PDA

View Full Version : 2015 NFL Season Talk

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Rudy
10-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Philbin gone. DC Coyle likely fired. OC Lazor maybe in trouble too. Hopefully Campbell brings some toughness back.

JBHuskers
10-05-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm sure they would fire Suh if they could too. :D next question.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
10-07-2015, 04:18 PM
You can tell that was the face of forcing one out. :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAN5RyNtCmc

JBHuskers
10-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Bears win at Arrowhead with a last minute drive!

Browns beat the Ravens in the Steelerfan Bowl.

jaymo76
10-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Bears win at Arrowhead with a last minute drive!

Browns beat the Ravens in the Steelerfan Bowl.

The last two games McCown has been outstanding for the Browns. I am really cheering for him yet as I here it the fans still want Manziel. :fp::smh:

Rudy
10-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Daniel Fells has had many surgeries and now part of his foot has been removed due to a staph infection. His career is over.

Jamaal Charles tore his ACL.

souljahbill
10-12-2015, 06:12 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/12/30324a302c17ed9c240cb4a1335981bf.jpg

steelerfan
10-12-2015, 06:52 PM
:D

steelerfan
10-12-2015, 07:36 PM
7) Pittsburgh thought outside the box and ran the Wildcat with read option between Bell and Williams.

Looks like the ol' douchecanoe has been lurking on TGT. Steelers ran this on the opening drive tonight.

skipwondah33
10-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Wooohoo...no slider changes tonight. A Steeler kicker made a FG!!!!##

steelerfan
10-12-2015, 08:35 PM
It's GOOD!!!!

steelerfan
10-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Douchecanoe with another HORRIBLE call but Bell bailed his ass out.

steelerfan
10-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Also, Vick fucking SUCKS. He made a couple of plays tonight but fuck did he MISS a ton of open throws. And miss very badly at that.

It's sounding like Ben could be back sooner rather than later which cannot come soon enough.

steelerfan
10-12-2015, 10:47 PM
One more thing.

The refs fucked up at the end and it could have cost Pittsburgh. Miller was down with :08 left and the clock speed because of the defensive penalty. However, they never put time back on the clock and left it at :05.

If Bell got stopped, they could have still called a timeout if there were 7 or 8 seconds but at 5 the game would have ended.

Rudy
10-13-2015, 04:58 AM
The refs also had a 20+ second runoff on a touchback that nobody caught with just over two minutes to go. But aparrently the NFL is too busy cracking down on Twitter vines with nfl footage to care.

steelerfan
10-13-2015, 05:08 AM
The refs also had a 20+ second runoff on a touchback that nobody caught with just over two minutes to go. But aparrently the NFL is too busy cracking down on Twitter vines with nfl footage to care.
Yeah, saw that on NFLN. It was 18 seconds. Stupid.

skipwondah33
10-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Also, Vick fucking SUCKS. He made a couple of plays tonight but fuck did he MISS a ton of open throws. And miss very badly at that.

It's sounding like Ben could be back sooner rather than later which cannot come soon enough.Landry Jones sure as shit wouldn't have made that drive there in the 4th...so have to take what we can lol.

Have to admit those two throws to DHB (which I'm shocked he even caught) rolling to the left. And the throw to Heath between 2 defenders wasn't easy either...go figure. The easy ones he misses terribly, the hard ones he throws nicely. That throw he didn't even step into and it was a damn laser.

See the one AB dropped against Baltimore. Of course instead of AB getting a good part of the blame, it was how bad Vick threw the ball on that 4th down Out and heard 100 different excuses about the earth's axis and the rotational gravitational pull of a lefty's ball spin...yada yada.

Getting Bryant back and more weeks of practice will help I believe. Ben didn't look the greatest in this offense either when he and Haley first got together because everything was suppose to be quick...which Ben enjoys holding the ball at times...or atleast did.

A win is a win and will take it. Boswell hit a 47-yarder!! I feel like the Steelers won 2 times tonight

steelerfan
10-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Spin it however you like, aside from a couple of throws Vick missed badly almost every time.

He knows what to do and doesn't make stupid mistakes but he simply cannot make the throws on any consistent basis. He's done (there's a reason he was available in August).

psuexv
10-13-2015, 02:01 PM
Spin it however you like, aside from a couple of throws Vick missed badly almost every time.

He knows what to do and doesn't make stupid mistakes but he simply cannot make the throws on any consistent basis. He's done (there's a reason he was available in August).

Agreed. He's our best option obviously but not a very good option. While he did great on that final drive, if he does anything... anything the rest of the game we are not even in that position.

skipwondah33
10-13-2015, 02:19 PM

He knows what to do and doesn't make stupid mistakes but he simply cannot make the throws on any consistent basis. He's done (there's a reason he was available in August).No spin, just stating my opinion. Just don't want to hear about lefty spin anymore. If the ball hits your hands when he does throw it well enough to catch...they should catch it simple as that. Nothing wrong with having a game manager. Shit before the season even started everyone assumed the Steelers would need to score something like 40 points a game to even compete....

Agreed. He's our best option obviously but not a very good option. While he did great on that final drive, if he does anything... anything the rest of the game we are not even in that position.

Well now the Steelers weren't looking the best even with Ben against the Rams or the Patriots for that matter Offensively at good portions. Some curious play calls have been made regardless who was playing QB it seems. But yes the passing game was and is far better than it has been with Vick as expected.

3rd down efficiency has been one of the more telling issues that I've noticed. Has been rather awful

ram29jackson
10-14-2015, 05:44 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/airbus-just-patented-a-jet-that-can-fly-from-london-to-new-york-in-1-hour-2015-7

Certainly would make things easier for the NFL. The owners of course already knew it was being developed

SmoothPancakes
10-14-2015, 06:29 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/airbus-just-patented-a-jet-that-can-fly-from-london-to-new-york-in-1-hour-2015-7

Certainly would make things easier for the NFL. The owners of course already knew it was being developed

Proof?

steelerfan
10-14-2015, 11:22 PM
I've seen alot of dumb ideas, but THIS?

http://heavy.com/sports/2015/10/jimmy-fallon-hands-high-sports-apparel-shirts-hoodies-buy-fanatics/

Rudy
10-15-2015, 04:50 AM
I've seen alot of dumb ideas, but THIS?

http://heavy.com/sports/2015/10/jimmy-fallon-hands-high-sports-apparel-shirts-hoodies-buy-fanatics/

I can't tell if this is serious or not. Seems like a spoof.

steelerfan
10-15-2015, 04:54 AM
I can't tell if this is serious or not. Seems like a spoof.
No sir. It's real. I got an email from NFL dot Com announcing it and didn't want to embarrass Steelers fans by showing that email so I googled it. It wasn't until then that I found out Fallon was behind it.

It is real. I swear.

steelerfan
10-15-2015, 04:56 AM
The horrid evidence.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/15/390e80f0a021aa2f43b7bedc623f7796.jpg

souljahbill
10-15-2015, 06:31 AM

Unless the NFL is a majority stockholder, they had no clue this exists.

Rudy
10-15-2015, 06:37 AM
I don't think anyone should be drawing attention to see the arm pits.

skipwondah33
10-15-2015, 07:41 AM
I'm guessing the idea was to get as much brand recognition as possible. Since a good part of fans are throwing their arms in the air during big plays, etc. It's definitely odd but actually surprised wasn't done alot sooner.

On another note...I know Brown is the best WR in the game but he has to chill out on chirping in the media.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/15/antonio-brown-to-vick-trust-me-a-little-bit/

JBHuskers
10-15-2015, 10:18 AM
I don't think anyone should be drawing attention to see the arm pits.

:+1:

steelerfan
10-15-2015, 12:14 PM
So this guy got killed over a fucking football game. I read earlier that the crowd was egging the shooter on to kill him. Disgusting.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/15/dallas-cowboys-fan-shot-att-stadium-dies

Rudy
10-15-2015, 12:22 PM
That's awful. It's a freaking game people! There is nothing life or death about any sport! That's why watching football for free in front of my TV is the ideal spot. Let the crazed morons have the stadium all to themselves.

psuexv
10-15-2015, 12:24 PM

Point? No where in that article do I see anything relating to the NFL?

JBHuskers
10-15-2015, 12:31 PM
He's putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with derrrrrrr

psuexv
10-15-2015, 12:36 PM
So this guy got killed over a fucking football game. I read earlier that the crowd was egging the shooter on to kill him. Disgusting.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/15/dallas-cowboys-fan-shot-att-stadium-dies

The crowd egged him on?!?!? wtf All of those people should be charged with accessory.

psuexv
10-15-2015, 12:38 PM

We need to get Chris Berman to read all of Ram's posts in a segment of Whoops

JBHuskers
10-15-2015, 12:43 PM
We need to get Chris Berman to read all of Ram's posts in a segment of Whoops
Or the Swedish Chef...

SmoothPancakes
10-15-2015, 01:14 PM
Or the Swedish Chef...

That would be hilarious!

ram29jackson
10-15-2015, 02:07 PM

You can't think 2 steps ahead apparently like most commoners

ram29jackson
10-15-2015, 02:09 PM

Jets don't make that noise

psuexv
10-16-2015, 12:16 PM

Well I could if this was the 1st year that the NFL was playing games in London or promoting in London. But the fact that it's been going on for years, this news does nothing for me.

psuexv
10-16-2015, 12:18 PM

Well I could if this was the 1st year that the NFL was playing games in London or promoting in London. But the fact that it's been going on for years, this news does nothing for me.

I think this pretty much sums up your train of thinking on this subject

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DPrSEOEo

steelerfan
10-16-2015, 05:52 PM
ESPN NFL: Johnny Manziel pulled over due to domestic incident, admitted to drinking - police report 1st obtained by WEWS-TV.

Rudy
10-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Manziel has been such a bust. Such a good college player. But that lifestyle was always a well known part of him. Those kinds of guys can't be drafted in round one. Too much risk.

souljahbill
10-16-2015, 10:07 PM
ESPN NFL: Johnny Manziel pulled over due to domestic incident, admitted to drinking - police report 1st obtained by WEWS-TV.

That sucks. I thought he really turned it around.

JBHuskers
10-16-2015, 10:34 PM
Girlfriend says it was just an argument nothing more.

steelerfan
10-16-2015, 11:54 PM
Girlfriend says it was just an argument nothing more.

Yeah but he was also drinking and she said he hit her head against a window. NFL will definitely have a look.

SmoothPancakes
10-17-2015, 12:15 AM
And even then, after everything this summer with going to rehab, the promises he made to the Brown and Cleveland, constantly saying he was changed, and just months later he's out drinking, driving buzzed and getting into domestic arguments.

If anything, after going to rehab for alcohol, you probably should stay away from alcohol for more than just a couple months.

Whether he did anything illegal or anything the NFL can do something to him about, it's more so yet another giant PR hit for him in a never ending series of PR hits.

Rudy
10-17-2015, 04:51 AM
Not that shocking. People often have relapses. Those rehab places are usually only 10% successful on the general population.

SmoothPancakes
10-17-2015, 05:40 AM
Not, it's not shocking. People relapse all the time. But when you're getting paid millions of dollars a year, originally to throw a football, now to just sit with your ass on a bench, you would think he would take shit juuuuuust a little bit more seriously and try that much hard to not relapse.

Either way, the biggest thing is it's again a PR issue. There has been infinitely more negative news and PR about Johnny Douchebag than there has been (if there even has been any) positive PR and news.

I give it one more year, two tops, before he's cut by the Browns and no one else wants him and he drops from existence in the NFL. If he goes back to his partying ways at any point down the road, I give him 10 years before he's in the news for being found dead from either alcohol or drug related circumstances.

Rudy
10-18-2015, 07:48 AM
Watching some highlight runs of Le'Veon Bell against the Chargers. His vision is outstanding. Couldn't believe some of the yards he got through patience and vision.

steelerfan
10-18-2015, 02:09 PM
Go ahead and sugarcoat, skip, Vick SUCKS. I'm glad he's out, let's go, Landry!

steelerfan
10-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Landry Fucking Jones is the man!

Funny how Vick goes out and the Steelers offense can't be stopped. Here We Go , Steelers!

skipwondah33
10-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Go ahead and sugarcoat, skip, Vick SUCKS. I'm glad he's out, let's go, Landry!

No sugar coating again. 4th string QB, he is playing loose and great

He sucked in preseason though otherwise he would have taken Gradkowski's and Vick's job no? He wasn't even going to be in front of Bruce if he were healthy

We'll take his production though for sure and it was GREATLY needed.

More importantly how about this Defense as suspect of CB's that are on the field

steelerfan
10-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Landry Jones sure as shit wouldn't have made that drive there in the 4th...so have to take what we can lol.

Oh, really?

skipwondah33
10-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Did he not suck in preseason? Why didn't he win job then?

He was so good we had to sign a washed QB 2 weeks before season lol

steelerfan
10-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Did he not suck in preseason? Why didn't he win job then?
He was ordinary at best in the preseason. Of course he was not playing with Brown, Bell, Bryant etc. either.

That said, all I ever claimed was that Vick SUCKS. And he does.

skipwondah33
10-18-2015, 03:16 PM
Bryant had a decent preseason if I'm not mistaken. Jones still looked as awful especially thay HOF game missing wide open guys. They gave him all 5 games to prove himself I believe to even make the roster. Know he certainly played more than Vick.

Yeah Vick never was the answer but that was the QB we had lol. The reason he was even signed was because Jones hadn't shown anything in his numerous snaps.

Will take thsee W's though, treading water. Should be 3-0 in this time...but hey we found a kicker on our 4th try...and a QB

steelerfan
10-18-2015, 03:23 PM
I was saying that Jones never played with a full compliment of starters in the preseason. My comment had nothing to do with Bryant's preseason production. But, whatever.

So, if Ben is still out next week and Vick is healthy, who would you start? Vick or Jones?

skipwondah33
10-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Jones actually played with Bryant and Brown as well. The little time Vick had he hooked up with Bryant quite a few times, but I know Jones took majority of the snaps every game. Coates was the beneficiary of most targets with Jones.

Oh you have to stay with Jones next game. Even though the Chiefs will have a full week to prep for him, have to stick with Jones. Vick's only real asset was ability to run and he's hobbled now...and there's going to be a "rookie" Tackle (Villanueva) on the outside against Justin Houston and Tamba Hali.

Pittsburgh back to losing 2-3 key Lineman a year to injury. Knew last season was a fluke

Rudy
10-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Dolphins pound titans for a nice win. Let's see if they can maintain this energy and fire for more that the first week after Philbin got fired. Wake played great. Maybe his hammy was a big issue with his slow start. 0 sacks in first four games. 4 sacks today and held on two other chances.

JBHuskers
10-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Landry Fucking Jones is the man!

Funny how Vick goes out and the Steelers offense can't be stopped. Here We Go , Steelers!

He had what, 6 yards passing in the first half? :D

At least Ben is probably back next week or the week after.

steelerfan
10-19-2015, 10:16 AM
He had what, 6 yards passing in the first half? :D

At least Ben is probably back next week or the week after.
In 33:05, to be exact.

Meanwhile, Jones throws for 162 and 2 scores in 26:55.

But who's counting? ;)

steelerfan
10-20-2015, 08:16 PM
NFL: Seahawks RB Fred Jackson crashes car while drag racing teammate Marshawn Lynch near practice facility, TMZ reports.

JBHuskers
10-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Did anyone learn from Paul Walker?

baseballplyrmvp
10-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Jackson only hit a planter box and a stop sign. Not a very big crash

steelerfan
10-20-2015, 09:19 PM
It appears that there was no drag racing but rather Jackson pulled out of the team facilities too quickly and hit a stop sign.

I retract my :D

Nothing to see here other than that Feed Jackson is an idiot.

Carry on.

baseballplyrmvp
10-20-2015, 09:41 PM
Feed Jackson? Hitting the bottle a little earlier this week, eh steeler?

JBHuskers
10-21-2015, 03:57 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7oEFlRRXBK8/Vif8OJP9hvI/AAAAAAAAG6g/XL9K9BxewoE/w662-h805-no/stooges.jpg

skipwondah33
10-25-2015, 01:21 PM
Hoping for a better half of football from Steelers.

Only 4 turnovers for the season...not bad so far

skipwondah33
10-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Only 4 turnovers for the season...not bad so farMake it 5

Rotational axis pull from right handed QB caused the drop from AB and another pick.

skipwondah33
10-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Well nearly matched season total for turnovers coming into the game with 3.

Tough game

Rudy
10-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Dolphins kicked Houston's ass in the first half. I'm very curious to see how Miami plays Thursday night in New England. Everything is going well right now but that game will be a tough one. A win would be absolutely huge.

steelerfan
10-25-2015, 06:30 PM
Dolphins kicked Houston's ass in the first half. I'm very curious to see how Miami plays Thursday night in New England. Everything is going well right now but that game will be a tough one. A win would be absolutely huge.
Glad they destroyed Houston and hope they beat NE.

Rudy
10-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Who doesn't root for the Patriots to lose lol? They are the a-holes of the NFL.

I'm assuming that Big Ben is back next week?

steelerfan
10-25-2015, 09:10 PM
Who doesn't root for the Patriots to lose lol? They are the a-holes of the NFL.

I'm assuming that Big Ben is back next week?
Looks like he will be. We will see.

jaymo76
10-25-2015, 09:58 PM
First half today, Oakland looked outstanding! We matched our win total from last year!!!

Rudy
10-26-2015, 05:41 AM
Oakland was fun to watch in that game. At least that team has hope with a young QB. Bill obrien refuses to draft a good young qb because he doesn't want to overdraft someone and that team has no hope. Worse yet that defence isn't very good and they lost Foster too.

steelerfan
10-26-2015, 06:13 AM
Oakland was fun to watch in that game. At least that team has hope with a young QB. Bill obrien refuses to draft a good young qb because he doesn't want to overdraft someone and that team has no hope. Worse yet that defence isn't very good and they lost Foster too.
Foster is done. I'll be stunned if Houston keeps paying him (happy because he's brittle garbage but stunned nonetheless) and I'll be mildly surprised if he plays again anywhere else.

The problems are mounting for Houston. As it stands they only have 1 skill player that is worth a damn (Hopkins).

skipwondah33
10-26-2015, 08:27 AM
Oakland was fun to watch in that game. At least that team has hope with a young QB. Bill obrien refuses to draft a good young qb because he doesn't want to overdraft someone and that team has no hope. Worse yet that defence isn't very good and they lost Foster too.Finding QB's, even decent ones are difficult. Just look how long it took for Miami to find one...Tannehil is first viable one since..what Marino? And how many coaching staffs did it take at that?

Their best chance the past 2 drafts of landing a decent QB was the 2014 draft and not sure anyone would have wanted to take Bridgewater at #1.

But yeah they are in bad shape. Foster and Hopkins was their only assets on Offense, though Strong may be solid in a few years their chances of winning now relied on run game and Hopkins. Shame I recall when Foster was one of the better RB's in the game. Also remember him running around and through Pittsburgh a few years back. I don't see him bouncing back from yet another injury, especially this one.

JBHuskers
10-26-2015, 10:07 AM
Foster is done. I'll be stunned if Houston keeps paying him (happy because he's brittle garbage but stunned nonetheless) and I'll be mildly surprised if he plays again anywhere else.

The problems are mounting for Houston. As it stands they only have 1 skill player that is worth a damn (Hopkins).

Doesn't help that Mallett missed the team charter flight and had to fly commercial.

Rudy
10-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Mallett is a loser. It's why he left Michigan since the coaches hated him and he's been a douschebag in Houston. No surprise.

psuexv
10-26-2015, 03:20 PM
Mallett is a loser. It's why he left Michigan since the coaches hated him and he's been a douchcanoe in Houston. No surprise.

Fixed

skipwondah33
10-26-2015, 03:21 PM
Wonder how he lasted in NE so long.

JBHuskers
10-26-2015, 03:33 PM

He was supposed to be the successor to Tom Brady :D

steelerfan
10-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Mallett is a loser. It's why he left Michigan since the coaches hated him and he's been a douschebag in Houston. No surprise.
I've heard he left Michigan because he had a problem with cocaine.

steelerfan
10-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Because they drafted him and Belicheat knew he would trick some dumbass franchise into trading for him before his rookie deal expired.

The idiots here were excited to get him, because he was Brady's backup. I tried to tell them Belicheat wouldn't trade him for nothing if he was worth a damn.

Rudy
10-26-2015, 07:10 PM
I've heard he left Michigan because he had a problem with cocaine.

Could be. I had just heard the coaching staff had major problems with him and his leaving was not viewed as a bad thing. He's been a baby in Houston too. He's a nobody that couldn't beat out Hoyer and has missed two team functions.

skipwondah33
10-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Because they drafted him and Belicheat knew he would trick some dumbass franchise into trading for him before his rookie deal expired.

The idiots here were excited to get him, because he was Brady's backup. I tried to tell them Belicheat wouldn't trade him for nothing if he was worth a damn.

I mean't without messing up..like he has 2 times already since being in Houston

steelerfan
10-26-2015, 07:23 PM
I mean't without messing up..like he has 2 times already since being in Houston
I knew what you meant.

I guess he just thinks he can push around Coach Butthole Chin more than he could Belicheat.

skipwondah33
10-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Yep.

Hoyer is a former Patriot himself as well isn't he?

Rudy
10-27-2015, 04:37 AM
I read that O'Brien wanted to cut Mallett but GM said no. I think it's safe to say Hoyer is the man the rest of the year.

steelerfan
10-27-2015, 05:58 AM
I read that O'Brien wanted to cut Mallett but GM said no. I think it's safe to say Hoyer is the man the rest of the year.
Yeah, that's a dumpster fire. If Mallett is not the guy for now, doesn't appear to be the guy for the future and is a problem - why keep him?

That kind of power play by Rick Smith sends a clear message that Mr. Anus Chin is either on his way out or he's going to have to accept being a Jason Garret-type puppet. He's now powerless to his players and that can't go well.

steelerfan
10-27-2015, 11:34 AM
The Texans released Mallett. Apparently, his release was vetoed by Smith earlier but the story is that Bung Chin wanted to release him on Saturday which would have left the Tex-Anns without a backup QB against Miami.

If that's true, it makes sense that it was initially vetoed. I guess the story is not as bad as it sounded yesterday but Sphincter Jaw looks like a dumbass, IMO, for suggesting they cut him on Saturday.

skipwondah33
10-27-2015, 11:51 AM
The Texans released Mallett. Apparently, his release was vetoed by Smith earlier but the story is that Bung Chin wanted to release him on Saturday which would have left the Tex-Anns without a backup QB against Miami.

If that's true, it makes sense that it was initially vetoed. I guess the story is not as bad as it sounded yesterday but Sphincter Jaw looks like a dumbass, IMO, for suggesting they cut him on Saturday.He did need to be cut Saturday. Should have sent him right home after he paid for his flight to Miami.

I'd have rather used a punter at QB than have had him dress. As it turns out wouldn't have mattered anyway way the game turned out

steelerfan
10-27-2015, 12:00 PM
He did need to be cut Saturday. Should have sent him right home after he paid for his flight to Miami.

I'd have rather used a punter at QB than have had him dress. As it turns out wouldn't have mattered anyway way the game turned out
That kind of tough guy, emotion-filled, decision-making would get you fired in a heartbeat.

The Texans suck. But had they won Sunday they'd be tied for first in their division. If Hoyer was hurt and they cut their backup on Saturday, both Butt Chin and Rick Smith would be unemployed today.

That authoritarian discipline bullshit doesn't work in that situation. They did the right thing by waiting to cut him today.

skipwondah33
10-27-2015, 02:37 PM
That kind of tough guy, emotion-filled, decision-making would get you fired in a heartbeat.

The Texans suck. But had they won Sunday they'd be tied for first in their division. If Hoyer was hurt and they cut their backup on Saturday, both Butt Chin and Rick Smith would be unemployed today.

That authoritarian discipline bullshit doesn't work in that situation. They did the right thing by waiting to cut him today.He's likely going to be fired anyway in the next year or so lol

Belichick released a guy a few days before the Super Bowl lol. Granted he wasn't going to make an impact anyway or same situation, principle still applies.

Not about being a tough guy or any that just dealing with a guy who isn't contributing to the team and more of a hassle than he is helping and looking nearly helpless as you said previously when they were stupid to keep him.

Had Hoyer gotten seriously hurt and Mallett comes in and performs well...now you have a QB that you absolutely need to have that doesn't give a shit about rules or your policies.

steelerfan
10-27-2015, 02:49 PM
He's likely going to be fired anyway in the next year or so lol

Belichick released a guy a few days before the Super Bowl lol. Granted he wasn't going to make an impact anyway or same situation, principle still applies.

Not about being a tough guy or any that just dealing with a guy who isn't contributing to the team and more of a hassle than he is helping and looking nearly helpless as you said previously when they were stupid to keep him.

Had Hoyer gotten seriously hurt and Mallett comes in and performs well...now you have a QB that you absolutely need to have that doesn't give a shit about rules or your policies.

If you're willing to throw away a multi-million dollar paycheck over some jackass missing a flight there is no helping you.

If, say, on Sunday the Texans were up 13-10 in the 3rd quarter and Hoyer got hurt and you had to put in the punter at QB you would be lynched in Houston and on social media.

Ownership would not tolerate letting a chance to move into first place get away because you cut your only back up the night before to prove a point. Both the HC and GM would be gone for only having 2 QBs to begin with.

This isn't Madden. You don't do such stupid things and expect the checks to keep coming.

The Belicheat situation does not apply at all. The player he cut wasn't the only backup he had.

You're thinking like a gamer and not like a guy who likes getting paid.

skipwondah33
10-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Last I checked none of us were the coach of the Houston Texans. We're all Monday morning QB's/Coach/GM's/Commissioners and can have such opinions. Of course I make that decision sitting in my office not coaching, being a fan of or giving two shits about the Texans QB situation or what happens to Mallet. All I cared about Sunday was Hoyer getting me more fantasy points to help keep this 2 game win streak going while Ben has been out.

The Coach obviously knows more about football than probably both of us combined so pretty sure he knew more of what he was doing than either of us.

Maybe he needed more clout to do such a move...or Houston is in alot more trouble than just a coach and GM...which I believe to be the case.

Regarding the hypothetical "lynching" with such a move...sure that wouldn't be the first time a black man was lynched in Texas.

steelerfan
10-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Um, O'Brien is white.

souljahbill
10-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Um, O'Brien is white.

LMFAO

Rudy
10-29-2015, 08:58 PM
The Dolphins offence was complete horseshit in the first half. Couldn't have played much worse. Everyone was awful. Let's see them show some fight in the second half.

SmoothPancakes
10-29-2015, 10:26 PM
Another terrible primetime game by the NFL. Thanks script writers!

Rudy
10-29-2015, 10:26 PM
And Cam Wake ruptured his Achilles. Rough night. He may be finished as a Dolphin.

plotty01
10-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Hooray for Chiefs playing at 830 tomorrow morning. I will be sleeping lol

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

jaymo76
10-31-2015, 05:30 PM
Really wish Thursday night football would drop the division rivalry crap that they started last year. I want to see some unique, rare matchups rather than the same matchups I have watched for 30+ years.

Rudy
11-01-2015, 04:01 AM
They had so many blowouts last year that I think the division matchups are best. Division teams know each other better and don't need as much prep. Road teams can't really practice for Thursday so they just fly out and play.

steelerfan
11-01-2015, 04:55 AM
Last year was all blowouts but wasn't last year all division games too?

Rudy
11-01-2015, 08:39 AM
I can't remember. This year has been better in terms of blowouts (barring Miami beatdown). Either way the NFL is interested in making more TV money, not less so Thursday games have been a big success.

skipwondah33
11-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Well...I'm guessing a torn ACL or MCL for Le'Veon Bell...if not a severe sprain to the MCL

If neither EXTREMELY lucky. Had a tear of both of mine in HS similar looking to that

Nothing like getting your QB back and losing RB in same game.

jaymo76
11-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Last year was all blowouts but wasn't last year all division games too?

Yup. This is the 2nd year of all division games.

steelerfan
11-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Tomlin costs Pittsburgh again with his ignorance of clock management. :fp:

souljahbill
11-01-2015, 03:52 PM
52-49 Saints over Giants. The booth mentioned multiple times how it was like watching a Big 12 game.

skipwondah33
11-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Turnovers.....turnovers....turnovers. Just when the QB problem was going to be solved

Defense played great though

On an unrelated note the Raiders are roasting Jets

skipwondah33
11-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Steelers host a hot and confident Raiders team next week. Hope for a better game. Had 4 total turnovers going into Chiefs game (in 5 games)....have 5 already in 2 games since.

Hate to have had to miss game next week..lost money on the tickets too

jaymo76
11-01-2015, 07:06 PM
After a deacade of being made fun of.... I just want to say one thing... "just win baby!" :Oakland_Raiders:

skipwondah33
11-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Well...I'm guessing a torn ACL or MCL for Le'Veon Bell...if not a severe sprain to the MCL

Had a tear of both of mine in HS similar looking to that.
Early reports is that Bell "badly tore" MCL and is/would be out for season.

I didnt even see play completely just the initial part of tackle and knew it would end badly, refuse to watch knee injuries after going through mine and watching Willis McGahee's in college.

JBHuskers
11-02-2015, 12:32 PM
After a deacade of being made fun of.... I just want to say one thing... "just win baby!" :Oakland_Raiders:

They're only 4-3, still time to do enough to get made fun of some more :D

skipwondah33
11-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Never understood the appeals process of suspended players and all that against the NFL. I know the NFLPA chimes up every time someone is "unjustly" suspended or the player's rights are ignored...yada, yada.

Just curious to know who gets the flack for this Hardy thing...the NFLPA or the arbitrator who got the suspension shortened? Likely neither and it will all be the Cowboys and NFL who catch the heat with the recent pictures released.

Suspend a guy for fucking up and doing something stupid, then risk being taken to court and "losing" the case...said guy either isn't suspended anymore or gets it greatly shortened. Ah gotta love it

jaymo76
11-06-2015, 02:28 PM
How can any fans in Cleveland still think Manziel is a better option over McCown. Look at the numbers! Look at the production! Look at the preparation! Listen to the feedback from teammates! Granted Cleveland's record under McCown isn't great but he has been phenomenal this year.

steelerfan
11-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Wheel of Failure.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/06/ef770f00071293892051c5811dedd208.jpg

Rudy
11-06-2015, 04:33 PM
How can any fans in Cleveland still think Manziel is a better option over McCown. Look at the numbers! Look at the production! Look at the preparation! Listen to the feedback from teammates! Granted Cleveland's record under McCown isn't great but he has been phenomenal this year.

The Browns are simply awful. Look at their first round history. Brutal. Had two first rounders and took Richardson and Weeden. TRich was high on everyone's list but a collossal bust. Weeden was already planning for retirement when they drafted him. I didn't like that pick. Then they took Gilbert and Manziel. Manziel was clearly risky. Gilbert is more hindsight but the part that really seemed odd was I would have rather stayed put and taken Watkins then traded down the way they did.

But this team's offensive personel is terrible. With Gordon done who do they have? Travis Benjamin and Duke Johnson who is barely used. And Benjamin is a FA. The defense is bad despite having a lot of money tied up in it. A meddling idiot for an owner and a lousy front office. Just a very toxic and bad environment.

steelerfan
11-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Might be a good idea for the Raiders to try and cover Antonio Brown today.

10 catches, 180 yards at halftime.

Rudy
11-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Brent Grimes was absolutely roasted Watkins today.

skipwondah33
11-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Catastrophic proportions if Ben is out for season.

Well here we go Landry

JBHuskers
11-08-2015, 03:44 PM
First time in NFL history that we have three 8-0 teams (CIN, NE, CAR)

steelerfan
11-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Might be a good idea for the Raiders to try and cover Antonio Brown today.

10 catches, 180 yards at halftime.
Finished with 17 for 284. Wow.

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2015, 04:18 PM
First time in NFL history that we have three 8-0 teams (CIN, NE, CAR)

At this rate there's not gonna be four. :fp:

I don't what the hell Denver's issue is when they play Indy.

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Go fuck yourself Aqib Talib. You fucking dumbass.

JBHuskers
11-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Go fuck yourself Aqib Talib. You fucking dumbass.

He went all Ric Flair there :D WOOOOOOOOOO!

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/522a2049e4b0a0ce717e990c/t/526a62c9e4b09f576c311cd2/1382703854170/

steelerfan
11-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Lol. Moron.

NFL: Raiders' Ray-Ray Armstrong probed for taunting police dog before Steelers game; alleged crime a 3rd-degree felony*-via ESPN.

souljahbill
11-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Luck still faking injuries
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14099311/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-miss-2-6-weeks-lacerated-kidney?ex_cid=espnfb

JBHuskers
11-12-2015, 09:35 PM
I love the all reds against the all greens tonight. Looks great on television.

Rudy
11-13-2015, 05:05 AM
Didn't like those Bill's uniforms. They have a nice set right now but they looked like the old Pats last night.

psuexv
11-13-2015, 11:45 AM
I love the all reds against the all greens tonight. Looks great on television.

JBHuskers
11-13-2015, 12:21 PM
The team has 22 players on the field! The NFL is fixed!!!!

psuexv
11-13-2015, 10:21 PM
The team has 22 players on the field! The NFL is fixed!!!!

Lol

steelerfan
11-14-2015, 11:31 PM
Steelers: QB Ben Roethlisberger to serve as backup to Landry Jones vs. Browns on Sunday, source tells Britt McHenry.

This should tell you all you need to know about Mike Vick, if it's true. The Steelers would rather risk their gimpy franchise QB as a backup than have a chance that Vick plays again.

Vick sucks.

SmoothPancakes
11-14-2015, 11:55 PM
I'm still waiting for Vick's name to show up on the Top 25 best selling NFL jerseys. I guess ram got another thing wrong. :eyeroll:

Rudy
11-15-2015, 06:04 PM
I hate the Patriots but I love how they play defence. They press, get in your face and make you work for all your passing yards. It's especially important when teams rely on timing and quick throws. I can't stand watching teams give huge cushions to WRs and play bend but don't break crap. Get after people! The Dolphins need to do this more. I know they don't want to give up big plays but do it more often. It's how teams need to play the Pats too.

skipwondah33
11-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Hear Peyton had a rough 3 quarters in terms of picks and yards

Rudy
11-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Peyton had 0 TD'S and 4 ints. He was 5 for 20 for 33 yards at one point.

Giants have low so many games this year. Some great finishes this week. Dolphins pulled it out and the Lions almost gave me a heart attack.

Rudy
11-15-2015, 07:14 PM
Peyton's arm looks shot. He had so little zip on some of those balls. But I don't understand the bad decisions. I only saw the bad highlights but he has 6 TD'S and 14 INTS in his last six games I think. His late season swoon happening sooner. Maybe they need to rest his arm more during the week.

psuexv
11-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah he's showing his age big time this year

Rudy
11-15-2015, 07:31 PM
He was on the injury report and Kubiak said he shouldn't have played him. He hasn't done a great job of tailoring the offence to Peyton like last year. Running bootlegs isn't exactly a Peyton specially at this point.

skipwondah33
11-15-2015, 07:36 PM
Kubiak doesn't adjust to his QB's, makes them adjust to me. He hasn't done well to my knowledge with anyone in the past 4-5 years but keeps getting a job

Not really sure why they are doing some of the stuff they don on Offense.

souljahbill
11-15-2015, 07:59 PM
Kubiak doesn't adjust to his QB's, makes them adjust to me. He hasn't done well to my knowledge with anyone in the past 4-5 years but keeps getting a job

Not really sure why they are doing some of the stuff they don on Offense.

I don't understand why they're not in the Pistol all the time. Peyton likes being in shotgun and Kubiak wants to run downhill. Just go Pistol.

souljahbill
11-15-2015, 09:40 PM
I'm going to bed. It's taking to long to start the drama http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/5f1044527242c3ab18278b7f78181bda.jpg

skipwondah33
11-15-2015, 11:02 PM
I don't understand why they're not in the Pistol all the time. Peyton likes being in shotgun and Kubiak wants to run downhill. Just go Pistol.

Would make sense to me as well and sounds like a compromise

JBHuskers
11-16-2015, 12:10 PM
So I guess I might not be that far off with my 8-8 prediction for Da Bears. They are really turning the corner and Cutler has gone from I want him gone to he's best for the team again. He's so much more fundamentally sound and has a new demeanor.

JBHuskers
11-16-2015, 12:17 PM
So let's see how I'm doing to determine how the NFL is fixed :D green being good, yellow being close, red being WRONG

The preseason starts Sunday!

Here are my predictions sure to be wrong for this year:

AFC EAST
AFC NORTH
AFC SOUTH
AFC WEST

1. New England
1. Pittsburgh
1. Indianapolis
1. Denver

2. Miami
2. Baltimore
2. Houston
2. San Diego*

3. Buffalo
3. Cincinnati
3. Jacksonville
3. Kansas City*

4. NY Jets
4. Cleveland
4. Tennessee
4. Oakland

NFC EAST
NFC NORTH
NFC SOUTH
NFC WEST

1. Dallas
1. Green Bay
1. Carolina
1. Seattle

2. NY Giants*
2. Minnesota
2. Atlanta
2. Arizona*

3. Philadelphia
3. Chicago
3. New Orleans
3. San Francisco

4. Washington
4. Detroit
4. Tampa Bay
4. St. Louis

WILD CARD

Pittsburgh d. Kansas City
San Diego d. New England
NY Giants d. Carolina
Arizona d. Green Bay

DIVISIONAL

Pittsburgh d. Indianapolis
Denver d. San Diego
Seattle d. NY Giants
Dallas d. Arizona

CONFERENCE

Pittsburgh d. Denver
Seattle d. Dallas

SUPER BOWL 50

Pittsburgh d. Seattle

JBHuskers
11-18-2015, 01:24 PM
So to the Tim Tebow sympathizers (CLW) Champ Bailey was recently asked about how it was like practicing against him.

The coaches had to tell the defense to give the offense an extra yard or two so Tebow could gain more confidence :D :D :D

steelerfan
11-18-2015, 01:48 PM

skipwondah33
11-18-2015, 02:04 PM
I read that yesterday, didn't surprise me

Wondered at what point he gained confidence against Pittsburgh back in 2011 while he had the best game of his NFL career against them...still can't believe that

steelerfan
11-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Lol. Fucking 4-letter network.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/charlie-batchs-186-yard-two-pick-game-has-espns-best-qbr-ever/

JBHuskers
11-20-2015, 01:39 AM
Lol. Fucking 4-letter network.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/charlie-batchs-186-yard-two-pick-game-has-espns-best-qbr-ever/
What's confusing is they call it QBR and the actual stat that we know the formula to is quarterback rating.

I remember when ESPN blew their load on the unveiling of this.

I hope that story catches on at Deadspin or somewhere else nationally just so more people can laugh at ESPN.

steelerfan
11-20-2015, 02:17 AM
What's confusing is they call it QBR and the actual stat that we know the formula to is quarterback rating.

I remember when ESPN blew their load on the unveiling of this.

I hope that story catches on at Deadspin or somewhere else nationally just so more people can laugh at ESPN.

Actually, the old stat is a Passer Rating. You don't have to be a QB to have one, you have to throw a pass.

That said, ESPN and their QBR are BULLSHIT. :)

Rudy
11-20-2015, 04:45 AM
I don't care for the QBR either since it's subjective. I want a plug and play formula. I wouldn't mind seeing rushing totals added to the formula and sacks taken but it should be done in a math type way where it's not just an opinion. You should run a regression analysis on season stats and use those numbers to predict wins. It's so hard though since football is the ultimate team game and the talent around you dictates so much. Either way if you come up with a new formula I want to see a detailed analysis done behind it.

steelerfan
11-24-2015, 11:37 AM
NFL: Browns' Mike Pettine unsure if Johnny Manziel starts Monday after video of QB partying arises; it's "disappointing".

bdoughty
11-24-2015, 02:57 PM
NFL: Browns' Mike Pettine unsure if Johnny Manziel starts Monday after video of QB partying arises; it's "disappointing".

No start for you Johnny Football. If this was anyone but the Browns or Cowboys, I might feel some sympathy. Since it is the Browns. HA HA!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14215359/cleveland-browns-start-josh-mccown-johnny-manziel

Almost forgot. He pulled a double FU to Ohio last weekend.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUYNh03UwAAPYAm.jpg

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Demoted to 3rd string QB. :D

jaymo76
11-24-2015, 07:49 PM
Demoted to 3rd string QB. :D

I feel for Pettine. He must just be losing his mind with this guy. I am pulling for McCown however. He has played very well in his last handful of games.

Rudy
11-24-2015, 09:06 PM
It is a huge double standard that Manziel gets in trouble for legally partying on his bye week (although he shouldn't as an addict) while Greg Hardy gets praised by JJ. If Manziel was more talented they wouldn't have done a thing. Pettine is so fired though.

SmoothPancakes
11-26-2015, 12:56 PM
What a dumbass. I think this likely played into the reason to send his ass to the bench as the #3 QB. Nothing like proving yourself completely entirely untrustworthy by lying to your coach's face and even telling your friends to lie to help cover your ass. :fp:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/26/d137fa455965072efa0c3a84d98484e9.jpg

gschwendt
11-26-2015, 01:11 PM
Deadspin has a report that he asked his friends to lie to the Browns about the party. I haven't read it but someone linked the article on Twitter.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

steelerfan
11-26-2015, 01:13 PM
He's a worthless POS. I'm so happy it was Cleveland that was stupid enough to take a chance on him.

Cleveland's Wheel of Failure just keeps on rolling.

SmoothPancakes
11-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Yep, I'm hearing the same thing from Fox Sports and ESPN. Asked and told his friends to lie for him and try and further cover his ass.

He's gotta be done in Cleveland after this season. If not, then this must be his very last chance. Pettine can't even trust him to own up to crap now. He's just gonna try and lie his way through like he's still a frat boy back in college.

He clearly still wants to live the rich boy party life, even after all the promises he's made to the Browns throughout the year and the trip to rehab, etc, and now he's graduated to lying to the faces of his coaches and trying to bolster his lie by dragging his friends into the lie. How can Pettine, or any other coaching staff trust him after everything these last two years?

souljahbill
11-26-2015, 03:03 PM
I tell students all the time, tell the truth and take your L. Administrators already know the truth before asking questions. They only ask to see if they can compound the punishment.

ram29jackson
11-26-2015, 03:15 PM
http://i0.wp.com/www.brobible.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/863668773-1.gif?resize=512%2C275

steelerfan
11-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Loloromololol!

ram29jackson
11-26-2015, 11:51 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/PerfectPeskyDogfish.gif

jaymo76
11-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Not a Steelers fan... but if I would I'm pretty sure Mike Tomlin would make me lose my mind. Some of his decisions the past two seasons... I just don't get it???

As for MY Raiders... Derek Carr you are becoming one heck of a football player. Well done!

Rudy
11-29-2015, 07:43 PM
The Dolphins suck. And even worse they aren't fun to watch either. The offence is garbage. The defence is garbage. So few bright spots on this team.

souljahbill
11-29-2015, 08:14 PM
The Saints suck. And even worse they aren't fun to watch either. The offence is garbage. The defence is garbage. So few bright spots on this team.

Fixed

steelerfan
11-29-2015, 11:00 PM
Thank you, Denver!

- All NFL Fans who don't root for the fucking Cheatriots

jaymo76
11-30-2015, 12:48 AM
Thank you, Denver!

- All NFL Fans who don't root for the fucking Cheatriots

So the real question... has Manning played his last game as a Bronco? In all good conscience, can Kubiak go back to him now? Unless Oswheiller has a bad game I just don't know how you do?

steelerfan
11-30-2015, 12:56 AM
So the real question... has Manning played his last game as a Bronco? In all good conscience, can Kubiak go back to him now? Unless Oswheiller has a bad game I just don't know how you do?
It's way too early to ask that.

Landry Jones had one good game when Big Ben was out and you would have been laughed out of the building for asking it then.

If Manning is 100% and what we've seen from him was the result of injury, it's his job. If he is still crap at 100% AND Osweiler is playing well then you stay with Osweiler.

If Osweiler throws 5 interceptions next week, you'll forget you ever asked this question. (Point being: it's to early and the facts needed to make that decision are not yet available).

Rudy
11-30-2015, 05:05 AM
Young qbs get tested after 3 or 4 games when teams start to figure them out. After that let's see how they adjust. That said I don't think Peyton has enough arm to lead this team to a Superbowl so I let Brock keep going.

steelerfan
11-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Young qbs get tested after 3 or 4 games when teams start to figure them out. After that let's see how they adjust. That said I don't think Peyton has enough arm to lead this team to a Superbowl so I let Brock keep going.

I agree, except for the last sentence. If you're right and Manning has no am left then Osweiler should keep playing - yes. But, we don't know that yet (not to mention that we don't know how much injury has played a factor in Manning's performance).

I think you and I are saying the same thing, I'm just not committing until I have to. Steelers Director of Football Operations, Kevin Colbert always says, "don't make a decision until you have to." And, while he his far from flawless, it's good advice.

skipwondah33
11-30-2015, 07:50 AM
They showed a stat during game yesterday showing what percentage of play calls from which formation with Manning and Osweiler. Don't recall the numbers exactly but something like 75%+ was Under Center for Osweiler. Of course Shotgun and Pistol favored Manning. Kubiak definitely gets to run the type of Offense he wants with Brock in.

Come playoff time not sure I'd want what is essentially a rookie QB in. Manning never really wanted to move around much so if it limits his mobility...eh, however if it limits being able to plant and put what arm he has left in throws...then well.

Rudy
11-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Dolphins fire Lazor. Everyone is going to be gone in a month.

JBHuskers
11-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Who would have thought an ex Husker QB would be an offensive coordinator in the NFL?

JBHuskers
11-30-2015, 09:40 PM
Just like that, Manziel is back in.

JBHuskers
11-30-2015, 09:42 PM
Never mind. He was catching the balls being thrown to him by the actual 2nd string guy Austin Davis :D

psusnoop
11-30-2015, 11:10 PM
He's a worthless POS. I'm so happy it was Cleveland that was stupid enough to take a chance on him.

Cleveland's Wheel of Failure just keeps on rolling.

And the hits keep coming :D

https://youtu.be/axDyLkvaG7U

steelerfan
12-01-2015, 01:42 AM
Yep! :D

Cleveland has a way of turning "success" into "suck cess". Morons! :D

JBHuskers
12-01-2015, 01:44 AM
Maybe the owner will move the team to St. Louis when the Rams leave for LA :D

jaymo76
12-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Maybe the owner will move the team to St. Louis when the Rams leave for LA :D

Sadly I think the Oak/SD bid is the one the NFL wants. Losing my Raiders to LA... again... painful and wrong!

JBHuskers
12-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Sadly I think the Oak/SD bid is the one the NFL wants. Losing my Raiders to LA... again... painful and wrong!
Why has there been all the back and forth?

jaymo76
12-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Why has there been all the back and forth?

My understanding is that the NFL wants two teams playing out of one stadium. In addition, STL and the local govt are putting up a massive amount of money for a new stadium. Oakland and SD local governments have rejected the call to help fund new stadiums. Plus, the Carson City bid has the backing of the former Disney CEO. Seems like a done deal... :( Truth being told, STL should move. Keep the Chargers and Raiders where they are!

jaymo76
12-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Prett weak call on Detoit IMO. However what a phenomenal throw by Rodgers. Where the heck was the Detroit D?

Rudy
12-04-2015, 04:41 AM
Such a Lions way to lose. Up 21-0 and lose on a hail Mary.

JBHuskers
12-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Detroit has the worst run offense in the league, they should have done short dump passes to gain yards and run out the clock.

JBHuskers
12-04-2015, 04:15 PM
http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Facemask-e1449236100319.jpg

JBHuskers
12-04-2015, 04:20 PM
I have YET to see ONE positive comment for Coldplay playing the halftime show. But this is the best comment I have seen so far:

"They going for a record of halftime show suicides?"

souljahbill
12-04-2015, 05:15 PM
http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Facemask-e1449236100319.jpg

I'm with the refs on this one. In regular speed that's hard to decipher. I thought it was a face mask until I saw the super slo-mo video.

jaymo76
12-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Yeah Detroit... that's why you lost... :fp: The game was yours and you f'd it up. 21 point lead and you blow it? You deserve to lose. Plus that last play was inexcusable.

steelerfan
12-04-2015, 06:48 PM
For the record, their lead was 20, not 21. :D

Of course, I did notice that it is our 2 Canadian brothers who said 21 so perhaps it has something to do with the exchange rate or metric system. :dunno: :D

Rudy
12-04-2015, 09:02 PM
LOL.

I totally thought that was a facemask live (I woke up off the couch to see the last two plays). But it was not. Their hail mary defence was awful too.

steelerfan
12-07-2015, 12:49 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

https://youtu.be/HaZ78t3qz1w

psuexv
12-07-2015, 01:22 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

https://youtu.be/HaZ78t3qz1w

Lolololol

skipwondah33
12-07-2015, 02:39 PM
That is gold!!! :D

JBHuskers
12-07-2015, 03:39 PM
That was great :D

steelerfan
12-09-2015, 09:11 PM
http://www.theonion.com/article/mike-pettine-worried-bengals-gave-rest-league-blue-52013

JBHuskers
12-18-2015, 04:27 PM
Let’s Redesign Every NFL Logo As Donald Trump And Make The League Great Again (http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/12/donald-trump-nfl-logos/)

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/trump-logos-featured.jpg?quality=80

Rudy
12-20-2015, 05:25 PM
The Dolphins are an embarrassment.

steelerfan
12-21-2015, 02:56 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/12/antonio-browns-355-receptions-past-three-seasons-nfl-history/

JBHuskers
12-21-2015, 08:17 AM
McCarron is the first Bama QB to start and win an NFL game since 1987 :D

Rudy
12-22-2015, 04:16 AM
I have always felt the horse collar rule was crap and an over reaction to Roy Williams hurting two players. Players get hurt in the NFL all the time. We get 6 concussions every week. Slam into each other at full speed is fine but chase down a runner and pull him down by the back of his jersey near the collar is banned? It's so stupid. Almost every time I see the call there is almost nothing dangerous about it. Football is a dangerous sport and that stupid rule seems to forget that.

Feel free to vote on my twitter poll if you agree or disagree.

Check out @rudyjuly2's Tweet: https://twitter.com/rudyjuly2/status/679242908977913856?s=09

steelerfan
12-22-2015, 05:50 AM
It is dumb. It is an overreaction.

That said, the NFL will never remove a safety rule. (I know you know this)

bdoughty
12-22-2015, 08:05 AM
Yes, it should continue to stay a penalty in the NFL, NCAA, CFL, High School, etc, etc. Why? Because it can be dangerous and nobody should tackle that way.

Rudy
12-22-2015, 08:54 AM
Grabbing an arm, knee, ankle are all dangerous too. Crackback hits where a defender doesn't notice the blocker are FAR more dangerous but still allowed. Cut blocks injure far more players too. So many other things are legal and far more dangerous imo.

skipwondah33
12-22-2015, 08:55 AM
Yes, it should continue to stay a penalty in the NFL, NCAA, CFL, High School, etc, etc. Why? Because it can be dangerous and nobody should tackle that way.I think it should as well.

Growing up when I played that was considered the ole' tackle method..well similar to it. Wait until guy runs slightly past or next to you, then grab him by collar or shoulder pads. instead of breaking down in tackling from the front.

Know that's different from chasing and dragging down, but same end result.

A good amount of NFL players don't seem to know how to tackle anyway

skipwondah33
12-22-2015, 08:57 AM
Grabbing an arm, knee, ankle are all dangerous too. Crackback hits where a defender doesn't notice the blocker are FAR more dangerous but still allowed. Cut blocks injure far more players too. So many other things are legal and far more dangerous imo.And some of those should be banned as well

But don't think that justifies removing another just because.

It doesn't happen as much as it use to. Alot of times I see guys noticing they are grabbing the collar and will let go. Granted the ball carrier is usually going out of bounds at that point

skipwondah33
12-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Of course the guy who couldn't cut it in Houston and flunked off the team...has a career day this week....12 days being put on team lol

Careless throws...that last one had a nice bail out

steelerfan
12-27-2015, 03:53 PM
Yeah, Tomlin and Douchecanoe did a great job with the game plan. Run against one of the worst pass defenses in the league and then throw when you can't move the ball consistently and have dug a deficit.

Wtf are you doing going empty backfield on 1st and goal at the 1? They did get bailed out of that STUPID decision.

Not to mention that Roethlisberger was awful and the defense was largely shit on 3rd down.

Rudy
12-28-2015, 04:24 AM
The Dolphins keep finding new ways to lose. Center forgetting the snap count on the final play was a new one. Miko Grimes is a classless bitch too. Dan Campbell's game management is awful and so is this team.

skipwondah33
12-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Wtf are you doing going empty backfield on 1st and goal at the 1? They did get bailed out of that STUPID decision.

That's nothing new...been doing that silly shit for 2-3 years now

Ben probably still shouldn't have forced a pass into what was double coverage since the fade route was wide open. All of his interceptions and would be interceptions were when trying to force Brown the ball...gift and a curse suppose

steelerfan
12-28-2015, 08:47 AM
That's nothing new...been doing that silly shit for 2-3 years now

Ben probably still shouldn't have forced a pass into what was double coverage since the fade route was wide open. All of his interceptions and would be interceptions were when trying to force Brown the ball...gift and a curse suppose
Yeah, they've been doing that silly shit since Douchecanoe became the OC. He likes to get too cute sometimes.

skipwondah33
12-28-2015, 09:37 AM
He likes to get too cute sometimes.:+1: Not enough of these to fully appreciate that statement.

Rudy
12-28-2015, 09:01 PM
The Dolphins do that crap too. Short yardage with only 1 yard to pick up and you don't have a RB in the backfield making you completely one dimensional (unless you plan a QB run)? I hate it. Play action is lost in that situation too.

JBHuskers
12-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Chip Kelly fired. All of a sudden there are more openings at colleges across the nation :D

jaymo76
12-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Chip Kelly fired. All of a sudden there are more openings at colleges across the nation :D

Bizarre time to make the switch. Whatever, the guy is guaranteed a boatload of money so I'm sure he doesn't mind. The only two questions I would love for Kelly to answer:

1. Bradford... seriously? That's who you wanted to run your offense?
2. Murray and the run schemes... why not change them up to fit his style?

steelerfan
12-29-2015, 09:23 PM
I wonder how long it took Texas to call Kelly.

cdj
12-29-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm guessing he'll end up at Tennessee for a few years (take away personnel decisions + Mariota = Super Bowls, right?) so colleges can begin their posturing now to hold on for 2-3 years until the NFL completely washes their hands of him.

USC has to be kicking themselves right now. Signed their interim - that they could have gotten at anytime - and now they probably would have had major bargaining room and positioning for Chip.

The amount of colleges (or their boosters) second guessing recent hirings/firings right now has to be insane.

Rudy
12-29-2015, 10:54 PM
They are saying that Kelly wants another shot in the NFL and not college. His ego and how he handles players needs to change imo. He certainly shouldn't have control of personel but what is scary is that he didn't even know what works best in his system. Getting rid of all his fast WRs and then spending big on a thumper RB when a scat back is better was a mistake. And many players seem annoyed by his different routines. Will be curious to hear player comments out of Philly.

JBHuskers
12-30-2015, 02:13 AM
Tennessee was asked about Kelly last week, their response was "he's under contract". Pretty sure that phone line was WIDE open tonight.

souljahbill
12-30-2015, 08:57 AM
Tennessee was asked about Kelly last week, their response was "he's under contract". Pretty sure that phone line was WIDE open tonight.

*sings^ You used to call me on my cell phone.....

JBHuskers
12-30-2015, 09:06 AM
*sings^ You used to call me on my cell phone.....

To nobody's surprise, I play that song in the strip club :D and might be the only one here who knows what song you're talking about :D

Rudy
12-30-2015, 05:56 PM
I know that one! Drake has memes all over. Funny Obama video too.

baseballplyrmvp
12-31-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm guessing he'll end up at Tennessee for a few years (take away personnel decisions + Mariota = Super Bowls, right?) so colleges can begin their posturing now to hold on for 2-3 years until the NFL completely washes their hands of him.

USC has to be kicking themselves right now. Signed their interim - that they could have gotten at anytime - and now they probably would have had major bargaining room and positioning for Chip.

The amount of colleges (or their boosters) second guessing recent hirings/firings right now has to be insane.

Chip was never coming to SC. The school president made the call on the hire. And with Chips past problems with the NCAA, our president didn't want someone who would do anything suspicious.

jaymo76
12-31-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm probably wrong on this one but I don't think there are as many schools beating down Chip Kelly's door as we may think. IMO he's a high risk hire for the NCAA or the NFL. His scheme style and attitude is going to be of concern for a lot of programmes.

Rudy
01-01-2016, 04:09 AM
If there is a perfect fit it's in Tennessee with Mariota.

steelerfan
01-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Thank you, Rex!

[emoji150] [emoji151] [emoji152] [emoji188]

Rudy
01-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Dolphins played one of their best games today. Nothing surprises me anymore. Beat the Patriots who needed a win to lock up home field. Pats only threw 5 or 6 times in the first half. I know Miami has a bad run defence but they also have a bad pass defence and they have Brady. Gronk barely did anything.

skipwondah33
01-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Thank you, Rex!

[emoji150] [emoji151] [emoji152] [emoji188]

:+1:

Ben tried his hardest to throw the damn game away though lol

Going to be on the 3rd string RB going in once again.

Rudy
01-03-2016, 06:35 PM
I think Brady is 6-8 at Miami now.

jaymo76
01-03-2016, 08:03 PM
I think Brady is 6-8 at Miami now.

Rumour has it that Brady MAY be injured.

steelerfan
01-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Good.

Fuck him.

baseballplyrmvp
01-03-2016, 09:47 PM

Hasn't he been listed as questionable for the next game for like 10 years now?

ram29jackson
01-03-2016, 11:13 PM
http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/a9/55/nfl-playoff-bracket-2016-ftr-010316jpg_11nha8vj9i6ru1ksobvipifetu.jpg?t=1797042 58

JBHuskers
01-04-2016, 11:09 AM
The preseason starts Sunday!

Here are my predictions sure to be wrong for this year:

AFC EAST
AFC NORTH
AFC SOUTH
AFC WEST

1. New England
1. Pittsburgh
1. Indianapolis
1. Denver

2. Miami
2. Baltimore
2. Houston
2. San Diego*

3. Buffalo
3. Cincinnati
3. Jacksonville
3. Kansas City*

4. NY Jets
4. Cleveland
4. Tennessee
4. Oakland

NFC EAST
NFC NORTH
NFC SOUTH
NFC WEST

1. Dallas
1. Green Bay
1. Carolina
1. Seattle

2. NY Giants*
2. Minnesota
2. Atlanta
2. Arizona*

3. Philadelphia
3. Chicago
3. New Orleans
3. San Francisco

4. Washington
4. Detroit
4. Tampa Bay
4. St. Louis

WILD CARD

San Diego d. New England
NY Giants d. Carolina
Arizona d. Green Bay

DIVISIONAL

Denver d. San Diego
Seattle d. NY Giants
Dallas d. Arizona

CONFERENCE

Pittsburgh d. Denver
Seattle d. Dallas

SUPER BOWL 50

Pittsburgh d. Seattle

Barely, but my Super Bowl prediction is still in tact and isn't out of the realm of possibility too!

JBHuskers
01-04-2016, 01:31 PM
I like how they said that Tom Coughlin stepped down and was't fired. The man did bring them two titles, so he deserves that.

skipwondah33
01-04-2016, 01:40 PM
I like how they said that Tom Coughlin stepped down and was't fired. The man did bring them two titles, so he deserves that.2 improbable Super Bowl titles at that. Not sure who could have did more with less with those 2 teams...or were they actually underachievers?

steelerfan
01-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Steelers: RB DeAngelo Williams day to day after MRI on ankle shows no breaks, source told ESPN's Britt McHenry*-via ESPN

steelerfan
01-06-2016, 01:42 PM
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/01/06/terry-foster-calvin-johnson-is-seriously-considering-retiring/

Rudy
01-06-2016, 02:55 PM
That would be a bit crazy about Calvin Johnson. Barry retired early too.

JBHuskers
01-06-2016, 03:11 PM
That would be a bit crazy about Calvin Johnson. Barry retired early too.
Barry was in his prime though. Johnson's prime has past him a couple years ago thanks to injuries.

ram29jackson
01-07-2016, 02:48 PM
WILD CARD

San Diego d. New England
NY Giants d. Carolina
Arizona d. Green Bay

DIVISIONAL

Denver d. San Diego
Seattle d. NY Giants
Dallas d. Arizona

CONFERENCE

Pittsburgh d. Denver
Seattle d. Dallas

SUPER BOWL 50

Pittsburgh d. Seattle

this weeks winners will be
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb416/markgoldburg/wc1_zpsceswr3q2.png (http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/markgoldburg/media/wc1_zpsceswr3q2.png.html)

Rudy
01-08-2016, 04:29 AM
I just read an article that the Steelers get $6 million a year just for their radio rights! Wow! That's a great NFL town unlike Miami which ranks dead last among nfl teams in local ratings. Also, ESPN pays twice as much for the NFL as NBC and yet NBC has the better schedule. Odd. Some interesting national media stuff in this Miami column.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2016/01/media-column-challenges-difficulties-for-espn-on-eve-of-big-weekend-more-bad-dolphins-news-media-not.html