PDA

View Full Version : PH'15: Week 5, 2013

JeffHCross
07-26-2015, 09:29 PM
We have advanced! Welcome to Week 5.

Deadline: 8 am central on Thursday. If the User game is not completed by Thursday morning, we will advance whenever it is completed, or no later than Saturday morning.

Lots of ranked games this week. Conference schedules in full swing. Good luck!

User games:
Kansas (JeffHCross) @ Colorado (Papa Lonestar)

CPU games:
Arkansas State at Mizzou
#24 UCF at South Carolina
NC State at #21 Tennessee
Houston vs #6 Baylor
SMU @ #4 TCU
Cincinnati vs #22 Michigan
BYU @ #3 UCLA

Bye weeks:
#10 Georgia Tech

JeffHCross
07-26-2015, 09:29 PM
User game is tentatively scheduled for Monday night, with a backup of Tuesday night, so plan to get your games in by the deadline!

skipwondah33
07-27-2015, 09:46 AM
BYU gets by #3 UCLA 42-37 in an offensive shootout.

The Cougars came into the game not knowing what to expect and uncertainty at the QB position with Heisman hopeful Taysom Hill injured for the season after last week's game. His short season was filled with promise already having amassed 13 passing touchdowns with 0 interceptions and another 6 on the ground. All that production is lost however, forcing the coaches to put in true Freshman Tanner Mangum from his redshirt since the Cougars only had 2 available QB's on the roster.

Mangum struggled early on missing his open WR's wide and often. He eventually settled down despite throwing 2 interceptions. He ran the offense accordingly and in combination with Jamaal Williams having a stellar day on the ground with 212 rushing yards set the tone.

Time will tell if he can hang out to the position with a brutal road schedule that includes Oregon, Stanford, USC and Washington.

In other news the Cougars went the ENTIRE game without a single injury for the first time this season! Credit goes to the medical staff for wrapping the players in bubble wrap before the game.

psusnoop
07-27-2015, 07:12 PM
SMU announces that they will be starting RS JR Matt Davis at QB.

Escobar
07-27-2015, 11:37 PM
My old qb from when I played with A&M in Powerhouse.

psusnoop
07-28-2015, 07:30 PM

LOL, he deserves this shot. He has played well, his arm is a little wild at times but I think if I break things down a little bit more on my passing plays we should be good to go.

TheAgency
07-28-2015, 07:36 PM

Esco...when is the best time for you to play this week?

skipwondah33
07-28-2015, 10:10 PM
Still not over losing my QB. Season had potential of being really special.

Still hope it can

JeffHCross
07-28-2015, 11:22 PM
Kansas gets its ass predictably kicked. Kansas is Ready to Advance.

JeffHCross
07-28-2015, 11:29 PM
Remaining:
ecrip (recruiting + game)
Snoop (game)
Marcotte (game)

psusnoop
07-28-2015, 11:57 PM
SMU stuns #4 TCU 35-31

SMU was down 24-0 with 4 minutes to go in the first half when RS JR QB Matt Davis led them on a very nice drive to close the gap to 24-7 with a TD pass to Joesph with 1:38 remaining in the first half. Trying to keep the game at this score knowing they get the ball back SMU went to more zone coverage and played the pass and Montgomery came up with a huge INT . This gave SMU a chance to add some points again and Davis didn't disappoint hitting some big throws and eventually diving over the top for a TD to get the score back to 24-14 at the half.

With momentum all in SMU's favor, Davis opened the third where he left off, hitting TE Gaines running a seam route for a 55yd TD to make it 24-21 now. TCU would answer though with Boykin just hitting everything to make it 31-21. However that would be the last time they would score as SMU would add 2 more TD's (1pass and 1run) from Davis to put them ahead for good. TCU did have a first and goal from the 6yd line of SMU with under 4 minutes remaining in the game but after three big stops and a very important 4th down looming SMU called a timeout. The staff set the play, all out blitz and stuffed the HB for a 2yd loss. SMU would go on to get 2 first downs and run out the clock.

Davis has just won the starting job, what a game by this young man!

Other side note, I lost JR HB Line for the season grrrr!

JeffHCross
07-29-2015, 09:47 AM
Well, you guys are still winning, but at least they're more competitive this week. That's a plus.

skipwondah33
07-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Well, you guys are still winning, but at least they're more competitive this week. That's a plus.You made some changes?

Couldn't tell if they were any better on Offense or not. Had me scared though atleast. CPU always has semi truck lanes to run and tank like trucking ability. They were more competitive however. Granted UCLA is a very solid team with good players.

Have a feeling with this road schedule I have coming up..thanks BTW :D, I'll find out soon enough just how better they have gotten.

JeffHCross
07-29-2015, 10:58 AM
Do you not remember the "fuck it" post last week? Lol

You know I have no control over conference schedules :P

skipwondah33
07-29-2015, 11:21 AM
Do you not remember the "fuck it" post last week? Lol

You know I have no control over conference schedules :PI remember it but then some posts got removed and didn't think anything of it. Also didn't check to even see if anything was changed lol.