PDA

View Full Version : PH'15: Conference Sizes?

JeffHCross
01-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Thinking about changing the conferences again next season, hopefully this will work best going forward and not require the dramatic changes that we've had the past two years.

Currently we have 12-team conferences with 8 conference games a season.
I would like to change to 8-team conferences with 7 conference games each season.

Changing to 8-team conferences would also include removing the in-conference rivals from the Pac-12 and SEC, just to keep everyone on the same playing field for recruiting.

Pros:
One less conference game means one more OOC game, which gives me more flexibility in scheduling
Conference teams would only need to win one conference game to be bowl-eligible. More bowls = better conference opponents
Less conference teams means less teams I have to possibly change to fit rivalries

Cons:
No more CCGs
Conference rivalries removed (which is what we had setup for the 2013 and 2014 seasons, conference rivals were added after JB went to Oregon State and Marcotte went to Ole Miss)

So here are the choices:
8-team conference - 7 conf games, no CCG, no conference rivalries
12-team conference - 8 conf games, CCG, conference rivalries in SEC and Pac-12

This will not change the current setup of 4 user games for everyone.

skipwondah33
01-05-2016, 11:44 AM
8-team works for me or the majority like always

I didn't realize WVU technically wasn't a rivalry for Maryland (even though it is viewed as such I thought since living in one or the other states my entire life).

The Pros outweigh the Cons since it relates to that and scheduling in my eyes.

TheAgency
01-06-2016, 02:15 PM
I like the idea of the championship game. Wouldn't mind a potential user v user for the ccg. Kind of would serve as the play in game for NC it would seem.

skipwondah33
01-06-2016, 02:30 PM
I like the idea of the championship game. Wouldn't mind a potential user v user for the ccg. Kind of would serve as the play in game for NC it would seem.Don't think that is possible if I'm not mistaken Jeff told me once before when I suggested it.

Instead of the way it is now the winner of one division in the conference playing the CPU for the CCG game. Would be better if it were user vs user if both made it.

Since I'm pretty sure it isn't possible from before that is why I voted no CCG

Escobar
01-06-2016, 03:39 PM
I voted 8, because that way we can schedule rival games w/o having to change the conferences up so much.

skipwondah33
01-06-2016, 03:43 PM
I voted 8, because that way we can schedule rival games w/o having to change the conferences up so much.That as well. Virginia, Navy, NCSU and some other team are Maryland rivals. Don't want to have to put one of those teams in the conference just to qualify for a rival game.

JeffHCross
01-07-2016, 10:00 AM
I like the idea of the championship game. Wouldn't mind a potential user v user for the ccg. Kind of would serve as the play in game for NC it would seem.We will NEVER have a user vs user CCG unless we had 12 users and put everyone in the same conference, and then we'd all have 8 user conference games.

The commissioner has zero control over the conference schedule, so if you put user teams in separate divisions, you could have one user play none of the teams in the other division, while another plays all of them. That doesn't work if we want to keep this fair and give people an even amount of user games.

skipwondah33
01-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Thought that was the case.

There is no need for a CCG game if users can't potentially meet in them IMO.