PDA

View Full Version : PH'15: Week 4, 2013

JeffHCross
07-22-2015, 06:13 AM
We have advanced! Welcome to Week 4.

Deadline: 8 am central on Saturday. If the User game is not completed by Saturday morning, we will advance whenever it is completed, or no later than next Monday morning.

User games:
Cincinnati (marcotte) @ NC State (ecrip)

CPU games:
UCF vs USF
#7 Georgia Tech @ #12 Ole Miss
SMU @ UNC
BYU @ Oklahoma State

Bye weeks:
Kansas
Arkansas State
Houston
Colorado

JBHuskers
07-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Hopefully I can get this in tomorrow.

skipwondah33
07-22-2015, 01:15 PM
I'll be playing this evening. Hopefully we can avoid some injuries and keep things rolling in this tough road game against Okie State

skipwondah33
07-22-2015, 09:11 PM
And starting QB and RB go down again with injuries....

Edit: QB out for 9 weeks lol..basically all season. This is unreal man. I've had multiple key guys hurt every single game this season. Starting QB, RB and WR have all been hurt all 4 games thus far

JeffHCross
07-23-2015, 04:54 AM
Hey guys, I would appreciate everyone just taking the time to review the League Rules (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?387-League-Rules) that Oneback posted years ago. While I'm a little more flexible on some things (like Position Changes) than he was, one I'm not is that I expect us to play Sim Style. As he outlines, we should not run up the score, whether against a user or CPU. I should not see starters scoring points in the 4th quarter of a blowout, and touchdowns in the waning seconds of a two-score game are questionable at best. I'm just as guilty as others of forgetting these guidelines from time to time. Just be aware of these rules as you play.

marcotte14
07-23-2015, 07:23 AM
IMO a lot of it has to do with the sliders. There should be no way I should've put up 50+ points on Notre Dame, but I was scoring either a TD of FG on every possession, even with a backup RB getting reps. I also held them to 0 points until the 4th, and my defense is beyond stout. I think we should take a look at CPU Run Defense(I think its at 5) and CPU Pass Coverage. Scoring 50+ points against the CPU consistently is not Sim Style. It was a little bit of an eye opener after reading One Backs Rules, he made some great points.

skipwondah33
07-23-2015, 08:49 AM
Yeah it has been entirely too easy to move the ball on Offense. I figured some of it had to do with the type of Offense I'm running after seasons of trying to run a Pro style Offense in this game lol.

But no it's just easy in general in regards to how the CPU defends.

I will say their on Offense they play better than they have in seasons prior...they just can't stop us either. Though that will be easier for my upcoming opponents now that my my QB Taysom Hill is hurt :fp:. Afraid to even use my RB now even more who is the best player on the team

JeffHCross
07-23-2015, 08:55 AM
I welcome any suggestions on the sliders. I agree there's no way you should have had that easy of a time. I obviously haven't myself.

The guys responsible for the Community Sliders have continued to make changes. It's possible the set we're using is not as effective as advertised. But I am hesitant to make individual changes with no testing or evidence. Their thread makes clear how much of an impact changing one slider can have, often on aspects of the game completely unrelated to the slider that was changed. And obviously changing settings on the fly during the season can have a huge impact on the games played that week.

JeffHCross
07-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Alright, fuck it. I just played a quarter with the "new" Community sliders, which multiple people are saying they enjoy, and while running is still way too easy (thought it did help that I broke a couple big runs outside), I got torched through the air like I haven't since Ohio State's first national championship game against Alabama.

I seem to be the only one having competitive games against the CPU right now, so it can't get any easier for the rest of you guys, right? I've compared the new sliders to what we were using and most of the settings are the same or reasonably close. Almost every change will make the CPU harder.

So fuck it, why not?

skipwondah33
07-23-2015, 11:44 AM
Whatever is decided is fine. I'm about to unredshirt a QB because my backup isn't very good.

And to think he was going to compete for a starting job next season lol.

JeffHCross
07-24-2015, 11:49 PM
Just now noticed the Forum Feedback post that we lost some posts. Marcotte, I believe ecrip posted that his Internet was back and asked when you could play. At this post we'll be advancing whenever you two finish.

Just a reminder, if the deadline has passed (which it will in the morning), I will advance once it is played. Any outstanding CPU games must be completed before the user game or you risk being simmed.

JeffHCross
07-25-2015, 05:24 AM
Have a little bit more time to post now...

Deadline reminder:
Marcotte vs Ecrip - user game
Papa (recruiting)
Escobar (recruiting)
Skip (recruiting)
Snoop (game)

skipwondah33
07-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Not sure what happened but I already recruited

Edit: Guess I didn't finish since I forgot I unlocked the Opener skill giving 500 more points.

Was so distraught finding out QB was hurt it slipped my mind

BYU RTA

skipwondah33
07-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Jeopardy theme

psusnoop
07-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Jeff I'm sorry I thought the advance was Sunday at 8am.

I couldn't have played last night anyways as I drank way to much and fell asleep way to early. Haha

If not advanced my game will be done right after the wife goes to sleep tonight:)

TheAgency
07-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Marcotte v ecrip happening tonight?

psusnoop
07-25-2015, 11:31 PM
SMU comes away from their visit to UNC with a 24-20 game.

HB Line scores with 35 seconds left to pull out the upset but the real story here was coach Etters making a QB change. JR QB Matt Davis 14-24 172yds 0tds 0ints got the nod over SR QB Garrett Krstich. The staff felt with some of the line trouble and the want to run the ball a little more the dual threat that Davis brings to the table pushed him ahead. The decision doesn't mean it is Davis's job though next week. This could really be anyone's job to grab as JR QB Nate Burcham had a pretty good week at practice and may slowly start to push for more reps too.

Line ended the game with 24 carries for 133yds and 2Tds. Player of the game honors went to him as well.

I gotta mention the defensive play though from my secondary. They came to play and got us started when our offense was stumbling early. JR CB Ajee Montes had 6 tackles, 1tfl, and an INT he returned for 77yds and a TD. The defense had 5 sacks, and 7 deflections on the game. Just a relentless effort and a couple huge stops. There was a first and goal late in the second quarter that really allowed us to keep the momentum on our side. UNC came out and attempted to pass each down, but a quick sack and a beautiful shoe string tackle by Montes on a QB scramble allowed us to keep the lead going into the half.

Fun game, lots to build from and lots to learn from. We got a lot of work ahead of us, but we are slowly making some progress.

steelerfan
07-25-2015, 11:48 PM
Fire Coach Etters!

Go Mustangs!

marcotte14
07-26-2015, 08:09 AM
I hope we can get our game in tonight, sorry for the delay guys.

psusnoop
07-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Fire Coach Etters!

Go Mustangs!

Haha, in hearing some grumblings about this QB move.

Press Conference to be determined.

pearice
07-26-2015, 08:51 PM
How shitty... We can't connect to one another

marcotte14
07-26-2015, 09:01 PM
How shitty... We can't connect to one another

I know, we had the same problem in TGT OD.

JeffHCross
07-26-2015, 09:17 PM
Sorry guys. I'll try to remember that in the future.

Escobar
07-26-2015, 11:02 PM
Did either one of you use uniform packs?

marcotte14
07-27-2015, 06:44 AM
Did either one of you use uniform packs?

Not on my end.

pearice
07-27-2015, 09:58 PM
Negative... I even tried playing with default play book... What sucks about this, is I really want to play in TGT...

Escobar
07-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Pearice, do you have a problem connecting to everybody or just certain users in this OD?

JeffHCross
07-28-2015, 07:49 AM
We haven't played lately, but we didn't have any problems connecting his first season in DPD

JBHuskers
07-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Didn't he just get new internet set up? May have google some ports to open.