way.
      Thanks for posting my video!

The Nick Fairley ad is now in the editing process. Expect it late tonight or tomorrow.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by onikuno View Post
      Thanks for posting my video!

The Nick Fairley ad is now in the editing process. Expect it late tonight or tomorrow.
      That's some awesome stuff