PDA

View Full Version : Rocket League (PS4, XB1, PC)

bdoughty
07-13-2015, 07:17 AM
If you have PS+ and have not downloaded it, download it. Honestly this game is digital crack. It is one of those games that seems simple enough but is difficult to master.

P.S. Go through the training first and pay special attention when in advanced training. Once you bump the difficulty from Rookie to Pro (or for that matter play online) the game becomes a completely different monster that requires you to have some airborne skills.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DefenselessFarAldabratortoise.gif

steelerfan
07-13-2015, 08:48 AM
Game is alot of fun. I expected very little and thought the concept was pretty lame but it is a great little game.

skipwondah33
07-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Online friend of mine was playing it I noticed over the weekend while I was on my Pixel Shooter binge. Will download this later this evening, though dizziness looks like it will ensue while playing lol

steelerfan
07-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Be sure to turn the Ball Cam on (that's what she said). It's impossible to play without it.

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2015, 10:54 AM
I played the hell out of it this weekend. Played a 36 week 3 v 3 rookie difficulty season between Thursday and Saturday. Just blitz played the fuck out of it and had a ton of fun. Played a 2 v 2 pro difficulty exhibition match, got my ass handed to me. No way in hell am I going online in this game. I'll have people sending mail bombs to my house because of how bad I sucked and how much I fucked my teammates over.

bdoughty
07-13-2015, 06:58 PM
I played the hell out of it this weekend. Played a 36 week 3 v 3 rookie difficulty season between Thursday and Saturday. Just blitz played the fuck out of it and had a ton of fun. Played a 2 v 2 pro difficulty exhibition match, got my ass handed to me. No way in hell am I going online in this game. I'll have people sending mail bombs to my house because of how bad I sucked and how much I fucked my teammates over.

Yeah the difficulty jump between Rookie and Pro is steep. Those freebies on the kickoffs are no more.

JBHuskers
07-17-2015, 09:06 AM
Yeah this is definitely a blast to play.

JBHuskers
07-18-2015, 03:07 AM
Sweet goal I nailed tonight....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyv3DKiRboI&feature=youtu.be

bdoughty
07-18-2015, 06:25 AM
Sweet goal I nailed tonight....

Great shot, no better feeling than getting one airborne from distance.

CLW
07-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Great Game. We should get a group of guys together for some online play

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2015, 09:27 AM
I'd be game. Just name the day and time.

skipwondah33
07-20-2015, 09:38 AM
Downloaded this other night. Rather addicting. Ended up playing it lastnight for about 2 hours. Played a few on Rookie then jumped up to Pro. Messing around with a season at the moment on Pro. Lost first 3 games, but won last 2.

Have to get the control down but had some nice goals.

JBHuskers
07-20-2015, 10:53 AM
I'm going for the platinum, so I'll keep it on Rookie :nod:

steelerfan
07-20-2015, 01:18 PM
I'm going for the platinum, so I'll keep it on Rookie :nod:
Platinum will be easy. I lack only 3 or 4 trophies and they will just come from playing alot (drive X distance, collect all items, make 20 saves are the ones I can think of).

JBHuskers
07-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Platinum will be easy. I lack only 3 or 4 trophies and they will just come from playing alot (drive X distance, collect all items, make 20 saves are the ones I can think of).

The 20 saves is tough, I think I only have 3 or 4 now so if worst comes to worst, I'll bust out two controllers :nod:

I got the backwards goal scoring one with exhibition with just me on the field :D

skipwondah33
07-20-2015, 01:26 PM
The 20 saves is tough, I think I only have 3 or 4 now so if worst comes to worst, I'll bust out two controllers :nod:

I got the backwards goal scoring one with exhibition with just me on the field :DI racked up quite a few of those lastnight if I recall. Have to check how many I have.

Wasn't going for trophies...don't even know what the trophies are but I did get a few just playing lol

steelerfan
07-20-2015, 01:28 PM

I got the backwards goal scoring one with exhibition with just me on the field :D
Yeah, the 20 saves is tough. Alot of what "could be" saves are credited as Ball Clearances seemingly even when they are headed on goal. I think I only have 4 or 5 myself.

Another one I don't have is the one that you have to bump an opponent into the ball and score. I can't believe I don't have it yet.

99% sure that's all that I don't have.

JBHuskers
07-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Yeah, the 20 saves is tough. Alot of what "could be" saves are credited as Ball Clearances seemingly even when they are headed on goal. I think I only have 4 or 5 myself.

Another one I don't have is the one that you have to bump an opponent into the ball and score. I can't believe I don't have it yet.

99% sure that's all that I don't have.

Yep, I'd be a LOT closer of the cleared balls were saves like they almost should have been.

I don't have the bump one either. I figured I can set that up in exhibition with two controllers if I don't have it after playing through the other trophies.

The driving on the wall one took a lot less time than I thought it would.

bdoughty
07-20-2015, 04:07 PM
If you are looking for saves play 1v1 on Rookie. You will get plenty of shots to block. Just stay back in goal on each kickoff.

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2015, 04:55 PM
I'm only 6 trophies away from plat. I need the drive a long ass time one, collect all items, unlock all battle cars, play with both classic battle cars, 20 saves, and play online with a friend.

JBHuskers
07-20-2015, 05:03 PM
I'm only 6 trophies away from plat. I need the drive a long ass time one, collect all items, unlock all battle cars, play with both classic battle cars, 20 saves, and play online with a friend.

I need a friend to play with too :fdown: :D

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Sounds like quite a few of us have it. We need to put a 3v3 together one night.

JBHuskers
07-20-2015, 08:16 PM
500 km is 300+ miles. I think I'm only at 9 :smh: may have to let the game run in free mode and have something hold down the gas button :D

JBHuskers
07-20-2015, 11:26 PM
Yep 1v1 got me the saves trophy. I'm seriously gonna put a brick on the gas pedal and drive around the side wall for the long driving one...

bdoughty
07-20-2015, 11:28 PM
:D And I am the one with the severe OCD.

CLW
07-21-2015, 11:22 AM
This game is so......... good.

steelerfan
07-21-2015, 11:46 AM
This game is so......... good.

It's fun, yes, but there is no long-term replayability. It gets old fast once you win the league. For free (49.99 for PS+) it's great and is a nice time-killer but I won't be playing at all in a month. At least that's my guess.

skipwondah33
07-21-2015, 11:57 AM
It's fun, yes, but there is no long-term replayability. It gets old fast once you win the league. For free (49.99 for PS+) it's great and is a nice time-killer but I won't be playing at all in a month. At least that's my guess.Haha you know I started to play it while I waited for the update for TGC to finish but said "nah" and just played something else.

Definitely a game have to be in the mood for.

CLW
07-21-2015, 01:03 PM
It's fun, yes, but there is no long-term replayability. It gets old fast once you win the league. For free (49.99 for PS+) it's great and is a nice time-killer but I won't be playing at all in a month. At least that's my guess.

I dunno man if you could find a group of guys to play with online is also fun. hell i'm even having fun with randoms online (which never happens in a video game)

JBHuskers
07-24-2015, 03:56 PM
SB Nation: 'Rocket League' might be the best sports video game ever made

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/22/9008775/rocket-league-video-game-ps4-playstation-pc-steam

cdj
07-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Played for the first time last night with JB & skip - that was a blast.

CLW - How can you play this game with no issues when FPS's get you sick? :sick:

steelerfan
07-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Who wrote that? A 10 year old?

Also THE BALL FRIGGIN' EXPLODEZZZZZ!!1!!!!1111!!

SmoothPancakes
07-24-2015, 04:58 PM
I'll probably be on this for a portion of this evening, so if anyone wants to put a team together, I'm game. All I have right now is the earpiece (with mic?) that came with the PS4. I haven't gotten around to buying a proper headset with mic since I do so little multiplayer gaming. But at the very least, I'd be able to hear you guys and coordinate moves that way.

bdoughty
07-24-2015, 05:30 PM
I'll probably be on this for a portion of this evening, so if anyone wants to put a team together, I'm game. All I have right now is the earpiece (with mic?) that came with the PS4. I haven't gotten around to buying a proper headset with mic since I do so little multiplayer gaming. But at the very least, I'd be able to hear you guys and coordinate moves that way.

It is also a mic. The little mic switch is the mic.

SmoothPancakes
07-24-2015, 05:40 PM
It is also a mic. The little mic switch is the mic.
Nice. I thought that was a mic, but wasn't sure. Never really use the thing.

And damn 4 on 4 is a battle. Been playing 4 on 4 Pro AI exhibitions. Won 1-0 in overtime, won 3-2, won 2-1 and just lost 3-2 in overtime. 4 on 4 is a hell of a battle. But it's been letting me work on my game and I've gotten better defensively. Had two saves the most recent game in the middle of traffic.

skipwondah33
07-24-2015, 07:33 PM
What happen to posts made earlier? I posted in here twice today earlier.

Definitely had a blast playing lastnight. We had some good chemistry going lol. As I said earlier us 3 will take on any 3 on here haha.

CLW
07-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Played for the first time last night with JB & skip - that was a blast.

CLW - How can you play this game with no issues when FPS's get you sick? :sick:

It's something about the FPS perspective. I have ZERO issues playing rocket league.

skipwondah33
07-25-2015, 10:42 AM
I actually don't like the Ball cam. I play without it as for me it keeps me from getting dizzy. Surprisingly though it wasn't as bad as I thought. If the FPS moved any quicker though I probably would.

CLW
07-25-2015, 12:52 PM
Dave and I joined up for a quick online match and dismantled our random online opponents 6-0.

Now I just have to grind out the mileage trophy for the :plat:

The last update I got a few days back said I was half way there.

JeffHCross
07-25-2015, 03:39 PM
I love the bot names in the videos I've watched. Top Gun is the best.

Escobar
07-26-2015, 04:10 PM
I love the bot names in the videos I've watched. Top Gun is the best.

One of the bot names was the name of this female that I just stopped talking to, and she has a very unique name :smh:

Escobar
07-26-2015, 04:11 PM
After playing both tutorials, I hopped straight online and played some 3v3 matches. Got my first hat trick, scored goals 2 and 3 in the last 45s of the game to force overtime. Then my team loses in overtime giving up a half field shot :(

steelerfan
07-26-2015, 07:17 PM
One of the bot names was the name of this female that I just stopped talking to, and she has a very unique name :smh:
Foamer?

skipwondah33
07-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Haha that's awesome

JBHuskers
07-27-2015, 01:41 AM
Foamer?
:D :D

I was gonna guess Tex.

JBHuskers
07-27-2015, 01:42 AM
I put a rubber band on the gas pedal before I went to bed. In true trophy whoring fashion :nod:

CLW
07-27-2015, 07:59 AM
I put a rubber band on the gas pedal before I went to bed. In true trophy whoring fashion :nod:

Lol

JBHuskers
07-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Lol

Damn controller died before getting too far, so before I left work, I plugged it in and started another exhibition with no bots :D

CLW
07-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Damn controller died before getting too far, so before I left work, I plugged it in and started another exhibition with no bots :D

actually doing this right now do you know if miles/distance logged in overtime count toward the total or do I have to come back every 5 minutes?

JBHuskers
07-27-2015, 04:58 PM
actually doing this right now do you know if miles/distance logged in overtime count toward the total or do I have to come back every 5 minutes?

According to the gist of the PSTrophies post, OT counts. I'll find out in about 20 minutes ;)

CLW
07-27-2015, 05:02 PM
According to the gist of the PSTrophies post, OT counts. I'll find out in about 20 minutes ;)

yeah that seems to be what everyone is saying

JBHuskers
07-27-2015, 05:09 PM
yeah that seems to be what everyone is saying
Went home over lunch to check it, and somehow I scored a goal in OT with the R2 rubber banded down :D had to adjust it so reach the left stick and drive on a circle :D

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm gonna try to hardcore the plat on this one, and get that trophy legit. Gonna take forever, but what the hell.

steelerfan
07-27-2015, 05:36 PM
Instead of this stupid method of "earning" pretend awards, don't you think you'd earn this drive distance trophy just by playing enough to unlock everything in the garage?

I'm not sure you would, but I wouldn't bother at least until I had everything else (me personally, I wouldn't bother anyway because PS trophies are almost as lame and fictitious as crowns in heaven).

bdoughty
07-27-2015, 05:45 PM
Agreed! Earn those points, that have no bearing on anything.

JBHuskers
07-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Instead of this stupid method of "earning" pretend awards, don't you think you'd earn this drive distance trophy just by playing enough to unlock everything in the garage?

I'm not sure you would, but I wouldn't bother at least until I had everything else (me personally, I wouldn't bother anyway because PS trophies are almost as lame and fictitious as crowns in heaven).
I've played the shit out of the game already and only had 10 miles logged. It takes over 300 miles to get that trophy, though I've heard the trophy is glitched and you can get it anywhere from 65 to 180 km, or 40 to 110 miles.

skipwondah33
07-27-2015, 07:41 PM
Team CSJ is going to need you to do more sharpening of your skills instead of trophy hunting...if we are going to complete phase 1 of TGT Rocket League domination

JBHuskers
07-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Team CSJ is going to need you to do more sharpening of your skills instead of trophy hunting...if we are going to complete phase 1 of TGT Rocket League domination
We do need a 3v3 league going!

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Count me in!

JBHuskers
07-27-2015, 10:56 PM
Count me in!
Get two pawdners as Mus Drunkberger would say.

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Alright you sumbitches, who wants to team up to take down the screws?

jaymo76
07-27-2015, 11:30 PM
Tried this out last night. Have to admit that it's pretty damn fun! Bizaree concept but highly addictive.

SmoothPancakes
07-28-2015, 06:16 AM
I'll count that as Jaymo saying he's game. :D

bdoughty
07-28-2015, 08:36 AM
Tried this out last night. Have to admit that it's pretty damn fun! Bizaree concept but highly addictive.

Just imagine if they had combines, tractor trailers and hay bails, instead of a soccer ball.

http://i.imgur.com/UnqlyMm.gif

CLW
07-28-2015, 04:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j203LBMXiI

cdj
07-29-2015, 10:11 PM

cdj
07-30-2015, 10:14 PM
Thank you! Thank you very much!

We’re extremely excited about the success of Rocket League since its launch in PlayStation Plus on July 7th — we couldn’t have done it without you! For those of you who haven’t played Rocket League, it’s still available for free on PlayStation Plus until August 4th so join in on the fun!

We thought we’d bring you a complete rundown of what to expect in our upcoming “Supersonic Fury” DLC Pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3YdFnQKf_Y

As we mentioned in our launch post earlier this month, the Supersonic Fury DLC Pack includes two brand new Battle-Cars: the over-the-top American muscle car Dominus, and the souped-up Japanese street racer Takumi. Both of these vehicles offer six different Decals for Garage customization (12 total) and are only available for play in the DLC.

Besides the new Battle-Cars, the DLC Pack also includes two all-new Rocket Boosts (“Nitrous” and “Burnout”), two new Wheel sets (the soccer ball-themed “Cristiano” and the very-cool “Spinner” set), five all-new Paint Types (“Brushed Metal,” “Carbon Fiber,” “Metallic Pearl,” “Pearlescent,” and “Wood”), and a handful of new Trophies. This entire collection will be available in early August for $3.99.

In addition to the Supersonic Fury DLC, we will also release a free game update that offers an assortment of new content, including our first new map, Utopia Coliseum, and more than 70 new country flags. The long-awaited “Spectator Mode” will be in there too, allowing viewers to watch live games in real-time from any angle in the arena. Spectator controls are very similar to that of our existing “Replay Viewer’s,” so start practicing now and get ready for the drop!

Further enhancements, like updated Goal explosions and Demolitions, are planned for the free update as well, along with the brand new song, “Firework,” from the critically-acclaimed electronica group, Hollywood Principle.

It is our sincere hope that this mix of paid DLC and free add-on content is what Rocket League fans have been waiting for, and it’s just the beginning of what is plenty more to come. Thanks once again for your continued support and we’ll see you again very, very soon.

JBHuskers
07-30-2015, 10:30 PM
I will gladly pay for DLC with the good job they did with this game.

bdoughty
07-31-2015, 01:36 AM
Ditto, will buy it all. Hope they do a snow themed map at some point.

CLW
07-31-2015, 01:12 PM
Yeah I have REALLY enjoyed this title (probably my game of the year thus far) I'll gladly pay them $4 for some DLC especially for more trophies as I already have the :plat:

CLW
08-02-2015, 03:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbnNpgGXMk4

bdoughty
08-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Danny O'Dwyer is one of my favorite VG journalists, shame that he is a cat owner.

jaymo76
08-02-2015, 09:22 PM
I would love if there was a commentary team for this game. The gameplay is so much fun it just needs a little more presentation element. Outstanding title though and best yet it's free! (well for ps plus)

steelerfan
08-02-2015, 10:53 PM
I would love if there was a commentary team for this game. The gameplay is so much fun it just needs a little more presentation element. Outstanding title though and best yet it's free! (well for ps plus)

No, please, no commentary. Then we'd have to endure the endless "the commentary is repetitive" posts. :D

skipwondah33
08-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Haha I know.

This game is simple as it is. Start adding stuff then people will expect more from it then grow to dislike it or want patches often.

Next thing you know they won't be able to do anything right....but long as it's free that's a good start

bdoughty
08-03-2015, 01:37 AM

Farming simulators and commentary for RC Cars playing soccer?

Are you Rob Ford?

http://i.imgur.com/SCneCYJ.jpg

JeffHCross
08-03-2015, 09:00 AM
That was a very well done video from GameSpot.

bdoughty
08-08-2015, 02:53 AM
We really need to have a private Rocket league tourney here. Played with Jaymo and Skip and had a blast. Unfortunately we ran into a couple teams that spared no expense on us.

SmoothPancakes
08-08-2015, 04:07 AM
I'm always game for whenever. Just say the time and I'll be on. A TGT tourney would be awesome.

skipwondah33
08-08-2015, 10:31 AM
We really need to have a private Rocket league tourney here. Played with Jaymo and Skip and had a blast. Unfortunately we ran into a couple teams that spared no expense on us.

The sitting back playing goalie was rather annoying. He literally didn't move every time we played that team

Until I started trying to Demolish him every trip down. So then I just started to bump him constantly.

Had a blast though. Will need to get on headset next time

jaymo76
08-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Yup that goalie kicked our butt. We should try for a 4 on 4 match. Get the headphones and get the booze... it's go time!

steelerfan
08-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Yup that goalie kicked our butt. We should try for a 4 on 4 match. Get the headphones and get the booze... it's go time!
I'm down. I'd play sometime.

jaymo76
08-08-2015, 02:27 PM
I'm down. I'd play sometime.

Hey buddy. I sent you a party request last night but I don't think you were online. We were on around 10pm pacific last night. It was a blast. Look forward to more people getting on board.

SmoothPancakes
08-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Same with Steeler, if I'm online, just shoot me an invite, I'm game. Whatever else I'd be playing isn't that important as whooping ass in Rocket League. :D

skipwondah33
08-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Fixed up a sweet new ride with a two different paint jobs. Definitely down for some 3v3 or 2v2 action just let me know

JBHuskers
08-08-2015, 09:01 PM
I'm pretty sure of this, but the different cars are just for looks as it is a completely level playing field right?

jaymo76
08-08-2015, 09:12 PM
I'm pretty sure of this, but the different cars are just for looks as it is a completely level playing field right?

Yup. There are no equipment boosts.

skipwondah33
08-08-2015, 11:09 PM

I thought the bigger cars...the mini van like one moved slower. Know it felt like it did or maybe that was the Backfire one. Know I played one match with one and had to go back to a different car

cdj
08-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Patch notes for update 1.04. (http://rocketleague.psyonix.com/patch-notes/)

bdoughty
08-12-2015, 06:54 AM
New map is fairly nice, a bit too bright on the orange side but nice use of shade on the blue. Like the use of the controller speaker for a bunch of little things.

JBHuskers
08-12-2015, 10:12 AM
I'd love to see maps where there are walls in the middle of the field. A labyrinth type map would be fun as hell I think.

JBHuskers
08-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Just had an epic 6 minute sudden death OT win online 4v4 that was crazy.

bdoughty
08-12-2015, 06:42 PM
DLC is out tomorrow for $3.99

JBHuskers
08-13-2015, 06:57 PM
Why would a team tank online? Just beat a team 14-0 and they were clearly not trying.

steelerfan
08-13-2015, 07:02 PM
Why would a team tank online? Just beat a team 14-0 and they were clearly not trying.
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?8375-The-How-Many-Times-Can-Ram-Be-Wrong-Thread

JBHuskers
08-13-2015, 07:07 PM
So if someone disconnects in ranked, do you have to go handicapped? I just went 1 on 2. And at one point it was 4-4 :D but lost 7-4.

jaymo76
08-13-2015, 07:54 PM
DLC is out tomorrow for $3.99

Until there is a "I have free healthcare" flag this is a no buy! :P Go team socialism! :D

bdoughty
08-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Until there is a "I have free healthcare" flag this is a no buy! :P Go team socialism! :D

The Canadian Flag is already in the game. You sir, must purchase this DLC as it will entertain you while waiting months to see a health care provider.

steelerfan
08-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Bought the DLC today. Nothing really special or necessary, just felt like supporting the game.

jaymo76
08-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Any plans for a big group (4-8 people) of rocket league and a rocket league party? This isn't a great couple of days stretch for me but Tuesday/Wednesday evening of next week would be great if people are interested?

skipwondah33
08-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Team CSJ is ready whenever...(right CSJ and JB? :D)

steelerfan
08-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Any plans for a big group (4-8 people) of rocket league and a rocket league party? This isn't a great couple of days stretch for me but Tuesday/Wednesday evening of next week would be great if people are interested?
I might be out of town on business those days, I'm not sure yet. If I'm home, I'll play.

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2015, 11:11 PM
Just give me a day or so advance notice if/when we decide to try and do this and I'll be there, as long as it's not on a night I have to work.

bdoughty
08-14-2015, 02:53 AM
Team Foamer

Me and anyone, it does not matter since we would dominate. :P

JBHuskers
08-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Bought the DLC today. Nothing really special or necessary, just felt like supporting the game.

Ditto.

JBHuskers
08-14-2015, 12:42 PM
Team CSJ is ready whenever...(right CSJ and JB? :D)

I'm always ready!

skipwondah33
08-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Well let's go then. We can find a looper if CDJ isn't free lol

I have a custom spider man theme for my blue truck and a Steelers paint job on my orange team truck

bdoughty
08-17-2015, 06:25 AM
We need a Rocket League night. Played for three or so hours with Steeler, Jaymo and PSU and it was a blast. I never really got into 4v4 offline but we played it for a couple hours and it was great. We had more teams stay together and less AI subs. It's crazy with four but we pretty much dominated all night.

steelerfan
08-17-2015, 06:33 AM
We need a Rocket League night. Played for three or so hours with Steeler, Jaymo and PSU and it was a blast. I never really got into 4v4 offline but we played it for a couple hours and it was great. We had more teams stay together and less AI subs. It's crazy with four but we pretty much dominated all night.
Yes, that was fun and I'm game to play again any time.

ryby6969
08-17-2015, 07:31 AM
I guess I need to download this game and give it a try today/tonight.

JBHuskers
08-17-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm down to play if you start before midnight

skipwondah33
08-17-2015, 10:51 AM
I'm there just let me know

jaymo76
08-17-2015, 11:27 AM
Yes, that was fun and I'm game to play again any time.

As a team we may lead the world is amazing looking own goals AND balls that sit on the goalline! :D

psusnoop
08-18-2015, 09:37 AM
That was a lot of fun!! My best goal was one of the so called "own goals" but hey it was still a gooooooooaaaaaaalllll!!!

bdoughty
08-29-2015, 07:57 AM
Holy Crap, what a night. TGT dominated Rocket League. After sending out a bunch of invites and party requests, we took to the pitch and whipped some ass.

We = Me and the only person courteous enough to reply back was Steelerfan. You guys really suck.

steelerfan
08-29-2015, 09:06 AM
I looked for you 51 minutes after my reply but you were (understandably) gone. Feel free to send an invite anytime for Rocket League. Even if I'm not on PSN, send me an invite because I'll get it on the PSN App and if I'm available I'll gladly hop online.

jaymo76
08-30-2015, 08:45 PM
Holy Crap, what a night. TGT dominated Rocket League. After sending out a bunch of invites and party requests, we took to the pitch and whipped some ass.

We = Me and the only person courteous enough to reply back was Steelerfan. You guys really suck.

Power outage or I would have been there. Maybe Monday or Tuesday this week?

bdoughty
08-31-2015, 07:37 AM
Will just play it by ear. If enough people are on I might try setting one up again. We need at least 3 but preferably 4.

bdoughty
09-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Honest Trailers nails it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSpnqB-z-xs

CLW
09-09-2015, 01:08 AM
Not sure what time you guys have been playing this but I'd like to jump back in. Little man is sleeping a bit better at night now (knock on wood)

bdoughty
09-10-2015, 04:39 PM
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/09/10/rocket-league-update-1-05-now-adds-ranked-season-1-much/#/slide/1

Released today on PlayStation 4 and PC, Rocket League update 1.05 marks the start of Ranked Season 1, allows PC players to filter out PS4 players in matchmaking, improves Utopia Coliseum, and more.

Developer Psyonix adds, “As our v1.05 rolls out over the next two hours you MAY run into issues connecting or playing the game. Apologies.”

Here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s update:

The Headlines

Ranked Season 1 Officially begins
Added multiple Ranked Season Divisions with post-Season Division placement rewards
Added “Ranked Solo Standard” back to the Online match queue
Made multiple improvements and adjustments to the Utopia Coliseum arena
PC players can now filter PlayStation 4 players out of matchmaking search
Added Music Player interface to all menu screens
Added “Featured Video” to in-game blog roll
Added multiple “Spectate” mode improvements
Added 12 new Community Flags, 2 new Chivalry Flags, and 20+ new Country Flags
Repaired sound-related crash scenario that caused the game to crash on the loading screen after multiple matches

New Content

Antennas

Added “Community Flags”: Angry Army, Anne Munition, The Attack, EMD1, ESL, itmeJP, MLG, Razer, Saudi Gamer, Serious Gaming
Added “Video Games”: Chivalry – Agatha Knights, Chivalry – Mason Order
Added “Country Flags”: Bahrain, Belize, Bhutan, Botswana, Comoros, East Timor, Fiji, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Kosovo, Lesotho, Macau, Mauritius, Puntland, Réunion, Solomon Islands, Somaliland, Suriname, Swaziland, Western Sahara

New Features

Online Play

Added “Find New Match” option to Ranked endgame screen
PC Players can now filter PlayStation 4 players out of matchmaking search

Ranked Season

Season 1 has officially begun and all leaderboards have been reset
The “Solo Standard” 3v3 Ranked Playlist has been re-added
Season Rankings are now based on Rank Points (RP): Rank Points are gained or lost based on Player skill rating, teammates’ skill, and the opponent’s skill (like the Pre-Season rating); Rank Points change consistently throughout the Season unlike the Pre-Season skill rating, which changed less and less the more games that were played; Earning 100 RP will promote Players to the next Division, but dropping below 0 RP will demote them to the previous Division; The Player’s initial division is seeded based on their Pre-Season skill rating
Ranked Divisions are now separated into: Unranked, Bronze I, Bronze II, Bronze III, Silver I, Silver II, Silver III, Gold I, Gold II, Gold III, Platinum (Top 100 Players)
Reaching Silver, Gold, or Platinum division rewards players with special reward items at the Season’s end
Note: Season 1 will last for the next several months. An end date will be announced several weeks in advance

bdoughty
09-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Rocket League - Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC ----- $3.99 Coming in October

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=mpZ8HFZrBsE

Revenge of the Battle-Cars has all sorts of cool stuff inspired by our first official trip to the pitch! When it arrives, our “new-but-old-school” DLC will feature a number of awesome customization items that longtime SARPBC fans should immediately recognize. Including…

2 Classic SARPBC Battle-Cars, Scarab and Zippy
12 New Decals (six for each new car)
3 New Paint Types (Toon Glossy, Toon Matte, Toon Wood)
2 New Wheels (Scarab and Zippy)
2 New Rocket Boosts (Accelerato and Battle-Stars)
4 New Toppers (Cavalier, Locomotive, Pixelated Shades, Shark Fin)
2 New Antennas (Retro Balls from SARPBC)
5 New Trophies

Rocket League -- Revenge of the Battle-CarsRocket League -- Revenge of the Battle-Cars

Besides our paid Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC, we’re also continuing our tradition of giving everyone extra free stuff to go along with it. This time around, it’s the debut of two new variations of our existing arenas, Urban Station (Night) and Utopia Coliseum (Dusk).

These variants are the last “regulation-style” maps you’ll see for while, by the way, as our next few arenas after that will focus on more “unusual” layouts and settings (more on those later this year).

Additional free goodies, like new music, Community and Country flags, and our customary updates and optimizations and updates will ship alongside the DLC.

JBHuskers
10-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Some cool stuff coming for Rocket League

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/28/mix-match-and-mutate-in-rocket-league-this-november/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpa3mg12kTM

bdoughty
10-28-2015, 06:17 PM
And free! The hockey one looks fun.

bdoughty
11-09-2015, 06:19 PM
It's here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3s5x3k/rocket_league_patch_notes_v108/

THE HEADLINES

"Mutator Mashup" has been added to Unranked Playlist menu
Custom Mutator settings are available in Exhibition and Private Match
XP Titles can now be disabled and Special Titles (ie: PAX Champion) can be swapped out
Improved turn radius on Venom, Paladin, Merc, Scarab, and Backfire
Spectator input is now required when skipping replays in Private Match
Weather Effects can now be toggled on/off
Added 13 new Video Game Antennas including: Fallout, Oddworld, Driveclub(PS4), and Unreal Tournament
Added 7 new Community Flags

Complete list below...

NEW CONTENT

Antennas

Dave’s Bread
Game Awards - Statue
Reddit Snoo

Added "Community Flags"
Day[9]TV
Game Awards - Logo
PC Gamer
PS Nation
Reddit
RL Garage
Something Awful

Added "Video Games"
(PS4) Driveclub
Fallout - Vault Boy
Oddworld - Abe
Oddworld - Mullock
Oddworld - Necrum
Oddworld - RuptureFarms
Unreal Frag Center
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament (Classic)
Unreal Tournament - Blue
Unreal Tournament - Flak Shell
Unreal Tournament - Red
Unreal Tournament 2004

NEW FEATURES

Mutators

Mutators have officially arrived; featuring a suite of alternative presets and settings that add depth, variety, and crazy rocket-powered fun to custom games.

"Mutator Mashup" has been added to the Online playlist menu. This playlist allows users to face off in a 3v3 online playlist that cycles randomly through the following mutator presets:
Beach Ball - A huge, slow, lightweight ball with a lot of bounce
Cubic - Cube shaped ball and recharging boost
Moonball - Low gravity action with a whole lot of boost
Pinball - The ball is small, light, fast and bouncy… and a lot to handle
Time Warp - Slow down the action as you get close to the ball

"Mutator Settings" menu has been added to the Create Match screen in Exhibition and Private Match. This menu allows users to users to alter their Exhibition/Private Match with the following presets and options:

Presets
Beach Ball - A huge, slow, lightweight ball with a lot of bounce
Cubic - Cube shaped ball and recharging boost
Demolition - Demolish opponents on contact in a high gravity matchup
Moonball - Low gravity action with a whole lot of boost
Pinball - The ball is small, light, fast and bouncy… and a lot to handle
Time Warp - Slow down the action as you get close to the ball

Custom Options
Match Length - 5, 10, 20 Minutes, and Unlimited
Max Score - Unlimited, 1 Goal, 3 Goals, 5 Goals
Game Speed - Default, Slo-Mo, Time Warp
Ball Max Speed - Default, Slow, Fast, Super Fast
Ball Type - Default, Cube
Ball Weight - Default, Light, Heavy, Super Light
Ball Size- Default, Small, Large, Gigantic
Ball Bounciness- Default, Low, High, Super High
Boost Amount - Default, Unlimited, Recharge (Slow), Recharge (Fast), No Boost
Boost Strength - 1x, 1.5x, 2x, 10x
Gravity - Default, Low, High, Super High
Demolish - Default, Disabled, Friendly Fire, On Contact, On Contact (FF)
Respawn Time - 3 Seconds, 2 Seconds, 1 Second

CHANGES AND UPDATES

Gameplay

The turn radius on Venom, Paladin, Merc, Scarab, and Backfire has been improved

"Mutator Mashup" now appears in the Unranked Playlists
"Mutator Settings" menu now appears in Exhibition and Private Match

UI/ UX

User can now disable XP Titles or swap them with Special Titles in the "Titles" tab to Garage menu
Users can now toggle Weather Effects on/off from the "Video" tab in the Options menu
Control menu now uses digits: 1, 2, 3, 4 instead of the words: one, two, three, four for keybindings
Spectators must now select "Skip Replay" in private matches in order to skip replays

Misc.

(PC) Users can now see other steam users they recently played with by selecting View -> Players in Steam

BUG FIXES

General

(PS4) Fixed a rare issue which would not allow users to unlock Sweet Tooth
Fixed an issue in which vehicle remnants would remain on the field after destructions
Fixed an issue with boost pads not always being collectible immediately after kickoff reset

Disable crossplay option will now function properly

Ranked

Ranked match winners will correctly get full RP for wins even if an opponent leaves the game
Leaving a 1v1 match will no longer apply the maximum RP penalty, only the normal amount for a loss
Leaving a 2v2 or 3v3 match will now only apply the maximum RP penalty to the first player who quits the match

UI/ UX

(PC) Improved controller detection when plugging in after boot
(PC) Improved Steam Avatar handling in game
Fixed issues with disappearing player nameplates

bdoughty
11-18-2015, 03:44 PM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/18/rocket-league-chaos-run-coming-this-december/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ARZ-Emjfs0

bdoughty
11-25-2015, 09:03 PM
Rocket League: Winter Games Event Begins December 14

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/25/rocket-league-winter-games-event-begins-december-14/

bdoughty
12-14-2015, 06:21 PM
Hockey mode is now available.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rocket-leagues-hockey-mode-winter-event-now-availa/1100-6433105/

JBHuskers
12-15-2015, 10:38 AM
Hockey mode is now available.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rocket-leagues-hockey-mode-winter-event-now-availa/1100-6433105/
Played some last night. Pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bdoughty
12-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Can you play it in exhibition mode or is it online only? I could only play online matches but it was pretty fun.

JBHuskers
12-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Can you play it in exhibition mode or is it online only? I could only play online matches but it was pretty fun.

Dunno, I was just doing online matches to kill the time before Raw and MNF started.

bdoughty
12-17-2015, 06:39 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/12/17/how-rocket-league-became-2015s-surprise-videogame-hit/

“Rocket League” has raked in nearly $50 million in revenue and amassed more than 8 million registered players since its July launch on PCs and Sony.

Good for the development team, they earned every penny. Plus they still have a release on the XB1 coming.

JBHuskers
12-17-2015, 09:15 PM
That's really awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cdj
02-25-2016, 08:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhRkL3YFYac&feature=youtu.be

JBHuskers
02-25-2016, 11:37 AM
YES!

cdj
02-25-2016, 07:20 PM
Nearly 4 million copies of Rocket League have now been purchased across PC and PS4, according to Psyonix's marketing VP, Jeremy Dunham.

Speaking on a recent Kinda Funny Twitch stream, Dunham said the 4 million figure doesn't include PlayStation Plus downloads, adding that the game's continued success means a retail version is now in the works.

Dunham also revealed that Rocket League has brought in over $70 million in revenue since launching last year.

As of December 2015 Rocket League's revenue stood at nearly $50 million, suggesting the game, which recently launched on Xbox One, has scooped up an extra $20 million in just over two months.

Courtesy: Gamasutra (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/266650/Rocket_League_revenue_hits_70_million_sales_nearly _at_4_million.php)

bdoughty
04-20-2016, 06:04 PM
Still my most played game this year. Hoops will just double it. I am the TGT Rocket League master!

* You get one free NBA Logo flag when you download the DLC, which is FREE! April 26th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcT706B4eZI

JBHuskers
04-20-2016, 10:17 PM
Still my most played game this year. Hoops will just double it. I am the TGT Rocket League master!

* You get one free NBA Logo flag when you download the DLC, which is FREE! April 26th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcT706B4eZI

Can't wait to try this.

bdoughty
04-26-2016, 07:22 AM
Hoops is awesome but you better have an aerial game. The court is much shorter which helps since the games is only 2v2 online. Won a few lost a few. They do an actual tip off scenario which is a nice touch. Gotta get all the boosts and save them for the proper timing. Had most of my scores on aerial shots, a couple off the wall and a few on tips offs. It requires a completely different style of play and that is what makes it so much fun. Soccar (yeah they named it) is still the best but I find Hoops much more enjoyable than the hockey mode.

JBHuskers
06-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Not bad for a game that was free originally on PS+

Rocket League surpasses 5M copies sold, 15M players (http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/1/11829612/rocket-league-sales-numbers-players)

cdj
06-15-2016, 10:06 PM
This is pretty funny.

First from IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/e3-2016-how-ea-plans-to-discover-the-next-rocket-league):

EA won't make a dime on EA Originals -- its initiative to publish and market indie titles -- but according to EA's Executive VP Patrick Söderlund, that's not really the point.

"Would I want to be the guy that found Rocket League?" asked Söderlund. "Yes. Would I want that to be an EA property? Of course I would like to. That’s [the idea behind EA Originals]. For us to be able to find these people and help understand what they’re building and help push it to market. For us to find something else."

And then....

Oops.

JBHuskers
06-15-2016, 10:28 PM
Ooops!

bdoughty
06-16-2016, 07:06 AM
We got lucky there. Imagines EA Rocket League RUT card game.

http://i.imgur.com/0vGHhvm.jpg

JBHuskers
06-16-2016, 11:19 AM
I'd play it :D

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bdoughty
06-20-2016, 06:58 AM
Finally retired from the game tonight. I just can't play online games, too old and too grumpy to deal with the quitters and PC gamers that should be banned from using a keyboard and limited to in game quick chat. PC gamers are the worst, the absolute fucking worst.

Anyway I ended my career in a way Pele would love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6y6lkSi6eQ

bdoughty
07-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Well I am back playing this on the Xbox One. Still hate playing with other humans but the game is just too good.

Cross play with XB1 and PS4 ready to go... Just waiting on Sony.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/20/rocket-league-ps4-xbox-one-cross-network-play-now-ready-for-release-only-needs-sonys-approval

Psyonix vice president Jeremy Dunham says work on Rocket League's proposed cross-network play between PS4 and Xbox One is now complete, could be up-and-running within "a few hours", and only requires Sony's approval to be released.

Speaking to IGN, Dunham explained just how close the groundbreaking feature - which would allow play across Xbox Live and PSN for the first time - could potentially be:

"Right now," explained Dunham, "we're literally at the point where all we need is the go-ahead on the Sony side and we can, in less than a business day, turn it on and have it up and working no problem. It'd literally take a few hours to propagate throughout the whole world, so really we're just waiting on the permission to do so."

SmoothPancakes
07-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Once again, Sony holding back progression in the future of gaming.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bdoughty
07-20-2016, 10:48 PM
Someone has his fingers crossed that Sony will actually come through.

http://i.imgur.com/AL5cHg2.png

cdj
08-08-2016, 07:52 AM
New free mode coming this September:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iz-dQifR7Q

In Rumble, cars can pick up 11 power-ups to warp their abilities and the outcome of play. They are:

The Boot (Kick's an opponent's car)
Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
Haymaker (Punches the ball)
Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)

Courtesy: Polygon (http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/8/12401514/rocket-league-rumble-video-launch-date)

bdoughty
08-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Another new mode like Basketball and Hockey that will be played heavily for a couple weeks and then everyone will go back to playing SocCar. This update does nothing for me but they said that was more to come

cdj
12-01-2016, 08:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bvfn25ECok

bdoughty
02-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Hot Wheels coming to Rocket League. (https://rocketleaguegame.com/news/hot-wheels-coming-to-rocket-league/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24voQKkSQbM

cdj
02-22-2018, 11:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL1KbFNqhzE