:West_Virginia: vs. :Arizona_State:

January 11th

CFP National Championship
Glendale, AZ
7:00pm / ESPN
Orange Bowl winner vs. Cotton Bowl winner

bdoughty
12-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Someone had a sense of humor with LSU and Texas Tech. Fournette could run for 500 yards.

I will be adding the times and broadcast info to the bowls later.

steelerfan
12-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Go Irish!

souljahbill
12-06-2015, 09:55 PM
#SMTTT

cdj
12-19-2015, 08:42 PM

cdj
12-28-2015, 07:05 PM
The three 5-7 bowl teams finish 3-0. Maybe they should invite more of them next year.

bdoughty
12-28-2015, 07:59 PM
Better yet, have about 10 less bowl games.

JBHuskers
12-29-2015, 10:54 AM
The three 5-7 bowl teams finish 3-0. Maybe they should invite more of them next year.

Probably because the other team is giving a shit less for having to play a 5-7 team in a bowl game.

skipwondah33
12-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Better yet, have about 10 less bowl games.What you don't like the "Change The Air Filter Beach Holiday" bowl games? :D

That will be renamed to just the Beach Holiday Sun Bowl next year

Think they add several new bowl games a year just to feature crappy record teams

souljahbill
12-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Better yet, have about 10 less bowl games.

Nope. I want as much college football as possible before it ends in January.

steelerfan
12-29-2015, 02:23 PM
I think there are about 25 too many bowl games. They should definitely get rid of at least 10.

bdoughty
12-29-2015, 06:36 PM
What you don't like the "Change The Air Filter Beach Holiday" bowl games? :D

That will be renamed to just the Beach Holiday Sun Bowl next year

Think they add several new bowl games a year just to feature crappy record teams

When you let Bitcoin and Duck Dynasty sponsor bowl games, you have too many bowl games.

JBHuskers
12-30-2015, 02:17 AM
I'm ready for the YKK Zipper Bowl in 2016...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cdj
12-31-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm ready for the YKK Zipper Bowl in 2016...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow, that's racist.

Clemson up 37-17 in the fourth. Somewhere Texas wonders 'what if...'

steelerfan
12-31-2015, 06:38 PM
Wow, that's racist.

THIS is why you don't put a team in the playoffs who LOST to TEX-ASS and whose "signature wins" came against 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

OU is SEVERELY overrated and, quite predictably, getting BTFO.

bdoughty
12-31-2015, 06:58 PM
THIS is why you don't put a team in the playoffs who LOST to TEX-ASS and whose "signature wins" came against 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

OU is SEVERELY overrated and, quite predictably, getting BTFO.

We played one half of football. They dominated the LOS and were the better team tonight. No apologies for being selected to make the playoffs.

jaymo76
12-31-2015, 09:52 PM
MSU with a dreadful performance thus far. I'm not surprised though as Alabama is a far superior team. I like MSU but honestly I don't think they should have been in the playoff, even if they did win the B1G.

bdoughty
12-31-2015, 11:07 PM

We did not get shut out in Ames. I needed a good laugh after tonight's game, thanks.

jaymo76
01-01-2016, 01:56 PM
We did not get shut out in Ames. I needed a good laugh after tonight's game, thanks.

Learned something new today... Before the name Sooners was adopted, Oklahoma went by the name "Rough Riders." That's the most popular team name in the CFL. Things are starting to add up now... I think your anti-Canada since is all a front. It's time to come out of the closet and embrace your love for Canada (kanata- "the village"), our free healthcare and our liberal values. Lol. :P. Happy New Year's buddy!

skipwondah33
01-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Michigan State never figured out that they wouldn't be able to "out Alabama"...Alabama. They play the same style that Bama excels and is geared toward stopping.

steelerfan
01-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Not surprisingly, Ohio State had little trouble with the Irish. It was a good season for Notre Dame considering the plethora of injuries but they would have had to have been completely healthy and played their best to compete with an OSU team that should have been in the playoffs.

steelerfan
01-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Looks like it's Iowa's turn to bend over.

AustinWolv
01-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Michigan State never figured out that they wouldn't be able to "out Alabama"...Alabama. They play the same style that Bama excels and is geared toward stopping.
They lucked into that game and weren't on-par with the teams that were there and/or should have been there. OSU choked their chance at the playoff away and would have given Bama, Clemson, or OU a better game than MSU did.

cdj
01-01-2016, 07:16 PM
We're going to need more bowl games or to move the lower-tier bowls to New Year's or after so there's a chance for some competitive, entertaining match-ups.

AustinWolv
01-01-2016, 08:05 PM
We're going to need more bowl gamesv
Wha?!!! Like there aren't enough?

And yes, all the bowl games should be stacked right around New Year's, not two weeks earlier.

skipwondah33
01-01-2016, 08:42 PM
The Battlefrong Fiesta bowl!?!? Lol

Telling you there's going to he a Air Filter bowl game

jaymo76
01-01-2016, 11:02 PM
The Battlefrong Fiesta bowl!?!? Lol

Telling you there's going to he a Air Filter bowl game

Yeah... drove me nuts every time I saw the logo. I miss the good ol days before sponsorship took over the bowls.

bdoughty
01-02-2016, 01:41 AM
Learned something new today... Before the name Sooners was adopted, Oklahoma went by the name "Rough Riders." That's the most popular team name in the CFL. Things are starting to add up now... I think your anti-Canada since is all a front. It's time to come out of the closet and embrace your love for Canada (kanata- "the village"), our free healthcare and our liberal values. Lol. :P. Happy New Year's buddy!

You have a PS4, Xbox One and WiiiU right? Feel free to adopt me. Happy New Year's back at you.

cdj
01-02-2016, 09:57 PM
This Alamo Bowl is almost single-handedly making up for the rest of bowl season.

cdj
01-02-2016, 10:00 PM
It's going to be a long winter, spring, & summer in Eugene.

AustinWolv
01-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Can't lie here, I am amused and mildly satisfied that Oregon completely choked.

psuexv
01-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Does anyone else feel like there is too much time between the bowl games and the championship game? I keep forgetting about it

JBHuskers
01-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Does anyone else feel like there is too much time between the bowl games and the championship game? I keep forgetting about it

There's also too much time between the regular season and bowl games. And don't give me the education excuse, I'll just laugh.

AustinWolv
01-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Just over a week from the semi-final game to the championship game. You want them closer together? That is not healthy for the body.

Or do you mean move the semi-final games sooner, then have the championship game closer to all the New Yr's games?

gschwendt
01-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Just over a week from the semi-final game to the championship game. You want them closer together? That is not healthy for the body.

Or do you mean move the semi-final games sooner, then have the championship game closer to all the New Yr's games?
I think he means have more bowl games throughout this week.

AustinWolv
01-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Why, so more games could go unwatched and barely attended? Booooo.

psuexv
01-07-2016, 11:45 AM

No he doesn't! :D I mean bring the Championship game closer to the New Years 6. If that means playing the semi-final games early that's fine with me.

The game to me has lost the hype.

AustinWolv
01-07-2016, 01:59 PM
No he doesn't! :D I mean bring the Championship game closer to the New Years 6. If that means playing the semi-final games early that's fine with me.

The game to me has lost the hype.

I agree with PSU here.
1. Yes, make the title game closer to the New Year's holiday with all the other big bowl games. The way they are doing it now screams copy of what the NFL does.
2. By having it so late, college football is losing interest due to the NFL playoffs starting.

New Year's used to *be* college football. Now the bowl games stretch so long and the title game happens 10 days later, so the "thrill" of the holiday has been diminished IMO.

souljahbill
01-07-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure the championship game will be the most watched show of the week.

bdoughty
01-07-2016, 06:00 PM
I'm pretty sure the championship game will be the most watched show of the week.

NFL Playoffs would like to disagree.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/weekly-ratings-espn-college-football-playoff-monday-night-football-1201673399/

Sunday Night Football regular season game 24.29 mil
Bama/State 18.55 mil
Monday Night Football regular season game 15.81 mil
OU/Clemson 15.46 mil

souljahbill
01-07-2016, 06:05 PM
The championship game will definitely better than either semifinal game.

jaymo76
01-07-2016, 10:54 PM
At this point I have lost all interest in the game. NFL playoffs and NCAA BBALL have my attention now. There should be no CFB after January 4th IMO.

souljahbill
01-08-2016, 07:34 PM
At this point I have lost all interest in the game. NFL playoffs and NCAA BBALL have my attention now. There should be no CFB after January 4th IMO.

The NFL playoffs are on the weekend so it's not like you have to choose what to watch. There can't possibly be a college basketball game Monday bigger than the championship game.

cdj
01-08-2016, 07:40 PM

I sure hope so. The playoffs are going to lose hype/steam if all six games (last year and this year) are blowouts.

This gap with no CFB is hurting my interest as well. ESPN made the mistake of listening to people complain (for once) and quit putting any small bowls after the big six games, resulting in this long layoff with no games. I hope they make some changes in the future.

souljahbill
01-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Megacast Details (http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/01/06/college-football-playoff-espn-megacast-alabama-clemson)

As usual, I'll be flipping between the standard game and the Film Room.

bdoughty
01-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Not a bowl game but ND State wins it's 5th straight FCS National Title.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14537079/fcs-championship-game-north-dakota-state-bison-beat-jacksonville-state-gamecocks

souljahbill
01-10-2016, 04:10 PM
Congrats to them

ram29jackson
01-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Or Clemson gets pounded into the ground

souljahbill
01-11-2016, 10:16 PM

You don't pay attention, do you? The Achilles heel of the vaunted Alabama defense is an accurate mobile QB in a spread offense. Everytime Alabama loses, that's what they lose to. Auburn, Oklahoma, Ohio St., Texas A&M, Ole Miss. They all had dual threat QBs and that's what Clemson has.

steelerfan
01-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Well, dammit.

I guess Dabo didn't pray enough. Too bad too, I hate Alabama.

souljahbill
01-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Congrats to the Tide!

Worst part of the year is upon us-no cfb until August

ram29jackson
01-11-2016, 11:28 PM
You don't pay attention, do you? The Achilles heel of the vaunted Alabama defense is an accurate mobile QB in a spread offense. Everytime Alabama loses, that's what they lose to. Auburn, Oklahoma, Ohio St., Texas A&M, Ole Miss. They all had dual threat QBs and that's what Clemson has.

That's called a narrative lol hasn't kept them from winning national championships over and over.
Everyone on earth knew this was happening.
And Carolina will lose this weekend too

bdoughty
01-11-2016, 11:42 PM
That's called a narrative lol hasn't kept them from winning national championships over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63UlBsdElsY

It's bad enough seeing this fester in the NFL forum, now you have to post it in the college forum. It was a close and enjoyable game, minus Alabama winning.

souljahbill
01-12-2016, 05:45 AM

Nope. I've already said that I know from 1st hand experience having worked in 2 D1 athletic training rooms that there is no script, no outline, no faking injuries, none of that foolishness.

AustinWolv
01-12-2016, 06:36 AM

Or not.

They actually took it to Alabama decently well. Mental mistakes in coverage and special teams were the reasons they lost.

JBHuskers
01-12-2016, 08:48 AM
That was a fun championship. With Watson, you believed he could have pulled one out of his ass. The kicker did a good job on the onside, just bad timing on the big bounce.

skipwondah33
01-12-2016, 09:17 AM
For as shitty as it appeared that Jake Coker played...he finished with a decent stat line...throwing for 335 yards and 2 scores. On 14 less completions and 22 less attempts than Watson.

steelerfan
01-12-2016, 11:12 AM
For as shitty as it appeared that Jake Coker played...he finished with a decent stat line...throwing for 335 yards and 2 scores. On 14 less completions and 22 less attempts than Watson.
Heading that TE get a 5-208-2 stat line is what inflated Coker's numbers.

AustinWolv
01-12-2016, 01:25 PM

As steeler said........to the TE.........on gifted blown coverages by Clemson.

JBHuskers
01-12-2016, 01:57 PM
So I'm having an argument with a friend. I said this was an improbable title for Alabama because this team just wasn't looked at as championship caliber and they were highly rated to start because of the name on the jersey. And he thinks I'm crazy because I think all he is seeing is the name on the jersey.

cdj
01-12-2016, 02:24 PM
I would say you don't know what 'improbable' means. :D

The only thing close to improbable about it was (IIRC) the 4th & 25 Arkansas converted against Ole Miss which let Bama sneak back into the SEC title game.

Bama racks up top-notch recruiting classes every year, were #3 in the pre-season polls, were second to tOSU (7/2) at the start of the year with 7/1 title odds, and had won 3 of last 6 titles, right? This wasn't exactly South Alabama winning it all. Plus, weren't they favored in both playoff games? At no point in the entire season did they 'shock the world.' It was par for the course for Bama.

I think there were some question marks about the QB position before and even early in the year, but they were considered loaded everywhere else.

souljahbill
01-12-2016, 02:56 PM
As long as Saban is coach, Alabama is in contention for the title.

JBHuskers
01-12-2016, 02:59 PM
I was just pointing to this team compared to past Bama teams. It wasn't a slam dunk going into the season. Once they got in the playoffs, yes it wasn't improbable and most expected them to win it all.

cdj
01-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Maybe if you had said this was the year Bama shouldn't have won it (opportunity was there for others), maaaaybe could go with that. Buckeyes thought they'd have a cakewalk this year and never seemed invested until they lost a game, Bama needed help just to get into the SEC CCG, and Clemson gave the game away last night on special teams & blown coverages. However, with the talent level and advantages they have, I would say it's more improbable they don't finish top five next year (or until Saban retires).

JBHuskers
01-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Maybe if you had said this was the year Bama shouldn't have won it (opportunity was there for others), maaaaybe could go with that. Buckeyes thought they'd have a cakewalk this year and never seemed invested until they lost a game, Bama needed help just to get into the SEC CCG, and Clemson gave the game away last night on special teams & blown coverages. However, with the talent level and advantages they have, I would say it's more improbable they don't finish top five next year (or until Saban retires).

Yeah I was comparing this Bama team to other Bama teams that are expected to just walk right into the title game.

JBHuskers
01-12-2016, 04:06 PM
:D :D

Alabama Team Buses Forget Lane Kiffin, Leave Him at Stadium After CFP Final (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2607138-alabama-team-buses-forget-lane-kiffin-leave-him-at-stadium-after-cfp-final?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national)

skipwondah33
01-12-2016, 04:23 PM
As steeler said........to the TE.........on gifted blown coverages by Clemson.True but there is no asterisk to the stat that says that.

335 yards is still 335 yards, whether 1 player or 9 players helped inflate it...cheap? Eh maybe, but he didn't dictate who Clemson kept leaving open

Regarding blown coverages...it's not his fault Clemson's coverage broke down and the scoreboard can't indicate that either unfortunately. If both are the case then Pittsburgh's secondary isn't that bad after all because we all know there are frequently blown coverages by them lol

steelerfan
01-12-2016, 04:57 PM
True but there is no asterisk to the stat that says that.

335 yards is still 335 yards, whether 1 player or 9 players helped inflate it...cheap? Eh maybe, but he didn't dictate who Clemson kept leaving open

Regarding blown coverages...it's not his fault Clemson's coverage broke down and the scoreboard can't indicate that either unfortunately. If both are the case then Pittsburgh's secondary isn't that bad after all because we all know there are frequently blown coverages by them lol
Nobody said there was an asterisk or that it was his fault. Nobody said 335 yards is not 335 yards.

You said it didn't seem like he played that well. 5 plays accounted for about 65% of his yards and both of the touchdowns.

I'm not sure what you're getting defensive/arguing/debating about but I don't think anyone really disagreed with you.

skipwondah33
01-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Watching the game...hearing commentators and analysts saying he wasn't playing very well. I didn't watch all of game..fell asleep. Before hand though I read how awesome Watson is and was during and after the game of course.

From what I saw Coker wasn't doing too well up to the point I stopped watching.

I said as shitty as he seemed like he was playing early on (the part of game that I watched)...if you were to judge from the final stat line you wouldn't think he played a bad game.

Pretty much after seeing what I saw early on didn't expect to see his final numbers close to Watson's really

steelerfan
01-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Ok.

AustinWolv
01-13-2016, 10:42 AM
As long as Saban is coach and the bagmen are working their roles, Alabama is in contention for the title.

Fixed it for you.

Funny shot at Michigan State that I saw since we got a minute: So irrelevant that even Nick Saban couldn't win there. ;)