PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Bowl Season, 2016

gschwendt
02-07-2015, 10:41 AM
We're in Bowl Week with essentially perfect cross-conference matchups. Deadline is 2/12 or 2/10 at 7am.

:Texas:
#1 Texas Longhorns
Papa_Lonestar

:BCS:

VS

:Penn_State:

#2 Penn State Nittany Lions
psusnoop

:Ohio_State:
#6 Ohio State Buckeyes
JeffHCross

:Sugar_Bowl:

VS

:LSU:

#8 LSU Tigers
skipwondah33

:Florida:
#9 Florida Gators
gschwendt

:Capital_One_Bowl:

VS

:Oregon:

#11 Oregon Ducks
marcotte44

:UAB:
UAB Blazers
Escobar

:Belk_Bowl:

VS

:North_Carolina:

North Carolina Tarheels

Welcome to Bowl Season!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #9 Florida Gators (10-2) ===============
#9 Florida will face #11 Oregon in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== #8 LSU Tigers (10-2) ===============
#8 LSU will face #6 Ohio State in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

=============== South Alabama Jaguars (4-8) ===============

=============== #11 Oregon Ducks (10-2) ===============
#11 Oregon will face #9 Florida in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (12-0) ===============
#1 Texas will face #2 Penn State in the BCS National Championship.

=============== UAB Blazers (7-5) ===============
UAB will face North Carolina in the Belk Bowl.

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (7-5) ===============
Fresno State will face South Carolina in the Gator Bowl.

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (0-12) ===============

=============== #2 Penn State Nittany Lions (11-1) ===============
#2 Penn State will face #1 Texas in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-2) ===============
#6 Ohio State will face #8 LSU in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

skipwondah33
02-07-2015, 10:55 AM
There isn't an SEC championship game anymore?

Thought there was one last year

gschwendt
02-07-2015, 11:10 AM
There isn't an SEC championship game anymore?

Thought there was one last year
No. There might have been one 2 years ago but since we have less than 12 teams, there isn't one.

skipwondah33
02-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Ah that's where I remember it from lol

Knew I wasn't imagining things.

marcotte14
02-07-2015, 12:13 PM
With ecirp joining us after this season, I think we should find a 12th and look into making a championship game in the B1G and SEC.

skipwondah33
02-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Jeff, when you thinking of being able to play?

Know your usually available during week.

I am after 8:30 est during week until 11 est or so

JeffHCross
02-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Two years in a row against Skip? Lol

gschwendt
02-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Two years in a row against Skip? Lol
Same for me against marcotte...

JeffHCross
02-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Same for me against marcotte...And if Papa had won his last CPU game last season he would have likely played Snoop. That's funny how that worked out, especially with two guys charging conferences.

Papa LoneStar
02-08-2015, 05:16 AM
Won the title 52-36 and we both got an error on "finalizing dynasty update"....smh.

EA's conspiracy to force the NCAA lifers off their servers....lol

gschwendt
02-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Won the title 52-36 and we both got an error on "finalizing dynasty update"....smh.

EA's conspiracy to force the NCAA lifers off their servers....lol
I havent checked the game itself but I got the email notice and it shows up on the website so I think it saved. I think the problem was just when it was trying to create the story for the website.

Papa LoneStar
02-08-2015, 10:35 AM
I havent checked the game itself but I got the email notice and it shows up on the website so I think it saved. I think the problem was just when it was trying to create the story for the website.
Ah....ok....good stuff

psusnoop
02-08-2015, 11:08 AM

Ah that is good news! I told papa I don't remember playing that game but he wasn't buying it hahaha

JeffHCross
02-08-2015, 12:58 PM
NC game shows up as saved for both of you.

Sugar Bowl is finished. Ohio State wins 23-10, though the game felt tighter than the score. Ohio State had a momentary scare in the 2nd quarter when QB Torrance Gibson came up lame, but he returned by the next series. GG Skip!

Only the Capital One Bowl and Escobar remain.

JeffHCross
02-08-2015, 01:00 PM
With ecirp joining us after this season, I think we should find a 12th and look into making a championship game in the B1G and SEC.I don't see where that adds anything. Unless we wanted the possibility that we don't all play the other users in the conference, we'd have to put the users in the same division. So the CCG would just add another CPU game at the end of the year.

As it is, with no CCGs, we can just skip the week and get into the offseason faster.

Not sure what skip was thinking of, but we haven't had CCGs in this OD since we started it.

marcotte14
02-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Yeah, good point Jeff. What are we going to do when ecirp does join? He has to be either Nebraska, Michigan, Auburn or UCLA right, so he can get XP?

JeffHCross
02-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Yeah, good point Jeff. What are we going to do when ecirp does join? He has to be either Nebraska, Michigan, Auburn or UCLA right, so he can get XP?No, he should be able to join any team and gain XP. Or, to put it another way, I don't believe his ability to gain XP will depend at all on who he coaches -- he either will have XP or won't.

gschwendt
02-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Florida wins a high scoring Capital One Bowl over Oregon 62-47

In the Gators' opening drive, Thunder Back Isaac Gordon went down and out for the game. That sent Florida coaches scrambling to adjust their offensive gameplay; enter Lightning Back Dwight Butler. Butler amassed 278 yards on the ground on 15 carries to go along with 3 touchdowns. Butler's long runs were a big reason the Gators could match score for score with the high powered offense of the Ducks. Butler was able to pick up big yardage due to the Cover 0 that the Oregon defense relied on most of the day. Add QB Jason Rivero's day, not running the ball but passing completing 12 of 20 for 236 yards with 3 touchdowns and zero interceptions.

In the end though, it was the defense that sealed the win taking away 2 fourth quarter interceptions, one by MLB Jason Mitchell (returned for a pick-six) and another by FS Jermaine Grant coming with around 2:30 left in the ball game.

With the win, Florida finishes at 11-2 on the season with their only two losses being 1 point each, one to the eventual National Champion Texas Longhorns. Florida is ready to move on to next season where the team will only lose three total players from their starting 22.

GG Marcotte.

skipwondah33
02-09-2015, 10:43 AM
LSU Gets Handled in Sugar Bowl 23-10

The game wasn't all that close except in the 1st half maybe, but it was a game in which LSU struggle immensely especially on Offense and throwing the ball.

Jeff Mosley just couldn't seem to find his accuracy quite often missing by 20 and 30 yards on passes. Much like every other user game and quite a few CPU games this season (and his entire career). Since the run game was limited the passing game definitely needed to be better, of course the crucial time being on 3rd down when said inaccurate throws were made even worse.

Donovan Gray was limited to under 100 yards for only the 3rd time this season.

On the Defensive side of the ball, tackling and coverage break downs plagued the Tigers. Numerous times the Buckeyes runners' broke through tackle attempts over and over and over. This especially devastating in 3rd down situations where the runner was stopped short but stumble, rumble, rolled for the first. The Tigers simply didn't have an answer and were on the field longer since the offense wasn't a factor. At one point the Tigers were outgained 224 to 74 in yardage early in the 3rd quarter. Which TOP was just as lopsided likely.

With the loss the Tigers move to 0-3 in bowl games. Alot of productivity will be lost to graduation on offense.

QB Jeff Mosley leaves behind as the most prolific passer in LSU history, setting records for Touchdowns and Yards. All 96 accuracy (inaccuracy) of him

RB Donovan Gray will also be leaving, who finished the season just 14 yards shy for the most rushing yards in the nation with 2,200 yards. He did win the Doak Walker award and finished 2nd in the Heisman vote

WR John Diggs who was our best rated WR (81 OVR)

RE Lamarcus Cole leaves the school as winner of the Best DL award and 16 sacks on the season.

Next year's team will feature a new QB in RS Freshman John Brown. Who is a different QB than Mosley, as he has the ability to run. Accuracy expectations for him will be lower than Mosley's since his rating won't be as high so maybe he will do better throwing the ball. The Tigers can only hope so

GG and season Jeff

gschwendt
02-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Escobar is playing tonight... I'll be advancing after.

skipwondah33
02-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Slacker lol

Hopefully my team breaks an 80 rating in a category next season

Doubtful though because losing our best OVR player