PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 3 (PS4, XB1, PC)

cdj
02-13-2015, 06:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ND5dYIFkd0

Sweet, sweet fire... watch Rico stir up trouble in the next chapter of the over-the-top, chaotic open-world series that has taken the world by storm. Just Cause 3 launches on PS4 later this year. Ready your grappling hook.

gschwendt
12-19-2015, 12:06 AM
Wow... this thread hasn't been posted in since February. Anyone else pick this up? I've had a blast with it... if you liked JC2, this is more of the same but the wingsuit alone makes it an upgrade. If you didn't play JC2, it's an open world third-person game where your character is hellbent on destroying everything using an unlimited supply of parachutes, a shootable grappling hook, and a wingsuit combined with your typical assortment of weapons and driveables (including tanks, planes, & helicopters). Don't expect any sort of realism to make it's way into the discussion.

I will say that JC3 definitely has much better voice actors this time around. I hated JC2 for the awful voice actors but this one, despite cheesy writing, has a big improvement in that area.

I've already finished the story and cleared all of the settlements (clocked in at 40 hours), now I'm probably going to try to go for the 100%, something I don't do very often.

I managed to get it on PC for $25 from cdkeys but IMO, it's certainly worth $60. I know the console versions had some bad loading issues (they weren't too bad on PC) but they've already released a patch to improve those and they know it has to be a focus.

Here's a screenshot I had to grab... thought it was really good looking.

http://i.imgur.com/z3OwOS4.png

Rudy
12-19-2015, 03:42 AM
This looks like a fun game. I may pick this up down the road but don't have time for it now.

steelerfan
12-19-2015, 03:53 AM
I think we've been too caught up in watching videos of animated Asian boobs to pay attention to this title. ;)

Just my opinion.

bdoughty
12-19-2015, 06:09 AM
I had the PS4 version, never played it since they still had not released a patch by last week, when I turned it into a early Christmas present for a friend. The grappling and blowing stuff up looks great but everyone says the gunplay and driving is still pretty shit.

I think we've been too caught up in watching videos of animated Asian boobs to pay attention to this title. ;)

Just my opinion.

That reminds me of the big news I forgot to post about the game. :))

jaymo76
12-19-2015, 01:13 PM
I thought the PS4 and Xbox1 versions had major game glitches and massive load times? Is this no longer the case?

gschwendt
12-19-2015, 01:38 PM
I thought the PS4 and Xbox1 versions had major game glitches and massive load times? Is this no longer the case?
I haven't played on console, but what I've read from others, the glitch rumors are overstated. The load times may still be there but the first patch was supposedly to improve that specifically. I'd probably wait and read a re-review in a week or so.

bdoughty
12-19-2015, 06:31 PM
http://gearnuke.com/just-cause-3-patch-1-02-greatly-improves-load-times-ps4-comparison-patch-1-01/#

Someone who tested the load time with the latest patch on PS4. Much improved. Framerate issues on the other hand are still a big issue from what I have seen.

gschwendt
12-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Not mine but...

When your boss asks you to stay late:
http://i.imgur.com/1LkKPSM.gif

Rudy
12-23-2015, 10:44 PM
That was cool.

jaymo76
12-24-2015, 12:37 AM
That was cool.

Game looks cool that's for sure!

JBHuskers
12-29-2015, 10:43 AM
:D

jaymo76
12-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Have some extra $$$ from Christmas and I am trying to decide whether to get AC Syndicate or Just Cause 3. Big fan of the AC series though I have never played Just Cause. AC looks the same as usual (solid title/nothing groundbreaking) while Just Cause has a bad rep due to console issues but looks a lot of fun. Any opinions?

gschwendt
12-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Have some extra $$$ from Christmas and I am trying to decide whether to get AC Syndicate or Just Cause 3. Big fan of the AC series though I have never played Just Cause. AC looks the same as usual (solid title/nothing groundbreaking) while Just Cause has a bad rep due to console issues but looks a lot of fun. Any opinions?
I've not played AC Syndicate but then again after Black Flag, I gave up on the series because it looks like they went back to the same old same old.

That said, JC3 is similar to JC2 so if you wanted to, you could play JC2 first and decide.

Rudy
12-29-2015, 03:51 PM
My son loves AC Syndicate. The grappling hook is cool. I wish ubisoft didn't outline every single thing. As long as you aren't sick of AC it would be fun.

gschwendt
01-03-2016, 07:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/H7T4iJw.gif

jaymo76
01-03-2016, 08:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/H7T4iJw.gif

:D Defies all physics of our known world AND looks an awful lot of fun!

bdoughty
01-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Penny Arcade nailed it awhile back.

http://i.imgur.com/zd9uHOi.jpg

SmoothPancakes
01-18-2016, 07:18 PM
Damn, I really want to get this game. It's a very close tie between Just Cause 3 or Fallout 4 for my next game purchase. This game just plain looks fun and you can just dick around doing so much.

jaymo76
01-26-2016, 06:48 PM
My wife picked this up for me for my birthday. I have only played a few hours but this might be the most fun I have had playing video games in a long time. Graphics are okay, load times suck, physics are borked beyond belief, dialogue is just plain awful... But the explosions and grappling hook are awesome! So addictive!

I dare you not to tether people together and then make them explode.... Lol.

SmoothPancakes
01-26-2016, 07:08 PM
You psychopath. :D

JBHuskers
02-22-2016, 01:00 PM
:D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93VROFKeqq0

SmoothPancakes
02-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Fuck me, I really, really, really need to put this game at the top of my "games still to buy" list. :D

jaymo76
02-22-2016, 06:49 PM
Fuck me, I really, really, really need to put this game at the top of my "games still to buy" list. :D

You will totally enjoy it. Beyond absurd but fun as heck.

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2016, 06:19 AM
So after spending basically the last 2 1/2 months playing literally nothing but Fallout 4 nearly every day, I hadn't been able to pretty much play games at all in probably the last two weeks due to some shit going on at home. Didn't really feel like like Fallout 4 yesterday after not playing it the last two weeks, so I decided to jump onto this for the first time since buying it in the Xbox Summer Sale a month ago.

Put 9 hours into it throughout the day, already took over an entire province, a bunch of settlements, have unleashed almighty hell in southeastern Medici. This game is infinitely more fun that Just Cause 2 was, and I loved that game. This is gonna be a massive time sink!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jaymo76
08-13-2016, 12:45 PM
So after spending basically the last 2 1/2 months playing literally nothing but Fallout 4 nearly every day, I hadn't been able to pretty much play games at all in probably the last two weeks due to some shit going on at home. Didn't really feel like like Fallout 4 yesterday after not playing it the last two weeks, so I decided to jump onto this for the first time since buying it in the Xbox Summer Sale a month ago.

Put 9 hours into it throughout the day, already took over an entire province, a bunch of settlements, have unleashed almighty hell in southeastern Medici. This game is infinitely more fun that Just Cause 2 was, and I loved that game. This is gonna be a massive time sink!

It stupid but fun. The tether... infinite cow and building combinations... lol! I need to get back into this game but I just don't have the time. In am in proves of playing/finishing:

1. Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC
2. Witcher III Expansion Pack
3. No Man's Sky
4. Just Cause III
5. Assassins Creed Syndicate

In addition, FIFA, 15, FIFA 16, NHL 15, NHL 16, Madden 15 all have career modes up and running. Let's not forget I have tried to get back into NCAA 14. I still haven't finished my MLB season from two years ago.

Plus... EA Access/Gold/Plus games that I still haven't even started yet. We need more hours in the day!

SmoothPancakes
08-17-2016, 04:46 AM
Well, after going balls to the wall the past week, I've reached the final couple missions. Just going around and clearing up collectibles right now.

Already cleared the Sky Fortress DLC. Though that damn ship was a pain in the ass, I'm loving my rocket powered wingsuit! Makes getting around so much easier in the main game!

About to start Mech Land Assault and already accidentally started Bavarium Sea Heist the other day.

Meanwhile, a random scene I stumbled upon while collectible hunting. Anyone else come across the raging techno party in Lacos? Caught me totally by surprise. Never even knew it was there until I was wingsuiting by at night and wondered what that massive ball of light was.

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Almost done dominating this game. Last night I beat the final missions, already had the entirety of Medici liberated, also knocked out the Bavarium Sea Heist DLC. Just have the Mech Land Assault DLC to do and the stunt jumps and I'll be done as far as missions and collectibles. Other than that, all that's left are the gear challenges, which I'm not as heavily concerned with.