PDA

View Full Version : Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR - General Discussion

SCClassof93
07-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys. Can you two give us your impressions yet? The game seems to be getting hammered by the Sim crowd while others are down on the lack of features.

JBHuskers
07-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Thanks guys. Can you two give us your impressions yet? The game seems to be getting hammered by the Sim crowd while others are down on the lack of features.

How is the sim crowd hammering it?

SCClassof93
07-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Complaint I am seeing the most is it is way too easy since the removal of the diagonal swing and second ball cam. Putting is universally complained about. Seeing guys post that the 3 click is actually the hardest etc. Far as the other complaints, it is being likened to NHL as bare bones. The career mode is really stripped down, no country clubs, basic player creator etc.

SCClassof93
07-09-2015, 11:43 AM
On the plus everyone says it looks good.

JBHuskers
07-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Complaint I am seeing the most is it is way too easy since the removal of the diagonal swing and second ball cam. Putting is universally complained about. Seeing guys post that the 3 click is actually the hardest etc. Far as the other complaints, it is being likened to NHL as bare bones. The career mode is really stripped down, no country clubs, basic player creator etc.

I am pretty sure they're going away from yearly on this and making it evergreen. So yeah bare bones at launch, but should eventually get more as time goes on.

SCClassof93
07-09-2015, 11:49 AM
On the worst side of things, I see several posts about EA access has saved them the money of purchasing the game. This saddens me as TW14 was a great game when it worked and very fun. I was planning on grabbing this used after I see the support and future additions.

SCClassof93
07-09-2015, 11:50 AM
I am pretty sure they're going away from yearly on this and making it evergreen. So yeah bare bones at launch, but should eventually get more as time goes on.

That's what I'm hoping.....will watch and see. Thanks

JBHuskers
07-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Career mode may be bare bones, but the progression system, leveling up, attribute group choices, and attributes increasing based on how you've done are all pretty cool and add to your progression of your created golfer.

CLW
07-09-2015, 01:48 PM

On the plus everyone says it looks good.

Yep this is what I have been reading as well. I'll stick with Golf Club for my golf gaming fix and I might pick this one up in the bargain bin or rent it from Game Fly. I simply do not understand why they took 2 years off and them came up with 8/9 real courses and only 12 golfers oh and took away the Golf Clubs and didn't replace it with an online tour or some other similar mode.

JBHuskers
07-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Took two years off, but only one year to create these courses from scratch. That is why there are not many at launch.

CLW
07-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Took two years off, but only one year to create these courses from scratch. That is why there are not many at launch.

Well then EA (the company) wasted a year and a suffering franchise is only going to suffer more.

SCClassof93
07-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Well then EA (the company) wasted a year and a suffering franchise is only going to suffer more.

I think you are right. I vaguely remember when tiger was cancelled the pitch we got was "we are going to take 2 years to overhaul this game for next gen" or something similar. Now I assume that we and I mean JB is being told a year cause of this and that etc. Just seems the way they do things, NHL was very similar I heard. If they ever mess with FIFA lookout there would be riots:D

bdoughty
07-09-2015, 06:19 PM

Seeing much of the same. The ones that boggle my mind are the lack of a schedule for the Tour mode. It is just play what comes up next and the Player Creator has gone to complete and utter shit. No facial hair? The player creator in this series was once one of the staples, earning tons of praise.

SCClassof93
07-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Seeing much of the same. The ones that boggle my mind are the lack of a schedule for the Tour mode. It is just play what comes up next and the Player Creator has gone to complete and utter shit. No facial hair? The player creator in this series was once one of the staples, earning tons of praise.

I'm trying to stay positive and will wait and watch and see if EA supports and fleshes out this product. I will say this, their track record alone and complete lack of info about the future support and development of this product should give the buyer pause. Also, if their devs have the time to post on a site they really should not......well, I said I would stay positive:D

bdoughty
07-09-2015, 06:49 PM
The OS thread gave me enough pause to undo my pre-order, because I do not see this selling very well. Just too damn similar to NHL 15 in terms of bare bones. Plus they really need to just retool the putting. Putting should be based on feel and length of the swing (TGC) not set your distance and watch a meter.

If they live up to the updates (adding missing features and free courses) along with the inevitable Amazon price drop, then and only then will I consider picking it up. The putting still grates on me though, enough that if there is a Demo on PS4, I will go that route first to see if I can still use that archaic putting setup. Maybe I will just play the whole thing 3-click swing.

bdoughty
07-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Someone finally found facial hair. Just wanted to clear that up.

SCClassof93
07-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Someone finally found facial hair. Just wanted to clear that up.

Well then sign me up......:D

bdoughty
07-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Well then sign me up......:D

Oops, cancel that order. It was just stubble when you changed the color of your skin. That is what I get for trusting a Divotmaker post. When you get paid by the post, you are going to have a few slip-ups. :P

Just saw that drive-by post by Hands. Bad form.

JBHuskers
07-09-2015, 09:13 PM
I think you are right. I vaguely remember when tiger was cancelled the pitch we got was "we are going to take 2 years to overhaul this game for next gen" or something similar. Now I assume that we and I mean JB is being told a year cause of this and that etc. Just seems the way they do things, NHL was very similar I heard. If they ever mess with FIFA lookout there would be riots:D
Most of the PGA team was on Madden Mobile the first year off.

gschwendt
07-10-2015, 08:44 AM
In general, I'd agree with most of the opinions out there... overall, it's a pretty good game, solid gameplay (nothing too different from previous games), great graphics, but on the whole, very shallow. What will make this game worthwhile will be the post-release support.

I would personally pay for some extra courses (like 4 for $5 or something) and also for added-on modes (I'm looking at Online Career) but otherwise, there should also be a focus on expanding on what is currently there (create-a-golfer, offline career, etc.). Maybe even have a Master's update that includes Augusta as well as a re-worked career mode or something.

JBHuskers
07-10-2015, 08:53 AM
The gameplay on the tour side is great as your over and underswing's are tracked and displayed for you on your shot along with your downswing.

skipwondah33
07-10-2015, 09:01 AM
They make you play with a putt meter?

SCClassof93
07-10-2015, 09:49 AM
In general, I'd agree with most of the opinions out there... overall, it's a pretty good game, solid gameplay (nothing too different from previous games), great graphics, but on the whole, very shallow. What will make this game worthwhile will be the post-release support.

I would personally pay for some extra courses (like 4 for $5 or something) and also for added-on modes (I'm looking at Online Career) but otherwise, there should also be a focus on expanding on what is currently there (create-a-golfer, offline career, etc.). Maybe even have a Master's update that includes Augusta as well as a re-worked career mode or something.

Thanks G

SCClassof93
07-10-2015, 09:50 AM
The gameplay on the tour side is great as your over and underswing's are tracked and displayed for you on your shot along with your downswing.

Yeah but the difficulty compared to Sim mode just isn't there from everything I gather.

skipwondah33
07-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Yeah but the difficulty compared to Sim mode just isn't there from everything I gather.Can it not be set to Sim mode through custom settings?

I know the actual Sim mode was taken out, but can you not make the settings like they are on Sim...to be Sim mode? Swing difficulty, Zoom and the ball/marker alignment are the only factors when going from Tour Pro to Simulation I thought. Zoom may even already be off on Tour Pro.

Can we not change those settings I wonder...or if they are even available any longer

I'd still like to know if you are forced to use a putt meter when putting like it seems like Doughty was talking about

SCClassof93
07-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Can it not be set to Sim mode through custom settings?

I know the actual Sim mode was taken out, but can you not make the settings like they are on Sim...to be Sim mode? Swing difficulty, Zoom and the ball/marker alignment are the only factors when going from Tour Pro to Simulation I thought. Zoom may even already be off on Tour Pro.

Can we not change those settings I wonder...or if they are even available any longer

I'd still like to know if you are forced to use a putt meter when putting like it seems like Doughty was talking about

You can customize settings skip but the diagonal is gone along with the second ball cam etc. I'm already hearing mid 50s being shot.

skipwondah33
07-10-2015, 10:33 AM
You can customize settings skip but the diagonal is gone along with the second ball cam etc. I'm already hearing mid 50s being shot.Diagonal? In the swing?

And no way people are doing that from the Black tees without all the training wheels turned off...especially ball spin. You'd have to be hitting Eagles and Doubles I would think

JBHuskers
07-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Yeah but the difficulty compared to Sim mode just isn't there from everything I gather.

That's because there is a green grid; which without is a pain in the ass.

There is a custom setting you can use though.

skipwondah33
07-10-2015, 11:40 AM
That's because there is a green grid; which without is a pain in the ass.

There is a custom setting you can use though.So you can turn the grid off correct?

JBHuskers
07-10-2015, 11:41 AM
So you can turn the grid off correct?

I'm pretty sure, but I don't have the game in front of me right now, and haven't messed with custom difficulty yet.

SCClassof93
07-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Diagonal? In the swing?

And no way people are doing that from the Black tees without all the training wheels turned off...especially ball spin. You'd have to be hitting Eagles and Doubles I would think

Yes diagonal. Pull to 7 o'clock push to 1 instead of 12 to 6. Scared JB so much he wouldn't play it:D

JBHuskers
07-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Yes diagonal. Pull to 7 o'clock push to 1 instead of 12 to 6. Scared JB so much he wouldn't play it:D

:P

skipwondah33
07-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Yes diagonal. Pull to 7 o'clock push to 1 instead of 12 to 6. Scared JB so much he wouldn't play it:DThought that's what you were referring to lol

Hmm that and not being able to turn off the green gird (possibly) would suck. May be able to live with it if the other options off and settings can somewhat resemble it though

I want to know what settings people are getting into the 50's without the training wheels

SCClassof93
07-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Skip I may be wrong but I can't imagine that they won't give you the option to turn the grids off. On the low scores 18 birdies is 54 but I guarantee they are doing this using the golfers included not a scrub created golfer with low stats.

skipwondah33
07-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Gotcha. That's what I was thinking too. Has to be a way to turn off.

Yeah but getting 18 birdies is even tough, unless favorable conditions are being used. I noticed on every video or stream I've seen everyone uses the putt path or guide thing. Guess that helps too

HANDSWARD
07-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Just saw that drive-by post by Hands. Bad form.

What, that post was hilarious and like 5 more pages went by without anyone acknowledging it. I had to give that guy the credit he deserved.

bdoughty
07-13-2015, 07:06 PM
What, that post was hilarious and like 5 more pages went by without anyone acknowledging it. I had to give that guy the credit he deserved.

All the while ignoring all the legitimate questions people had in that thread, like the one right below your post. Even if you could not answer the question, a simple acknowledgment would have sufficed. People remember that. Just as they remember development teams that communicate with their customers. There is a reason why Tiburon takes a lot of gruff in regards to customer service and other companies, which I will not name, are praised.

cdj
07-17-2015, 12:00 PM
A great shot I had while playing yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODI57Z969XU

SCClassof93
07-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Great shot.....ya amateur :D

cdj
11-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Gamefly is selling used copies of Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR for just $14.99. (https://www.gamefly.com/#!/search/all?q=rory%20mcilroy)

bdoughty
11-24-2015, 01:51 PM
Gamefly is selling used copies of Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR for just $14.99. (https://www.gamefly.com/#!/search/all?q=rory%20mcilroy)

Or buy new like me, to support the developers that post here. ;)

JBHuskers
11-24-2015, 01:52 PM
Or buy new like me, to support the developers that post here. ;)

Gamefly already did that for you ;)

bdoughty
11-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Gamefly already did that for you ;)

That one gamefly copy could have been sent to hundreds of once potential purchasers. Not to mention the guy who buys the used copy. I have nothing against renting or buying used games. Just making the point the two are not equal, in regards to the companies that make and sell games.

comprar
04-17-2016, 07:59 AM

steelerfan
04-17-2016, 08:52 AM
:ram?:

onliner
06-09-2017, 10:01 AM
You'd have to be hitting Eagles and Doubles I would think