PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night Champion

cdj
09-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I thought there was already a thread on this, but I'm not sure boxing games have the appeal they once did.

This is the next edition of the Fight Night franchise. Here's all that EA has on it:

Fight Night Champion will break the mold of what is expected in a single-player sports game. Players will be introduced to an entirely new way to step between the ropes and experience the drama, emotion, excitement and tragedy of world championship boxing.

Featuring a refined physics-based animation system that incorporates improved locomotion, punching and stamina mechanics, Fight Night Champion will enable users to move, attack and dodge with the speed and power of the best champions, contenders and pretenders in the world of boxing. In addition, an all-new control scheme, dubbed Full Spectrum Punch Control, will deliver the most realistic punching system ever seen in a simulation fighting game, while still delivering an accessible experience that will make Fight Night Champion the most user-friendly title in the franchise’s history.

Fight Night Champion will set a new standard for visual presentation with the most realistic boxer-likeness to date, fluid animations and damage that truly conveys the brutality of the sport of boxing.

Eurogamer interviewed gameplay producer Brian Hayes and he says the game will feature something very unique (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-06-ea-new-fight-night-champion-mode-is-wow) - but can't say what it is yet:

"How groundbreaking is it in relation to Fight Night? It's certainly the most innovative, groundbreaking thing that any Fight Night game or any Knock Out game has done," he told Eurogamer in an interview published today. "Even more so, in terms of EA Sports, this approach to a single-player experience is just something that no other EA Sports game has done."

"It's something that could work in a lot of other sports areas," he added. "It works particularly well for us because of the nature of boxing, but it's definitely something you could see other games doing down the road. If that happened that would be a pretty cool thing."

Despite his unflappable belief, Hayes won't say exactly what the mode will be. Nevertheless, Eurogamer whittled him down; we know this will be a solo pursuit and its own standalone mode, separate to the returning single-player Legacy mode.

"All I can say to that effect is everybody here is really excited about what we're doing," Hayes continued. "Everybody here is on the same page in terms of like, 'Wow, we've never really done anything like this before.' At the same time, as much as they're excited about it, there's a wee bit of nerves. Everybody's working really hard to make sure we're knocking it out of the park.

The comments on the article are pretty humorous.

Some screens are available here (http://www.ea.com/games/fight-night-champion).

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2010, 09:19 PM
I know to me boxing games don't really have any appeal to me anymore. I got Fight Night Round 3 for PS2, but that was about it in terms of boxing and stuff. Fight Night, UFC, etc just has never held much interest for me in gaming.

JeffHCross
09-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Boxing was one of the first sports I got a game for on Sega, and it was a blast. Haven't enjoyed it as much since. I can't wait to see what they do with the single-player, since they're touting it as something you "wouldn't expect from EA Sports". I think sports teams need to really start thinking outside the box, so I approve.

cdj
10-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Courtesy OS - Click Link for full story (http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=453094)

This week the FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION development team will be hosting a community feedback session bringing in seven hardcore gamers to get their hands-on an early version of the game. With the game slated for release in 2011, the team is hard at work implementing new features and this session will allow them to get some first hand feedback from guys representing a range of boxing gamers in the community.

As with previous feedback sessions, there will be information embargoes on main features in the game however the invites will get a chance to see the entire game and, in time, will be able to provide their own game and feature impressions. Following the session, however, they will be given the opportunity to share info on their visit along with their overall impressions of the game along with a couple new screenshots to share. Look for those next week.

cdj
11-11-2010, 10:07 PM
A trailer for the game will be released tomorrow.

From the little I read from the Community Event attendees, it sounds like Career Mode has improved a lot in this one.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3879/fncmanny.jpg

cdj
11-12-2010, 05:51 PM
From pastapadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/11/12/fight-night-champion-first-m-rated-title-ever-from-ea-sports):

Fight Night Champion will be the first ever “Rated M” title developed by EA Sports. That explicit nature and brutality will be represented not just through bloody fights but also with what is being described as mature content found in the “lifestyle and culture of boxing”. This news could be encouraging or worrisome depending on how it’s looked at.

The game will also include improved punch controls and one-punch knockouts, physics-based gameplay, and expanded online play modes. Continue on for an early list of features but given that the game is still a ways out from release without an official date (Jan-Mar) there is still much in the way of details to come on the game and its feature set.

Full Spectrum Punch Control
Control your boxer’s punches with precision and accuracy like never before with a new synergy of gameplay controls. From overhand punches to strategic counter jabs and one-punch knockouts, overwhelm your opponents with your refined skill set.

Physics-Based Gameplay
Move around the ring and time your attacks with precision. Building off the best-in-class gameplay engine featured in Fight Night Round 4, you now have an even wider range of abilities when it comes to counterattacks, setting up combos, and attacking your opponent.

Legacy Mode
Create your alter ego and put him in the ring against past champions. Work your way up the ranks through training and scheduled bouts, and establish your name as the fighter to beat. Take your boxer online and see how you size up against the best in the world competing for local or worldwide belts in the all-new Fight Night Nation.

Online Gyms
Create an online gym with your friends and battle it out to see who’s the ultimate champion, or turn boxing into a team sport and challenge other gyms in Rival Matches to unlock items, win trophies, and more.

Authentic Content
As the first-ever ‘M’ rated EA SPORTS title, Fight Night Champion showcases the truest graphical representation of the sport, lifestyle, and culture of boxing with authentic and dynamic blood, realistic body damage and deformation, and mature content throughout. Experience the violence and brutality that is true to the trade.

cdj
11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
IGN has the first trailer for the game here (http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/13/fight-night-champion-debut-trailer).

JeffHCross
11-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Well, I'd guess that "truest graphical representation of the sport, lifestyle, and culture" is what they meant by "something you wouldn't expect from EA Sports". This definitely has my attention. An engrossing career mode has been missing from the titles I play for a while.

morsdraconis
11-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Wow. I don't even care for boxing games and this game sounds pretty interesting.

JBHuskers
11-13-2010, 01:51 PM
I got Fight Night Round 4 and didn't play it much after the initial surge of playing.

CLW
11-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Fight Night Champion will be the first ever “Rated M” title developed by EA Sports. That explicit nature and brutality will be represented not just through bloody fights but also with what is being described as mature content found in the “lifestyle and culture of boxing”. This news could be encouraging or worrisome depending on how it’s looked at.

Wow this is shocking. Movies/Games are always trying to get the "lowest rating" to get the widest possible audience.

I.e. Saw movies have routinely been initially rated NC17 after the initial review which of course makes the movie maker to take stuff out to get the R rating.

Surprised EA went with this move.

IF I were an EA shareholder I would be scratching my head on this one.

JBHuskers
11-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow this is shocking. Movies/Games are always trying to get the "lowest rating" to get the widest possible audience.

I.e. Saw movies have routinely been initially rated NC17 after the initial review which of course makes the movie maker to take stuff out to get the R rating.

Surprised EA went with this move.

IF I were an EA shareholder I would be scratching my head on this one.

I don't think it's a head scratching move. Fallout is rated M, it's sold a million on week one. Look at all the Grand Theft Autos. It could be a good gamble.

gschwendt
11-14-2010, 02:35 PM
That, combined with the fact that their target audience is of age and those that are underage will still find a way to get the game.

JeffHCross
11-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah, there's a big difference between a Rated M game and an NC17 movie. Rated M = Rated R. Plenty of movies are fine with being Rated R.

Plus, just the rating itself is going to generate some discussion since it's EA Sports first Rated M game.

cdj
11-15-2010, 05:12 PM
'Fight Night Champion': To the penitentiary and beyond (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5809424/penitentiary-beyond)

"When I heard "Fight Night Champion" was going to be EA Sports' first M-rated video game, I figured they were just going to play up the blood and gore factor of the sport.

What I didn't expect was the game to start out in prison.

That's right, prison (and it has nothing to do with Mike Tyson being in the game).

But when I sat down to view a clip of the new Champion story mode last week at an EA media event, that's exactly where I found the game's lead character. There he was, boxing in prison, hands wrapped but no gloves, ring surrounded by other prisoners cheering and shouting (no visible shanking), while dressed in their orange jumpers.

Then between rounds, it didn't take long for my cut-man in the corner to drop F-bomb after F-bomb, even referring to my white opponent as a "cracker."

Not what I expected at all.

"Essentially what we wanted to do with Champion mode necessitated this being an M-rated game," explains producer Brian Hayes. "It's a story with mature themes. Not topless mature themes, but it's gritty. Being an unlicensed sports product and being in the world of boxing where there is a lot of stuff going on ... if you're going to tell a story about boxing, it's not going to be, 'Hey, I just got an e-mail from your rival and he's really upset.' There are a lot of fighters who we drew inspiration from, and they've been through some real mature experiences. So we laid out our vision for Champion mode and we said, if we do this, there's no way this can be T."

Full story here (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5809424/penitentiary-beyond?readmore=fullstory)

JeffHCross
11-15-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm just glad to see them be willing to give an M-rated boxing game a try. They're going to get a ton of attention because of it, but I also love it when designers take chances.

cdj
11-24-2010, 06:31 PM
The cover has been revealed:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1156.snc4/149821_459490133457_293682228457_5578088_7765804_n .jpg

JeffHCross
11-25-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm honestly surprised that Ali and his estate would want to be associated, at least on the cover, with an M-rated game.

cdj
12-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Some more details (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/12/fight-night-experiments-with-story-mode/1):

Now, EA says the game, debuting March 1, will also be the first EA Sports title to feature a single-player, story driven campaign.

Champion Mode will feature boxer Andre Bishop as he moves up the professional boxing ranks. The tale is being written by Will Rokos, who penned the 2001 film Monster's Ball.

JeffHCross
12-04-2010, 01:26 AM
I hope EA is smart enough to allow you to customize the appearance of your Champion Mode boxer. But since his name seems to be set in stone, I'm a little nervous about that. Not being able to identify with the main character can kill single player modes.

cdj
12-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Boxer list for the game

The full 54 fighter roster, with boxers new to the franchise in bold:
1. Augustus, Emanuel
2. Calzaghe, Joe
3. Cesar Chavez, Julio
4. Corrales, Diego
5. Cotto, Miguel
6. Donaire, Nonito
7. Foreman, George
8. Frazier, Joe
9. Gamboa, Yuriorkis
10. Guerreo, Robert
11. Hagler, Marvelous Marvin
12. Hatton, Ricky
13. Hearns, Thomas
14. Jones Jr, Roy
15. LaMotta, Jake
16. Lewis, Lennox
17. Chad Dawson
18. Monzon, Carlos
19. Mora, Sergio
20. Morrison, Tommy
21. Mosley, Shane
22. Ortiz, Victor
23. Pacquiao, Manny
24. Pavlik, Kelly
25. Paz, Vinny
26. Robinson, Sugar Ray
27. Taylor, Jermain
28. Tyson, Mike
29. Whitaker, Pernell
30. Wright, Ronald "Winky"
31. De La Hoya, Oscar
32. Holyfield, Evander 33. Hopkins, Bernard
34. Klistchko, Vitali
35. Klistchko, Wladimir
36. Liston, Sonny
37. Sugar Ray Leonard
38. Ali, Muhammad
39. Danny Jacobs
40. Erislandy Lara
41. Roberto Duran
42. Cristobal Arreola
43. Tim Bradley
44. Anthony Mundine
45. Billy Dib
46. Fernando Vargas
47. Kevin Kelley
48. Eddie Chambers
49. David Haye
50. Jesse James Leija
51. Peter Manfredo Jr.
52. Butterbean
53. Zab Judah
54. Kendall Holt

cdj
12-18-2010, 07:47 PM
From Brian Hayes, lead gameplay producer of the game via the EA Forums on why some boxers are missing in Fight Night Champion:

It’s that time of year again. You win some, you lose some.

I’m not happy about it either. This is what Fight Night and KO Kings has gone through every year and it’s never easy. Contracts are signed with fighters for a certain period of time and when they expire, we can’t be certain we’ll be able to reach another agreement with any of them.

- Some boxers were signed to deals over 3 years ago when things were pretty different, financially-speaking.

- All of the boxers that we lost were contacted, some of them several times by myself personally.

- I’m not kidding when I say this, sometimes we just don’t hear back. Even from people we worked with previously.

- I personally had communications with one boxer – and his three different managers – over the course of 6 months.

- Arturo Gatti died under very suspicious circumstances. Sorry that we weren’t able to re-do that contract in the wake of that. We would have signed him for an extra 2 years way back if we had known he was going to die.

- Some guys we had to drop because of a lawsuit last year, you might recall.

- Sometimes we have have verbal agreements in place with guys we really want and because of time-pressures we spend thousands of dollars making them. Only to have them make further demands, attempt to renegotiate, or simply fail to send us signed paperwork. So poof! They’re off the roster and we just burned that money. I can tell you how much Mike looooooves that.

- Some guys just have unrealistic demands.
Now, I know you probably don’t care about this. The game doesn’t have some of the guys you want, end of story. But like I’ve been saying for years, its not like boxing is chock-full of stand-up guys accustomed to a strict code of business ethics – nor is it populated by an abundance of athletes with a realistic perception of their brand value and/or mainstream appeal.

NOTE: Some guys are absolutely great. Very professional and very helpful.

All I’m saying is, we try our best and we didn’t make the business of professional boxing an absolute clusterf**.

cdj
12-22-2010, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sN8iVSbnnk&feature=sub

morsdraconis
12-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Wow! That looks like a REALLY engaging singleplayer story. EA may have got my $60 on this one.

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 03:23 PM
It looks like an amazing story, but I'm not sure how many people are going to feel the level of relation that you need for that story to succeed. Should be interesting to watch. If it does well, we might see more of this in other EA titles. If not, this will never get attempted again.

cdj
12-24-2010, 12:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNVHXDO9MBE&feature=player_embedded

UGA14
12-24-2010, 01:38 PM
It looks like an amazing story, but I'm not sure how many people are going to feel the level of relation that you need for that story to succeed. Should be interesting to watch. If it does well, we might see more of this in other EA titles. If not, this will never get attempted again.

I probably won't buy it just for that reason. Give me a good career mode... not a story mode about someone I don't care about

JBHuskers
12-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Bare knuckle fighting .... in PRISON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fma41TGzfi4

cdj
01-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Blog on managing stamina (http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/managing-your-stamina)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL1SGRWBlpU&feature=player_embedded

cdj
01-20-2011, 05:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0JHmhHddoo&feature=feedu

cdj
01-31-2011, 12:38 PM
The demo hits XBL & PSN tomorrow. Included are four boxers in two weight classes along with Online play for the first two weeks.

cdj
01-31-2011, 08:46 PM
http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/Billboard/FITNITCMPmultiSCRNonlinegyms01_656x369.jpg?cb=1296 519726

Team Up in the All-New Online Gyms (http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/team-up-in-the-all-new-online-gym)

Hello, my name is Mike Mahar I'm a Producer on Fight Night Champion. I'd like to a few seconds to speak to you about one of our new online features: ONLINE GYMS.

Online Gyms is a brand new feature to FNC which allows users to group together with their friends and others online and customize their game play experience in Season and Tournament play. For those of you familiar with the Clubs and Leagues features from other EA SPORTS titles, Online Gyms will have some familiar features for you along with some brand new ones as well.

When you enter the Online HUB in FNC if you don't already belong to a Gym you can search for Friends Gyms, Search for Gyms accepting new members or create your own gym. Online Gyms uses your same boxer(s) and weight class as Online World Championship. So, if you don't already have a Created Boxer you'll need to create one to participate in Online Gyms.

Creating and Customizing a Gym

Creating your own Gym automatically makes you a Gym Owner and GM. As an owner you alone have the ability to assign GM status to other members.

You also have the ability to customize the following options:
Gym name, nick name, and location
Gym logo
Whether your gym is public or private
…and much more

Once you've created your gym you can begin the process of creating Seasons and/or Tournament within your Gym.

Gym Seasons

Once you've created a gym...and other people have joined it you can start a season. It's important to note that you can only have one season active at a time and everyone participating in the season will require a Created Boxer in the specified weight class.

You can choose to start a season in any of the three online weight classes: Lightweight, Middleweight, or Heavyweight.

As mentioned above, Online Gyms uses the same Created Boxers as Online World Championships...and will provide you with another way to earn XP for these characters besides fighting in OWC.

Seasons consist of each Gym Member fighting every other Gym Member a specified # of times. This # is set by a GM and can change from season to season. A Gym member’s season progress is tracked in a Season Leaderboard which keeps detailed stats from all of your Gym Season fights.

One of the big pluses to joining a Gym and starting a season is being able to customize the game play settings and rules of your season.

Some of the Customizable Gym Settings are:
All gameplay sliders and settings
Number of rounds
Referee logic and rules
…and more

This way you and your friends can completely control the way the game plays to your liking. If you want to fight 15 round fights or increase the round length, it's all up to you.

Once you've completed a Season, those users who qualify move on to the single elimination Gym Tournament.

Gym Tournaments

Tournaments function much like the season in that they take the rules and game play settings as determined by the GM and apply them BUT Tournaments are single elimination seeded events.

Each user who qualifies for the tournament will be seeded in accordance to their rank at the end of the Gym Season.

PRO TIP: GM's can choose to manually seed each user if they feel some users are more deserving of higher seed. It's like your own private March Madness

Users then play off one another until a single user is left standing and is crowned the Gym Champ of the weight class the Tournament was held in.

PRO TIP: If you and your Gym mates only feel like hosting a Tournament, you can by using the Advance to Tournament option. A GM must choose to automatically or manually advance to a Tournament and presto...you don't have to play the Season if you don't feel like it.

Rivalry Challenges

As your Gym members use their Create Boxers in OWC they will earn Gym Rank Points and your Gym will be ranked on the World Wide Gym Leaderboard accordingly. Every two weeks or so (the final timing may change) we will host Rivalry Challenge events.

These events match your Gym up with a suitable Gym Rival based on the Gym Leaderboard rank. We'll let you know several days in advance of the event of who your Rival is via the Rivalry screen in your Gym. Once your Gym has been assigned a Rival, you’re ready to rumble.

The Rivalry Challenge period will usually be a 48 to 72 hour period over the course of a weekend in which we track the results of all fights between you and your Rival Gym. Win or lose, each boxer will earn Rivalry Points for their Gym in every fight.

Here are some ways you can earn points for your Gym:
Wins
KO Wins
Damage inflicted
Punch Accuracy
Getting Up off the Canvas
Knockdowns
…and more

At the end of the Rivalry Period (there will be a countdown timer in your Gym Rival screen indicating when that is) the Gym with most total points will win the Rivalry Challenge and earn Trophies, Records, Improve your World Gym Ranking, and of course get bragging rights.

Pro Tip: If you and your fellow Gym Members are only interested in fighting amongst yourselves and don't want to participate in Gym Rivalry Challenges, you can set this option to OFF in the Gym Settings screen. But honestly, why would you do that? Unless you’re scared?!

Gym Sparring

Lastly, if you just feel like getting some practice in and don't want to tarnish your record you can select to Spar against other Gym Members. Sparring sessions are simply practice sessions with nothing on the line. They're a good way for Gym Members to teach each other the nuances of the sweet science. Trust me when I say you'll want every member of your Gym on their game when the Gym Rivalry Challenges start.

Stay tuned for information about Gyms as we get closer to launch and don’t forget to join our Live Producer Chat (http://www.ea.com/fight-night/1/chat) this Thursday, February 3rd to chat with us on all things Online. We still haven't mentioned: Earning Boxer XP, Trophies, Gym Records, Gym Achievements and a ton of other cool stuff.

Thanks for reading!

-Mike

cdj
01-31-2011, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZwJXanb1oU

cdj
02-13-2011, 11:54 AM
So what did you guys think of the demo?

I haven't played it much, but it seemed pretty fast. There's been some YT videos of questionable punch collision/detection (guessing/hoping they won't be in retail), but I will say that the game looks great graphically.

cdj
02-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Here's a video on Online Gyms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhKktFwBHzE

morsdraconis
02-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow, online sounds pretty damn cool too. Man, this game is REALLY starting to interest me.

cdj
02-22-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3vBLmsr3wY

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Pasta just posted this beatdown he received in the shower :D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/248063800.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1298666851&Signature=ipoUQg%2FLxcpgvyoeuHPGdqe58C4%3D

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Broken link, JB.

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Pasta just posted this beatdown he received in the shower :D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/248063800.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1298666851&Signature=ipoUQg%2FLxcpgvyoeuHPGdqe58C4%3D

Twitpic doesn't work well :smh: just uploaded it to my Photobucket.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/248063800.jpg

JeffHCross
02-28-2011, 07:41 PM
http://cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20110228-f81ec.png

morsdraconis
03-04-2011, 09:56 PM
So, I'm guessing no one actually got this game eh?

The reviews haven't been exactly great for it (story mode is a good, though short, distraction from an otherwise bland game apparently).

JBHuskers
03-04-2011, 10:02 PM
So, I'm guessing no one actually got this game eh?

The reviews haven't been exactly great for it (story mode is a good, though short, distraction from an otherwise bland game apparently).

I prob will have it next week, but am out of town most of next week....will let you know what I think. But I'm not as intrigued with boxing as I am MMA.

cdj
03-05-2011, 12:34 AM
The Champion mode seems to be getting the most praise despite how short the playthrough time is. I plan on getting it down the line when it drops; I'm also not a huge boxing fan.

cdj
03-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Info on upcoming FNC DLC (http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/dlc-details):

Fight Night Champion DLC Details

You’ve been playing Fight Night Champion day-in and day-out for the past month with the demo and the full game and though you can’t get enough, you want more! Well, you’ll only have a few more days to wait as a new batch of Downloadable Content will be making their way to the Fight Night Store.

The DLC will be released on March 29th worldwide on XBOX 360, and for PS3 users the DLC will be available on March 29th in North America/Japan and on March 30th in Europe. Here are the details:

DLC: Heavyweight Legends Pack

The Heavyweight Legends Pack for 800 MS Points or $10 will include 5 of the all-time greatest boxers ever to step into the ring. Alongside the boxers in this DLC Pack we will also include the Bare Knuckle Boxing Pack at no charge. If you choose to go without the boxers and only want the Bare Knuckles Boxing Pack, you can download it for only 320 MS Points or $4.

· Jack Johnson
· Jack Dempsey
· Rocky Marciano
· Joe Louis
· Floyd Patterson
· Bare Knuckle Boxing Pack

Price:
· 800 MS Points/$10.00 for all items.
· 160 MS Pts/$2.00 for each boxer

DLC: Bare Knuckles Boxing Pack
· Bare Knuckle Offline Play Now
· Play against opponent with traditional rules or choose the new Old School Rules.
· Old School Rules mimics the way people used to box before the establishment of the Marques’s of Queensbury Rules. The fight is not divided into timed rounds, instead, the boxers only return to their corners for a break when one boxer is knocked down. Also, there is no judging and the winner is determined by the last man standing. Old School Rules is only available for Offline games.
· Bare Knuckle Online Ranked/Unranked/OWC
· The usual quick play online mode. Ranked games are tracked against separate Bare Knuckles leaderboards.
· Bare Knuckle Online World Championships
· Complete with separate leaderboards, belts and awards. Bare Knuckles OWC mode allows players to climb through the ranks to become the Champ.
Price:
· 320 MS Pts/$4.00 for Bare Knuckles Boxing Pack

DLC : Alternate Weight Class Pack

You’ve asked for them and you got them. We’ve also created some licensed boxers in alternate weight classes as many in our community have requested. From a Featherweight Manny Pacquiao to a Middleweight Bernard Hopkins, for 80 MS Points or $1, you can download all 8 boxers listed below.
· Featherweight Manny Pacquiao
· Lightweight Manny Pacquiao
· Lightweight Oscar De La Hoya
· Middleweight Roy Jones Jr
· Middleweight Bernard Hopkins
· Welterweight Roberto Duran
· Middleweight Thomas Hearns
· Welterweight Pernell Whitaker
Price:
· 80 MS/$1.00 for all boxers

There will also be additional content that we know you'll all love so stay tuned for that!
Please note that within Bare Knuckles mode not all boxers have agreed to have their virtual selves duke it out sans gloves. These boxers will not be available for use in Bare Knuckles mode:
· Muhammad Ali
· Mike Tyson
· Oscar De La Hoya
· George Foreman
· Joe Frazier
· Ray Leonard
· Evander Holyfield
· Roberto Duran
· Vitali Klitschko
· Wladimir Klitschko

JeffHCross
03-24-2011, 10:23 PM
$1. Seriously? That must be the DLC equivalent of nickel and diming.

JBHuskers
03-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Played and finished Champion Mode last night....as advertised it's one hell of a game mode. Loved it.

JeffHCross
05-30-2011, 06:02 PM
I knew that PastaPadre and others had pointed out that the Champion Mode was short ... but wow. Granted, I played on the lowest difficulty, but I still finished it in less than 2 hours. Even with the fights going fast, I expected a little more ups and downs to the story. The game looks absolutely gorgeous, but realizing that I was progressing really quickly through the sole reason I had the game was not reassuring. Plus, I don't know if it's my play style or what, but too many times I found my boxer a punch (or two) behind what I was inputting on the controls.

It was still worth playing -- it's a story mode in a sports game, after all. But a few too many obvious plot points and too little length for me.

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Yeah it's been a couple months since I've done it, I will probably go back and do it again.

Things like Champion Mode and games like L.A. Noire have definitely taken the bar and raised it.

JeffHCross
05-30-2011, 08:18 PM
LA Noire, absolutely. Heavy Rain, absolutely. But I'm not sure that Champion Mode moved the bar at all. It was a good attempt, and it certainly generated interest ... but the payoff wasn't there.

cdj
06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Patch #2 Arrives 6/28:

Fixed One-Punch Knockouts
Pretty self-explanatory this one. One punch KOs are happening again.

Health and Knockdowns
Boxers with low health can now be knocked down without automatically entering the “critical health” stun state.
Cumulative punching can, in effect, cause knockdowns without being so predictable.

Locomotion Updates
Boxers can now move forwards with their guard up as fast as opponents can move backwards with their guard down
Movement speed near the ropes or corners is affected. Makes it more difficult to consistently run throughout the course of a fight.
Weave input sensitivity has been improved.

Stamina Updates
Long term stamina loss for moving backwards is significantly higher than stamina loss for moving forwards.
Short term stamina loss for throwing several punches is more significant.
The effect of low stamina on boxer power and toughness is more significant. When a boxer’s stamina bar is low, they are weaker and more susceptible to damage than before.
Stamina loss for high output punchers is more significant overall.

Hit Reactions
Tweaked hit reaction strength such that punches to the body do not offset opponent punches as drastically.
Reduces the instance of what some users felt were, “forced misses”.

Judges Scoring
Judging logic tweaked to favor clean, effective punching more than previously.
In general, most judges will favor the boxer who lands fewer, more significant punches over the boxer who lands higher numbers of less significant punches.
Big punches and stuns have a bigger chance of swinging a round in favor of a boxer.

Legacy Mode
Fixed issue where game would sometimes hang when attempting to import created fighters into Legacy Mode.
Alternate Weight Class DLC boxers can be imported into Legacy Mode. So can George Foreman.

Fixed the Online Leaderboards Cheat

OWC Match-Up Logic
Prioritizes match-ups been boxers with similar OVR ratings.
Matchups between boxers with too large a difference in OVR will not be made (no more hunting for easy fights).
OWC Boxer Ratings have been balanced so that new boxers aren’t at as big a disadvantage starting out.

Offline Gameplay
Rolled back a subset of previous tunerset updates that were adversely affecting offline gameplay difficulty.
Improved the effect of Offline Gameplay Sliders for Punch Accuracy and Punch Output (as much as possible).

cdj
08-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Latest game update (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5320789.page):

Dev Team Update August 8th, 2011

Hi everyone, here is the latest update from the Dev Team:

The Dev Team is currently working on another Tuner Set with the goal of primarily addressing the following issues:

1. Lack of damage (cuts, swelling, etc)
2. CPU boxer stamina in offline matches
3. Judges scoring logic
4. Block effectiveness

For those who have been asking, future DLC is highly unlikely in terms of new boxers, venues, modes, etc.

In addition, no further patches are planned at this time.

Thanks to the entire community for your continued support and for voicing your concerns as we continue to improve Fight Night Champion!

- The Devs

JeffHCross
08-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Major props to the FNC team for continuing to support the game.

Nothingface
08-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Well i did get it on gamefly but returned it the next day.

cdj
11-29-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm playing Champion Mode now and on the easiest level just to fly through it. However, Isaac Frost is a beast even on the lowest difficulty. I'm not quick enough to avoid him as instructed/necessary. So far, I do like the mode quite a bit even though it is short.

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah ... anyone on 360 or PS3 has no reason not to spend $5 for the Champion Story Mode. One of the best stories of the year in any game.

souljahbill
11-29-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm playing Champion Mode now and on the easiest level just to fly through it. However, Isaac Frost is a beast even on the lowest difficulty. I'm not quick enough to avoid him as instructed/necessary. So far, I do like the mode quite a bit even though it is short.

That's what I did. I had to go to the options and basically make the cpu inept in order to beat Frost. He was a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hitman625
11-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah ... anyone on 360 or PS3 has no reason not to spend $5 for the Champion Story Mode. One of the best stories of the year in any game.

The Champion story mode was the only reason I played the game. Frost was a BEAST! The problem with that game though was the story was so strong, that just playing a regular match didn't have as much excitement