PDA

View Full Version : Run Commit

skipwondah33
11-11-2015, 06:37 AM
Personally I can't stand the feature and don't use it, which stems from it being and feeling gimmicky in Madden since it was put in a whIle ago. And the fact that you can even defend passes with it near and around the goalline.

However in this case I wouldn't care about it if our RB's and Olines weren't both neutered.

The Defense still moves at warp speed with Run Commit, yet the RB trudges along at a very noticeably slower pace. This allows for as you would expect the RB going no where even with "good" blocking. This even happens when the Defense guesses wrong on the Commit. Example guessing Run Right, Offense uses a Toss Left. The Defense still has time to make up ground before the RB can even get out of backfield.

So question is should it be allowed still?

TheAgency
11-13-2015, 01:29 PM
I'm not a big fan of the feature. I would be okay with minimal use of it. (2-3 times maximum) and only inside of the 10 yard line or 4th & 1 or less. I only use it a few times a season it at all myself.

skipwondah33
11-13-2015, 02:07 PM
It's only beneficial inside of the 10-yd line to Goal line IMO.

If used then it obviously gives amazing run Defense against our already slow RB's no matter which direction it's used in. And it will even give sufficient pass rush and even coverage against the pass unrealistically.

Unless of course everyone just goes to QB sneaks in and around the goal line.

Don't expect anyone to be using it when there is the threat of a pass longer than 20 yards available to the Offense.

JeffHCross
11-14-2015, 03:37 AM
Example guessing Run Right, Offense uses a Toss Left. The Defense still has time to make up ground before the RB can even get out of backfield.That was only because my CB happened to "crash right" into the ball carrier. If you'd gotten past him (which, honestly, I would have expected a broken tackle), then you would have sailed into the end zone. I've guessed wrong enough times to know that sometimes you still manage to get lucky, but more often you're going to be horribly out of position.

I'm neutral on this, so I shouldn't vote either way. While I agree with Skip that Run Commit can be way over powered, I've also seen far too many circumstances where Run Commit is the only defense available inside the 10 yard line. Even with the "neutered" RBs that we have, I'm still able to gain way more yards than my OL and RB should be able to, just due to how the blocking is done on this game. Agency could have walked into the end zone easily on his final drive if I hadn't used Run Commit on two of the final three plays. In fact, the play before that when I didn't use it, he didn't score only because he ran his RB into my defenders in order to keep the clock running rather than give me a chance to tie it.

It's a gimmicky feature and it can suck, I agree. But I still think, overall, the offense has the advantage. Though I obviously haven't tried a run heavy offense on these sliders against a constant Run Commit. I will agree with Agency that I don't have a problem with it being used in certain circumstances, but people should refrain from using it on every down/every play.

skipwondah33
11-14-2015, 09:57 AM
You won't see it every down...just nearly every down in or around goal line I'd imagine as I said.

On our example in the game, my RB didn't have a chance regardless of what your CB did. My RB has 91 speed and 92 acceleration and he didn't get a single yard on a toss play to opposite side of run commit...with a very decent Line and FB in front of him. The CB wasn't only one who screamed over because their was a Guard and FB pulling.

The play before I ran a short crossing route pass play against Commit middle...my Line got thrashed and I still nearly threw a pick over middle because your guys got back in coverage after rushing forward on commit. Again no surprise because I know it provides pass coverage in those situations

On 1st down you had 5 guys in the back field on a Dive when i received handoff.

If our RB's moved as quickly as before I wouldn't care if it was used,..actually didn't even pay attention in the past because my RB's had speed to get to outside. But now since our RB's can randomly not get out of backfield or 2 steps, even with all the tools from the Oline and RB to do so..Commit appears to make it worst. As it should since it moves every defender warping to the ball.

I'd rather give up a TD than use that especially now with the better in terms of RB's being overpowered before sliders. I just won't use it since I'm only one really against it lol.

Escobar
11-16-2015, 02:32 AM
I don't use it either skip