PDA

View Full Version : God Of War (PS4)

JBHuskers
06-14-2016, 04:11 PM
Probably the oh shit moment from last night's Sony conference was when Kratos appeared from the shadows of the shack. The prospects of God of War being more open world and RPG than just linear hack and slash is very very interesting.

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/13/11922238/god-of-war-e3

"I knew I didn’t want to simply reboot the franchise, starting over with a retelling of the origin story," explained creative director Cory Barlog, writing for PlayStation Blog. "I wanted to reimagine the gameplay, give players a fresh perspective and a new tactile experience while delving deeper into the emotional journey of Kratos to explore the compelling drama that unfolds when an immortal demigod makes a decision to change."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_GCPaKywg

CLW
10-30-2017, 03:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EawtIu_RntE

CLW
01-23-2018, 10:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0u_kAWLJOA

souljahbill
01-23-2018, 06:06 PM
I’ve beaten them all except Ascension, which I have but never opened. I love this franchise so I’m in on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CLW
01-23-2018, 06:57 PM
I’ve beaten them all except Ascension, which I have but never opened. I love this franchise so I’m in on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly I've played/beat most of them (i don't think i played Ascension) but it wasn't really that high on my favorite games/series list. I'm optimistic that they have perhaps fixed the biggest issue with the series (Cratos as a character). Hopefully, this story with a deceased wife and child will be compelling.

Rudy
01-29-2018, 04:12 AM
I played part 3 for a bit. Not sure if this series is for me but I’m interested in the changes. From what I remember there was a lot of QTE in the past? A lot of button mashing gory combat? Kind of hoping this game is a bit smarter and having a good story.

CLW
04-12-2018, 08:03 AM
Reviews are out sitting at a 94 on metacritic. PRE-ORDER NOW!

Rudy
04-12-2018, 03:34 PM
I should have pre ordered last summer when I could have got it for $50 instead of $80.

souljahbill
04-12-2018, 05:23 PM
I tried to preorder with my 20% code but I couldn’t. It’s now on the Christmas list. I gotta save some games for end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLW
04-20-2018, 04:52 PM
1 hour ish in and wow game is georgous. I'm still getting used to the combat system but it seems fairly intuitive just need to learn what does what until it becomes 2nd nature. Playing on "normal" and died a couple times during 2 "boss" fights mostly because I'm struggling getting Cratos to turn around quickly when being attacked from behind

Rudy
04-21-2018, 07:58 AM
Wife surprised me with it. Really reminds me of Uncharted or Last of Us with the story, scavenging, platforming, etc. Was surprised to see the extensive RPG system and wide variety of moves. Combat is fun. Glad it doesn’t include to counter combat system like Batman/Mordor. Makes fights more interesting. Only 1.5 hours in and game looks and plays great. Loved the first epic battle.

CLW, Pushing down on the d-pad turns you around. I’m not used to the combat danger indicators.

Game looks great on normal PS4. Heard 4K mode on Pro lags but I’d like to see it. Definitely liking it more than the stealth based HZD.

CLW
04-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Wife surprised me with it. Really reminds me of Uncharted or Last of Us with the story, scavenging, platforming, etc. Was surprised to see the extensive RPG system and wide variety of moves. Combat is fun. Glad it doesn’t include to counter combat system like Batman/Mordor. Makes fights more interesting. Only 1.5 hours in and game looks and plays great. Loved the first epic battle.

CLW, Pushing down on the d-pad turns you around. I’m not used to the combat danger indicators.

Game looks great on normal PS4. Heard 4K mode on Pro lags but I’d like to see it. Definitely liking it more than the stealth based HZD.

Yeah lol I either missed that tutorial or they just gave it to me last night. However even when I hit down it doesn't seem to turn me square to my threat

Playing on my Pro OLED combo on resolution mode and I haven't noticed ANY lag.

Too early to tell for me but right now I prefer HZD over good of war mostly bc I'm struggling learning the new control scheme a bit and the fonts on the menus are WAY too small to read.

Rudy
04-21-2018, 12:13 PM
The fonts are crazy small! We got a 65” 4K downstairs and I’m leaning in at times lol.

This game is very different from HZD. Not sure how much I will need to use the map. I’ve only upgraded a few things.

And I didn’t know you could use either R1 or R2 during rage attacks. R1 dashes while R2 is hulk smash.

Rudy
04-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Patch for font size 1.12 but it doesn’t do much. Check out the slider.

https://kotaku.com/god-of-war-patch-increases-the-text-size-but-its-still-1825451101/amp

CLW
04-22-2018, 11:40 AM
Positives I failed to mention.... the sound track for this game is incredible and the whole game being in one shot really is immersive.

Escobar
04-25-2018, 02:45 PM

Game does lag or move slower when on Resolution Mode. I started off in resolution mode on my PS4 Pro in 4K HDR and didn't think there was any slowdown, but the combos felt off. Almost like online lag. I switched to Performance mode about 2 hours into the game and the movement is so much more fluid. There is some loss of detail going to 1080p, but the fluidity and responsiveness of the movement makes up for it. I tried going back to Resolution mode and could notice the difference in framerate. It's most noticeable when you turn or pan the screen. Playing on Performance mode only now.

souljahbill
04-25-2018, 03:44 PM
Game does lag or move slower when on Resolution Mode. I started off in resolution mode on my PS4 Pro in 4K HDR and didn't think there was any slowdown, but the combos felt off. Almost like online lag. I switched to Performance mode about 2 hours into the game and the movement is so much more fluid. There is some loss of detail going to 1080p, but the fluidity and responsiveness of the movement makes up for it. I tried going back to Resolution mode and could notice the difference in framerate. It's most noticeable when you turn or pan the screen. Playing on Performance mode only now.

Any game that offers me that choice, I always choose performance>graphics.

Rudy
04-25-2018, 05:27 PM
I’ve been gone for three days for work. Will finally get more play time in soon.

Rudy
04-28-2018, 07:17 AM
This is a great guide for combat and upgrades.

I just had an epic boss fight where I died at least 3 times before winning. The fights really have strategy. Must decide when to dodge, parry or block at the right time in addition to your moves.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/god-of-war-combat-guide/

CLW
05-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Completed main campaign. Great game excited to see where they go with GOW 2.

Rudy
05-03-2018, 06:31 PM
Man. I’m not even half way done by the chapter list/journal. And I must have played at least 14 hours. This game is going to take me 40 hours to finish.

https://powerup-gaming.com/2018/04/20/how-many-chapters-in-god-of-war/

3.1M sales in 3 days! Crazy!

Rudy
05-10-2018, 02:12 PM
I loved acquiring the trophy "Hello Old Friend" in God of War. Nice change of pace. Got that a couple days ago. On Chapter 10 of 17 now. I have so many treasures to get though.

Chapter 1 – The Marked Trees
Chapter 2 – Path to the Mountain
Chapter 3 – A Realm Beyond
Chapter 4 – The Light of Alfheim
Chapter 5 – Inside the Mountain
Chapter 6 – A New Destination
Chapter 7 – The Magic Chisel
Chapter 8 – Behind the Lock
Chapter 9 – The Sickness
Chapter 10 – The Black Rune
Chapter 11 – Return to the Summit
Chapter 12 – Escape from Helheim
Chapter 13 – A Path to Jotunheim
Chapter 14 – Between the Realms
Chapter 15 – Jotunheim in Reach
Chapter 16 – Mother’s Ashes
Chapter 17 – The Journey Home

Rudy
05-15-2018, 07:09 AM
I'm still playing! Man this game is long. Because of the story cut scenes, puzzles and platforming it doesn't feel long. I'm starting chapter 14 of 17 and haven't done any of the side quests either. I'm going to go back and do those when I finish. I haven't done much exploring.

If I had one complaint is that there are a few too many puzzles or obstacles and not quite enough combat. Maybe I'd be bored of the combat if they had more but I look forward to each encounter.

Rudy
05-18-2018, 08:51 AM
Well there is a lot of combat in the side missions and the final boss fight. I don't think I'm done quite yet and I have a lot of side quests I can do but the last boss fight was epic. Great game and I'm not sick of it at all. Definitely will be playing this through a second time at some point.

Rudy
05-21-2018, 04:32 PM
For those that finish the game make sure to go back to your original house when done.

Tons of side content and post game content. There are some things you can’t unlock until you actually finish the game.

Rudy
05-31-2018, 08:02 AM
I'm still playing this game. Trying to finish a lot of the side stuff. I doubt I platinum this thing. I have a lot to do in Nilheim (Invaldi's chest) and the challenges in Musenpeim (sp?) I have barely touched. I wished I would have googled how to open up all the Rune chests when I came across them. Finally unlocked full health and am one chest away from full rage.

Lots of treasure maps to do plus I've only killed 4 of the 8 (and then final 9th) Valkyries.

Rudy
06-11-2018, 02:19 PM
Probably one of the best games I have played. I still enjoy the combat over 50 hours later. Got my 3rd platinum ever! Thinking about the story after the fact was interesting - who some characters really were. The fact Odin and Thor are portrayed as pure evil is a funny twist.

I did have to drop down to easy to beat the final Valkyrie. She was too freaking hard. I fought her on 3 separate occassions, probably losing 25 times. Only once did I come close. I have an old save file that I may fight her again.

Not sure what I'm going to play right now. I may do a replay of this game soon. I have a cheap copy of MEA, free Mad Max, my unfinished Mordor 2 game. I may even replay UC4.

Rudy
06-21-2018, 08:07 AM
Re-Playing the game on Hard. Just started and I realize how lazy I got with defense at the end of my first trial on Normal. Once I got so powered up I never worried too much about defense and just smashed people without worrying about my health meter except with certain enemies or bosses. Hard mode definitely makes you a lot more concerned - especially when you don't have Runic attacks or additional weapons.

souljahbill
06-21-2018, 09:06 AM
Is there NG+?

Rudy
06-21-2018, 08:10 PM
Is there NG+?

It’s coming but not sure when. I was torn between that and a full reboot. Didn’t want to wait anymore!