PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Empire/Egypt (2017) - Rumored

cdj
01-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/sources-next-big-assassins-creed-set-in-egypt-skippin-1750937895):

The next Assassin’s Creed, which we believe is set in ancient Egypt and code-named Empire, won’t launch until 2017, according to both a new online rumor and sources speaking to Kotaku. One person familiar with Ubisoft’s upcoming gaming plans told me this afternoon that the decision to delay Empire from fall 2016 was made after 2014’s disappointing Unity, and that this bump will allow the development team more room to improve and polish the game. The source said this biennial approach could be a new trend for Assassin’s Creed, which has suffered from franchise fatigue in recent years.

jaymo76
01-05-2016, 01:57 AM
Egypt? Awesome news!!!

Rudy
01-05-2016, 04:50 AM
I don't think they should release a game every year. Syndicate looks fantastic but then you start fighting and get all the Ubisoft cartoon outlines around bad guys. I wish you could shut some of that stuff off. Not sure why they don't have difficulty levels either. A more robust combat system would be good. I've only watched my son play Syndicate but I'm looking forward to playing it too after the Witcher.

jaymo76
01-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Has nothing to do with this game... BUT... My wife picked me up ACIII (in the 13 colonies) on PS3. Damn! I wish that game was on next gen. It's outstanding!!!

cdj
01-17-2016, 06:04 PM
AC III was pretty good. I think I'd put it behind II & Black Flag, but it's up there for AC games. My only complaints were with some of the writing and character development.

I just started playing Unity in the past couple weeks. Of course it has been patched to high heaven, but I'm liking it and have avoided any bad bugs/glitches so far. I don't feel it's revolutionary, but just a nice, standard AC game. I've heard that Rogue and Syndicate are pretty good, so I'm looking forward to those down the line. Hopefully those get completed before Empire is released.

souljahbill
01-17-2016, 07:44 PM
Rogue is the best AC game no one played (as it came out when Unity did and it was the new hotness). I also liked Liberations HD, the up-port of the Vita game. There were some elements in that game that haven't been in any other AC game in terms of the different costumes you can wear.

Rudy
01-18-2016, 04:29 AM
I've only played Black Flag and enjoyed that. Starting to play Syndicate. Very early but feels good. At some point people have to get burned out on this series don't they? Syndicate looks fantastic.

souljahbill
01-18-2016, 07:09 AM
AC games are comfort food for me. I don't mind them being formulaic. I know what I'm getting and what's there, I enjoy, especially after the revamped combat after ACIII. It's hard for me to play pre-ACIII games now with its clunky combat system.