PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare - November 4, 2016

JBHuskers
05-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Goddamn, CoD sure knows how to make a trailer....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF3UTkCoxY

JBHuskers
05-02-2016, 11:27 AM
I'm going to get the $80 Legacy Edition to get COD4 Remastered since Amazon Prime pre-orders take 20% off of that to make it $64.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered Gets Official Details (http://www.gamezone.com/news/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-remastered-gets-official-details-3436575)

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1202776/article_post_width_cod4.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Cool trailer, but dear God that game will blow shit. I can already tell.

Only reason I would even consider getting it is solely for the COD4 remaster.

JBHuskers
05-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Cool trailer, but dear God that game will blow shit. I can already tell.

Only reason I would even consider getting it is solely for the COD4 remaster.

They did great with Advanced Warfare. So I will stick with Infinity Ward, but avoid Treyarch.

JBHuskers
05-02-2016, 04:26 PM
The Legacy Edition is now up for pre-order using the 20% off for Prime users, it'd be only $63.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Infinite-Warfare-Legacy-PlayStation/dp/B01EZA0CEE?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

JBHuskers
06-14-2016, 03:31 PM
After seeing the E3 video I have fully changed my mind to not get this. And if I have to have the Infinite Warfare disc in the system to play COD4 Remastered, I guess I won't be playing COD4 Remastered, that's okay Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 will occupy my time this fall.

JBHuskers
06-15-2016, 03:46 PM
I could probably guaran-damn-tee you that CoD4 remastered will be available to buy standalone 30-90 days after Infinite Warfare comes out. I will buy it then, but I'm not going to get Infinite Warfare at launch. Too much coming out at that time and that has gotten the short end of the stick.

cdj
08-16-2016, 01:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hA3tlz8Mgo&feature=youtu.be

SmoothPancakes
10-05-2016, 04:01 AM
Holy shit. Reportedly, to install both Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered, you need 130! GB of space on PS4.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rudy
10-05-2016, 04:06 AM
That is crazy! Honestly 1 TB is the minimum space needed on these consoles. I went against some advice and went cheap getting a 1 TB drive. It was cheaper and a bit faster but I also have just under 200 GB left. I can clean some games up but at over 60 GB per game that hurts people quite a bit.

JBHuskers
10-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Does anyone have an extra beta code? Had an acquaintance ask for one, but I had given all mine away.

Rudy
10-13-2016, 04:18 PM
I got one for pre-ordering from Amazon for my son but they sent me a 13 digit code that obviously doesn't work.

Rudy
10-14-2016, 06:40 AM
I'm an idiot. I had to put the code into COD website to get a PS4 code.

Here's an extra code. Anyone else want one? I will list three actually. First come, first serve.

FRIEND TOKEN: 2TKH-6RNK-LRTC
FRIEND TOKEN: B78M-QPN8-KPE9
FRIEND TOKEN: 4RPP-GBN4-74Q5

skipwondah33
10-14-2016, 07:34 AM
Snagged one of those Rudy, thanks man

morsdraconis
10-14-2016, 08:59 AM
Grabbed the second one. Thanks Rudy.

Rudy
10-14-2016, 11:15 AM
No problem guys.

morsdraconis
10-14-2016, 12:22 PM
lol, go to play it now that it's out (it dropped at 1pm Eastern) only to have PSN go down for "maintenance". These outages are getting a bit ridiculous but I guarantee it's a DDOS problem again. Always is.

morsdraconis
10-16-2016, 09:42 AM
Has anyone played any of this? I've played maybe 3 hours of it total. Having not touched a Call of Duty game since Black Ops 2, it feels super weird. The jumping around and sliding and shit is dumb as hell. The different loadout stuff is pretty interesting though. Not sure how much of that is new. Honestly, I see myself unlocking it to a point where I just find a setup I like and then just stick with it the entire time.

Really annoys me that Call of Duty multiplayer is still just run around like a fucking idiot gameplay instead of anything at all resembling tactics. But I mean, it is Call of Duty so I guess that will continue to be the case for this franchise.

morsdraconis
10-16-2016, 10:56 AM
Nevermind, it's bullshit. They've made it SUPER easy to quick scope with the bolt action sniper again. (sigh)

JBHuskers
10-17-2016, 01:41 PM
I think Battlefield is going to smoke this to be honest after seeing both.

morsdraconis
10-17-2016, 01:51 PM
I think Battlefield is going to smoke this to be honest after seeing both.

Without a doubt. Having played the beta of both, Battlefield 1 was FAR more enjoyable.

I'm convinced that Infinity Ward knows this and that's why they've trapped the Modern Warfare remake with this crappy game.

JBHuskers
10-17-2016, 02:15 PM
Without a doubt. Having played the beta of both, Battlefield 1 was FAR more enjoyable.

I'm convinced that Infinity Ward knows this and that's why they've trapped the Modern Warfare remake with this crappy game.

Trapped. For now. It'll be standalone 30 or 60 days later. They realize how much money it will make as a standalone.

skipwondah33
10-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Nevermind, it's bullshit. They've made it SUPER easy to quick scope with the bolt action sniper again. (sigh)Yes they definitely did.

Kept wondering why my 1st game (which I got completely got skull drug the entire match), I kept hearing sniper shots. The ENTIRE fucking enemy team except one guy had sniper rifles and were quick scoping me 25 feet away. I play every COD just because I want a shooter to play when I am not playing Madden, but they were making me look silly.

Of course these guys were ranked 30+ already but the time I first started playing Friday night.

I'd much rather play Overwatch over this any day. Game felt gimmicky as most COD games are. Between the quick scoping and immediate lay down in the middle of a gun fight BS that people pull off...still, don't see myself wanting to play it much.

Edit: Forgot to mention, none of my opinion even included the running like a dog or flying shit!!

morsdraconis
10-17-2016, 03:26 PM
I'd much rather play Overwatch over this any day. Game felt gimmicky as most COD games are. Between the quick scoping and immediate lay down in the middle of a gun fight BS that people pull off...still, don't see myself wanting to play it much.

Edit: Forgot to mention, none of my opinion even included the running like a dog or flying shit!!

Yeah, it's really bad. I'd definitely rather play Overwatch or Battlefield 1 than this crap. At first, I just chalked it up to having not played a COD game since Black Ops 2, but the constant running around like a dog and the constant flying around corners and shit is just disgusting. Just can't believe they would change their game THIS much to the point when it's literally pointless to even try playing it.

Sad part is, they'll still sell 15+ million copies (or probably more) simply because of the ability to access the remake of Modern Warfare early. I hate the video game industry sometimes.

skipwondah33
10-17-2016, 05:16 PM
They were going to sell that many copies regardless likely. Another 5-10 million will just be in addition to it.

I'll have to check out Battlefield

JBHuskers
11-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Anyone get this? Was curious on thoughts. I have enough points in my Playstation Rewards to get this free, but with Overwatch leagues starting soon and Battlefield 1, I'm thinking I might just wait and use my points for MLB 17.

SmoothPancakes
11-07-2016, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I purchased it by accident last night. I had been spending the last three days constantly wavering on whether or not to buy it after seeing it get some praise from a couple people I trust when it comes to thoughts and reviews on shooters over on OS.

So I jumped on my PS4 and added the digital deluxe edition to my cart last night. Figured I'd be spending at least $80 to get MW Remastered included, so may as well spend another $20 extra to get the season pass and all future map packs included.

However I was still having second thoughts, so left it in my cart and went elsewhere into the PS Store to look at the various versions of Watch Dogs 2 since I plan on preordering within the next week. I went back to my cart and somehow must have accidentally pressed X twice while doing so because next thing I know I was getting a text message that my card had been charged for COD.

So I know own COD, along with the PS4 copies of Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and MGS 5 Definitive that UPS should be dropping off tomorrow afternoon. IW installed overnight, I've got MW4 installing right now. I haven't played it at all yet besides starting it up so I could start the MW4 download, but I plan on digging into it for the majority of the evening after work around 5-5:30.

morsdraconis
11-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Having played the beta for COD IW, I definitely won't be buying it. Most definitely not my cup of tea at all.

JBHuskers
11-07-2016, 01:33 PM
I really liked Advanced Warfare, never bought Black Ops III. One the fence here now. Probably would go digital deluxe since the physical isn't available in Sony Rewards, so I'd just get store credit from them.

JBHuskers
11-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Well free is free so I got it and basically paid $15 for the remastered which I would have done anyways :D

SmoothPancakes
11-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Yeah, that was why I did the Target. I had a list of about 9 games I planned to purchase at one point of another, so buy two new $60 games and get a $50 game free, why not?

JBHuskers
11-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Yeah, that was why I did the Target. I had a list of about 9 games I planned to purchase at one point of another, so buy two new $60 games and get a $50 game free, why not?

Yeah, plus I get every other COD anyways, and am DYING to play the remastered original.

SmoothPancakes
11-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Yeah, plus I get every other COD anyways, and am DYING to play the remastered original.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to diving into MW4 again. Been a long time since I played it.

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2016, 09:22 AM
So I'm only a couple missions in, but I'm digging the campaign. Missions are nice and long, and it has a Black Ops 2 vibe to it, where there are side missions I can do in addition to the main storyline.

Right now I have a main story mission of assaulting something in enemy hands on the Saturn moon of Titan, but then I have 5 side missions. I have 3 ship assaults, fighting my way onto a ship and then engaging in normal on-foot combat inside, with my pick of two destroyers and a carrier I can assault in the Pluto, Venus and Neptune clusters.

I also have two active Jackal Strikes, which are exclusively air to air combat and dogfighting (LOTS of dogfighting against enemy fighters) in the Jupiter and Pluto clusters.

So you basically have freedom to choose which things you want to do in what order, instead of having missions on rails. I'm not sure if the side missions (jackal strikes and ship assaults) are actually required to complete the main story or if they just give you new weapon and upgrade unlocks, but I'm a completionist so I plan on doing every mission available anyways.

JBHuskers
11-08-2016, 07:08 PM
My k/d on my first round of remastered was 0.35 :D but oh the memories!

SmoothPancakes
11-09-2016, 02:12 AM
Just finished up the campaign. It wasn't bad. It definitely seemed like your standard COD campaign, and even really seemed closely along the lines of Black Ops 2 campaign story, but it wasn't too shabby. I loved the dogfighting portions of it.

JBHuskers
11-09-2016, 10:59 AM
I don't have the IW online as much as I thought I would, so I have to give it credit there. I still think Battlefield 1 is a better overall package when it comes to online.

Though the remastered MW is AMAZING, it looks amazing, plays great, brings back memories. So worth the usage of my Playstation Reward points.

skipwondah33
11-09-2016, 11:21 AM
I didn't get this like I bought every other version of COD.

After playing the beta I definitely wasn't interested in the IW game, but would like to play some COD 4. That game got me hooked on the series to begin with. Man I loved that game and it had me hooked like crazy.

Wish there was a way to get it separate though I know it would be the same price either way.

May think about it but want to get BioShock and TitanFall 2