bdoughty
07-14-2015, 10:01 AM
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/rory-mcilroy-pga-tour

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/rory-mcilroy-pga-tour

Currently faring just above NHL 15.

JBHuskers
07-14-2015, 10:49 AM
My review:

The game gets a solid 7 from me, with the chance to grow with post-launch support, and the possibility that this could be an evergreen title that EA constantly adds to for a few years. While none of that is for certain, it is definitely worth speculation due to the lack of a number in the title; where all other EA SPORTS titles have one.

First I'll start off with the bad. It is lacking something new for being the first title of the current gen. It's missing something to wow us like an online career mode or even online leagues. It is also missing features that were great in the last iteration of Tiger such as Country Clubs. The lack of a punch to start us off on the PS4/XB1 is what really kills the score.

The lack of courses I can go either way on. I fully understand the fact that these courses were completely built from scratch with the Frostbite engine; which in the long run was a GREAT thing. There are only 8 licensed courses to start, with the 9th coming for free in September. Hopefully they have a DLC model that will make the long-time fans of this game happy. Giving the first course free is a great start.

The last bit of negative is the fact that the player creation is very bare bones. While there is room for this to be patched and be better, what we have right now is not great at all. It would have been great to see them use the same tech that the NBA Live team is using for their face scans.

Now on to the good. This game is BEAUTIFUL. There is a fictitious, but realistic course new to the game called Lighthouse Pointe that is extremely beautiful to enjoy a round of golf on. The graphics are phenomenal, and so is the atmosphere surrounding the golf course. This is a notable step-up from the past.

The fictitious courses are we welcome addition to the game as they are beautifully designed. I talked about Lighthouse Pointe previously, and there is also the Wetlands that is set up almost like your municipal course back home. Then there are the fantasy courses such as Coyote Falls that is carved into the Grand Canyon, and Paracel Storm that is taken from Battlefield 4. As far as fantasy courses go, these offer a lot of fun, and since Paracel Storm is 18 holes of all par 3's, you can work on getting those aces.

The gameplay is not completely different from the past, but amateur mode has a new wrinkle where the putt preview is gone and the putt read line is in its place. This makes you actually have to execute a little better and the amateur mode is not a gimme in online play. Offline play though there is a blue line that actually guides you and teaches you were the ball will land taking wind and elevation into effect.

The swing mechanic in the Tour mode is great as your swing has mechanics and feedback that are affected based on your back and down swing. I have really enjoyed playing Tour mode a lot, but there is also a returning shot mechanic in the 3-click swing. That is the old school way to play EA SPORTS golf, and it was a challenge jumping back into that swing mechanic.

Going back and forth between the three difficulties will add a lot of variety to the game, but also you can create a custom set of rules to mix a balance between Amateur and Tour.

Night Club Challenge is the new feature in the game where it's basically an arcade mode with a ton of challenges to try to complete. I like this addition to the game as it teaches new users how to get started; while offering a great challenge to try to get three stars on each challenge. I created a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR8d7YJfUWE on how to 3-star the first 18 challenges.

Finally, while career mode is basically untouched, the career progression system is a great addition to the game for your created pro. Based on your performance in the round, some of your attributes will automatically increase, and the game will show that to you at the end of each round, but you can also select "personality types" such as power, up and down, precise, and etc. to mold your golfer. Each type will affect ratings for the good and the bad, and eventually you'll have four types you can select with about 24 to choose from.

Overall, Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is a great base with a lot of room to grow. There is a lot missing from the retail product today, but hopefully we will see some growth with this product in the months after.

SCClassof93
07-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Great review JB! I hope for all the things you do and will check in on the game from time to time to see if and how it is supported and expanded.

JBHuskers
07-14-2015, 12:27 PM
Great review JB! I hope for all the things you do and will check in on the game from time to time to see if and how it is supported and expanded.
Thanks a lot man!

steelerfan
07-14-2015, 12:48 PM
I don't remember where I saw it (I know it was on a YouTube video) but recently it was hinted by the EA NHL team that the "evergreen" model is the next big change coming to sports titles.

Wouldn't surprise me if roster updates and annual game play tuning become DLC that is charged for and a new "full version" of each title only comes out every 2-3 years.

skipwondah33
07-14-2015, 01:15 PM
That is the mobile gaming operating procedure it appears. I know not the best of examples but the way SuperCell does with Clash of Clans. Left/leaves room to make additions/updates to keep the game fresh.

It would appear some studios already caught wind of that model and capitalize on that being their driving force.

gigemaggs99
07-14-2015, 02:40 PM
WHOHOO! Game installing on XBOX1 external HD as we speak.

TPC Scottsdale is qued and ready to install.

Should be on the links momentarily. :))

gigemaggs99
07-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Played the 1st rd of the web.com, shot -2 on Tour Mode with my created golfer. Also messed around with the night club, very cool mode.

The graphics look great, I'm loving the game so far! :up:

CLW
07-14-2015, 05:59 PM
STRUGGLING TO MAKE PAR

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/14/rory-mcilroy-pga-tour-review

Those of you betting on a yet to be seen "future support" are completely misguided. You have to review the game as it is on launch with 8/9 courses and 12 golfers. To charge $60 for that after taking 2 years off is insane. Bargain basement or a weekend rental at best unless/until EA updates it with a real/complete golf came. I'll stick with Golf Club.

bdoughty
07-14-2015, 07:21 PM
What bothers me most is that the majority of the issues with the game are things that are left out. So many tiny things add up to what has turned into NHL 15 part duex. The thing is we need to lay the blame where it belongs. Which brings me to Peter Moore. Peter was agitated when when his company was back to back "Worst company in America." He even wrote a blog about it.

WE CAN DO BETTER

http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better

Would the release of NHL 15 and Rory 15 be consider doing better? The buck stops at Peter and the big reason these two games came out so bare bones is you limited the bucks to develop these games.

Ironically after commenting about how they listed to the customer feedback, there is the following quote.

I expect the debate will include a lot of comments under this post.

Notes that there are no comments under the post or the option to comment on it.

Sorry Peter,

WE DESERVE BETTER.

steelerfan
07-14-2015, 07:54 PM
While I agree it appears to be another crappy, feature-less release, you don't "deserve" anything. No one forces you to plop down $60 for crappy games year after year so "deserve" (in all caps, no less) is ridiculous.

I'd say the ones who deserve better are the developers who are under-resourced for these projects and then have to deal with the massive public rage that comes with it. I have no doubt that the developers do the best that they can with what they have to work with but they aren't equipped properly from the beginning.

Do as you please, I'll continue to speak with my dollar.

SCClassof93
07-14-2015, 07:56 PM
STRUGGLING TO MAKE PAR

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/14/rory-mcilroy-pga-tour-review

Those of you betting on a yet to be seen "future support" are completely misguided. You have to review the game as it is on launch with 8/9 courses and 12 golfers. To charge $60 for that after taking 2 years off is insane. Bargain basement or a weekend rental at best unless/until EA updates it with a real/complete golf came. I'll stick with Golf Club.

Make no mistake, where this company is concerned, proof of freebies, expansions, DLC and yes patches to support the game will have to be shown before I purchase this.....

CLW
07-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Make no mistake, where this company is concerned, proof of freebies, expansions, DLC and yes patches to support the game will have to be shown before I purchase this.....

Yep - IF I were a betting man this game is not going to sell well (even worse than before) so the EA suits will decide to not provide any support and probably drop the series unless/until golf becomes more popular or VR makes a leap that makes a golf game feel like playing a legit round of golf.

steelerfan
07-14-2015, 08:24 PM
In the defense of the possibility that EA will support this title, they patched entire game modes and extras into NHL 15 so it is not a given that this game will not receive adequate support.

gigemaggs99
07-14-2015, 09:09 PM
SUCKS!

Call me naive, I've been waiting for this game since the last Tiger Woods Golf game. I just wanted a golf game on Next Gen. I have TGC, it's a good game but I also enjoy this one. I liken it to a race game, there are multiple race games, each one is slightly different, not better or worse. It just seems like people come on here and say SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

I mean what are you wanting? It seems like IF they came out w/ the perfect game (whatever that is) people would still say SUCKS!

Madden hasn't changed that much, it's a freaking football game, football hasn't really changed since I was a kid, they still play offense, defense, special teams, they run and pass the ball...what earth shattering advancements are you looking for?

This is a golf game, what are you looking for? SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS! :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Personally, I like that we have a golf game. I like how it looks. It plays great. I play on Tour mode, I don't give a flying f*ck about all that boost video game golf crap. So I don't see what the game is missing. SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

It has great graphics, swing mechanics seem very good, offers, full, choke, punch, flop, pitch, & chip shots. It does have club manufactures, clothing, courses (I guess the complain is it SUCKS!) It has courses, but doesn't have all 130 billion that it should, GAME SUCKS!

I like that you can draw and fade the ball, you can hit high & low draw shots, high & low fades...GAME SUCKS!

I haven't tried chipping with my hybrid or putting from the fringe (i.e. Texas wedge) but it seems good. GAME SUCKS!

I read and hear people give reviews that the ball physics SUCK! They say the ball just drops straight into the hole each time and in real life it doesn't do that. GAME SUCKS!

I think they must not have bought the same edition I did. When I'm playing I've lipped putts, had them break in the side door, they don't just go straight in, maybe my game is "broken"?

GAME SUCKS!

I guess I'd like to know what the perfect game is, I need to know so I can go out and buy it. This game obviously isn't it b/c it SUCKS!

End rant. :deadhorse:

skipwondah33
07-14-2015, 09:11 PM
That was awesome :D

SCClassof93
07-14-2015, 09:17 PM
In the defense of the possibility that EA will support this title, they patched entire game modes and extras into NHL 15 so it is not a given that this game will not receive adequate support.

Hope that is the case here as well. I only have what happened with TW14 to go on soo I too will vote with my dollars and not expect much.....hopefully have a pleasant surprise.

bdoughty
07-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Do as you please, I'll continue to speak with my dollar.

I did the same by not purchasing it but unlike yourself I am a golf fan with limited options. The consumer deserves better than half a game for full price. I placed the blame squarely on Peter Moore, who last I checked was not one of the developers working on the game. If you want to get in a pissing match, PM me. We have been down this road before.

gigemaggs99

Glad you are happy with the game. Not looking for perfection, just something above average.

steelerfan
07-14-2015, 10:17 PM
I did the same by not purchasing it but unlike yourself I am a golf fan with limited options. The consumer deserves better than half a game for full price. I placed the blame squarely on Peter Moore, who last I checked was not one of the developers working on the game. If you want to get in a pissing match, PM me. We have been down this road before.

gigemaggs99

Glad you are happy with the game. Not looking for perfection, just something above average.
You must be the most incendiary person on earth. Every comment that contrasts any portion of what you say is not a call to arms. Relax.

You act as though I have never owned an EA golf game in my life. I'll have you know I've probably had 3-5 of them. Besides, that has nothing to do with the point and I never said you put the blame on the developers or that Peter Moore is a developer.

I said that your narcissistic sense of entitlement is misguided - which it is. Being a fan of a sport and having limited options for video game versions of that sport do not entitle you to anything.

bdoughty
07-15-2015, 12:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/T6JcT2C.gif

SmoothPancakes
07-15-2015, 11:13 PM
[emoji14]opcorn:

HANDSWARD
07-16-2015, 12:50 PM
SUCKS!

Call me naive, I've been waiting for this game since the last Tiger Woods Golf game. I just wanted a golf game on Next Gen. I have TGC, it's a good game but I also enjoy this one. I liken it to a race game, there are multiple race games, each one is slightly different, not better or worse. It just seems like people come on here and say SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

I mean what are you wanting? It seems like IF they came out w/ the perfect game (whatever that is) people would still say SUCKS!

Madden hasn't changed that much, it's a freaking football game, football hasn't really changed since I was a kid, they still play offense, defense, special teams, they run and pass the ball...what earth shattering advancements are you looking for?

Personally, I like that we have a golf game. I like how it looks. It plays great. I play on Tour mode, I don't give a flying f*ck about all that boost video game golf crap. So I don't see what the game is missing. SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

It has great graphics, swing mechanics seem very good, offers, full, choke, punch, flop, pitch, & chip shots. It does have club manufactures, clothing, courses (I guess the complain is it SUCKS!) It has courses, but doesn't have all 130 billion that it should, GAME SUCKS!

I like that you can draw and fade the ball, you can hit high & low draw shots, high & low fades...GAME SUCKS!

I haven't tried chipping with my hybrid or putting from the fringe (i.e. Texas wedge) but it seems good. GAME SUCKS!

I read and hear people give reviews that the ball physics SUCK! They say the ball just drops straight into the hole each time and in real life it doesn't do that. GAME SUCKS!

I think they must not have bought the same edition I did. When I'm playing I've lipped putts, had them break in the side door, they don't just go straight in, maybe my game is "broken"?

GAME SUCKS!

I guess I'd like to know what the perfect game is, I need to know so I can go out and buy it. This game obviously isn't it b/c it SUCKS!

I think I just shit my pants a little. :D

SCClassof93
07-16-2015, 12:56 PM
SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

GAME SUCKS!

Gus you are naive. :nod::D

SCClassof93
07-16-2015, 01:09 PM
In all seriousness I'm glad some are enjoying this but everyone on my psn friends list that has purchased this has messaged me to say they regret it. Plus the youtube reviews are brutal.

bdoughty
07-16-2015, 04:56 PM
In all seriousness I'm glad some are enjoying this but everyone on my psn friends list that has purchased this has messaged me to say they regret it. Plus the youtube reviews are brutal.

Speaking of brutal.

http://i.imgur.com/4PjL5X2.jpg

Let's go back a year.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-ceo-says-company-is-changing-to-become-player-first/1100-6420699/

Further still, Wilson pointed out that EA's decision to not release a new Need for Speed game in 2014--making this year the first in over a decade without a new game--is a testament to EA's new "player-first" mentality. The company won't release a game unless it's "great," he said, even if it takes more time than anticipated to get there.

bdoughty
07-16-2015, 05:15 PM
OS Review

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/799/rory-mcilroy-pga-tour/

5/10

skipwondah33
07-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Soooo Powerstar Golf is the best golf game out right now? Interesting I hadn't heard of it

SCClassof93
07-16-2015, 05:56 PM
I've been watching a few streams looking for tour difficulty etc, my question for any of you playing this is can the after shot dancing and pouting etc be turned off?

SCClassof93
07-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Speaking of brutal.

http://i.imgur.com/4PjL5X2.jpg

Let's go back a year.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-ceo-says-company-is-changing-to-become-player-first/1100-6420699/

But they had to work on Madden mobile a year......basically they are masters at marketing as like I stated earlier many on my friends list have purchased and are upset. Many of these guys swore off this two years ago.....short memories I guess.

bdoughty
07-16-2015, 06:29 PM
Soooo Powerstar Golf is the best golf game out right now? Interesting I hadn't heard of it

It was a pretty fun game. Xbox One only and played a bit like Hot Shots Golf.

gigemaggs99
07-16-2015, 09:01 PM
I've been watching a few streams looking for tour difficulty etc, my question for any of you playing this is can the after shot dancing and pouting etc be turned off?

I play on Tour diff, and as far as I've seen no. I haven't looked all over but while playing it does get silly how explosive his reactions will be. Sink a birdie putt and he'll ride the putter like a horse slapping it, or he does a Robot dance, or some sprinkler looking thing.

If you miss a putt he'll act like he's doing to double fist hammer throw the putter.

I play golf in real life with some guys like that, we all usually shakes our heads and make fun of them when they aren't there. I subscribe to the school of thought, "act like you've been there."

Been busy with work (haven't had much time to play), but so far into the 3rd round of the Web.com at TPC Sawgrass and I'm leading with -10, 1 round to go. 2nd place is at -4 so I'm feeling pretty good about my chances.

skipwondah33
07-16-2015, 10:09 PM
It was a pretty fun game. Xbox One only and played a bit like Hot Shots Golf.Gotcha

So the ball explodes and wild stuff like that? Except it isn't a mode...the game is built around it?

Apparently people like their golf that way than close representations of it...beating the likes of both TGC and PGA Tour. Atleast if any weight is being put into the ratings posted above

bdoughty
07-17-2015, 12:13 AM
Gotcha

So the ball explodes and wild stuff like that? Except it isn't a mode...the game is built around it?

Apparently people like their golf that way than close representations of it...beating the likes of both TGC and PGA Tour. Atleast if any weight is being put into the ratings posted above

Nope, it was a pretty straight forward golf game, with the ability to use special shots and caddy boosts every so often. For the most part it was just plain old golf, minus the analog swing. Even borrowing from the older Tiger games where clubs, clothes and accessories you purchase impact your stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqLatqGky7Q

Hot Shots Golf had some of that wacky stuff too but you were not forced to use it. Even labeled an arcade game because of the crazy characters and caddies, HSG played closer to a simulation than it's Tiger counterparts in many areas. Ball physics in HSG were amazing and they utilized sidehill/uphill/downhill lies affecting a shot before anyone else on console golf games. Just to name a few things off the top of my head. The problem with HSG games were the limited courses, although you did have the option to play mirrored versions of each course.

skipwondah33
07-17-2015, 06:48 AM
Well its better than both TGC and PGA...so it's doing something right that they both aren't lol

More friendly target of gamer or the game isn't taken as serious because of the characters maybe or something

Those type of games are addicting. I remember playing something on 360 when I had one. It was some golf game a while back but it had silly obstacles and things in it if I recall

SCClassof93
07-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Boy the ea forums and especially the Amazon customer reviews are a riot to read.

CLW
07-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Boy the ea forums and especially the Amazon customer reviews are a riot to read.

Yeah might be the end of the series if sales fall flat (which I expect them to do)

SCClassof93
07-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Yeah might be the end of the series if sales fall flat (which I expect them to do)

Do you think another publisher/developer could get the PGA license?

skipwondah33
07-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Do you think another publisher/developer could get the PGA liscense?

Powerstar Golf lol

CLW
07-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Do you think another publisher/developer could get the PGA liscense?

Nope b/c unlike Madden/FIFA the PGA license/brand isn't strong enough (right now) to drive sales.

I see 2 types of golf games going forward - #1 Golf Club (indy "sim") and #2 Arcade/Hot Shots games

SCClassof93
07-19-2015, 12:09 PM
I can't see anymore.....or spell :fp:

bdoughty
07-20-2015, 06:15 PM
I do not know how much one week means, especially in the UK, since Rory is British but...

Rory was #1 selling video game last week in the UK.

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

bdoughty
07-20-2015, 11:54 PM
Giant Bomb did their thing. That character created and the commentary. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHmZ10k27LI

steelerfan
07-21-2015, 05:41 AM
Glad I wasn't looking forward to that game. That looks beyond terrible. :fp:

skipwondah33
07-21-2015, 08:02 AM
Game doesn't look all that bad to me.

I haven't been reading the reviews or knocks on the game or anything. Friend of mine just said it's a little basic. Not sure how much more you can add.

May get it eventually but had to go with the far cheaper option at the moment with TGC with Madden coming next month

SCClassof93
07-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Game doesn't look all that bad to me.

I haven't been reading the reviews or knocks on the game or anything. Friend of mine just said it's a little basic. Not sure how much more you can add.

May get it eventually but had to go with the far cheaper option at the moment with TGC with Madden coming next month

I played this yesterday at a retailer.....you went with the far better product skip in TGC I assure you.

JBHuskers
07-21-2015, 09:51 AM
I agree with everyone's sentiments, and trust me, we were pretty harsh in our meeting with the team at community day to wrap up things in regards to content and etc.

I feel the gameplay is solid, and amateur without the blue line (which is off in Online Tournaments) is not the gimme it used to be overall.

With that said, what needs to be done here to make you guys happy with Rory?

SCClassof93
07-21-2015, 10:00 AM
More options for online hth. Country clubs missing has disappointed many on my friend list. Dropping Sim mode has upset several guys on my psn list, these are guys that don't visit forums and pretty much are golf only guys. Every one of these guys has already traded it in and gone back to TGC. Deeper career mode is a must for me to buy at any price, from what I played just no depth at all. Just a few

SCClassof93
07-21-2015, 10:03 AM
I agree the game plays decent but without Sim it's way to easy. Sim mode was the innovation the series needed, strange to drop it after a year.

SCClassof93
07-21-2015, 10:05 AM
I never use the PGA golfers and really don't care for spending tons of time trying to create my golfer, I know many care about these though just not in my circle.....more courses or even better a course creator would be helpful.....

SCClassof93
07-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Giant Bomb did their thing. That character created and the commentary. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHmZ10k27LI

Almost forgot, please add an option to turn off all the crap post shot.

skipwondah33
07-21-2015, 10:11 AM
Country Club feature wasn't a big deal to me. Yeah it was cool but that wouldn't have disappointed me had I bought the game.

More courses is all I can think of. Thing is the game wasn't bad to begin with past versions. Making the ball physics better and things like that is all it truly needed. And of course the ability to buy courses with coins/XP would have been nice to have back. The lack of player creator stuff really doesn't bother me at all. Hell especially after just being limited to changing my golfer's skin tone and select clothes on the TGC...which is fine I never care for that anyway but it seems to bother quite a few people apparently.

The ability to customize difficulty settings was great and if it's still in the game (doesn't have to be a preset mode, just the option to make it to your liking and not dumb down).

I guess since my list of things isn't long that's why the game doesn't seem that bad to me...this of course not having the chance to play it yet. I couldn't imagine the game being that bad if you can turn off the visual and stuff that makes it easy (aiming arc, putt line, swing path/meter, etc).

The Career mode was always kinda weak, enjoyable but I wasn't banking on it being the main driving point of the game.

So really for me

More courses at fair prices
More customizable difficulty settings?
Ball physics

Everything else is fine with me from outside looking in

JBHuskers
07-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Can you do sim mode through custom settings though?

I believe it is in the works for more H2H options.

There obviously will be more courses, you just have to stay tuned. I know the plan, but can't really share it.

No one uses the PGA golfers. 97% used CAG, 2.5% used Tiger, and 0.5% used others. The only time I like using PGA golfers is being forced to use them for an Online Tournament for a specific one.

Country Clubs and deeper career are probably a ways off unfortunately.

skipwondah33
07-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Can you do sim mode through custom settings though?

I believe it is in the works for more H2H options.

There obviously will be more courses, you just have to stay tuned. I know the plan, but can't really share it.

No one uses the PGA golfers. 97% used CAG, 2.5% used Tiger, and 0.5% used others. The only time I like using PGA golfers is being forced to use them for an Online Tournament for a specific one.

Country Clubs and deeper career are probably a ways off unfortunately.That was my question. During the settings run through I don't recall seeing many in-depth settings options as there were in TW14. You ran through it rather quick that night you streamed gameplay lol. Didn't get a chance to see you actually play with some of those settings turned on.

Yeah the PGA golfers aren't a huge deal...other than seeing their name on the leaderboard when playing. The weird clothing and CAG options kind of annoyed me. The hockey stick as a club or putter. None of that stuff means anything to me.

I figured more courses certainly would be available. I'm still salty about why they changed their course structure to begin with but understand why it was going to happen. I saw the DLC trend coming...as now it's in every game you play...mobile and console.

SCClassof93
07-21-2015, 11:46 AM
J.B. just have whoever read the posts on the ea forum. The issue thread details bugs, glitches, and complaints galore about the product as is.....something I have no knowledge of with my limited experience with the game. I would work on this stuff then add new features.

SCClassof93
07-21-2015, 11:48 AM
Also, JB have you heard it is not evergreen but every other year release yet?

JBHuskers
07-21-2015, 12:19 PM
Also, JB have you heard it is not evergreen but every other year release yet?

I think the plan is evergreen for now, but with all of the negativity surrounding it, I could see the next release be evergreen instead with a bigger base. Time will tell depending on what gets added down the road. If you see new features in addition to courses, then you might be able to assume it's evergreen.

SCClassof93
07-21-2015, 01:40 PM
I think the plan is evergreen for now, but with all of the negativity surrounding it, I could see the next release be evergreen instead with a bigger base. Time will tell depending on what gets added down the road. If you see new features in addition to courses, then you might be able to assume it's evergreen.

Are the reviews negative? Certainly. I however do not think negativity surrounds it as if the consumer or potential consumer is being unreasonable. Not sure what you meant. Basically this is how an informed market should work. It's up to ea to improve this product to retain the buyers they have and to attract more. If you are saying that because of the markets backlash they may bail on it altogether (my original concern) then they will alienate even more customers.

JBHuskers
07-21-2015, 01:55 PM
I have a pretty good feeling they are not bailing.

(remember I said this with NBA too and was right)

bdoughty
07-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Bring back all the features that were in TW 14.
More courses. Like SC said I really could care less about more PGA players to play with.
Next Gen Gameface.
Keep the 3 click.
Online PGA Tour
Have the development team play the crap out of Links 2004 and bring that analog swing to the game. That putting setup just does not cut it. You need to be in control of the swing.
Kick Peter Moore in the nuts for letting this game come out this way.

CLW
07-21-2015, 06:14 PM

This is part of the problem as well as there is no clear vision of where this title is headed. I'd consider giving them a pass on only 9 courses if they had a posted schedule outlining what new courses were coming and the month for their release as well as Golf Clubs, Online Tours etc.....

SCClassof93
07-21-2015, 06:33 PM
I had not thought of that but I've heard from two guys that they aren't betting on support to flesh this out and traded in....went back to TGC etc. Would certainly help if they posted or confirmed some way of what, when, how they plan to support the game long term.

bdoughty
07-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Based on how EA has supported certain things in the past, you know darn well they are waiting for more sales figures and future projections based on some magical telemetry from Beancounter #6548521, in investor relations, to determine how much content will be provided.

JBHuskers
07-22-2015, 12:05 PM
This is part of the problem as well as there is no clear vision of where this title is headed. I'd consider giving them a pass on only 9 courses if they had a posted schedule outlining what new courses were coming and the month for their release as well as Golf Clubs, Online Tours etc.....

Yeah that was my wish was to tell the masses the plans going forward, but I guess legally they can't or marketing won't let them, I don't know.

Maybe soon after we clear launch they can. I just know there are some good things planned.

gschwendt
07-22-2015, 12:34 PM
EA is a publicly traded company... can't share too much for fear of stockholders... If they share it and it doesn't come true, then they would be subject to litigation.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

SCClassof93
07-22-2015, 02:10 PM
EA is a publicly traded company... can't share too much for fear of stockholders... If they share it and it doesn't come true, then they would be subject to litigation.

Granted, but they could share what they at least know they are going to do.....this late in the game etc

CLW
07-22-2015, 04:56 PM

Granted, but they could share what they at least know they are going to do.....this late in the game etc

I'm not asking for speculation or "we hope to get.... added". I'm looking for this is 100% guaranteed and are target date for releasing the FREE DLC is X.

No one in their right mind would pay $60 for 9 courses and 12 golfers.

JBHuskers
07-23-2015, 12:42 AM
I'm not asking for speculation or "we hope to get.... added". I'm looking for this is 100% guaranteed and are target date for releasing the FREE DLC is X.

No one in their right mind would pay $60 for 9 courses and 12 golfers.

The 12 golfers argument is nothing. Minus Tiger, 0.5% (if that) of gamers played with pro golfers.

The courses on the other hand is a legitimate gripe.

HANDSWARD
07-28-2015, 12:57 PM
9 courses

Pet peeve of mine... there are 12 courses. 12 not 9, or 10, or 8... 12
13 if you pre-ordered. 13 in August for everyone. 14 in September for everyone. And stay tuned for more info to come.

And if you want to say that nobody cares about fantasy courses, Paracel Storm is the most popular course in the game right now (even without it being part of career) and Coyote Falls is #4 (also not in career to help bolster its numbers). Coyote was #2 early on but the Open helped bring St Andrews numbers up and Sawgrass had a solid jump in the past week, and is helped by being the first course in career. Probably should have made more fantasy courses as they obviously move the needle more than the real ones.

SCClassof93
07-28-2015, 01:44 PM
13 if you pre-ordered. 13 in August for everyone. 14 in September for everyone. And stay tuned for more info to come.

And if you want to say that nobody cares about fantasy courses, Paracel Storm is the most popular course in the game right now (even without it being part of career) and Coyote Falls is #4 (also not in career to help bolster its numbers). Coyote was #2 early on but the Open helped bring St Andrews numbers up and Sawgrass had a solid jump in the past week, and is helped by being the first course in career. Probably should have made more fantasy courses as they obviously move the needle more than the real ones.

You interact with your customers and potential customers in, let's just say, odd ways.

HANDSWARD
07-28-2015, 01:50 PM
You interact with your customers and potential customers in, let's just say, odd ways.

Unemployed Duke fans aren't potential customers. :P

Go Heels!

JBHuskers
07-28-2015, 01:52 PM

Go Heels!

http://c3.thejournal.ie/media/2014/06/tumblr_loc7nhfvdp1qftp7z.gif

skipwondah33
07-28-2015, 02:37 PM
You interact with your customers and potential customers in, let's just say, odd ways.Honestly alot better than I would....when all I heard was the opinion towards the game is "it's terrible, sucks, not worth my money....as if their money is everyone's money, etc, etc, etc".

And I'm a pretty mild mannered person :D

CLW
07-28-2015, 04:11 PM

Fair enough I saw the 9 # from somewhere but 12 is still too few and I'm not dropping $60 for 12 courses either.

If memory serves there were some where between 30-40 courses in TW13. So.... EA has cut 60-70% of the courses in the series after a 2 year period to work on the game.

I'll "stay tuned" but you have about 28 more courses to go before the value proposition is there.

Meh doesn't bother me. He can take my negative comments about the game personal (or maybe he was joking). It doesn't affect me in the slightest or my opinion towards his employer.

Go Heels!

You must have taken too many Swahili and/or Af-Am classes at :North_Carolina: :nod:

That is the only logical way to explain how/why EA (or at least their employees) do not consider avid sports fans who are in the top 1% of income in the US are not potential customers.

bdoughty
07-28-2015, 05:32 PM
You must have taken too many Swahili and/or Af-Am classes at :North_Carolina: :nod:

That is the only logical way to explain how/why EA (or at least their employees) do not consider avid sports fans who are in the top 1% of income in the US are not potential customers.

http://i.imgur.com/deANItq.gif

HANDSWARD
07-28-2015, 06:11 PM

Touche

And honestly guys, I come on this site as a normal user. I guess you guys look at me as an "EA Employee" and I guess you have all the right to. I come on here to play NCAA OD (which I have been on Auto for a hot bit but I still recruit via the web each week). I should probably take my posts in the Rory forum a little more seriously.

CLW
07-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Touche

And honestly guys, I come on this site as a normal user. I guess you guys look at me as an "EA Employee" and I guess you have all the right to. I come on here to play NCAA OD (which I have been on Auto for a hot bit but I still recruit via the web each week). I should probably take my posts in the Rory forum a little more seriously.

Yeah - trust me - although I know you work for EA on PGA - I know you are not coming here in your "official capacity"

skipwondah33
07-28-2015, 10:08 PM
CLW, 20 of the 36 courses were DLC.

Don't think 20 courses were available 7 days after release...and certainly not free. Granted believe you could unlock by coins/course mastery?

So instead of the 12 it has now...it had 16 on the base game that version. 1 of course was Augusta.

4 more courses wouldn't have been a deal breaker to me

CLW
07-29-2015, 07:48 AM
CLW, 20 of the 36 courses were DLC.

Don't think 20 courses were available 7 days after release...and certainly not free. Granted believe you could unlock by coins/course mastery?

So instead of the 12 it has now...it had 16 on the base game that version. 1 of course was Augusta.

4 more courses wouldn't have been a deal breaker to me

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71JO3j5WE%2BL._SL1010_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/616IrQGogHL.jpg

JBHuskers
07-29-2015, 08:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/deANItq.gif

What was on the computer I wonder :D

skipwondah33
07-29-2015, 09:23 AM
CLW those were Collector's editions.

There is no Collector's edition this version so I was comparing base game to base game.

So you wouldn't pay $60 for the number of courses this version (12)...but would pay $69 or $79 or how much ever it was for 8 more courses?

JBHuskers
07-29-2015, 09:26 AM

There is no Collector's edition this version so I was comparing base game to base game.

So you wouldn't pay $60 for the number of courses this version (12)...but would pay $69 or $79 or how much ever it was for 8 more courses?

He's a lawyer, bending the truth is in his DNA :D

SCClassof93
07-29-2015, 09:41 AM

The amount of courses was something I would have thought to be lame if I was still a first day flag waiver for ea, it would not have kept me from buying. I've had several opportunities to buy it used already which was what I was going to do.....what keeps me from buying it now are the metacritic reviews, amazon reviews and the complaints that have not been answered on ea's own forum and these complaints are not just about a lack of content, the biggie is the glitch hth play online. We quote metacritic alot around here but with this title not so much or just make the joke about the unhappy consumer instead of the game.....not sure why that is but anyway....

skipwondah33
07-29-2015, 09:50 AM
I'd never heard of or visited that site until BD posted the picture of the 3 golf games with Powerstar leading.

I simply can't buy it until it comes significantly down in price since Madden is coming out so soon. Game budget is always 2 games a year...Madden and COD for my shooting shit after hundreds of Madden games fix :D

CLW
07-29-2015, 10:00 AM

Yes those were collector's editions but you could also unlock the courses through "mastery" in 13 which was REALLY easy. Of course the lame games media bitched and moaned about a way for gamers to get something for FREE so EA ditched the program and forced us to pay for the courses in 14. (or at least that is what I recall).

skipwondah33
07-29-2015, 10:05 AM
Yes those were collector's editions but you could also unlock the courses through "mastery" in 13 which was REALLY easy. Of course the lame games media bitched and moaned about a way for gamers to get something for FREE so EA ditched the program and forced us to pay for the courses in 14. (or at least that is what I recall).Yeah that pissed me off as well. I remember PM'ing JB as soon as I played and found out it was gone.

Absolutely loved that method and recall it being easy as well. It eventually would have went away either way with the way DLC has come about but still maybe not when it did.

bdoughty
07-29-2015, 04:46 PM
Speaking of Metacritic, thanks to Gamespot and their review score of "4" they now have a 61 PS4 rating. Tied with "Schrodinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark" and one point ahead of NHL 15.

SCClassof93
07-29-2015, 05:47 PM
Speaking of Metacritic, thanks to Gamespot and their review score of "4" they now have a 61 PS4 rating. Tied with "Schrodinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark" and one point ahead of NHL 15.

There are huge plans for Schrodinger's Cat, stay tuned.....