• Community Sound-Off: What do you think will be in NCAA Football 12?

It's quickly becoming that time of year as it should only be a matter of weeks until we get our first NCAA Football 12 info. (The first NCAA 11 blogs and screenshot were released in March of last year.) While we know what the community wants in the franchise, we want to know what you think will actually be in NCAA Football 12.

As a starting point, here are the top eight items from the 2010 NCAA Football Community Wish List Tournament: Custom Playbooks, Special Teams Overhaul, WR/DB Match-up, Improved CPU Playcalling, Coaching Carousel, Depth Chart Improvements, Improved Defensive Playbooks, and Improved Offensive Playbooks. Which features or aspects do you think will be in NCAA 12?

Keep in mind - this is not what you want in the franchise, but specifically what you think will be in NCAA Football 12. Will the game be feature-laden or will it consist of more under-the-hood changes? So far, our only NCAA 12 information (and vague, at that) came via the Madden NFL Developer Podcast when it was stated that the Central Gameplay Team for the two football titles would be working on improving the defense and eliminating suction blocking.
    Comments 63 Comments
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Which features or aspects do you think will be in NCAA 12?
      All of 'em.
      Custom Playbooks, Special Teams Overhaul, WR/DB Match-up, Improved CPU Playcalling, Coaching Carousel, Depth Chart Improvements, Improved Defensive Playbooks, and Improved Offensive Playbooks.
      Hey, I gotta be an optimist about something!
      steelerfan -
      As many of the Elite 8 as possible would make a lot of the Community very happy. It's hard to say what will make it in,who knows? Your guess is as good (or bad) as mine. I'm just glad we're getting to the time of year where we should start getting some info.

CLW -
      I think illegally paying recruits $200K to play QB will make it to the game this year. Of course, if you get caught the NCAA will lay the hammer down on you. UNLESS, you are playing for a National title. If that is the case, they will "suspend" the player for a day of practice before handing him the Heisman Trophy.
      cdj -
      Based on the Madden Podcast, I think we can expect defensive improvements on the field. Presentation-wise, I'm not sure how they top or improve what they added in 11. (Don't even suggest dreads! ) Big feature-wise? I don't know what to guess yet. Looking at the 2009 survey, maybe some college version of GameFlow? That would fit one of the bigger item descriptions.
      morsdraconis -
      Sadly, anything short of a coaching carousel or at least significant improvements made to the defensive playbook (or a custom playbook) will be a HUGE disappointment for me.
      Coachdenz -
      What I think:
      Defensive improvements
      Roster updates and a few new
      Animations.

I don't want any kind of gameflow
      In this game. I don't want anything calling
      My plays if so I would play run for the
      Heisman or whateve it's called, but with that said
      Something like this will be
      In the game.....again we get
      Left overs from Madden when this is the better game.
      steelerfan -
      Dunno, denz. What Madden leftovers did we get stuck with last year? I think those days are behind us. NCAA 11 had some features that Madden 11 didn't. I agree though. NCAA > Madden.
      gschwendt -
      I have a feeling that EA recognizes that this is the year that custom playbooks has to make it in... the community demand for it has grown enough that it will be one of the big features. Just hopefully though they do it bigger/better than last gen which had several annoyances with it. Beyond that, it's hard to say... lots of potential to build off of NCAA11.
      MCdonnieG -
      hmmm good question...I think the following will make it in NCAA Football 12

1)Improved Defensive Zone/Man coverage

2)Even more running,catching and tackling animations....locomotion will even look better than last years!

3)NCAA Sanctions/Violations

4)Re-Vamped Road to Glory Mode
      souljahbill -
      Besides the customary new animations, I think custom playbooks are getting in this year and I think, based off of the dev team's requests, the game is going to sound better. I don't think they'd ask for cheerleader chants and band locations without putting some emphasis into the sound design. I think improved defense is also a focus but hopefully in a natural way and not in a "blow through the o-line, super jumping lb's, secondary mirroring receivers" type a way.
      Kwizzy -
      The only things I would be fairly confident are in would be custom playbooks and improved defense. Like gschwendt said, the demand for CPBKs has been so high I gotta think they make it in. But, then again, I would've thought they were a given last year too so that shows how unpredictable it is. I think defense would be a solid bet due to the madden blog and the issues in '11.

There are plenty of other things that I would THINK should make it in however it's tough to tell.
      jaymo76 -
      Coaching carousel... just because it was one of the few features not to make 11 that was on the EA list from last year. Throw in custom playbooks and my summer is complete.
      Boucher -
      Im thinking we get Saturday Night football and like a career mode in dynasty so you have something to work towards
      TheTruth43 -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      Sadly, anything short of a coaching carousel or at least significant improvements made to the defensive playbook (or a custom playbook) will be a HUGE disappointment for me.
      I agree 100%. I think that the following will be in NCAA Football 12 : Custom Playbooks, Coaching Carousel, Improved Defensive Playbooks, Defensive improvements.
      CLW -
      Honestly, I just don't see anything "major" (like on the line with online dynasty) coming this year.

I'm hoping for:

#1 Improved Defense

#2 Improved CPU Logic (i.e. playcalling, clock management, Georgia Tech going after mobile QBs instead of QBs with speed in the 40s, etc...)

I was DOWN on this series recently until this year. I can say with certainty I have enjoyed 11 more than any game in the series on this generation of consoles and probably as much since the 04-05 "glory days".
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      +/+/+ I also agree with this. In my opinion both/all 3 make it in. I'm hoping with this that they add the ability to "request or offer" coaches (including coordinators) the job at your school, and have them accept or deny your request based on their goals as a coach. That would make the feature very solid addition systematically. But it should be added in some form, based on the way that things panned out from last season, the base is down for it to happen.

+/+/+ DEFENSE: D-Playbook is WAY FAR overdue for an upgrade. That and coverages will be the focus on D.

+ OFFENSE: Also I think some expansion of blocking schemes and really overall schemes to the offense, particularly the running game with fly sweeps and some different read option schemes will be added, which would be a nice mix with a new defensive approach.

-/-/- SPECIAL TEAMS: Upgrade? Maybe...Overhaul? No. I would be shocked and totally impressed if they have the time this year. An upgrade to the return game would be welcome though. Just some slight tweaks. Could be as simple as suction blocking being removed to make a difference in angles.

+/+/+ MISC GAMEPLAY: Of course Animations are normally, if not always, upgraded. I hope they actually "expand" this years animations instead of scrapping them though. I love what we have as a base package, just make more of them.

3 good examples of what I think we will see here: 1) We are particularly in need of DB/WR interaction, which I have been clamoring for for a couple years. 2) Look for more "styles" of player being defined through animations at each position, including a better Option Game representation between rb/wr and qb. 3) Suction blocking removal (FINALLY). 11 got much further in this area than any previous version on the new gen. Time to fully remove this and make blocking relevant on angles, footwork and ability. This will be a much bigger addition than it sounds like, making the game a very free flowing game based on true decisions with the runner and as a defender instead of guessing from time to time. NOTE: It will not make it "easier" to run behind your blockers, nor will it make it "easier" to avoid blockers. It will make it "better" and give even more control to you as a decision maker and ultimately play caller, both offensively AND defensively.

=/- CONFERENCES: Obviously a major shakeup will have to take place this season for the team. I don't see Custom Conferences making it in this year because of that, and I am afraid we may have some major scheduling snafu in multiple conferences. But I can't wait to see what it looks like anyway.

= RECRUITING: Something will be done to increase productivity in the recruiting game. CPU recruiting still needs fixed, and there really needs to be more styles of player added to our boards. This is not a huge fix this year with a million hrs of man power, as 11's recruiting is actually fun for the first time in years, but upgrading will be welcome.

= MISC NON GAMEPLAY: Atmosphere is obviously also a concern for the team, and I think that they thought that adding cheerleaders to the sideline and then 2 years ago the band to the pregame was going to be a bigger impact to the overall feel of the game, and it never delivered the way they hoped. Last season took a major step forward with pregame and postgame festivities and presentation. More entrances will be added, and cheerleaders will now become even more involved (which I honestly don't need right now but an upgrade is an upgrade ). As has been stated, it'll be tough to equal last season's efforts.

-/-/- I am not at all sold on the band location making it into this seasons game. However, the community got it into place so quickly that it just may have a shot. God just please also let my crowd be upgraded if they do add the band to it! PLEASE! I've been thinking this was going to be upgraded for 3 years now!

+/+ Equipment is again a must imo. Dreads and lengthy hair will appease the community, and several facemasks were left out last season. Those all make it in with some new unis for many a team IMO.

**It seems like a lot, but I think they've set the bar with the new regime from last year and I think they can exceed expectation..... again!
      steelerfan -
      Very good list, Jayrah. I hope you're more right than wrong.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Very good list, Jayrah. I hope you're more right than wrong.
      I hope so too.
      psusnoop -
      Me too!
      psusnoop -
      I'm big on coaching, and improved defense for sure.