PDA

View Full Version : PH'15: New sliders

JeffHCross
09-24-2015, 11:57 AM
These come highly recommended over on Operation Sports, and unlike the set we used this year, haven't been constantly tinkered with. In fact, these have remained unchanged since 2013, yet are still recommended.

The biggest difference I see with this set, besides the higher CPU challenge, is that the RB acceleration is a little low. I know G didn't like low RB Ability sliders in the past, but I felt like my RBs played like the low rated players they are.

What I haven't done is test these with a wide variety of play styles or ratings, so I'm throwing these out to you guys for a try.

I'm not planning to tinker these to find a "perfect" set, I really just want to know if you like the challenge, if they're too hard or too easy.

Heisman difficulty
8 min quarters (I'm thinking about lowering this)
Speed Threshold 1
Home Field Advantage ON

USER-CPU
Accuracy 10-55
Pass Blocking 5-60
Catching 5-70
RB Ability 15-100
Run Blocking 0-55
Pass Coverage 45-100
Interceptions 30-75
Rush Defense 25-100
Tackling 50-100

Special Teams- USER-CPU
FG Power 50-50
FG Accuracy 30-40
Punt Power 50-50
Punt Accuracy 50-100
Kickoff Power 50-50

Penalties
Offsides-100
False Start- 54
Holding- 70
Facemask- 58
O-Pass Interference-100
D-Pass Interference-100
KR/PR Interference-100
Clipping-56
INT-Grounding-100
Roughing the passer-52
Roughing the kicking-100

marcotte14
09-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Ok, played with these sliders this morning. I was Toledo (79 ovr) and lost to Miami (88 ovr) 63-49. It was an offensive shootout all game, and even playing on 7 min qtr.

I didn't notice any difference in the RB ability being slow. I still was able to bust some decent runs throughout the game. The biggest noticeable difference was the passing game. I felt like I had to read the defense a little more and not force as many throws, the 2 passes I did force were picked off, I actually liked seeing that compared to cpu dropping so many int's.

I was shredded through the air for over 500 passing yards. I think the Miami QB was 34-38. It was not getting much pressure on him like I normally would, as the O-line picked up my blitzes. I loved how the QB stayed in the pocket and looked at his progression instead on throwing it out of bounds if his first option wasn't open.

The cpu broke a lot of tackles, but I assumed it was due to the gap of talent, as I broke some too, just not as many. Overall, I really like the cpu being more competitive, I give these sliders a :up:

JeffHCross
09-26-2015, 10:16 PM
The biggest thing I noticed with RB Ability is a slow acceleration from Corey Avery, Kansas's #1 RB. But his ratings aren't elite, so that might be valid for him.