PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 4, 2017

JeffHCross
02-24-2015, 10:26 AM
Welcome to Week 4!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Florida Gators (1-1) ===============
Last week the Gators were idle.
This week, the Gators will host South Alabama (1-1).

=============== LSU Tigers (2-1) ===============
Last week, LSU won 34-31 against UAB (1-2).
This week, the Tigers will host #17 Penn State (2-0).

=============== South Alabama Jaguars (1-1) ===============
Last week, South Alabama won 59-10 against USC (0-3).
This week, the Jaguars travel to Gainesville to face the Florida Gators (1-1).

=============== #25 Oregon Ducks (1-1) ===============
Last week the Ducks were idle.
This week, the Ducks will host UAB (1-2).

=============== #6 Texas Longhorns (2-0) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (1-1).

=============== UAB Blazers (1-2) ===============
Last week, UAB lost 34-31 against LSU (2-1).
This week, the Blazers travel to Eugene to face the #25 Oregon Ducks (1-1).

=============== #17 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) ===============
Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Baton Rouge to face the LSU Tigers (2-1).

=============== #14 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) ===============
Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans (0-3).

=============== USC Trojans (0-3) ===============
Last week, USC lost 59-10 against South Alabama (1-1).
This week, the Trojans will host #14 Ohio State (2-0).

JBHuskers
02-24-2015, 10:27 AM
Tommy, how about tomorrow at 5:30 central?

JeffHCross
02-24-2015, 10:27 AM
Matt, I work 2nd shift, so I'm available until 10 am or so (central) in the mornings, then get home around 9:30 pm, except Thursday which is 10:00 pm. I'll send you a text with my number.

gschwendt
02-24-2015, 10:30 AM
Tommy, how about tomorrow at 5:30 central?
That should work.

pearice
02-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Jeff our times crisscross.. I work 6am-5pm cnt, so if need by I will go autopilot and you can play the computer. I usually am in bed around 1030cnt.

pearice
02-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Damn phone

pearice
02-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Good game, although I know you were around when stat padding wasn't allowed... You knew how weak my team was

JeffHCross
02-25-2015, 12:01 AM
Good game, although I know you were around when stat padding wasn't allowed... You knew how weak my team wasYeah, I'm sorry about that. It wasn't intentional. I should've started running down the play clock earlier.

skipwondah33
02-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Damn just looked at the score

Pearice, those are some of the growing pains we went through...well I went through my 1st year as far as the talent deficiency compared to other teams. Hell my team is a little better than before and we still couldn'/can't tackle Davis or many other players for that matter for the world.

On another note Snoop and I will be playing tonight. I am foregoing my usual curfew to play because I always look forward to user games lol

gschwendt
02-25-2015, 04:34 PM
JB & I are playing tomorrow evening at 5:30.

Escobar
02-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Marcotte when can you play? I sent you a PSN message. Tonight would be best as far as my availability.

pearice
02-25-2015, 06:18 PM
Yea Jeff and I both stated if my TE ha caught a few more and my defense as a whole could have tackled anyone it would have been more fun. I wasn't complaining and he understood what I meant. No worries on my end.

skipwondah33
02-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Yea Jeff and I both stated if my TE ha caught a few more and my defense as a whole could have tackled anyone it would have been more fun. I wasn't complaining and he understood what I meant. No worries on my end.

Typically how it is and has been with our offenses. Inaccurate throws and dropping crucial passes

Then of course Defense being difficult in this game

marcotte14
02-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Marcotte when can you play? I sent you a PSN message. Tonight would be best as far as my availability.

I caught the flu bug and have been sick all day, tomorrow would be better for me, sorry.

JeffHCross
02-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Yea Jeff and I both stated if my TE ha caught a few more and my defense as a whole could have tackled anyone it would have been more fun. I wasn't complaining and he understood what I meant. No worries on my end.Not sure if it would have made much difference, but what gameplan settings were you using last night? We were all running tackling on Conservative at least Year 1.

skipwondah33
02-26-2015, 08:26 AM
LSU falls 27-24 to #17 Penn State. Lucky to have had the game be that close turning the ball over 4 times.

The game was tight throughout, with a 10-10 tie at the half as both teams put together nice drives and also played some solid D to force FG's or punts. A crucial play in the 2nd before the half turned what could have been a 10-6 score eventually into a 10-10 score. On 3rd and 6, Penn State's Brown dropped back to pass. He would attempt a pass down the middle into what ended up being triple coverage at the 5-yd line. Unfortunately none of the 3 defenders could pick the ball off as they all collided with one another to knock the pass down.....but wait there was a flag. LSU would be called for roughing the passer surprisingly with only rushing 3 players on the play. Penn State capitalized on the penalty ending the drive with 1-yd TD run by Brown with 11 seconds left.

Late in the 3rd with the game tied 17-17 and a punt from the 8-yd line, LSU took over with great field position at the 36-yd line. They would drive to inside of the 25 looking to take the lead, but on 3rd down Josh Brown attempted a pass to the wrong intended WR which naturally ended up being picked off. The target he was actually looking at was wide open in the flat but mistakenly threw to wrong WR. Penn State took over at the 12-yd line going into the 4th.

That turnover proved costly as Penn State drove down field and capitalized with a TD to take a 24-17 lead. LSU looking to answer with 5 minutes to go, would eventually turn the ball over again..this time simply on a well covered pass that the defender made a nice play on. Penn State capitalized turning that interception into 3 points and a 27-17 lead with 2 minutes remaining.

LSU's next drive quickly put them inside of the 20-yd line looking to score again. Against max coverage Brown moved to the left and spotted a WR open against the coverage for what was going to be a TD....except another wrong button throw lead to another pick in the endzone into triple coverage. PSU aimed to run off some time on the clock with it being under 2 minutes remaining. LSU got the ball back one last time and drove inside the 10 but with no timeouts remaining. Eventually they would get into the endzone but with no time left for a possible onside kick attempt.

QB Josh Brown had the worst game of his short career in throwing 4 interceptions, though 2 of them were user error.

The Defense played decent, except giving up too much room on the ground and not being able to tackle of course. Unfortunately they didn't have many opportunities to make plays against the Nittany Lions QB Brown, but 2-3 chances slipped through their hands on some plays.

On Offense it was a so-so performance. The run game struggled early as Penn State's LB's repeatedly shot through games resulting in losses or very minimal gains of little yardage. Performance in the red zone area was poor as in 4 attempts, only 2 netted points.

Luckily the Tigers will have some time to regroup as they are off the next 2 week with byes (ouch)

GG Snoop, look forward to our visit next week and hopefully better play lol.

JeffHCross
02-26-2015, 09:59 AM
Yeah, skip, I think a lot of us got raw deals with the conference schedules this year (nothing G could do about that). I had a user game this week and next week and then I get two straight byes. Three bye weeks before week 8. Naturally I don't have any bye weeks after that.

skipwondah33
02-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Yeah fortunately I have some home games down stretch and coming up for visit purposes.

Last year if I didn't schedule them early in season, then they had to late which was too late for a few

skipwondah33
02-26-2015, 12:08 PM
It was G's attempt to keep the Tigers out of the state of Florida in recruiting haha

Just noticed we play Ole Miss again this season.

Hopefully that glitch where we couldn't start the game with them is not an issue.

Escobar
02-26-2015, 07:27 PM
I caught the flu bug and have been sick all day, tomorrow would be better for me, sorry.

I have to close tonight at work so I can't play until about 10:30 central

JeffHCross
02-27-2015, 11:05 AM
G, what's the weekend look like for you for our Week 5 game? I think the girlfriend wants to watch the Kansas game but otherwise I should be free.

JBHuskers
02-27-2015, 12:49 PM
The voting committee must respect me because now G is in the top 25 after defeating me :D