• NBA 2K16 - MyLeague/MyGM & Ratings Info; 2KCast

2K Sports has released a lengthy developer blog detailing MyLeague/MyGM coming to NBA 2K16.

MyLeague/MyGM contains a bevy of new features and options including: team relocation, arena creation, uniform creation, a new off-season, a ticker, slider sharing, and much more.

In today's 2KCast, Ronnie and Chris discussed the dev diary, a new philosophy on determining player ratings, and upcoming info for NBA 2K16.

Continue on to see excerpts from the lengthy MyLeague/MyGM developer blog and an archive/notes from today's 2KCast.

MyLEAGUE Online

Thinking back to my childhood days of that Double Dribble league is what really inspired the push for NBA 2K12’s The Association: Online. It was a wildly ambitious feature that the community really seemed to sink their teeth into. Once we finished 2K12, the core team moved outwards to other experiences (The Association, MyCAREER, MyGM R&D). Having witnessed Online Leagues in 2K14 and 2K15, I really felt like we were leaving a lot on the table, with respect to user experience. Very early in the 2K16 development cycle, I made it clear that I intended to bring online franchise back under the wing of my team, most of whom were here for our first run through this in 2K12 (this experience proved to be invaluable during this process). We set forth with a very simple, and a very clear direction. That direction is, deliver a fully featured experience that above all else…WORKS.

We had the perfect foundation for this new experience, 2K15’s MyLEAGUE mode. Let me give the quick rundown on what you can expect in 2K16’s MyLEAGUE Online:

• Full 30-team leagues that support 1-30 human teams.
    • Fully featured Fantasy Draft to kick off the experience with your friends.
    • Fully adjustable setup options (season length, MyLEAGUE difficulty sliders, etc.).
    • Every Admin Control option you can think of (if you want more, let me know in the forums!).
    • Flex Scheduling, play any game at any time.
    • Custom Roster support (Classic League with our new classic teams?).

All leagues are private, invite-only leagues, so we can ensure you get exactly the experience you want with your friends.

The core experience is a single season mode, but there is an offering to extend your league into a second season if everyone wants to run it back. Once the season is done, the Admin has the option to restart the league with the end-of-season rosters (meaning, all trades you made in season 1 will carry over into season 2). Think of it as a new season without the happenings of a standard NBA offseason. I made the decision very early on that would be our path as I wanted the core focus to be on stability and reliability of the mode, while offering as many features as possible. I’m sure you can all understand and respect that decision.

At the end of the day, I’m very proud to say to our online community that the true online experience you have been coveting is back. And I know you’re going to enjoy it. Leave us comments on the forums for what you want to see next. We hear you.

Other Features Discussed:

Team Relocation - City Selection, Team Branding, Design Arena, Design Uniform, Application Submission + Relocation Committee Voting, League Realignment, Team Relocation in MyLEAGUE

The All-New Offseason - Draft Lottery, Staff Hiring, NBA Draft, Summer League, 2K Hoops Summit.

Team Building

Ticker

SimCast Live

The Little Things:
    • 3-Team Trades. They are back! Tweet pictures to Ronnie, I want to see the best 3-Team Trades you can pull off!
    • Autosave OFF – In MyLEAGUE, you will now have the ability to disable the Autosave feature. Additionally, you will be able to ‘Save As’ copies of your MyLEAGUE, thus creating multiple instances of it. I hear you…and here you are!
    • Multiple Injuries – Since the beginning of recorded video game time, a player could only have one injury at a time. In NBA 2K16, you can now have up to two simultaneous injuries per player.
    • More MyLEAGUE Customization Sliders – In our continued efforts to make this the most customizable franchise mode in sports, we have added some new sliders to help you out. These include an adjustable Salary Cap Value, Salary Cap Inflation Rate, Injury Severity, Injury Duration, Player Regression Rate, and more.
    • MyLEAGUE Automation – For those users who like to control multiple (or all 30!) teams, but don’t want to perform all of the actions of running that team, we now have a new screen where you can completely customize your level of control with a given team.
    • Player Lock – Under the Options menu in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE, there is a hidden gem of an option called ‘Position Settings’. In this menu, you can choose to play your franchise either player locked to your favorite player or locked to a given position. Definitely a unique way to play the modes that people will uncover as they explore everything we have to offer.
    • MyLEAGUE Setup Slider Sharing – Let’s be honest, MyLEAGUE has a LOT of customization sliders at this point. We now allow you to save your custom slider set so you don’t have to tweak them all every time you want to start a new MyLEAGUE. Additionally, these slider sets can be uploaded and shared for others to use.
    • Gameplay Slider Sharing – Additionally, you can now also save, load, and share your User/CPU sliders for others to download and use. Obtaining the perfect 2K experience customized to your liking has never been easier or quicker.
    • Training Slider Sharing – We like to create work for ourselves, for your benefit. You can ALSO save, load, and share your Team Training sliders in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE. Finding the PERFECT set of sliders is something that can take a lot of time. Now, you can quickly switch between different sets of sliders depending on how you want your team to focus. Do you have the perfect set of Training sliders? Upload and share them with the rest of the community.
    • Long-Term Owner Goals (MyGM) – Your owner will now give you goals that extend beyond just the current season. Some of these can feel a little tough (depending on the personality of the owner and how demanding he is), but remember, you have a few seasons to pull them off. Be calm, keep your eye on the prize, and don’t lose track of the target.
    • Customizable Progression/Regression – Every player in the league now has a unique editable entry called ‘Peak Start’ and ‘Peak End’. ‘Peak Start’ is the age at which players have developed as much as they can, and will not see additional ratings increases outside of training. ‘Peak End’ is the age at which players will start their inevitable ratings decline. This is all in your control now!
    • NEW STATS – LOTS of new Player and Team stats that will give you more insight on your players than ever before. My personal favorite addition here is the ability to see Opponent FGA/M and oFG% PER PLAYER. Finding the best defensive stoppers in the league has never been easier.
    • All-New Landing Menu/Calendar – We’ve completely re-designed the landing menu for the modes to incorporate your team calendar, the latest social media news, your personal target list of players you want to acquire, your team’s trade block (CPU teams will inquire about the players you put up here), and your untouchable list (CPU will NOT inquire about the players you put up here). It’s a design that had a lot of thought put into it with respect to usability.
    • The 2016 NBA Offseason – We’ve all read stories about how the salary cap is going to jump next offseason, and create a whole new free agent market. How will it play out? Find out right here in NBA 2K16!

Make sure to read the developer blog for even more information.

Here is the 2KCast livestream talking even more about MyLeague/MyGM and a new philosophy on determining player ratings this year.

Show Highlights:
    - Stance socks will be the game. Info on updated/new equipment & gear coming later.
    - Creation suite in 2K Pro-Am will also be utilized in creating teams for MyLeague/MyGM.
    - Fantasy Drafts are not comprised of only current players, can be any player from any era in the game.
    - In Team Relocation, moving to suburbs (for example) will cost less to build an arena, etc. than in a large metropolitan area. In suburbs, you will need to win in order to draw fans from city.
    - Career lasts "many, many seasons," not two as the blog implied.
    - Owners must vote for anything to happen. Need approval from 16, may have to make sacrifices if votes are not there.
    - Sizzle footage "not too far away."
    - MyCareer info coming early to mid-September. May be closer to mid due to volume of content that needs to be covered.
    - Ratings will be determined with player vs. all-time greats in mind. Will also give enough room to allow ratings growth. Ratings will be lower this year due to this fact.
    - Between 80-85 OVR, there are 38 players. Between 85-90 OVR, there are 19 players. Between 90-100, just six players.
    - Will be talking gameplay "very soon."
    - Two more new classic teams will be announced on Thursday, 8/20 at 12 PM PT.
    - 37 days away from Early Tip-Off Weekend (September 25).
    - New video message from Spike Lee coming Thursday or Friday.

This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA 2K16 - MyLeague/MyGM Dev Diary started by cdj View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      cdj -
      The commish options are pretty important and I wish they would have detailed them here.

When they first added online leagues a few years ago the commish had no clue on what some options meant (IE: league advance speed) and there were really little to no true commish 'options.' As a result, leagues died very quickly.

To be fair, there's a good chance the devs have shared them somewhere but I'm not going to dig through OS or the 2K forums to try and find it.

The other aspect I've yet to see them even allude to improvement on is their servers. Connecting to other users has always been a crapshoot in 2K basketball.