PDA

View Full Version : PH DPD: Week 10, 2016

JeffHCross
01-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Welcome to Week 10!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #7 Florida Gators (5-1) ===============
Last week, Florida lost 20-19 against Texas (8-0).
This week, the Gators travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) ROLB Clint Johnson has committed to Florida

=============== #16 LSU Tigers (5-1) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers travel to Austin to face the #1 Texas Longhorns (8-0).
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Ryan McCray has committed to Ohio State

=============== South Alabama Jaguars (4-2) ===============
Last week, South Alabama won 62-59 against UL Lafayette (1-7).
This week, the Jaguars will host Troy (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following South Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Jonathan Chase has committed to South Alabama

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (6-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 62-45 against California (4-3).
This week, the Ducks travel to College Park to face the #22 Maryland Terrapins (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Damian Dunn has committed to Oregon
- (****) LOLB Charlie Bennett has committed to Purdue
- (***) C John Franklin has committed to California

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (8-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 20-19 against Florida (5-1).
This week, the Longhorns will host #16 LSU (5-1).

=============== UAB Blazers (5-2) ===============
Last week, UAB won 27-21 against UL Monroe (4-4).
This week, the Blazers travel to Las Cruces to face the New Mexico State Aggies (1-5).
In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Travis Buckley has committed to UAB
- (***) WR John Garner has committed to UAB
- (***) HB Tariq Burnette has committed to UAB

=============== Fresno State Bulldogs (4-2) ===============
Last week, Fresno State won 23-20 against Michigan State (2-5).
This week, the Bulldogs will host Minnesota (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Fresno State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Wes Edwards has committed to Fresno State
- (***) DT Mario Woods has committed to Fresno State
- (***) FS Tim Baker has committed to Notre Dame

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (0-6) ===============
Last week, Arkansas lost 28-9 against South Carolina (4-3).
This week, the Razorbacks travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (3-4).
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) MLB Tyrone Leonard has committed to Kansas

=============== #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 42-13 against Maryland (4-2).
This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LG Paul Simmons has committed to Penn State
- (****) LE Dave Bernard has committed to Penn State
- (****) WR Jake Koch has committed to Penn State

=============== #8 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 27-24 against Minnesota (2-4).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Berkeley to face the #19 California Golden Bears (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Ryan McCray has committed to Ohio State
- (****) LG Brad McKenzie has committed to Ohio State
- (****) LOLB Ryne McFarland has committed to Ohio State
- (***) LOLB Jim Williams has committed to Ohio State
- (***) LOLB Isaac Tyler has committed to Ohio State
- (****) RE Jonathan Carrington has committed to Ohio State

JeffHCross
01-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Poor (read: stupid) time management at the end of the first half and an untimely turnover late turned what was an Ohio State blowout into a close game at the end, as Ohio State leaves Berkley with a 42-30 victory. The game was 35-30 late, and Cal had the football, but the Buckeye defense was able to come up with a sack on 4th down.

The Buckeye offense was a running machine today, running 58 times for 437 yards. Kris Davis was, naturally, the leading rusher, carrying 31 times for 219 yards and 4 TDs. Torrance Gibson got back in the running game this week as well, totaling 112 yards on 10 rushes, including a 46 yard touchdown. Gibson was also 6/7 for 71 yards, but his last pass was the untimely interception which let Cal back into the game.

skipwondah33
01-16-2015, 11:15 AM
Knew I'd end up losing out on that DE. With I'd had a game last week not that it would have mattered likely

JeffHCross
01-16-2015, 11:25 AM
Knew I'd end up losing out on that DE. With I'd had a game last week not that it would have mattered likelyIt only would have mattered if you had scheduled his Visit for last week rather than me. Your game to game results don't affect anything, other than on Visit week.

skipwondah33
01-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Can't remember which Week he visited, but he would have only had 2 options really early. Week 7 or Week 11. As I've been either the away team or had bye weeks sprinkled in between.

I'm pretty sure he was scheduled for Week 11 as most of my guys I want.

marcotte14
01-17-2015, 09:47 AM
http://easw.easports.com:8096/media2011/ncaa14/1376470/NCA14PS3_124_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_jPt.jpg

Oregon barely escapes College Park with a 55-52 victory over Maryland. The turnover bug hit Oregon's offense as they turned it over 6 times. Freshman QB Jermaine Scott proved he was a freshman today accounting for 3 int and 2 fumbles. On the bright side, Scott did throw for 291 yards on 41 attempts for 3 td's and rushed for 97 yards on 17 carries. The leading rusher was once again DJ Riggins who carried the ball 27 carries for 166 and 2 scores. The Terrapins defense did a good job not letting and any receivers behind them and limited any big plays for Oregon. Big plays for Maryland also kept them in the game, including a 99 yards kickoff return and a 69 yard fumble recovery for a TD.

If it wasn't for a couple key sacks by LB Daniel Barnes, the game could of easily went the other way. The defense continues to struggle giving up 52 points, which most of them came from Maryland's 2nd string Philip Justice.

Next week the Ducks continue on the road as they travel to East Lansing to take on the Spartans.

skipwondah33
01-17-2015, 11:10 AM
LSU vs Texas set to play at 1 est today

skipwondah33
01-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Helluva game between Papa and I

Wished I'd recorded it

Texas wins 27-23 in a tight game. LSU had a chance late with 1 second left but a Texas Safety made a game winning tackle at the 3-yd line

Recap to come

skipwondah33
01-18-2015, 11:33 PM
South Alabama
Florida
UAB

Remain

gschwendt
01-19-2015, 07:02 AM
I'm going to try to get my game in tonight. It'd be nice to be able to advance Tuesday morning.

skipwondah33
01-19-2015, 12:34 PM
LSU falls to #1 Texas in a thriller of a game, 27-23

A key stat in the game were the 2 FG's Texas forced LSU into from inside the redzone in the 3rd quarter as the Tigers were in scoring range both times. The Texas Defense stepped up and forced FG's both instances.

Texas got on board first with a FG in the 1st quarter which would be the only score of the quarter.

Early in the 2nd though LSU got a board with a 24-yd TD to TE Mark Brooks to take a 7-3 lead. The Tiger Defense would then step up and force an interception giving the Offense the ball in a good position to try to add to the lead. Donovan Gray would take it in from 4 yards out to take a 14-3 lead. Texas had an answer for that score as they drove down field and into the endzone with a Keith Sullivan run, 14-10 going into the half.

In the 3rd quarter both Defenses stepped up only allowing FG's all quarter, as LSU tacked on 2 FG's and Texas 1.

The Texas D stepped up alltogether forcing LSU to only FG's, 3 total in the 2nd half. Their Offense added 2 TD's, the last one coming with just 21 seconds left on the clock to take the lead.

LSU didn't have any TO's remaining and needed to cover 80 yards. The first play went for a 29-yd gain, then the next another 7-yd pick up. LSU would get 2 chances at the endzone which left only 1 second remaining. Star WR John Davis looked to have secured the GW TD in double coverage but had the ball slapped out of his hands before coming down in the endzone. One last attempt was tried as Texas got some solid pressure forcing Mosley to get rid of the ball earlier than he wanted. He seen the 6'-7" TE Brooks streaking down the middle just shy of the endzone and had to drill the ball to him instead of lob it.

Could he have a chance!!!!!, no unfortunately he was tackled at the 4-yd line by a Texas defender who made a great tackle on the big TE to end the game. Highlight is up on the Dynasty website, unsure how to post.

LSU had it's chances but couldn't capitalize on the opportunities.

Jeff Mosley had a solid game going 15-20, 194 yards, 1 touchdown and 0 interceptions...though a few were dropped ones.

RB Donovan Gray continues his solid play rushing for 161 yards on 21 carries with a 1 touchdown. Held in check was WR John Davis who only had 1 catch for 10 yards but he did have 2 drops in the game.

Great game Papa, look forward to next year's battle.

psusnoop
01-20-2015, 12:40 AM
G is all that remains

gschwendt
01-20-2015, 06:32 AM
Sorry guys I'm out of town working this weekend and early week. Long story short, only times I haven't been working is when I'm eating or sleeping... I'm really not being facetious.

I might be able to play tonight, otherwise it would be during the day tomorrow. Sorry guys.

JeffHCross
01-20-2015, 07:21 AM
G, it happens. We all get it. (We're getting old!)