PDA

View Full Version : Netflix Thread

JBHuskers
09-27-2010, 11:07 AM
This is my 3rd go around with Netflix. It's definitely becoming better in regards to what's available on the instant stream...plus I'm using the disc rental to start watching Sons of Anarchy....but a big deal just was struck where EVER episode of SNL is going to be available in instant stream beginning next week!

http://splitsider.com/2010/09/every-single-episode-of-snl-is-coming-to-netflixs-watch-instantly/

JBHuskers
11-22-2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-unveils-streaming-subscription-plan-48030

Web plan without DVDs will cost $7.99 a month; popular existing plans now $1 more expensive
NEW YORK - Netflix on Monday unveiled pricing details for a new online streaming-only subscription plan and price increases to existing unlimited plans that offer both streaming content and DVDs.

The price changes come as the company has spent more money on content, particularly in its five-year deal this year with premium TV venture Epix, and seen users spend more and more time with its streaming service.

Jessie Becker, vp marketing, in a company blog entry said Netflix is now offering a new $7.99 per month plan that lets users instantly watch unlimited TV episodes and movies streamed via a computer or TV set. "This plan does not include any DVDs," Becker highlighted.

As far as increases to current subscription plans go, Netflix said its popular unlimited plans that allow one DVD out at a time and two DVDs out at a time will see their price rise by $1 a month to $9.99 and $14.99, respectively. The three out DVD plan will now cost $19.99 a month, up from $16.99. The price hikes become effective immediately for new subscribers and in January for existing customers.

"Netflix members are already watching more TV episodes and movies streamed instantly over the Internet than on DVDs, and we expect that trend to continue," Becker's blog post said. "Because of this, we are not creating any plans that are focused solely on DVDs by mail."

The U.S. streaming-only launch follows the September launch of a similar service in Canada.

AllThingsD's MediaMemo said that Netflix is trying to convince subscribers that the Web-only service is a good deal, even though it only offers about 20 percent of the company’s physical catalog and is therefore closer to the size of the catalog available on Hulu Plus, which last week also unveiled a $7.99 a month price.

Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter in a note to investors said it is hard to gauge the subscriber and financial effect of the new price points. "At this time, it is difficult to determine the impact of the price increases," he wrote. "On the one hand, we expect the majority of Netflix customers to remain on one of its combination plans, resulting in overall higher average revenue per user; on the other hand, the sharp increase in the most popular three DVD out plan could drive these subscribers to switch to lower-priced plans. We also expect many existing $8.99 plan customers to opt for the new, streaming-only plan at $7.99."

Overall, he left his revenue and profit estimates unchanged for now, predicting that any customer moves to lower-end plans will be offset by the higher price points.

"Today’s news reinforces our belief that Netflix will continue to spend heavily to add streaming content," Pachter told investors though. "As the company continues its shift towards a streaming-centric business model, we believe it will continue to upgrade its online content library, particularly given increasing competition from Hulu, Apple, Amazon and other competitors."

Netflix shares hit a 52-week high of $187.80 in early Monday trading. As of about 10:35am EDT, the stock was up 6.8% at $184.72.

psuexv
11-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm back on Netflix as well. With instant streaming to the PS3, Tivo and the iphone I'm sold. They just need to work on the titles they have available to stream. It's irritating to see the disc only tag on something you really want to watch.

JBHuskers
11-22-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm back on Netflix as well. With instant streaming to the PS3, Tivo and the iphone I'm sold. They just need to work on the titles they have available to stream. It's irritating to see the disc only tag on something you really want to watch.

It's gotten a lot better than it was though.

souljahbill
11-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I'd pay $15-$20 a month for EVERYTHING to be streamable via Netflix.

JBHuskers
11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm tempted to just go to stream only, but they're only upping the subscription by a buck. And Sons of Anarchy isn't on instant stream...

souljahbill
11-23-2010, 08:26 AM
You're better off just getting 1 DVD until streaming is current with everything (or no more then a month or so behind).

JBHuskers
11-23-2010, 08:41 AM
You're better off just getting 1 DVD until streaming is current with everything (or no more then a month or so behind).

Yeah that's all I do is one DVD, but I have had the same DVD for a while, as I've been using the streaming. But with winter coming, I'll be out less, so I'll then get caught up on Sons of Anarchy, then move on to something else.

psuexv
11-23-2010, 11:27 AM
I'd pay $15-$20 a month for EVERYTHING to be streamable via Netflix.

Absolutely.... they need to get everything to stream. I think with this new option that they are working up to it.

psuexv
11-23-2010, 11:28 AM
It's gotten a lot better than it was though.

Without a doubt. I remember trying to watch the Instant Play and there was so much buffering it was ridiculous. I was a little skeptical about it this time around but it's really been smooth.

JBHuskers
11-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Without a doubt. I remember trying to watch the Instant Play and there was so much buffering it was ridiculous. I was a little skeptical about it this time around but it's really been smooth.

The quality of movies has gotten better too and there is a TON of TV too....that's what brought me back, again :D

For me I don't watch too many movies and TV shows so this kinda helps me get caught up with the world.

Marlowe
11-23-2010, 01:40 PM
I read this yesterday and switched to the 1 DVD out plan. The streaming only would be great but even some instant watch tv shows have DVD only seasons.

NatureBoy
02-26-2011, 08:52 PM
We have been thinking about getting netflix for awhile now so I hope you guys don't mind me asking a few questions. What system does it work on the best? PS3, 360 or Wii? What kinds of things to they have to chose from? Is it new release movies, just older movies or both? How about tv shows? Are there a good selection to chose from?

If we don't like it, can we canel at anytime or do you have to give a notice? Finally, do you get to stream movies and get a dvd in the mail or is it one or the other? I know these are a lot of questions. Thanks for all the info you can give me on this.

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 09:29 PM
I can't speak to your latter questions, but I know I have never heard a complaint from my friends (and there are many) that have Netflix about its selection. TV Shows, new releases, you name it, chances are they have it. The only complaint I've heard more than once in the last year is that not everything is available for instant streaming, and you have to actually wait for a disk. Seriously, if that's the biggest complaint the service can generate, it must be doing well.

I know On Demand cable services have recently started advertising certain movies that they get "before Netflix and Redbox", if memory serves. That tells me that Netflix gets New Releases pretty quickly, but not always on Release Day.

I OU a Beatn
02-26-2011, 11:29 PM
It's about the same on PS3/360 really. I don't know why, but it seems to stream a bit quicker on my 360, but the difference is like 2-3 seconds per video, so it's not a big deal.

Most of the stuff is older released movies. They have a few newer ones, but not nearly the selection of newer stuff I'd like. They have a pretty large library of TV shows, which I what I use it for mostly. That's strictly speaking of the instant streaming. They have newer stuff and a LOT more when it comes to their DVD selection. They have various plans. They have a streaming only, streaming + 1 DVD out at a time, etc...You can check the pricing on their site.

You can cancel anytime. If you sign up and use a credit card, you get a full month free before they charge you. If you decide you don't want it, cancel within the first 30 days and you don't pay a dime.

Also, you can use more than one streaming device at no extra cost. So if you wanna stream on the Wii, 360, and PS3 at the same time, you can.

psuexv
02-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah I'd pretty much agree with OU. Streaming is fast, it really depends though on your connection. We have streaming only and for $7.99 you can't beat it. LIke OU said if you get the DVD and streaming the selection is pretty much anything you want.

The nicest thing is the ability to stream on any device, PS3, Tivo and it even helps when we're out and my son is getting antsy and just pulled it up quick on my iphone and quiets him down.

NatureBoy
02-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks for all of the info guys. I signed up last night to the streaming only plan but it looks like i'm going to have to bump it up to the 1 dvd out plus streaming. There's not a lot of new stuff to watch. The good thing is the first month is free so I have until March 30 to decide if I want to keep it before getting charged.

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks for all of the info guys. I signed up last night to the streaming only plan but it looks like i'm going to have to bump it up to the 1 dvd out plus streaming. There's not a lot of new stuff to watch. The good thing is the first month is free so I have until March 30 to decide if I want to keep it before getting charged.

Instant streaming is pretty good for TV. I re-watch Pawn Stars. If you haven't seen it yet, watch The King Of Kong...great documentary.

CLW
02-28-2011, 09:53 AM
:( I have been trying to convince the wife for months that she/we should switch from her Blockbuster disc only account to Netflix. :bang:

For whatever reason, :dunno: she won't make the switch. It ticks me off that I could be streaming movies when I am on the road and she could do the same with the Wii which I never take with me when I travel.

Any suggestions on how I can win what has up until now been an unwinnable position?

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Tell her that Blockbuster may be no longer within a year :D (kinda true)

CLW
02-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Tell her that Blockbuster may be no longer within a year :D (kinda true)

LOL tried that one too when they filed for Bankruptcy. She shrugged it off and said if/when it happens we can just cancel the credit card payment and make the switch then.

SmoothPancakes
02-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Blockbuster is still around? Christ, I haven't seen a Blockbuster anywhere around this area for years and years now.

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Blockbuster is still around? Christ, I haven't seen a Blockbuster anywhere around this area for years and years now.

A few here in Lincoln have closed, but there are still a few that exist.

CLW
02-28-2011, 11:47 AM

A few here in Lincoln have closed, but there are still a few that exist.

LOL yeah we don't go to the brick and mortar store. I think the wife chose Blockbuster (back when we were dating) b/c they had a coupon every month for a free in-store rental. In their downward spiral they got rid of that part of the plan but my wife still kep the 3 out at a time plan.

lilheavy
02-28-2011, 03:53 PM
LOL yeah we don't go to the brick and mortar store. I think the wife chose Blockbuster (back when we were dating) b/c they had a coupon every month for a free in-store rental. In their downward spiral they got rid of that part of the plan but my wife still kep the 3 out at a time plan.

We still get to use our free coupons, 2 per month. Four stores are closing in Baton Rouge next month.

SmoothPancakes
02-28-2011, 06:14 PM

Well, first chance you get, like everyone else, I completely recommend Netflix. I spend hours upon hours every week on Netflix on my 360 (plus PC when on the road for vacation or work or other trips), with easily 100+ movies sitting in my Instant Watch queue, plus the 1 DVD for stuff not available (yet) for Instant Watch.

JeffHCross
02-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Tell her that Blockbuster may be no longer within a year :D (kinda true)When I worked at Movie Gallery (formerly second largest chain in the country behind Blockbuster), we had a promotion where we would give pre-paid cards to the store for a certain price. It's been so long I don't remember the deal ... but it was a decent deal.

Anyway, we had this guy come in and he was renting enough movies that his due amount would have paid for the card, it would have been cheaper, and he would have still had money on the card. He was so convinced I was trying to swindle him ("What if you go bankrupt?!"), that he refused to buy the card. He just kept asking questions like "what if you're not around in a year", that when JB mentioned Blockbuster going belly up, it reminded me of that.

CLW
03-01-2011, 11:01 AM
When I worked at Movie Gallery (formerly second largest chain in the country behind Blockbuster), we had a promotion where we would give pre-paid cards to the store for a certain price. It's been so long I don't remember the deal ... but it was a decent deal.

Anyway, we had this guy come in and he was renting enough movies that his due amount would have paid for the card, it would have been cheaper, and he would have still had money on the card. He was so convinced I was trying to swindle him ("What if you go bankrupt?!"), that he refused to buy the card. He just kept asking questions like "what if you're not around in a year", that when JB mentioned Blockbuster going belly up, it reminded me of that.

LOL that is the very reason I didn't renew my XM subscription in my car. The price doesn't bother me that much (considering how much I drive for work) its the what if they go under.

JBHuskers
03-01-2011, 01:34 PM
LOL that is the very reason I didn't renew my XM subscription in my car. The price doesn't bother me that much (considering how much I drive for work) its the what if they go under.

But since they merged with Sirius, doesn't that make it more stable?

CLW
03-01-2011, 01:57 PM
But since they merged with Sirius, doesn't that make it more stable?

Meh you still hear rumblings about them folding. When the economy tanked people considered their XM radio a "luxury" they could do without (and I agree).

The stock is trading at like < $2 last I checked.

The merger would be like GM and Chrysler merging to make one uberly bad automobile company.

jaymo76
03-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the future... everything we know today will literally be gone tomorrow

NatureBoy
03-16-2011, 09:14 AM
The following WWE releases were added to Netflix's streaming service yesterday:

*The True Story of Wrestlemania Vol. 1
* WWE's Top 50 Superstars
* Bobby Heenan
* The John Cena Experience
* The Rise and Fall of WCW
* Breaking the Code: Chris Jericho
* Ricky Steamboat
* Hart and Soul - The Hart Family Anthology

I watched The True Story of Wrestlemania Vol. 1 last night. Recommended viewing for all wrestling fans.

JBHuskers
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM
The following WWE releases were added to Netflix's streaming service yesterday:

*The True Story of Wrestlemania Vol. 1
* WWE's Top 50 Superstars
* Bobby Heenan
* The John Cena Experience
* The Rise and Fall of WCW
* Breaking the Code: Chris Jericho
* Ricky Steamboat
* Hart and Soul - The Hart Family Anthology

I watched The True Story of Wrestlemania Vol. 1 last night. Recommended viewing for all wrestling fans.

I heard there was a lot of WWE stuff added. This makes me :))

A couple weeks ago they added the new Big Show DVD, it was really good. Gave some great insight into his family and the WCW days.

JBHuskers
07-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Great quote in regards to the Netflix price hike....

"People don't calculate hourly entertainment value very well."

mrh61988
07-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Have you watched "The True Story of Wrestlemania" yet. I was really impressed how good it was.

JBHuskers
07-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Have you watched "The True Story of Wrestlemania" yet. I was really impressed how good it was.

Yep, did a couple weeks ago. Really liked it. I just started the Rise and Fall of WCW but haven't finished it yet.

mrh61988
07-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Yep, did a couple weeks ago. Really liked it. I just started the Rise and Fall of WCW but haven't finished it yet.That one was really interesting. I got into wresting right before the WCW/NWO stuff started and finding out how they got from that peak to burying the company was crazy.

JBHuskers
10-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Netflix just added Storage Wars :up: been wanting to check that show out from the beginning.

They also added The Wonder Years.

psuexv
10-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Netflix just added Storage Wars :up: been wanting to check that show out from the beginning.

They also added The Wonder Years.

And Super Troopers :up:

JBHuskers
10-04-2011, 02:37 PM
And Super Troopers :up:

Already got that on DVD and Blu Ray :D

natcret
10-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Dish Network bought Blockbuster out of bankruptcy court for $234 million five months ago.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2011-09-23/dish-blockbuster-movie-pass-netflix/50531666/1

JBHuskers
10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Yeah those commercials are starting to air now. Saw one last weekend.

JBHuskers
10-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Netflix has struck a deal with AMC, and will have The Walking Dead season 1 available on instant stream.

psuexv
10-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Netflix has struck a deal with AMC, and will have The Walking Dead season 1 available on instant stream.

Yeah you need to follow Netflix Instant on Twitter, they posted this the other day
http://tapatalk.com/mu/4a5e2902-5507-c064.jpg

JBHuskers
10-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Yeah I got it from the official Netflix account today :D

JBHuskers
10-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Netflix Abandons Plan to Rent DVDs on Qwikster (http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/netflix-abandons-plan-to-rent-dvds-on-qwikster/)

AustinWolv
10-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Was glad to see that news.

bdoughty
10-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Good news for Netflix users. I was tired of seeing the company run by lunatics and went with the Blockbuster DVD by mail deal.

JBHuskers
03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Lots of cool stuff added just recently on instant stream. Chasing Ghosts, the Pac-Man championship documentary from '82, and the entire run of Saved By The Bell.

Marlowe
03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Lots of cool stuff added just recently on instant stream. Chasing Ghosts, the Pac-Man championship documentary from '82, and the entire run of Saved By The Bell.

I watched Chasing Ghosts this past weekend. The funny thing is that they were glitching way back then as well lol. I won't lie. I used the pencil between the fingers button mashing technique too. And now I've dated myself lol. :blush:

JBHuskers
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
I watched Chasing Ghosts this past weekend. The funny thing is that they were glitching way back then as well lol. I won't lie. I used the pencil between the fingers button mashing technique too. And now I've dated myself lol. :blush:

:D :D

There are also a lot of MSNBC documentaries ranging from Google to Budweiser that I've added. Not sure if they're any good or not, but hope so, there are quite a few of them out there.

JBHuskers
05-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Drive is now in the instant streaming. Definitely a great movie if you haven't seen it yet.

psuexv
05-31-2012, 09:49 PM
GI Joe the cartoon 1st season recently added :nod:

JBHuskers
05-31-2012, 11:32 PM
GI Joe the cartoon 1st season recently added :nod:

A TON of 80's cartoons were recently added, f'n rocks!

souljahbill
06-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Not gonna lie. I just saw that Jem is on Netflix and I plan on watching EVERY episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
06-01-2012, 04:35 AM
I've been watching old Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes. Could have sworn there were some I hadn't seen, but I'm half-way through season 1 without running into one yet.

AustinWolv
06-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Not gonna lie. I just saw that Jem is on Netflix and I plan on watching EVERY episode.

Um....

My wife loved that cartoon as a kid and recently started letting our 4.5 year old girl watch it. She likes it. Not as much as My Little Pony and She-Ra though, I think. She likes Pound Puppies too.

Just sayin'.

AustinWolv
06-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Any of y'all watch Armadillo? That was pretty good, along the lines of Restrepo.

JBHuskers
06-01-2012, 12:53 PM
What Planet Are You From? (http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/What_Planet_Are_You_From/60000164?trkid=3777158) is now in stream....

LOVE this movie. John Goodman, Gary Shandling, Greg Kinnear, and

Annette Benning :drool: (one of the original cougars)

psuexv
06-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Annette Benning.... are you freaking serious? With this and the I'd Hit it Thread :fp:

JBHuskers
06-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Don't hate.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/gal/RunningWithScissors/04_400.jpg

Escobar
06-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Is Netflix down? I can't get in on my PS3, and when I try to go to their website it says error 505 back end server unreachable.

gschwendt
06-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Don't worry, you're not the only one: Netflix is currently down, admins hard at work (http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/30/netflix-is-down/)

souljahbill
06-30-2012, 05:13 AM
I've been waiting for them to add Captain America all month. The week they added Thor to instant streaming, they said Captain America would be out by the end of the month. Seeing "The Avengers" on my Disney Cruise earlier made me want to watch all the pre-Avengers movies.

JBHuskers
08-01-2012, 12:36 PM
ESPN 30 for 30 and other ESPN Films documentaries now on Netflix :up:

CLW
08-01-2012, 01:03 PM

How much is Netflix these days? Tempted to do it but not really sure how the streaming works. I think my t.v. has a netflix app and of course the ps3 and my pc i assume would also work.

JBHuskers
08-01-2012, 01:13 PM
How much is Netflix these days? Tempted to do it but not really sure how the streaming works. I think my t.v. has a netflix app and of course the ps3 and my pc i assume would also work.

Stream only is $7.99 a month.

psuexv
08-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Also most smartphones have Netflix apps

AustinWolv
08-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. There are quite a few I missed.

JBHuskers
08-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. There are quite a few I missed.

For some reason I still have the Bartman one on the DVR and have yet to watch it :D maybe I can't bring myself to watch it. But at least I can delete it from the DVR now.

CLW
08-01-2012, 02:32 PM
For some reason I still have the Bartman one on the DVR and have yet to watch it :D maybe I can't bring myself to watch it. But at least I can delete it from the DVR now.

My wife (then girlfriend) and I went to Game 2 of that NLCS when she was in medical school in Chicago. I believe it was the only home games the Cubs won in that series. In fact, I don't think the Cubs have EVER lost a game at Wrigley when my wife and I were in attendance. Just sayin' :nod:

JBHuskers
08-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Hell On Wheels is now on Netflix....I've wanted to check this out!

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Hell_on_Wheels/70210883?trkid=7806656

SmoothPancakes
08-16-2012, 10:25 AM

It's a good show. I watched all of season one on TV, season two just started Sunday night on AMC. I had to work Sunday, so I didn't get to see the season 1 marathon on AMC, so I may have fire up Netflix sometime between today and Sunday and watch season 1 again to re-familiarize myself with the happenings of the first season. It had been since last winter that season 1 was on, I was sort of blank on the details of some of what happened as season 2 started up.

psuexv
08-16-2012, 01:58 PM

Awesome. I started to watch it last year but quit after 3 or so episodes. I liked it but just had too much going on.

JBHuskers
08-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Now on Netflix :up:

http://hellford667.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/bad_ass_poster-danny-trejo.jpg

psuexv
01-31-2013, 11:47 AM
Not sure if this is their 1st original show but it looks like a good one.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/House_of_Cards/70178217?mqso=81001594&utm_source=buffer&buffer_share=7c245

oweb26
01-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Not sure if this is their 1st original show but it looks like a good one.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/House_of_Cards/70178217?mqso=81001594&utm_source=buffer&buffer_share=7c245

Haven't watched this one; it isn't their first though the first original show is "lilyhammer", I would say its okay nothing too great but I have definitely seen worse.

psuexv
01-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Haven't watched this one; it isn't their first though the first original show is "lilyhammer", I would say its okay nothing too great but I have definitely seen worse.

This one premiers Feb. 1st.

oweb26
01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
ahhh I saw it at the top of the screen when I was letting my kids watch cartoons on netflix but didn't pay too much attention to it. I thought it was already playing.

JBHuskers
05-28-2013, 12:30 PM
End of Watch was just added. Been wanting to see that movie.

The new season of Arrested Development is out there too (which is a Netflix exclusive). Never watched the show, but might catch up sometime.

oweb26
05-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Its a pretty Good movie

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

morsdraconis
06-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Anyone looking for an interesting as down the center political view wise as I've been able to find documentary on the state of the government and it's lack of bi-partisan cooperation, look no further than Patriocracy. It's quite good and really hits home how totally fucked our current government mentality is with politicians worrying more about keeping favor with their special interest groups and less about working together to get the country out of a debt that has spanned from 2001 to current day without a single tax increase to support the exorbitant amount of money that has been spent by all sides of the government.

If you are someone that watches Fox News, MSNBC, Bill Mahar, or any of the other ridiculously slanted to one side or the other entertainment programs that mask themselves as news programs, you'll probably want to stay away from this documentary. You'll just end up just hating it because it's just not intended for those that want nothing more than politically slanted views on things, be that the right or the left.

Marlowe
06-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Watched a pretty good documentary this morning called Undefeated about the Manassas High School Football team.

http://youtu.be/ckku5qEt-vA

Escobar
06-30-2013, 11:57 PM
I need to watch that. Ran track in college with a group of people from Memphis, and they are some crazy mf'ers. Some of the most athletic people too, but three of them just left school and went back to Memphis in the middle of the semester without telling anybody.

Escobar
07-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Has anyone watched House of Cards? If so how is it?

texacotea
07-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Undefeated was very good. Thanks for he suggestion

morsdraconis
07-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Has anyone watched House of Cards? If so how is it?

If you like Kevin Spacey, it's worth the watch, but it, most definitely, isn't grounded in reality.

oweb26
07-02-2013, 10:48 AM
If you like Kevin Spacey, it's worth the watch, but it, most definitely, isn't grounded in reality.

Not ground breaking but still pretty good.

If you like House of Lies you will like house of cards they are very similar just different settings.

AustinWolv
07-02-2013, 12:46 PM

On the flip-side, my stepdad-in-law was the campaign manager for a longtime Senator and loves the series, saying there was plenty of reality built into it.

morsdraconis
07-02-2013, 01:28 PM
On the flip-side, my stepdad-in-law was the campaign manager for a longtime Senator and loves the series, saying there was plenty of reality built into it.

Oh, there is definitely reality in the happenings in the show, but the relationships and the characters just aren't grounded in reality. The best character of the show is also the most flawed character in his thought processes and his relationship with his wife. Reality would not allow to have happen what happens in that show.

AustinWolv
07-02-2013, 01:34 PM
You'd be surprised what happens in DC.

JBHuskers
07-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Was looking around for new stuff on Netflix and found this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvsjnxPr0bQ

SCClassof93
07-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Yeah, spiders, that is not going to work for me :smh:

JBHuskers
11-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Couple of fairly newer movies have been added today to stream:

Olympus Has Fallen

Flight

morsdraconis
11-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Nice! Flight is worth the first 10 minutes alone. You get to see this beautiful young woman naked for a good bit. ;)

http://funnycrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Nadine-Velazquez-12.jpg

souljahbill
11-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Always wanted to see Flight.

GatorfanStovy
11-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Flight was terrible. Enough said.

steelerfan
11-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Never heard of Flight, don't give a shit. However, I'll watch the first 10 minutes. :nod:

Thanks, mors. :fb:

SmoothPancakes
11-06-2013, 04:59 AM
Saw both Olympus Has Fallen and Flight, got them out of Redbox back in August. They were alright. Nothing really special about Flight. Other than those first 10 minutes that Mors alluded to, I doubt I'd bother ever watching it again. Olympus Has Fallen, it wasn't bad but it wasn't necessarily great. I'd probably give it another go on Netflix if I'm sitting there one night with nothing to watch.

JBHuskers
01-09-2014, 10:31 AM
The Schwarzenegger / Johnny Knoxville flick Last Stand is now on Netflix. I definitely wanted to catch it sometime.

oweb26
01-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Its not as bad as some of the reviewers gave it, its about a 6/7 out of 10.

Just pointless entertainment nothing more nothing less, if you are looking for Oscar material that movie is the incorrect place.

JBHuskers
01-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Its not as bad as some of the reviewers gave it, its about a 6/7 out of 10.

Just pointless entertainment nothing more nothing less, if you are looking for Oscar material that movie is the incorrect place.

Yeah I kinda figured :D I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Marlowe
01-13-2014, 08:56 AM
Found an iPhone app for Netflix called Instant Watcher. Unfortunately since Netflix changed some things it no longer gives you the "expiring soon" list which I found always helped if you have a huge queue list.

If you don't have an iphone there is also a website available: http://instantwatcher.com

JBHuskers
01-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Found an iPhone app for Netflix called Instant Watcher. Unfortunately since Netflix changed some things it no longer gives you the "expiring soon" list which I found always helped if you have a huge queue list.

If you don't have an iphone there is also a website available: http://instantwatcher.com

It's on Android too: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kaja.instantwatcher

ram29jackson
01-14-2014, 12:23 PM
http://filmjunk.com/images/weblog/2011/12/casademipadre.jpg

punter
01-28-2014, 07:03 PM
On number 57/120 ish of the wonder years....:popcorn:

JBHuskers
03-11-2014, 01:36 PM
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Blue_Is_the_Warmest_Color/70275600?trkid=438196

Blue Is The Warmest Color is on Netflix now. Why is this important? It's rated NC-17 due to an AMAZING TWELVE MINUTE lesbian sex scene. :nod:

morsdraconis
03-11-2014, 07:17 PM
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Blue_Is_the_Warmest_Color/70275600?trkid=438196

Blue Is The Warmest Color is on Netflix now. Why is this important? It's rated NC-17 due to an AMAZING TWELVE MINUTE lesbian sex scene. :nod:

Sex aside, it's a fuckin' amazing film as well.

GatorfanStovy
03-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Star Wars the clone wars series is on netflix now! Awesome! A few other updates as well.

JBHuskers
03-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Sex aside, it's a fuckin' amazing film as well.

Is it true that it is 3 hours long?

morsdraconis
03-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Is it true that it is 3 hours long?

(shrugs) I never even noticed it was that long.

It's a beautiful story and really well done. If I had 3 hours to spend, I'd totally watch it again right now.

Marlowe
03-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Enjoyed "Blue..." Thought it was interesting that both actresses admitted they would never work with the director again. Dude pushed them to the edge and beyond.

morsdraconis
03-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Enjoyed "Blue..." Thought it was interesting that both actresses admitted they would never work with the director again. Dude pushed them to the edge and beyond.

Yeah. I thought that was interesting as well.

JBHuskers
04-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Price to increase for new members on the streaming side.... (http://www.cnbc.com/id/101598532)

IMO, if they are going to raise the price, more newer movies should be added.

souljahbill
04-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Price to increase for new members on the streaming side.... (http://www.cnbc.com/id/101598532)

IMO, if they are going to raise the price, more newer movies should be added.

I doubt it. I bet it has everything to do with paying cable companies to not bottleneck Netflix access.

souljahbill
04-21-2014, 03:39 PM
I started watching How I Met Your Mother. I think I watched 5 episodes before stopping but what I saw was really funny.

jaymo76
04-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Overall I have been enjoying two new shows: Dusk Till Dawn (series) and The 100. I like most of what netflix has but they need a lot more movie selections imo.

bdoughty
04-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Started watching Gillian Anderson in the TV series, "The Fall." British drama targeting on a serial killer amongst other things. So far so good.

souljahbill
04-23-2014, 07:29 PM
I started watching How I Met Your Mother. I think I watched 5 episodes before stopping but what I saw was really funny.

This show is AWESOME! I'm in season 2 and between the Slap Bet episode and Barney's one-man play, I've never laughed harder. So fucking funny!

psuexv
04-23-2014, 07:45 PM
This show is AWESOME! I'm in season 2 and between the Slap Bet episode and Barney's one-man play, I've never laughed harder. So fucking funny!

I used to watch it when it was on. Really enjoyed the first few seasons, didn't care for it after awhile and stopped watching it

souljahbill
04-23-2014, 08:16 PM
I used to watch it when it was on. Really enjoyed the first few seasons, didn't care for it after awhile and stopped watching it

Sounds like most shows. By about season 5, shows start jumping the shark.

gschwendt
04-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Season 5 or 6 is where things start to go down hill... There are still a handful of good episodes each season but less than half.

morsdraconis
04-23-2014, 09:41 PM
I've watched every episode of HIMYM and loved them all. There are bad episodes, but my god are there good episodes too. Just stick with it. The show has some of the best writing ever and the planning they put into the show as a whole is remarkable.

bdoughty
04-26-2014, 09:21 AM
The Inbetweeners Season 3 is now available. Terrific show. A British version of Freaks and Geeks. (http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70223265?)

JBHuskers
05-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Machete Kills is now on Netflix!

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70272637?sod=search-autocomplete

bdoughty
06-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Finally a descent horror movie on Netflix. Wolf Creek 2. If you liked the first you will like this. Seeing the first is not required as only the killer is back.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70297644

Marlowe
07-01-2014, 07:31 PM
I've watched every episode of HIMYM and loved them all. There are bad episodes, but my god are there good episodes too. Just stick with it. The show has some of the best writing ever and the planning they put into the show as a whole is remarkable.

Mors, I heard the last season and the finale sucked. Is that true? Haven't watched the final season yet. Been waiting for Netflix. Favorite ep intro has to be Barney's Jesus 3 day rule.

morsdraconis
07-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Mors, I heard the last season and the finale sucked. Is that true? Haven't watched the final season yet. Been waiting for Netflix. Favorite ep intro has to be Barney's Jesus 3 day rule.

I depends on a few things. If you like ALL of the characters in the show, then you'll like the ending no matter what. If there are some characters you dislike, you'll end up disliking the ending.

bdoughty
07-26-2014, 09:41 PM
free of charge

Said company streams movies and TV shows from torrents

Downloading copyrighted material may be illegal in your country. Use at your own risk.

Posting how to freely watch copyrighted material, that would be illegal in the US, is still a no-no here. It's piracy.

steelerfan
07-26-2014, 10:55 PM
:ram?:

ram29jackson
07-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Said company streams movies and TV shows from torrents

Downloading copyrighted material may be illegal in your country. Use at your own risk.

Posting how to freely watch copyrighted material, that would be illegal in the US, is still a no-no here. It's piracy.

LOL what are you scared of little pussycat ? I've already watched a couple movies on it

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2014, 08:48 PM
:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

The dumbass is strong with this one. :fp:

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2014, 09:53 PM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Gifs/chris_hansen.gif

steelerfan
07-27-2014, 10:43 PM
This shit is creepy as fuck. :D:D:D

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Ram apparently has a little Asian fetish. :D

steelerfan
07-27-2014, 10:55 PM
OK, I don't want to look anymore. Motherfucker has shoes with my name and Smooth's name on them on page 30.

WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2014, 11:22 PM
OK, I don't want to look anymore. Motherfucker has shoes with my name and Smooth's name on them on page 30.

WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That.....is incredibly disturbing. I never saw them because Ram has made his Photobucket private, but still disturbing as hell.

steelerfan
07-27-2014, 11:27 PM
That.....is incredibly disturbing. I never saw them because Ram has made his Photobucket private, but still disturbing as hell.

Yours were blue and gold cleats that said "Smooth" on them. Below the picture it said, "SmoothPancakes ram29jackson". :smh:

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2014, 11:29 PM
Yours were blue and gold cleats that said "Smooth" on them. Below the picture it said, "SmoothPancakes ram29jackson". :smh:

Oooookkkk.....

CLW, you're a lawyer. :D What do I need to do to file a restraining order for someone in another state? File in my state or file in their state or both?

steelerfan
07-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Since it's private now, I went to my browser history on my PS4 (that's where I was looking at it). Here it is, I'll send you a screenshot on PSN too.

SmoothPancakes
07-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Sweet Jesus... :smh:

bdoughty
07-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Pretty sure Ted Bundy spent some time in California in the late 60's.

http://i.imgur.com/4BRDSHJ.jpg

bdoughty
07-28-2014, 12:36 AM
Oooookkkk.....

CLW, you're a lawyer. :D What do I need to do to file a restraining order for someone in another state? File in my state or file in their state or both?

http://i.imgur.com/vYhHJIX.jpg

bdoughty
07-28-2014, 12:48 AM

Might want to rename that photo Evidence Example A. Sorry Smooth, RIP.

bdoughty
07-28-2014, 12:51 AM
Oh hell, those shoes came from a thread here a few years ago and you both posted in it. (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5219-The-Steelerfan-quot-official-design-your-own-Adidas-thread-quot)

Just knocked the creep level back down a notch but there was plenty already there.

steelerfan
07-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Yeah.

Chilling.

SmoothPancakes
07-28-2014, 01:21 AM
Alright, I forgot about that thread. Still a LOT of disturbing stuff in those pictures. And Ram's mother should wash his mouth out with soap for some of the things he called Buckeye on OS or VG or wherever the hell those posts were from.

I just wish I had saved those two pictures of the Asian chicks. Ram's holding out on us with "I'd Hit It" thread material. :D

steelerfan
07-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Phew!

I forgot that thread too. Jesus though, I didn't see cdj or JB or Tommy shoes in his photobucket. Why save ours? Why did he put my name in the thread title?

jaymo76
07-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Read in the paper today that Jerry Seinfeld is trying to get Seinfeld onto Netflix. Man that would be sweet. I would be watching the "Keith Hernandez episode first.

psuexv
07-29-2014, 03:11 PM
This looks pretty cool. Have never heard this story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA76b5Hhvxg

JBHuskers
07-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Read in the paper today that Jerry Seinfeld is trying to get Seinfeld onto Netflix. Man that would be sweet. I would be watching the "Keith Hernandez episode first.

I'm still mad that Married with Children got pulled off.

Marlowe
08-04-2014, 02:26 PM
The Killing is back on Netflix for its final season. Wasn't bad for only 6 episodes. It picks up right after season 3 ends.

bdoughty
08-04-2014, 07:08 PM
The Killing is back on Netflix for its final season. Wasn't bad for only 6 episodes. It picks up right after season 3 ends.

Was getting ready to start season 4 tonight. I love the show and the end of the first season never really bothered me.

bdoughty
08-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Moderately amused with the final season up to the last 30 minutes or so. Stuff gets wrapped up far to easily and not in a logical manner, based on the characters history, especially the Skinner Suicide (really?). Every few minutes there was one eye roll after another, right up to the credits rolling. Someone needs to put a stopwatch every time Linden went into one of those "pained expressions" that seems to last forever.

Marlowe
10-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Yeah the killing ending was a bit underwhelming.

On another note Netflix added quite a few more tv shows...Peaky Blinders looks good so far. Think season 2 comes out in November.

JBHuskers
09-16-2015, 03:08 PM
This would be a good get....

All Six Star Wars Films May Be Heading To Netflix Soon (http://epicstream.com/news/All-Six-Star-Wars-Films-May-Be-Heading-To-Netflix-Soon)

JBHuskers
11-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Since the thread title was changed, thought I'd post this ;)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-evGEGQRxSe8/VkTPeGIXB8I/AAAAAAAAHaE/Ysevman8slc/w426-h757/Screenshot_2015-11-12-11-41-54.png

skipwondah33
11-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Hate when I hear this phrase and term :D

JBHuskers
11-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Hate when I hear this phrase and term :D

I know, I think it's stupid. I guess that's what the kids say to get someone over to bone.

AustinWolv
11-12-2015, 03:45 PM
I know, I think it's stupid. I guess that's what the kids say to get someone over to bone.
So, it replaced "want to come over and watch a video" from our younger years, eh?

Peaky Blinders looks good so far
Tried watching that earlier this year and couldn't get past a couple episodes. Had potential but was lacking something to draw one in.

skipwondah33
11-12-2015, 04:18 PM
So, it replaced "want to come over and watch a video" from our younger years, eh?That sounds less stupid than the stuff they use now atleast lol. Hell "lets hangout" works as well haha

I'm just old lol

JBHuskers
11-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Or just hey wanna hangout, then when you get here I'll jump your bones on the couch.

SmoothPancakes
11-12-2015, 04:43 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/4ac65f86d390c9a3a51aa281813e65c3.jpg

souljahbill
11-12-2015, 08:40 PM
So, it replaced "want to come over and watch a video" from our younger years, eh?

EXACTLY! When I was in college, it was just, "Come over and watch a movie......and hang out"

LMFAO!

jaymo76
11-12-2015, 11:28 PM
http://nowaygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/netflix-and-chill-memes-02-640x640.jpg

JBHuskers
11-20-2015, 11:33 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8BRy8d4Fdyo/Vk9ZVwOuRJI/AAAAAAAAHj0/iUxvREh2voQ/w530-d-h704-p-rw/netflix.jpg

cdj
11-20-2015, 12:30 PM
Marvel's Jessica Jones is now available on Netflix.

psuexv
11-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Marvel's Jessica Jones is now available on Netflix.

Will probably start tonight....it looks really good

bdoughty
12-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Broadchurch Season 2 is available. Not as good as the first season but worth a look.

bdoughty
12-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Just getting around to watching Bloodlines. Holy crap the guy who plays Danny has some serious acting chops.

psuexv
12-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Watched Ridiculous 6 last night, Adam Sandler movie he did for Netflix. I enjoyed it.

cdj
12-28-2015, 07:35 PM
I keep hearing good things about 'Making a Murderer' on Netflix. Anyone here watched it yet?

Marlowe
12-31-2015, 01:27 PM
I keep hearing good things about 'Making a Murderer' on Netflix. Anyone here watched it yet?

If you like true crime you'll enjoy it. I liked it but then it's kinda work related so I'm biased. [emoji106]

bdoughty
01-01-2016, 08:13 AM
One episode in and it looks pretty good.

bdoughty
01-02-2016, 09:26 AM
After two episodes I just can't invest 8+ more hours in this and just read up on everything. It's like watching "Paradise Lost" once again. The filmmakers are obviously pointing the camera in one direction and while there is a ton of corruption and people you just want to smack in the mouth, a bunch of things are left out that are pretty important. Things that point against what the filmmakers want you to see. They invested ten years making this and you have to factor that in when deciding to watch. The biggest problem with the majority of documentaries, agendas are always pushed.

The only bright side was no Johnny Depp. I still think the "West Memphis Three" got away with murder so fuck you Depp.

* Spoilers on things not seen in the documentary (http://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articles/evidenceagainstavery.html)

jaymo76
01-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Really wish Netflix would post something in the app showing how long a show/series has left in the Netflix vault. Multiple times now I have listed a show as a favourite and then go back to watch it at a later date and it's gone.

cdj
01-04-2016, 03:15 PM
There is a report that Daredevil season two will be on Netflix March 25 (http://comicbook.com/2016/01/04/daredevil-season-2-to-debut-march-25th-against-batman-v-superman/), the same day that Batman v Superman is in theaters.

psuexv
01-04-2016, 03:59 PM
There is a report that Daredevil season two will be on Netflix March 25 (http://comicbook.com/2016/01/04/daredevil-season-2-to-debut-march-25th-against-batman-v-superman/), the same day that Batman v Superman is in theaters.

:up:

About 7 episodes in, really liking it

JBHuskers
01-04-2016, 04:37 PM
I need to check out Soaked In Bleach.

steelerfan
01-04-2016, 04:43 PM
I need to check out Soaked In Bleach.
I watched it a few weeks ago. It was interesting. Worth watching.

JBHuskers
01-04-2016, 04:56 PM
I watched it a few weeks ago. It was interesting. Worth watching.

Yeah I heard it will just cement what I've thought all along about Courtney.

bdoughty
01-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Making a Murderer should be officially renamed, "Making a Moron x 200,000."

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-free-steven-avery

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pardon-steven-avery-and-brendan-dassey-their-alleged-involvement-murder-teresa-halbach

All based on a documentary telling one side of the story. Now the real question is how many of these people want Steven Avery as their next door neighbor?

baseballplyrmvp
01-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Anyone watch longmire? Really good show, IMO.

bdoughty
01-05-2016, 05:20 AM

Love it, glad Netflix saved it and have no clue why A&E axed it. They were still averaging more than 3 mil viewers per episode before A&E let them go, far more than Storage Whores, WahlEburgers and Donnie loves a psychopath. It's up there with HBO cancelling Deadwood.

cdj
01-05-2016, 08:00 AM

Yep, but need to binge-watch the latest season if/when I get Netflix again.

bdoughty - I saw an article that the new lady in charge of A&E prefers inexpensive reality shows versus produced dramas which is why Longmire & The Glades were both axed. I'm hoping she has since been given her pink slip.

Marlowe
01-05-2016, 08:42 AM
All based on a documentary telling one side of the story.

That's usually the case with most "true" crime documentaries. As far as those people wanting him set free... [emoji1]

cdj
01-07-2016, 06:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXyW4Cuwphg

psuexv
01-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Just when Matt thinks he is bringing order back to the city, new forces are rising in Hell’s Kitchen. Now the Man Without Fear must take on a new adversary in Frank Castle and face an old flame – Elektra Natchios.

AustinWolv
01-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Frank Castle is badass.

bdoughty
01-25-2016, 04:41 PM
From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series Season 2 is up. I enjoyed the first season but it was not quite as good as the movie.

cdj
02-25-2016, 08:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY

steelerfan
04-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Starting in May, Netflix will begin raising their price to $9.99 per month for all of their old customers (like me) who have been paying $7.99.

Anyone who has signed up since May 2014 is already paying $9.99.

jaymo76
04-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Starting in May, Netflix will begin raising their price to $9.99 per month for all of their old customers (like me) who have been paying $7.99.

Anyone who has signed up since May 2014 is already paying $9.99.

Welcome to Canada! All of the same great service and on average $2 more. lol.

jaymo76
04-08-2016, 08:14 PM
From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series Season 2 is up. I enjoyed the first season but it was not quite as good as the movie.

Loved the first season. Not a huge fan of season two. Seems like success came from the movie tie in and not so much from off the script. It's still a decent show though.

SmoothPancakes
04-09-2016, 05:37 AM
I think I've already been paying $9.99. I had the service at the old price, but there was a point a year ago that I let it lapse for a couple months as my credit card had expired and I didn't update it. I wasn't using Netflix much then so I didn't bother to update it so it could renew. So when I finally renewed it earlier this year, I think it bumped me up to $9.99.

bdoughty
06-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Just finished two new seasons of Netflix originals.

Bloodline Season 2: Surprised me. I thought it would turn to crap after the ending of season one but there was a pretty good story still left to be told. It will not end with Season 2 as shit gets real messed up toward the end. Leguizamo's character was a great addition.

Peaky Blinders Season 3: Started really slow, which is a shame as it only has six episodes but it is still a top tier show. Tom Hardy who plays Alfie shows up toward the end and is easily the best character on the show. They should make a spin-off of his character or a movie.

bdoughty
09-01-2016, 05:27 PM
The final episode of The It Crowd (1 hr special) hits Netflix US today.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70140450

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=SRThe%20IT%20Crowd%20%2F%20Series%205%2 0TV%202013%20trailer&v=aQXpVhBCT7s

bdoughty
10-26-2016, 11:03 PM
If you enjoy Vikings, give The Last Kingdom a shot. It has similar characters but is told from the Saxon side of things and while it is still fictional, as is the main character, in many areas it does seem a little more historically accurate than Vikings.

cdj
11-30-2016, 08:34 AM
Netflix has added an offline mode, allowing users to download movies/episodes to watch on the go. :up:

cdj
02-06-2017, 08:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Egf5U8xLo8

steelerfan
03-05-2017, 12:11 AM
I'd highly recommend the movie, "Spotlight". It's very telling of just how much power certain institutions hold.

Disgusting.

bdoughty
05-16-2017, 06:25 PM
Sherlock Season 4 now on Netflix. :))

cdj
07-21-2017, 05:39 AM
First they got Brad Pitt for a Netflix movie, now Will Smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko

cdj
07-22-2017, 07:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4

Rudy
08-01-2017, 05:01 AM
We have started watching Bloodlines. Pretty good two episodes.

Read that Netflix is piling up debt while creating new content. They did say subscribers were up 25% this year so it must be working.

bdoughty
08-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Beware of Bloodline. Season 1 is terrific. Season 2 is passable. Season 3 (the final season), which is pretty new, is 10 hours of your life that could be better spent doing anything else. The last two episodes are just unwatchable and does not resolve anything related to a few of the main characters. The actual ending, well...

Think Sopranos, without any of the intrigue as to what happened to Tony. It just ends, as if there was to be a season 4.

Rudy
08-01-2017, 04:18 PM
I won't read the spoilers but that is disappointing that a series goes downhill.

bdoughty
08-19-2017, 01:37 AM
3 episodes in with Ozark (Netflix original w Jason Bateman) and it is not bad. It is no Breaking Bad, which many reviewers were comparing it to but a nice stop-gap if you have one.

cdj
08-22-2017, 09:53 AM
I watched 'What Happened to Monday' (trailer a page back, I think) and thought it was pretty good.

bdoughty
09-05-2017, 07:25 AM
Narcos Season 3 just released and was a lot better than the first two seasons. You can even jump straight to season 3 if you are new to it

Time line minor spoiler but not really, just covering my arse.

First two seasons are mostly about Escobar and his cartel, season three focuses on the Cali Cartel, which I found much more interesting.

Spoilers until you have finished season 3.

Look like a season 4 will exist and we will be moving down to Mexico and possibly El Chapo?

bdoughty
09-15-2017, 07:40 AM
American Vandal is a pretty funny satire on the true-crime genre. Someone painted 27 dicks on the teachers cars and there is only one suspect. Is he the culprit or did someone frame him? You get the gist. Not something you want to watch in front of the kids. Only 2 episodes in but much better than I was expecting. Falls under the, "that is so stupid it is hilarious, because I get those references." The end of the second episode was brilliant. I think Funny or Die was behind it.

bdoughty
09-29-2017, 09:22 AM
Netflix added an older (mid 2000) Canadian drama, "Intelligence" a few months ago. Lead Actress is the star of the show. Midway into the second season and I still can't tell if it is a mockumentary of Canadian crime mobs or at the American mobs and the love of violence to solve problems. I have enjoyed the show but why is the main bosses made to be such pussy? Even the rival boss, who deals in harder stuff than Marijuana is pretty sad. Not even a rival, they team up so many times I just laughed. Still a really good show and wished it went for more than two seasons. The "Intelligence" part is great, the rest...

Under Boss: We need to kill someone, to show power.
Boss: Negotiate.
Under Boss: They just took out three of our men.
Under Boss: They are coming to kill you.
Under Boos: They are outside the door with guns.
Boss: Ne-------go--------ti-------------ate.

cdj
12-30-2017, 09:28 PM
Was able to watch Stranger Things 2 during Christmas travels.

No spoilers: I enjoyed it and was impressed how well it was seemingly a continuation of season one. It'll be interesting to see where they go with season three and also how they handle a cast of kids who are at a point where they can age relatively fast and differently from others.

Rudy
12-31-2017, 10:43 AM
I just finished watching season 2 and really liked it as well. The producers said they would build a year gap for the next season to account for the kids actually aging. They plan on 4-5 seasons.

Heard good things about Dark, Mind Hunter and Alias Grace. Will have to check them out too.

steelerfan
12-31-2017, 06:12 PM
I watched the first episode and a half of Mind Hunter and want to get into it. The concept is great but I haven't been able to get back to it.

cdj
02-04-2018, 07:17 PM
New Cloverfield movie debuts on Netflix immediately following Super Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8brYvhEg5Aw

I knew Netflix had the rights to this film, but all speculation was that it would be released in March or April. This was a well-kept secret.

cdj
02-05-2018, 12:01 AM
I just finished The Cloverfield Paradoz, but won't post anything about it for a few days to avoid spoilers since it just came out a few hours ago.

I will say that it was really nice to watch a film where my opinion going in wasn't influenced positively or negatively based on ad campaign overkill or misdirection, critics, user reviews, etc. (The only thing that created any pre-conceived notion was the Cloverfield name as I liked the original and 10 Cloverfield Lane.) I hope more studios put films straight to streaming services like this in the future.

Rudy
02-10-2018, 07:02 AM
Finally finished watching Dark. The show was good but not great. It’s been compared to stranger Things but it’s not really a good comparison. Both have sci-fi elements but that’s about it. This show is about a time rift and it is interesting. The world is dark and on the cruel side with how people treat each other. Most characters are a form of grey. Some are jerks.

I think my biggest beef with the show is that you never really care about any of the characters. They are interesting but the show is about the story and they take a backseat. In stranger things you love the kids. Not so here. Also, it is a larger cast and keeping track of who is who gets tricky unless you binge watch. It’s also a German original and so the voices are dubbed and they did a poor job of providing variety among the voices. Too many people sound too similar.

Overall it’s a solid show I would give an 8/10. No higher.

jaymo76
02-17-2018, 10:20 PM
I just finished The Cloverfield Paradoz, but won't post anything about it for a few days to avoid spoilers since it just came out a few hours ago.

I will say that it was really nice to watch a film where my opinion going in wasn't influenced positively or negatively based on ad campaign overkill or misdirection, critics, user reviews, etc. (The only thing that created any pre-conceived notion was the Cloverfield name as I liked the original and 10 Cloverfield Lane.) I hope more studios put films straight to streaming services like this in the future.

Okay.... I wanted to like this movie as I actually loved the original Cloverfield. I've come to the conclusion that this movie isn't a sequel or a prequel.

It's a weird concoction of space/horror/comedy with a 10 second clip related to the original Cloverfield right at the end. I still don't know how to feel about the movie. I mean it was interesting but it's in no way shape or form a movie about Cloverfield. Apparently it only became attached to Cloverfield well after it began filming...

bdoughty
06-11-2018, 06:02 AM
Did you watch Making of a Murderer or the one about the Nun that was killed whose title escapes me right now but was the better of the two docs?

Check out The Staircase. What was once a documentary about an American murder/accidental death that was documented by a French team and released in France. Got lucky after production when a bombshell is dropped and the documentary covers 2001 all the way to 2017. It is thirteen episodes and should have been about eight. It is severely one sideed, as with most documentaries but I think it chose the right side but like many of these True Crime Docs, do not go in expecting closure.

Bonus, the guy looks like and somewhat behave like John C. McGinley when he was the head doctor on Scrubs. Just eerie similar.

Seriously, almost 10 hours of staring at this mug.

https://i.imgur.com/hx6XLfZ.jpg

bdoughty
06-19-2018, 06:11 PM
Another crime doc that was really good, Evil Genius. It is about the pizza delivery guy that was blown up by a bomb attached to his body after robbing a bank back in 2003 in Erie, Pennsylvania.

Coming July 20th

http://youtu.be/S5GijgZTx5E

I see the trainwreck coming and I am the Train. So... Move. :D :up:

bdoughty
07-24-2018, 08:47 AM
Anyone else check out season 3 of Last Chance U? I had no idea there was a current football coach that could be a bigger asshole and egomaniac than Buddy Stephens. They found him. Nothing special as it is pretty much the same show with replacement coaches, players and teachers and more F bombs than you shake a stick at. The QB was the one I felt bad for. Probably would have been a better coach than the actual coach. Just suffered from, "Dad is living his life through me syndrome" and it led to numerous breakdowns at FSU and on the show. There was also a update on many of the players from season one and two. Of course a majority of the hour was spent on Brittany Wagner (shocker) and Isaiah Wright facing murder charges.

Poor timing for the show as they missed out on a championship right after they leave EMCC.

bdoughty
10-17-2018, 06:02 AM
If you are looking for a horror/drama show for Halloween, check out The Haunting of Hill House. It's less Horror than I expected but 5 episodes in I can see it being scary enough for most. Again this is my least favorite genre for Horror but I kept hearing good things. The story and family dynamics are what sells it. Family living in a Ghost house that runs two timeliness throughout for the main characters. As children and then 30 somethings. Normally child actors tend to grate on my nerves, especially when you consider how much time is devoted to them growing up and it being a 10 hour season. So far their acting has been top notch on all fronts.

Also the second season of Ozark great. I noticed some really bad reviews for it but to me it surpassed season one.

Rudy
10-17-2018, 07:04 AM
I'm not a real fan of horror movies. Too spooky lol. Viewed the first Saw movie and that was enough.

cdj
12-27-2018, 07:09 AM
Looks like a Black Mirror film releases on Netflix tomorrow (12/28):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM0xWpBYlNM

Rudy
12-27-2018, 07:09 PM
Bird Box was really good. Some people were calling this a super scary movie. It’s not. It’s a suspense. What Lies Beneath with Harrison Ford was scarier. It’s a suspense, apocalyptic type of movie. I would have liked more explanations of what really happened. But there were good actors and a solid story. You could probably poke holes in things if you want but my wife and I enjoyed it.

steelerfan
12-29-2018, 08:24 PM
So Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is an interactive movie with multiple endings. My daughter played through it earlier today and I'm about to do so myself.

cdj
12-30-2018, 08:05 PM
Let us know what you think of it, SF. I'm excited to play through it soon.

Rudy - I liked Bird Box as well. I've read some complaints on it, but I think most who don't like it have never watched a Netflix movie before. IMO, the ones I have watched all spent most of their money on the actors and not so much on the script. I think some expect them to look like a $300M epic, but these films don't even have a fraction of that budget.

Rudy
12-31-2018, 04:43 AM
Netflix spending $90M on Will Smith and Bright makes little sense to me. Spending $20M with a good Sandra Bullock film makes a lot more sense. It sent a Netflix record with 45M views in the first 7 days.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/30/18161741/bird-box-netflix-45-million-accounts-statistics-views

cdj
12-31-2018, 08:52 AM
Yeah, if they spend like that on films it's no wonder there were reports Netflix was majorly in the red a while back. They probably need to tone back on spending for stars & directors and work more on getting better scripts. There's no way they are getting a $90M return on Bright.

I saw an article this weekend that said Sony offered to sell the new Holmes & Watson to Netflix after poor audience testing, but they declined. That's saying something considering it has some stars and a lot of the Netflix movies are B-level. Even they didn't want associated with that debacle.

Rudy
12-31-2018, 09:17 AM
I think Holmes and Watson was getting 5% on RT. And my local movie reviews had 8 of 13 with a 1/10 lol. Should have made a Step Brothers 2!

steelerfan
01-01-2019, 11:05 PM
I did play through Black Mirror: Bandersnatch the other night. It was good but it felt a little hollow and shallow to me. I can't really explain it but it felt like an incomplete story with no real payoff at the end (I did go through multiple endings).

I do like the concept though and I hope that more interactive titles are put out. There is certainly potential with the idea.

steelerfan
01-01-2019, 11:08 PM
I haven't watched Bird Box and I'm not feeling particularly motivated to do so. Maybe I should...

cdj
01-14-2019, 09:00 PM
I did play through Black Mirror: Bandersnatch the other night. It was good but it felt a little hollow and shallow to me. I can't really explain it but it felt like an incomplete story with no real payoff at the end (I did go through multiple endings).

I do like the concept though and I hope that more interactive titles are put out. There is certainly potential with the idea.

i finally watched Bandersnatch today and had the exact same opinion. I think they had a good idea, but it definitely fell flat in the second half.

steelerfan
01-14-2019, 09:13 PM
I haven't watched Bird Box and I'm not feeling particularly motivated to do so. Maybe I should...I finally watched Bird Box a few days ago. I'm not sure what all the hype was about. It was meh. Not bad, just meh. The ending was very unsatisfying to me.

cdj
08-24-2019, 06:02 PM

cdj
09-24-2019, 10:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JLUn2DFW4w

Rudy
09-24-2019, 10:30 AM
Between Two Ferns was hilarious. The best parts were the interviews between Zack and celebrities like Matt McCaughney, Paul Rudd and Keanu. I was dying at times. He's just a douschebag to them. I won't spoil anything other than this one line in an interview with Keanu, "On a scale from 1 to 100, how many words do you know?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjljgkCQv5c

cdj
10-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Watched El Camino today.

I liked it, but am seeing a lot of complaints about it. IMO it's best viewed as a prologue or final episode of the Breaking Bad series and not as some sort of new story. I can see where that expectation/hope would make this one seem disappointing.

jaymo76
10-13-2019, 04:11 PM
Between Two Ferns was hilarious. The best parts were the interviews between Zack and celebrities like Matt McCaughney, Paul Rudd and Keanu. I was dying at times. He's just a douschebag to them. I won't spoil anything other than this one line in an interview with Keanu, "On a scale from 1 to 100, how many words do you know?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjljgkCQv5c

Haven't watched it but you are the 2nd person to say this. I will need to check it out one of these days.

HuskerBlitz
10-13-2019, 10:18 PM
Watched El Camino today.

I liked it, but am seeing a lot of complaints about it. IMO it's best viewed as a prologue or final episode of the Breaking Bad series and not as some sort of new story. I can see where that expectation/hope would make this one seem disappointing.

I don't think it was ever designed to be something other than the trailers suggested. It was good. Not as good as I hoped, but not as bad as I feared. Lots of hints back to the series.

steelerfan
10-15-2019, 02:32 PM
El Camino was ok. I had no problem with it (though it was just ok) and it didn't hurt the original series in any way so I'm good.