PDA

View Full Version : PH'15: Week 8, 2013

JeffHCross
08-06-2015, 09:33 AM
We have advanced! Welcome to Week 8.

Deadline: 10 pm central on Sunday night. If the User game is not completed by Sunday night, we will advance whenever it is completed, or no later than Tuesday morning.

User games:
Kansas (JeffHCross) @ Georgia Tech (JBHuskers)

CPU games:
#5 UCF at #9 Florida
#22 Houston at Michigan
SMU @ #12 Michigan State
Colorado vs Nebraska
Cincinnati at Penn State
#4 BYU @ Cal

Bye weeks:
Arkansas State
NC State

skipwondah33
08-07-2015, 12:58 AM
BYU wins...34-28. Game was 24-7 in 3rd/4th quarter then Cal's QB goes unstoppable missing only on 1 pass his last 25 attempts...it was a drop.

Injuries are getting rather old

QB, RB and WR all got hurt once again. QB came back, WR came back but is probable for next week and starting RB is out 4 weeks. He has been hurt every single game except one thus far.

This leaves BYU with only 1 healthy true RB on the depth chart. The Cougars will need to turn to 2 FB's for RB depth.

Crucial injuries so far

QB - Hill (89 ovr): 5 more weeks
RB - Williams (90): 4 weeks.

Huge blow to the Cougars as Williams picked up alot of load for the offense. Now the Cougars have to rely on a true Freshman QB more than ever.

gschwendt
08-07-2015, 06:42 AM
Speaking of injuries, I was putting my team into Teambuilder for next season and I noticed that in the roster file we're using, injury ratings are considerably lower than standard rosters. I want to say most injury ratings were in the 60s instead of typically in the 80s; same for stamina.

Along those lines, Arkansas State has also lost their starting HB, Michael Gordon, for the season and several other injuries along the way.

Skip, if it makes you feel better, I played with that ATH/HB Turner on the practice field and he's going to be a monster :-)

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

JeffHCross
08-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Yeah, Skip and I have discussed the INJ ratings. They clearly either decided to lower them across the board in these rosters, or something just messed up. Skip has a starting safety at 38 INJ.

I asked the roster makers if that was intentional, but no reply.

skipwondah33
08-07-2015, 07:30 AM
Skip, if it makes you feel better, I played with that ATH/HB Turner on the practice field and he's going to be a monster :-)Went for the dagger after losing my RB huh :D

What makes matters worse is these guys are Seniors. Would have been nice to have played with them a full season. And now I can't even look forward to next season because as of right now I don't have an RB who has committed yet. All 3 of my RB's are Seniors! 1 is out for the Season, one pretty much is as he may return for the last game. I'll have to convert a FB to RB who will be my best option

Yeah, Skip and I have discussed the INJ ratings. They clearly either decided to lower them across the board in these rosters, or something just messed up. Skip has a starting safety at 38 INJ.

I asked the roster makers if that was intentional, but no reply.Every single game it's the same people...no matter who's in. QB, RB, WR...or WR's.

And the ironic part of it is...knock on wood 2x...that Safety hasn't gotten hurt yet in a game even with a 38 injury rating.

JeffHCross
08-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Doesn't surprise me. The game's always had a fucked up way of computing injuries.

The other day my starting HB got a Will Return Soon injury after letting a kick bounce in the end zone. Yep, you read that right. He didn't even field the kick and he got hurt.

Escobar
08-07-2015, 02:13 PM
I think the game puts a heavy emphasis on low stamina increasing injuries. That's usually when I see my QB or RB get hurt, when they have low/red stamina.

skipwondah33
08-07-2015, 02:52 PM
I think the game puts a heavy emphasis on low stamina increasing injuries. That's usually when I see my QB or RB get hurt, when they have low/red stamina.I've seen that as well but not the case when my guys are getting hurt. To be sure I even stopped using no huddle at times to prevent them from getting tired.

I've had my RB get injured either for the game or during parts of the game 10 times now in 8 games. Had a concussion, back strain, ankle sprain, wind knocked out, rib injury, etc

He got hurt on the 2nd play of a game in which he didn't even run the ball on that play, and the 5th play of the game against Snoop. QB was hurt in a similar fashion 3-4 plays into a game lol

This run is going to get even tougher coming up with a bunch of backups..backups going to Oregon...let alone against Papa and Jeff to end the season

JeffHCross
08-07-2015, 11:02 PM
I agree with both of you. The majority of my injuries, dating back for years, is when my stamina gets low. But then I'll get a player hurt on his first snap of the season too, lol

psusnoop
08-08-2015, 11:24 PM
Always when my stamina gets low, it's a trigger to sub in for me.

Jeff I will be playing tomorrow.

JeffHCross
08-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Deadline reminder! Don't know who's remaining, but you know if you are.

JeffHCross
08-09-2015, 08:23 PM
This run is going to get even tougher coming up with a bunch of backups..backups going to Oregon...let alone against Papa and Jeff to end the seasonYou are giving my players far too much credit if you think they're going to be a challenge. :D

psusnoop
08-09-2015, 08:50 PM
I'm fine with a sim, I was quite busy this weekend.

I will be back at it starting next advance!!

skipwondah33
08-09-2015, 11:58 PM
You are giving my players far too much credit if you think they're going to be a challenge. :D

Well certainly doesn't help that I won't have my QB and RB...oh just my best players lol

JeffHCross
08-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Well certainly doesn't help that I won't have my QB and RB...oh just my best players lolStill better than my 75 OVR team, lol

JBHuskers
08-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Yeah sorry guys. Passed out for 17 hours after getting back from camping lol

skipwondah33
08-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Still better than my 75 OVR team, lolMine is too now without those 2 lol.