PDA

View Full Version : PH'15: Conferences?

JeffHCross
09-20-2015, 12:42 AM
With Papa leaving and Skip moving to Maryland, Kansas is now the westernmost school in the OD. At this point I'm assuming G is still not fully back and will not be in a user conference.

We also have several players (ecrip, JB, the occasional other) that have had repeated problems connecting with certain other players.

Any suggestions on how to modify the conferences to accommodate both of these would be appreciated.

Escobar
09-20-2015, 06:22 AM
I say put NC State, Georgia Tech, and UCF in ACC. Kansas, SMU, UH in Big XII. and Cincinnati and Maryland in Big Ten.

TheAgency
09-20-2015, 02:36 PM
I would suggest moving JB to a conference with players he's had success playing. Ecrip & I haven't had issues connecting. I would suggest Marcotte since he has issues with Esco. Maybe we can test the user alignment out prior to completing the changes. I like the level of competition in the SeC and would like to stay.

TheAgency
09-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Any more clarity here Commissioner Goodell?

skipwondah33
09-22-2015, 10:55 AM
I could go either way that is why I haven't chimed in lol. Hate if we had to dissolve the Pac 12 since I moved. Jeff and I could be in the Big 12 now?

JeffHCross
09-24-2015, 11:47 AM
With G agreeing to move into a user conference, I think the easiest thing would be to keep Skip (Maryland) in the Pac-12 and swap G with Papa's former Colorado team. I know that doesn't make sense geographically, but this game doesn't care about geography. I'm not sold on this because of problem #2....

That leaves what to do with JB as an open question. As far as I know he hasn't connected with either Agency or Ecrip. Which means moving someone else to the ACC and swapping with him.

Volunteers?

marcotte14
09-24-2015, 07:30 PM
I've had issues connecting with ecirp, so it wouldn't make sense for me to move to ACC, however, I can connect with JB if that helps.

gschwendt
09-24-2015, 07:48 PM
For anyone having issues connecting with anyone else, what is your NAT type?

Check by going to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Test. That will give at least some insight as to what the culprit might be.

Escobar
09-24-2015, 07:54 PM
I need to be in the same conference as snoop so we have the rivalry game

pearice
09-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Marcotte and I have never connected... JB and I have connected... Skip idk if we have played before or not..

skipwondah33
09-24-2015, 08:55 PM
My NAT type is 2. I haven't been able to connect to JB only. Even direct connecting

marcotte14
09-25-2015, 08:42 AM
My NAT is type 2 as well.

JeffHCross
09-25-2015, 09:19 AM
Believe mine is as well.

Escobar
09-27-2015, 01:05 AM
Mine also.

skipwondah33
09-27-2015, 08:42 AM
I'm fine with conferences

TheAgency
09-27-2015, 09:03 AM
Suggestion...what if we shuffled conferences slightly but kept all rivalry games in tact. We purposely try to set it to avoid all user games of people who can't connect. I've had to put my fate in the hands of the sim gods both years here. Last season JB helped me out with an auto pilot. I wouldn't want to rely on that again when we may be able to avoid it.

JeffHCross
09-27-2015, 09:18 PM
... that's pretty much what I'm trying to do here, Agency. Right now, with JB in the same conference as you, he can't play any conference games based on the last two years of experience. Non-conference is another ball game but doesn't really matter if we can't figure out the conferences.

JeffHCross
09-27-2015, 09:39 PM
Marcotte and I have never connected... JB and I have connected... Skip idk if we have played before or not..But you didn't connect this year, right?

JeffHCross
09-27-2015, 10:22 PM
For anyone having issues connecting with anyone else, what is your NAT type?

Check by going to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Test. That will give at least some insight as to what the culprit might be.C'mon guys, let's help out with G's question and see if we can get to the bottom of who can't connect with whom.

marcotte14
09-28-2015, 07:27 AM
I'm Type 2. I have always had problems connecting with ecirp. Skip and I connected the first couple years, but have had issues ever since. Other than them 2, I have connected with everyone else. Agency and I have never played, so I'm not sure.

TheAgency
09-28-2015, 08:06 AM
Type 2 connection for me. UPnP is the only thing I can't see.

JBHuskers
09-28-2015, 10:27 AM
I have type 2, but the connection issues where one freezes and I stay on the team stream were prevalent when I was through a router and direct connected.

skipwondah33
09-28-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm Type 2. I have always had problems connecting with ecirp. Skip and I connected the first couple years, but have had issues ever since. Other than them 2, I have connected with everyone else. Agency and I have never played, so I'm not sure.Our problem is just lag now I thought. Know we connected a while back even had some lag then but it cleared up enough for us to play.

skipwondah33
09-29-2015, 07:30 AM
With G agreeing to move into a user conference, I think the easiest thing would be to keep Skip (Maryland) in the Pac-12 and swap G with Papa's former Colorado team. I know that doesn't make sense geographically, but this game doesn't care about geography. I'm not sold on this because of problem #2....

That leaves what to do with JB as an open question. As far as I know he hasn't connected with either Agency or Ecrip. Which means moving someone else to the ACC and swapping with him.

Volunteers?I'm fine with this plan. Though that leaves the other 2 conferences left

JeffHCross
09-29-2015, 08:40 AM
It seems like everybody's Type 2, though a few have not replied...

gschwendt
09-29-2015, 09:17 AM
The only other thing I can suggest is for folks to delete their NCAA cache (not save files). I'll provide some steps to complete that as well. I haven't done it myself (no issues) but I believe it would force you to re-download any patches and/or tuning files.

TheAgency
09-29-2015, 06:01 PM
The only other thing I can suggest is for folks to delete their NCAA cache (not save files). I'll provide some steps to complete that as well. I haven't done it myself (no issues) but I believe it would force you to re-download any patches and/or tuning files.

I did this when I had the issue of my game not saving at the end and it cleared up those issues.

pearice
09-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Yea I did that when I moved into my new house and switched ISP... It didn't help with Marcotte

pearice
09-29-2015, 08:04 PM
I've had issues in past with JB last time we were able to connect.. He was beating me so bad at half I deuced and let him finish vs cpu