PDA

View Full Version : Talking about the offseason and going forward

JeffHCross
09-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Two things I'd like to get people's thoughts on:

For this offseason, should we all stay at our current schools or let people change jobs in the Carousel?
I went into this season wanting to use sliders that made the game realistic and played to ratings. That obviously didn't work. Which is more important to you: realistic or a challenge from the CPU?

I've got sliders I'm already looking at, and they're just going to be harder across the board.

JBHuskers
09-11-2015, 12:03 PM
What's the goal of this? Start off at a middle-tier school and try to work your way up to a Powerhouse? If so, I'm all for taking a better job if I can get it, and then impose a :4star: limit.

marcotte14
09-11-2015, 03:27 PM
On the fence about coaching carousel. Only if we keep conferences realistic, if so, I'm all for it.

Def. make the CPU more challenging.

skipwondah33
09-11-2015, 03:34 PM
Def. make the CPU more challenging.Just wish our ability to make basic fundamental tackles and simple coverage didn't have to suffer in an effort to make them more challenging. I'd rather them stop nearly everything we tried than watch them run through tackle after tackle and our guys get burnt on the same Out and Corner routes :D

Escobar
09-12-2015, 11:57 PM
I'm going to stay at UH.

JeffHCross
09-14-2015, 09:48 AM
What's the goal of this? Start off at a middle-tier school and try to work your way up to a Powerhouse? If so, I'm all for taking a better job if I can get it, and then impose a :4star: limit.For me personally, the goal is to build Kansas into a Powerhouse school. I don't know what everyone else wants out of it, which is why I posed the question.

On the fence about coaching carousel. Only if we keep conferences realistic, if so, I'm all for it.

Def. make the CPU more challenging.Conferences will be modified as appropriate to include any teams that are changed. They may not stay geographically accurate, but I'll try.

Just wish our ability to make basic fundamental tackles and simple coverage didn't have to suffer in an effort to make them more challenging. I'd rather them stop nearly everything we tried than watch them run through tackle after tackle and our guys get burnt on the same Out and Corner routes :DI've only played one game with new sliders so far, and I don't feel like my ability to make tackles was worse. I'm going to try to find a set that is challenging without nerfing the user, but we'll see.

JBHuskers
09-14-2015, 11:10 AM
It was challenging for me, I barely went .500 :D

JeffHCross
09-15-2015, 09:57 AM
It was challenging for me, I barely went .500 :DYou also simmed a bunch of games ;)

TheAgency
09-15-2015, 02:48 PM
I haven't been able to play JB either time we've matched up. This dynasty or the old one. So what recommendations do we have to fix that.

JeffHCross
09-16-2015, 09:05 AM
I haven't been able to play JB either time we've matched up. This dynasty or the old one. So what recommendations do we have to fix that.I think you two, and everybody else that can't match up, needs to see if you can play a regular online game against each other, outside of the dynasty. We blamed the dynasty last season, and maybe that wasn't right, in hindsight.