PDA

View Full Version : Strip Ball Mechanic?

CLW
10-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Has anyone actually successfully stripped the ball out using R1? It's the last damn trophy I have to get for the :Plat: and I can not for the life of me get a strip fumble.

jaymo76
10-13-2015, 07:35 PM
Funny that you mention that. I honestly don't think that I have.

gigemaggs99
10-13-2015, 10:43 PM
No, haven't been able to do that, only fumbles I've caused are from the user big hit.

Rudy
10-14-2015, 04:35 AM
Nope but I never use that button. I can't even remember some of those obscure options. And forget individual defensive adjustments. No time!

skipwondah33
10-14-2015, 08:48 AM
I have a caused them a number of times :D

Always feel like I see a bunch of things you guys do not. Wish I kept the replays of them. Earned a "Peanut Punch" trophy for it the 1st week the game was out...although I never actually try to go for trophies.

A reason I likely cause them though is because when I know I have more than one person in pursuit I'll go for the R1 tackle every single time. Seriously every tackle in that situation I'll do that, and/or follow it up with a hit stick.

I force alot of fumbles every version regardless which team I have, but mostly with the Steelers

CLW
10-14-2015, 09:52 AM
I have a caused them a number of times :D

Always feel like I see a bunch of things you guys do not. Wish I kept the replays of them. Earned a "Peanut Punch" trophy for it the 1st week the game was out...although I never actually try to go for trophies.

A reason I likely cause them though is because when I know I have more than one person in pursuit I'll go for the R1 tackle every single time. Seriously every tackle in that situation I'll do that, and/or follow it up with a hit stick.

I force alot of fumbles every version regardless which team I have, but mostly with the Steelers

I've set the game to rookie with 0 pass block/run block and set the guys i'm going against to 0 CAR rating and turned the fumbles all the way up and I go for the strip and the guy just slides off. :smh:

skipwondah33
10-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Not sure man, it was pretty easy to me. Had the perfect angle and everything. My guy literally "punched" the ball out the first time I did it.

Other times they have just fumbled while in the instances where you see the guy kind of slide off but the ball comes out before then.

Are you holding it after contact? Or are you pressing/holding the R1 button while in pursuit getting ready to tackle the ball carrier?

I hold the R1 button down far before I make contact. Also turn off Heat Seeker if you have that on...that messes up the angles you take in my opinion

Pretty sure fumbling was something people bitched about in the beginning so it may have been patched to where you don't cause or see them much, but I still get them every few games or so.

CLW
10-14-2015, 04:24 PM
Not sure man, it was pretty easy to me. Had the perfect angle and everything. My guy literally "punched" the ball out the first time I did it.

Other times they have just fumbled while in the instances where you see the guy kind of slide off but the ball comes out before then.

Are you holding it after contact? Or are you pressing/holding the R1 button while in pursuit getting ready to tackle the ball carrier?

I hold the R1 button down far before I make contact. Also turn off Heat Seeker if you have that on...that messes up the angles you take in my opinion

Pretty sure fumbling was something people bitched about in the beginning so it may have been patched to where you don't cause or see them much, but I still get them every few games or so.

LOL got tired of trying to whore it out went to MUT head to head season game and I was beating a guy handily so I decided wtf why not so I kicked deep and stripped the thing 1st try returned for a TD for the :plat: and what I'm sure was a "random" disconnect up 37-7. :nod:

skipwondah33
10-15-2015, 07:33 AM
There ya go :D :up: