PDA

View Full Version : PH'15: Week 6, 2013

JeffHCross
07-29-2015, 11:30 PM
We have advanced! Welcome to Week 6.

Deadline: 8 am central on Sunday. User game is already complete, so Sunday is the deadline.

User games:
#24 Houston (Escobar) @ #21 UCF (Agency) -- Complete

CPU games:
Kansas vs Washington
Arkansas State vs Arizona
#23 NC State vs Alabama
#7 Georgia Tech @ Miami
SMU vs #3 Wisconsin
Colorado @ #2 Oregon
#20 BYU @ #8 USC

Bye weeks:
Cincinnati

Escobar
07-30-2015, 04:27 AM
Agency I can play Friday night, and Saturday night.

JeffHCross
07-31-2015, 09:36 AM
Alabama is 1-4. The sim results in this series are so stupid ...

Jacob Coker is completing 35% of his passes for the season. I don't even ...

skipwondah33
07-31-2015, 09:45 AM
Alabama is 1-4. The sim results in this series are so stupid ...

Jacob Coker is completing 35% of his passes for the season. I don't even ...Yeah will go up real quick once they play a user lol

marcotte14
07-31-2015, 09:54 AM
I know we are still winning but the margin is decreasing which is a good sign. I noticed a little difference when I played TSUN, as they were able to force me to some 3 and outs (early in the game). Although they scored 2 4th quarter TD to make it 42-21, I was running the ball and chewing clock. It was still a bit easy to move the ball, but I did notice a difference. Are we still tweaking?

IMO: Inc CPU Pass Coverage, Rush Def.
Dec User Run Blocking

skipwondah33
07-31-2015, 10:03 AM
Problem is the only real Defense you will get from the CPU....is the fact you can't stop their Offense.

The CPU's version of Defense is completely not being able to stop them on Offense. That is what applies as Defense atleast to me. The only way you (I) seem to stop them is if the game randomly makes them do something stupid that they haven't did all game. Like throw to an actually covered WR...which I know their WR's don't seem to be covered alot :D

Otherwise that same Slot/TE Out and Corner route are open all day for them to use. Or stand in the pocket until someone utterly obliterates their defender when they break off the route....oooh I hate those lol.

Their Defense has seem to have been better the past 2 games...but again I am playing with a 72 rated Freshman QB.....from a 90 rated guy I had first 3 and half games

JeffHCross
07-31-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm not making any more tweaks. As I've said, the impact of sliders is not just limited to one thing, and I'm not going to play slider roulette in a vain attempt to get a CPU AI that has no meaningful chance of stopping us to actually stop us.

If someone wants to start an offline dynasty and try out some different sliders, be my guest. But even one or two weeks of games isn't enough of a sample size to judge the sliders by. Especially when we have no way of knowing how my play style differs from anyone else's here.

The only actual way to get the CPU competitive would be to ban Read Option plays and running with the QB. But then all you guys would turn into Peyton Manning type QBs and we'd have another problem on our hands.

skipwondah33
07-31-2015, 12:05 PM
The only actual way to get the CPU competitive would be to ban Read Option plays and running with the QB. But then all you guys would turn into Peyton Manning type QBs and we'd have another problem on our hands.Would make the game more interesting that's for sure lol

This is the only time I get to use Read Option...Madden league I've been in for past 7 years, it's been banned ever since It was put in the game. Every version we have a group that plays countless amount of games basically seeing if plays/formations are broke. Every year I take a running type QB and a non-running one (Tom Brady). Ran for over 149 yards with Brady using it on 30 carries.... All-Madden against a user....oh and only plays I could call was Read Option from Shotgun. Only handed the ball off twice to the RB. Used Tebow when he played on Jets and went for 200+ and 4 touchdowns...same thing. Only Read Option, and didn't hand off to the RB not one time.

So yeah I'd be use to it if that ever happened lol.

I agree with not making any more changes. This game's slider tweaking or just sliders in general are wild and complex apparently.

JBHuskers
07-31-2015, 02:42 PM
I may need Sunday afternoon to play this.

JeffHCross
08-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Would make the game more interesting that's for sure lol

This is the only time I get to use Read Option...Madden league I've been in for past 7 years, it's been banned ever since It was put in the game. Every version we have a group that plays countless amount of games basically seeing if plays/formations are broke. Every year I take a running type QB and a non-running one (Tom Brady). Ran for over 149 yards with Brady using it on 30 carries.... All-Madden against a user....oh and only plays I could call was Read Option from Shotgun. Only handed the ball off twice to the RB. Used Tebow when he played on Jets and went for 200+ and 4 touchdowns...same thing. Only Read Option, and didn't hand off to the RB not one time.

So yeah I'd be use to it if that ever happened lol.

I agree with not making any more changes. This game's slider tweaking or just sliders in general are wild and complex apparently.The problem with a rule like that is that it's completely and totally honor system, unless you just make it so QB runs aren't allowed at all (even including scrambling and QB Sneak), because then you can obviously figure out if the QB ran by looking at his longest run. Other than that, it's totally honor system.

JeffHCross
08-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Roughly 12 hours until the deadline ...

Remaining:
Snoop (game)
ecrip (game + recruiting)

JB said he may need an extension, but he has completed his game, so I'll plan to move on at the deadline unless I hear otherwise.

JBHuskers
08-02-2015, 02:28 AM
Yeah I played this afternoon.

gschwendt
08-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Roughly 12 hours until the deadline ...

Remaining:
Snoop (game)
ecrip (game + recruiting)

JB said he may need an extension, but he has completed his game, so I'll plan to move on at the deadline unless I hear otherwise.
ADVANCE!!!!

skipwondah33
08-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Advance